Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2) Arc 1: It Begins! (Condensed)

Go down

2) Arc 1: It Begins! (Condensed) Empty 2) Arc 1: It Begins! (Condensed)

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Greetings Readers!

We find ourselves at the cusp of a world in danger, in the early afternoon of this Thursday, November 4. Somewhere in the middle of the South Dakota badlands a mad scientist with a bizarre ability to see in panorama is cackling away as he augments living beings. A wild, elderly Asian man with a record, two doctorates and a hand at hypnosis is running toward Montana, fleeing from the law. Another madman is about to rob a bank in Lincoln, Nebraska, but with an unusual ability. Even more so, there's a girl in a South Dakota college with a sinister dream talent, and a not-so-normal purse-snatching crook from Texas is causing hell in Lawton, Oklahoma.

But let's not fear, Changeling and Epoch are aspiring heroes at the Oklahoma City NSS, Station 7. They are oblivious to the crime in their world, and Breezy is nowhere to be found.

THE ARC
It is now 3:00 on the mild Thursday, November 4. Dr. Weird has been working on his experiments, when he realizes his fridge is low on Throwback, luckily for him, a somewhat-not-so-local gas station near Rapid City has quite the stock. Also, Twisted Fate is peculiarly driving at an amazing speed without any accidents; he's only about 70 miles away from Rapid City, and low on gas.

It has been about an hour since the Lawton police department has thrown the city into lockdown, in search of the frosty burglar and cop killer. A report was made by the Arlington, Texas police station forwarded a report on the criminals appearance from a bus operator who was nearly involved in the police murder situation. The operator, sadly, could not recall the odd, foreign sounding name of the man. However, backing up the report, a Shell Gas Station was robbed by the same man, who managed to kill the attendant. Luckily the camera caught his face and the tape is already being played on news stations nationwide.

The NSS Station nearest the city of Lawton has been notified, since the criminal has shown the ability to make ice weapons. The NSS is activating a new, small group of aspiring heroes to bring the frosty vigilante to justice. They have reported that the team of heroes is most of the new Strike Force. How will the situation turn?

Go now, my super-beings and change the course of forever.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dormitory
Room 419
3:00pm

"ATTENTION ALL NSS RESIDENTS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DISPATCH AUDITORIUM IMMEDIATELY, I REPEAT, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DISPATCH AUDITORIUM IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY"

Epoch shoots up from his little desk that he was zoning out at, just seconds ago. He knew the severity of these announcements, and ran, hurriedly out the door, letting it slam behind himself.

He let his feet take him with haste in the direction of the auditorium.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dormitory
Room 424
3:00pm

Changeling lay on his bed. Sore, yet again, but what was new. Just as he began to doze off the alert went off,

"ATTENTION ALL NSS RESIDENTS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DISPATCH AUDITORIUM IMMEDIATELY, I REPEAT, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DISPATCH AUDITORIUM IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY"

Changeling shot up from his bed. this was the real thing, time to get serious.

He quickly put on his clothes and grabbed his masks and ran out the door towards the auditorium, nervous but excited all at once.

Somewhere outside Rapid City
3:00 PM

A distinctly audible sound came from the dashboard of Takeshi's card, and a light situated next to the speedometer flashed on, low gas. Takeshi grimaced as he sputtered to himself," Dammit, low gas already?" After driving another 20 miles or so Takeshi happened upon an exit leading him to a small gas station.

"This will do just fine," as Takeshi pulled into the gravel parking lot of the station and pulling up next to pump #3. As Takeshi pumped his gas, he caught a glimpse of a peculiar looking man walking into the station," Odd, it felt as if that man was watching me....yet, his back was turned on me the whole time." Suddenly, Takeshi heard the snap of the fuel nozzle cutting off the flow of gas. Just as Takeshi was about to slide his card through the pump he stopped himself and though," Perhaps using my card is not the smartest of ideas, I could be being tracked." As Takeshi walked into the small gas station he got a second glimpse of the strange man, cramming cans of...Throwback.... into his coat.

Somewhere in Oklahoma

The young man in the brown jacket chokes down the last of his first pack. When he passes a TV repair shop.

"Authorities are not sure how this young man is killing people. Our analysts have reviewed the footage and conclude that he is tossing knives in a skillful manner. However according to the police report no murder weapon was found at the scene of the crime. Here is an artist sketch of the male. He appears to be six feet tall, with slightly tanned skin. and sparse facial hair. If you should see this man report it to the local authorities." these words came spouting from the TV behind the window like vomit from a sick child.

"What the fuck?" asked Akvo, "I didn't ask for this! If only that stupid bitch had more than forty bucks I could have just made my way around fine. I should have gone south."

"This man is armed and dangerous, having killed four highway patrolmen, if you see him do not approach. The National Superhero Society is on the look out so there is no need to panic."

"No need to panic!? What about me!?" he shouted as he threw his hand towards the glass window.

Akvo fires an icicle at the offending TV.

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dispatch Auditorium
3:03pm

Epoch pushed his way through a small swath of students as he ran into the auditorium; punctuality was always his strong point. Professor Quantum stood at the front of the room, behind a podium and he looked up to notice Epoch enter.

"Epoch! Epoch!" Quantum charged with his voice.

It caught epoch's ears and he knew with utter concern that Quantum always called him Darren, unless there was a real emergency.

"Epoch, sit up front, this is important," Quantum sighed loudly.

Rushing to the front, Epoch noticed three open seats with labels, in order from the isle in, "Epoch, Changeling and Breezy." He took the seat with his label and sat down as everyone crammed into the auditorium.

Somewhere in Oklahoma

Akvo notices a hobo watching him and asks, "What are you looking at old man?"

"I know what I just saw" replied the drunken hobo.

Akvo moves in on the old man and hauls him into an alley.

"Look, maybe you saw something maybe you didn't." Akvo says as he pulls out a pack of cigarettes.

"I've got a whole pack of Camel Wides that says you were taking a nap when that happened." Akvo said as he stuffs the pack of cigarettes into the vagrant’s coat.

Outskirts of Rapid City
Jack Rabbits Gas Stop
Time: 3:13

“Ding”

“Beautiful weather today isn’t it.” Dr. Weird says entering the store wearing a trench coat carrying a walking cane.

“Yeah, nice for South Dakota.” Says the unenthusiastic 18 year old cashier, you could tell she wanted to be somewhere else.

After stuffing as many cans of Throw Back in his coat as he could he grabbed four cases and proceeded to the cash register. “OH MY GOD,” the cashier shouted “Did you see the news?” A small 15 inch TV behind the counter was playing the State News. It was about a mysterious young man in Lawton Oklahoma who had apparently killed 4 cops and robbed a gas station, but had an interesting ability to manipulate ice. “Aw, and he looks cute too.”

“Interesting, I need to meet this person.”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing, now how much for the beverages?”

“$10.54, you really like this stuff, what’s the difference?”

“Love it, everybody always asks, you just have to try it for yourself. Thank you and have a nice day.” Picking up his purchase as an experienced looking Asian came walking in with a nervous look on his face.

Takeshi slowly began to approach the strange man, "Excuse me, but it seems as though you have been watching me, explain yourself."

“Excuse me, sir I have no idea what you are talking about.” Says Dr. Weird with a sly grin.

Aggravated, Takeshi responded, “I can see right through your lies, now, I will ask once more, who the hell are you?"

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dispatch Auditorium
3:04pm

Changeling rushes into the Auditorium and looks around for his team, spotting Epoch at the front and breezy nowhere in sight.

He hustles over to sight down in a chair labeled with his name... Hmm.. It's nice feeling wanted. How many of the others in here have names on their seats... hah.

Professor Quantum took notice of Changeling's arrival and looked inquisitive as to the whereabouts of Breezy. Changeling just shrugged and Quantum took to the gesture.

"Quiet... quiet people. Now, I'm going to get straight to the point. There has been an incident with a young man. He has murdered four highway patrol men and has been recently spotted robbing a gas station and murdering the clerk. A security camera caught him in the act. He appears to be gifted, like all of you. We aren't certain what his specific power is as of yet but he is to be considered extremely dangerous. The NSS has requested our newest team, the Strike Force, be dispatched to handle this threat before he gets even more out of hand. That is all for now, please will the Strike Force stay with me a moment before heading out."

Quantum runs his hands through his hair something he doesn't often do, he must be nervous.

"Epoch, Changeling. Your the only two I have right now, so you're going to have to watch each others back. Don't split up, I know its your first call and I know your excited but just because the target is alone doesn't mean it will be easy. Don't let that get to your head. Be careful, and I hope to hear from you when you make contact with the target. Good luck."

Changeling looked Epoch in the eye, and nodded.

"It's time Epoch', as Changeling put out his hand for Epoch to grab.

Outskirts of Rapid City
Time: 3:15

“Chill out Jackie Chan, I have no clue what you are going on about, and I also don’t feel obligated to tell you anything let alone someone I don’t even know.”

Taken off guard by the Jackie Chan comment, Takeshi hastily changed the topic," I see you use a cane to walk, yet you look less than half my age."

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dispatch Auditorium

Epoch reaches out and grabs Changeling's hand and shakes his hand. "I have to go suit up," he says to Changeling, standing up, taking his hand back.

Quantum stops Epoch, "You are to report to the helicopter pad in ten minutes, your flight is waiting for you."

Epoch looks from Quantum to Changeling and nods then runs out of the room, headed back to his dorm.

He can hear Quantum addressing Changeling, but cannot make out the conversation as he exits.

Outskirts of Rapid City
Time: 3:15

Thinking of a rebuttal Dr. Weird starts thing for a moment. “Hold on you look familiar, now where have I seen you before?”

Takeshi responded with a look of intensity on his face," Perhaps, I will introduce myself if you return the favor."

Lawton, Oklahoma
Alleyway

"Your cigarettes aren't going change the fact that I saw you breaking that stuff. I know who you are kid, you're that guy who killed the highway patrolmen." says the hobo shaking.

"You don't know shit," replies Akvo taking the cigarettes back and raising his hand, "Say good night."

Nothing happens and Akvo stares at his hand as though it had just cost him dearly. "Why is it you only work when someone is watching?" he asks rhetorically before grabbing the old man and throwing him on the ground.

"I was going to let you live. You should have just taken the cigarettes."

The hobo raised his hands to shield himself but Akvo swiftly ends the man’s life with an icicle to the chest. Akvo runs towards the other end of the alley.

Outskirts of Rapid City
Time: 3:16

“Well playing my Asian comrade, I am Professor Hiram Boggs, pleasure to meet you sir.”

Extending his hand, offering a handshake Takeshi replied," Very good, I am Dr. Hazata Takeshi."

“Well what brings you out to this little corner of the world?” Dr. Weird asked.

Just as Takeshi was about to respond, he heard a special report broadcast on the TV....*In other news, in Wichita Kansas, 15 individuals 7 male, 8 female, where found dead in the freezer room of the Lab of Dr. Hazata Takeshi, the whereabouts of Takashi himself are unknown, but there are leads that he has head north." This obviously got the attention of Takeshi, and also, the gas station attendant, who at this point had a look of terror masking her face, glaring directly at Takeshi. Takeshi craned his head looking back at Hiram," Let me take care of this," then suddenly glaring into the eyes of the young attendant.

NSS Station 7
Dispatch Auditorium
3:06pm

Changeling watches as Epoch run out of the room.

Changeling turns back to Quantum as Quantum puts his hand on Changelings shoulder, "With Breezy no where to be found and only you and Epoch being sent to handle this I feel I should remind you that Epoch has no true offensive powers. We don't know how dangerous this young man is; I want you to keep an extra close eye on Epoch. Now get to the landing pad, your flight leaves shortly."

Changeling nods his acknowledgment and dashes out of the auditorium. He catches only a brief sentence before he rounds the corner.

"Remember students being available when you are needed is THE most important rule of the NSS agreement..."

Changeling bursts out laughing at that. Breezy is never going to hear the end of this...

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dormitory Room 419
3:07pm

Epoch is rushing to slip into his suit.

"Just a few minutes, I have to hurry," he keep muttering as he slips his casual clothes off and starts bouncing on his left foot, trying to get his legs through.

It only takes a minute, in his rush to put the electric blue spandex suit on and for a final touch he sticks his small blue mask to his face over his eyes.

"I gotta hurry," he mumbles again, as he rushes out of his room, full in blue spandex and white boots and gloves, and lets the door slam again.

Outskirts of Rapid City

Time: 3:16
The clerks eyes suddenly gloss over into a state of hypnosis.

After a few seconds of nothing happening, the young clerk fell to the floor screaming in agony, her screams completely incoherent, as she slowly fell into a fetal position crying, eventually going catatonic.

Hearing the latest report on the news Dr. Weird starts eyeing Takeshi with great interest through his thick sunglass. I am just going to see where this goes, Dr. Weird thought to himself. As Takeshi was standing ideal looking past Dr. Weird l in the back of his head he saw the cashier fall over screaming, amazing thought the mad doctor. Staring at Takeshi, Dr. Weird exclaimed with a giant grin “Let’s be friends.”

Takeshi stepping behind the counter and kneeling down next to the twitching corpse of the young women, replied sternly to Hiram's proposition of friendship, "Perhaps, but for now, help me get this corpse into the freezer."

“Freezer? Why waste a perfectly good body, help me load this in to my pod.” Dr. Weird replies. He clicks a button on his cane and a pod appears out in the parking lot, and Dr. Weird begins to load it with his pop. Coming back in to grab the money, more Throwback and the security tapes.

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Helicopter Landing Pad
3:11pm

Changeling reached the roof level and opened the door, the bright light shone in his face. Shielding his eyes with his hand his focus returned and saw the helicopter, a dark grey beast waiting to be commanded. The pilot waved him over, "Hi, I'll be your pilot from now on. My name is Thomas Redding but just call me Tom, I understand you are the Changeling."

I nodded in agreement. "Got a pretty machine here. I hope we don't mess her up too much."

"Aww, she's a good bird. She'll be fine. I'm more worried about you and your team. Speaking of which... the others on their way?" Just as Tom finished his sentenced Epoch kicked the door open and sprinted over to the helicopter.

Changeling turned to Epoch and said, "I thought you were gonna be late, then I realized how ridiculous that sounded."

Epoch shrugged and said, "You'd be surprised how often I am, ha ha." Changeling offered no more than a brief smirk.

Tom opened the side door and ushered the two of us in. "Enough wasting time, I think you two have a bad guy to catch." He said with a big grin on his face obviously trying hide his nervousness.

"You better be buckled in because I'm not stopping to help you down." Tom offered before flicking a handful of switches.

The helicopter began its wind up and it's engines kicked in full force and tore a hole through the sky, making the NSS Station no more than a speck in a matter of seconds.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

2) Arc 1: It Begins! (Condensed) Empty Re: 2) Arc 1: It Begins! (Condensed)

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Lincoln, Nebraska
2:24pm
Ike's Apartment

While flipping through channels, different news reports of killings have become a big topic. One down in northern Texas area and another a Japanese doctor who threw bodies in the freezer. "Wow, this much excitement?", looking at the lines of text describing the situations. "Hmmm, two icy situations. Sounds fun and I am getting bored with this place, maybe I should move north?", Ike strokes his chin thinking. "I'm kinda of interested in meeting this 'iceman', but then again it might ruin my identity. What to do, what to do?"

Looks at coin on top of the coffee table. "Ok then, Lady Luck point me the way."

Ike flips the coin, “Heads I go check out the iceman, tails I’ll go to South Dakota.”

It lands tails.

"Heading north then," Ike turns toward the TV to hear about the NSS investigating the iceman. "*sigh*.........good luck to you iceman, maybe we'll meet up later."

Packs up necessities, food and money. Ike pulls out a canister of gasoline and pours it all over the apartment. Ike walks over to the oven opens it and turns on the propane letting it leak slowly but steadily. Then walks over to a corner and lights a candle. "That should just about do it. Now for to tie up some loose ends."

Ike walks down to the lobby and talks to the Manager.
"Margret its been a pleasant stay but I must be leaving."
"Ah yes your forms are all filled out Mr. Michael Leonardo. We hope you enjoyed your stay!"

"Yes I did," Ike spoke through gritted teeth. "Thank you."

Walks out door, briskly walking toward his Pontiac Grand Prix and takes off in a haste.

15 minutes later

A large explosion in the side of a building is seen in Ike's rear view mirror as he exits the city. "Ah yes, now that’s what I call an exit," Ike looking back at the debris and chunks of his apartment wall fall, obliterating everything in the room. "Hope the neighbors don't mind the noise hehehehe." Ike turns toward I-29 then heads north.

Outskirts of Rapid City
Jack Rabbits Gas Stop
Time: 3:18

Dr. Weird walks over to the girl’s body and examines her. "She ain't dead yet." he says stand back up and looking out the window. "Shit, we should leave." He noticed a few other people out in the parking lot staring in and on their cells phones with frightened expressions after hear the scream from had just happened moments ago. Thinking that he no time to deal with the girl turning to Takeshi, "We should go, NOW!" Dr. Weird bolts through the doors of the store and hopes in his pod. "The police will be here in 10 minutes, 5 if they’re not on a doughnut break." With out even turning his head he shouted to Takeshi, "COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE."

Lawton, Oklahoma
Alleyway
3:06pm

Akvo rushes down the alleyway and begins to think of hiding spots. He stops shortly before the mouth of the alley and begins thinking.

"Wait, I just left the body there, I left the clerks body in the gas station, and got caught on film. I never was this sloppy before, why am I leaving a trail? The cops won't have any trouble finding me if I keep this up." he says aloud to no one in particular as he makes his way back toward the hobos body.

He begins lugging the body towards the nearby dumpster, "Why are dead people so heavy?" he grunts as he shoves the body in the dumpster. He looks at his hand and points it toward the body, "Maybe if I freeze him he'll be harder to find."

Akvo’s powers fails, he swears as he closes the dumpster and begins moving east up the alley

"That should make him a little harder to find." he says as he makes his way north on NW 4th street. "Why do I almost feel like I know where I'm going? What's drawing me this way and not into a building to hide?" he asks aloud.

"And why do I keep talking out loud? Only crazy people do that." he mutters and moves along at a casual pace with his hands in his coat pockets.

Somewhere Over Oklahoma
NSS Emergency Helicopter
3:19pm

Epoch and Changeling have been aboard the emergency helicopter for a few minutes, and Tom, the pilot, is nearly silently focusing on piloting the craft.

Epoch sits in a bucket seat behind Tom, with Changling to his right. He watches out the window for a while before leaning forward to Tom, "Excuse me, Tom," He asks, tapping Tom on the shoulder.

"Yes, what is it?" Tom asks straight forward.

"I was never fully briefed on who we are after this time. We've never been sent like this so I am assuming there isn't some guy in a ski mask holding up a Denny's down there," Epoch replies.

"Well," Tom begins, "There's some guy down there who seems to be on a sort of rampage, he's been blasting ice bolts at officers and, as it sounds from the gas station incident, anyone who stands in his way."

Epoch slinks back in his seat, "Sounds wonderful," he never liked dealing with enemies who had killed before, "how long until we land?"

"We don't land," Tom begins, "I go low and you go down on ripcords, then I circle until the area is safe."

"When is that?" Epoch asks again.

"About fifteen minutes."

Jack Rabbit Gas Stop
3:18 PM

Takeshi stood up over the young women as he watched Hiram dash out the door,"I will be right with you," Takeshi spoke, as he put his foot on the young girls neck, crushing down until there was an audible snap of her trachea shattering.

(Outside)
3:19 PM

Takeshi ran over to the the strange pod that Hiram hopped into," What the hell is this contraption?" Takeshi questioned.

“This, my friend, is my personal transportation pod the Mark -7 Orbital Observational Platform. Made by me for me and one of a kind.” After flipping a few switches the machine started moving and the stereo starts playing classic rock “Sorry this only seats one, I suggest that you get to your car and follow me.”

Then shouting “HIGH HO SILVER AWAAAAY!” heading towards a nearby prairie.

Somewhere Over Oklahoma
NSS Emergency Helicopter
3:22pm

Changeling and Epoch sit in the helicopter, awaiting their arrival, and showdown with this criminal.

Changeling thought out loud to himself, "What right does he think he has... killing anyone that stands in his way. He doesn't understand the meaning of killing, taking a life and choosing to end it, the consequences... the pain...."

Changeling lowered his head in sorrow.. No, this isn't the time for regret, this it the time for a criminal to pay.

"...I will put him through more pain than he's imagined before death is allowed to take him."

Changeling leans his head on the window.

Soon Jennifer, I can prove myself to you.

As he clenches his fists, his knuckles turn white.

The helicopter slashes through the air and can't arrive soon enough for Changeling.

The helicopter began to lower its altitude as it came over the Lawton Army Airfield.

"Is that a military institution, down there," Epoch asked.

"Yeah, that sure is," Tom started, "but you know how it is. They don't want to risk leveling a city and wasting all that ammunition on a superpowered guy with unknown limitations. And the government always likes to use the NSS, "They're paying for us, they may as well use us"."

"Yeah, for everything," Epoch commented. He still couldn't believe how the government tended to use registered superheroes like accident custodians, or cheap labor.

Tom pulled the controls and lowered as he flipped a switch after slowing the helicopter. The switch initiated a buzzing sound and the side door slowly came open. "Take your ripcords and good luck, boys. I'm dropping you in Elmer Thomas Park, and put your earpieces in, so I know when to pick you up," Tom said, bringing the craft to a hover.

"Got it," Epoch said, grabbing his ripcord. He noticed Changeling sit up as he began to descend from the Helicopter. Soon he'd be face to face with a super villain.

Lawton, Oklahoma
The Intersection of NW Ferris Ave. and NW 3rd St.
3:30pm

With his hands in his coat pockets and NW Ferris Ave. behind him, Akvo approaches a pathway. The path was surrounded by lush grass. It would be beautiful if he wasn't freaking out about being tailed by cops and potentially idiots in spandex.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." he swore rapidly approaching a gate 200 feet away.

"Elmer Thomas Park and their fine employees," he scoffed as he noticed a sign and the gate attendant was sleeping, "Must not get many visitors, perfect."

The Gate of Elmer Thomas Park
3:32pm

He was unsuccessful.

"Seriously?" he questioned aloud, staring at his hands he focused even harder and tried again. "You work on cops and TVs but when I need to cover my fucking trail nothing happens."

He failed yet again to kill the attendant but managed to freeze the gate shut.

"Stupid Deathcicles. I covered that gate pretty nicely though. Doubt anybody can get through that for a while." he said admiring his handiwork. He moved onto the lush grass a large body of water not twenty feet away. Every step he took resulted in the grass curling and freezing beneath his feet.

"What the fuck? I should have just kicked the shit out of the attendant. Stupid hands… stupid feet! Should have fucking stayed in Arlington. Stupid old bitch. Why did this have to happen to me? I'm nobody I didn't ask for this." he began shouting when an idea came to him.

He took his shoes off and gingerly stepped out onto Lake Helen. His feet never became wet. His feet landed on a small circle of water and he almost lost his balance. He stepped out again and again leaving a trail of ice circles behind him; constantly losing his balance until he jumped, landing on both his feet and generating a large ice circle about thirty feet from the edge of the water. He sat down then wrapped his hands around his knees. He looked out to see his shoes on the shore.

"Ugh, why am I such a failure? It seems like every time i use my ice powers I lose my common sense."

Lawton, Oklahoma
Elmer Thomas Park
3:37pm

Changeling gripped the rip chord firmly and descended to the ground smoothly. He planted his feet on the ground.

Changeling surveyed the area, with nothing in particular catching his eye.

He stood up and turned to Epoch placing a mask resembling a panther on his face. "He's nearby, I'm not going to give him a chance to spot me. But maybe I can spot him."

He turns to a large tree and attempts to climb it.

Changeling claws and scrambles but can't get more than a few feet up the tree before falling flat on his ass.

He turns and looks Epoch in the face, "...Or not" as he shrugs.

Changeling begins walking, searching for anything peculiar, off in the distance Changeling saw a large gate, blocked with something... something melting.

His heart began to pump faster, and his breathing quickened.
Vermillion, SD
USD (University of South Dakota)
Physics 211
3:24 of the PM

Mara sits in her Physics class, kneading her eyelids. ”Never again will I take a course at 3:00. Afternoon equals nap-time.” she thinks to herself.

The clock on the wall seems to move in reverse, and the teacher’s lecture is hitting her mind like an onslaught of suicidal birds; each equation flying fast into the wall before falling to the ground, not even the guts or feathers sticking to the surface.

She is almost asleep when the professor finally dismisses his students. The announcement is a trigger, waking the drowsy girl just enough so that she pulls herself from her seat and heads out the door.

Yawning, Mara makes her way back to the dorms, her feet carrying her from from one side of campus to the other before she realizes. Her hand reaches into her coat pocket, fishing out the room key as she traverses a handful of staircases.

With a jingling flick of the wrist, the pathway to the bed is now visible, and it feels as if she floats to its promise of relief. An arm darts for the remote before her entire figure collapses onto the bottom of two lofted bunk beds. The TV vvmmms to life with a click, and the news softly filters through the air, which is accompanied by the hum of a fan that’s tucked in the open window . She can’t recall when she watched the news last, nor can she remember turning the fan on. “It was probably Jannet…” she thinks to herself, a image of her roommate coming to mind. It didn’t matter. Though its contents were usually ‘depressing’, most of it went in one ear and out the other. This Thursday is no different, as the girl turns around to face the wall, curling up in her grey bedding.

Sleep almost grips her yet again, but the current reporter’s story sparks curiosity in her dozy thoughts.

“Our most current news story takes place near Rapid City moments ago, where a young gas station clerk was murdered by two men, only one of them known to us at this time. Many eye witnesses watched as an Asian man and Scientist hurriedly made their escape. One brave soul went in afterwards to check on the woman who had been working inside.”

Shaking the short hair out of her eyes, Mara sits up to listening to a hick-looking witness as he relays what he saw. ”The guy needs a shave….” She murmers aloud, the man’s face almost distracting her from the story. He talks loudly to the video camera, Mara now caught up on how he pronounces his ‘a’s, and just about everything else.

“I whas whalkin’ up tew the bwuildin’ teh pay for mha gas, when I luwked up ‘n sahw her standin’ still as a haystack, luwkin’ all tierdlike. All ‘asuddin, she screamed some’fin fierce! I was scurred to go in, so ah waited till them tew fewllahs lehft. They were s’picious fowk, one of em flehw owff in a UFOw!”

Halfway into the story, Mara decides the clearly southern accent is just too much, and she mutes the volume. The summary scrolls across the bottom of the report, and she reads that instead. Some of the details catch her attention, such as the witnesses claim to have seen the clerk being ‘hynotized’ in some sort of fashion before screaming. Her death was caused by a severe and swift blow to the neck, which the authorities assumed was done by one of the men who had fled. The camera tapes had been taken too, but a number of descriptions had at least provided something for sketches... Supposedly, one of those men might have been some runaway killer from Kansas.

A few more details were absorbed before she powers off the TV. Wide-awake now, Mara finds it hard to not act on the plans bubbling up from within her mind.
Lawton, Oklahoma
606 SW Lee Blvd

A group of people stands outside Fleming Tv & Vcr Service. The largest TV in the window is destroyed but the thirteen-inch black and white spreads words of wisdom to the folks of Lawton.

"And it's going to be a balmy 71 degrees out today ladies and gents. Back to Lindsay Vocht with the local news."

"Thanks Justin, it's a hot one out there and with no word on our local 'Ice Fellow' KSWO can only sit out in the cold"

Meanwhile…
Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen

Akvo lays in the fetal position with his eyes closed. He would be rocked to sleep on the light waves if it weren't for the helicopter overhead. He doesn't bother looking up at it.
"What's the point?" he mumbles.

The small circles of ice where he water walked are long melted but the one he is floating on hasn't lost any size.

He hears a thud not that far off. He still refuses to look up, rocking gently on his cold platform.
Vermillion, SD
USD (University of South Dakota)
Mara's Dorm Room
3:36 of the PM

When college had started, a good amount of her free time was spent researching her powers and finding others who happened to have special talents. The humdrum life of a student had made her fall into a sense of do-nothing, but with this new bit of information, she finds herself in wonder again… almost desperate to find an answer to why she has her dream reading abilities, her lack of dreams, and if there's anyone out there who has the same problem.

Mara almost considers throwing clothes into a suitcase and taking a trip to the Black Hills area. After all, it is almost the weekend… but after a moment’s pause, she loses the initiative.

”It’ll probably just end in disappointment. The murders are probably long gone... Plus, there’s not a whole lot of money in my account either, gas could be an issue…” considers the girl. A chuckle escapes her at the thought of going to a gas station. “Good thing it was on that side of the state, or those two might have more than just the police on their tails.” Even though her powers were limited, Mara often found herself comforted by the fact that she at least has some sort of defense.

Mockery falls heavy on her mind now, the news story a growing splinter in her brain. The boredom and routine that had been going on for the past few months crumble beneath her. Mara questions her decision to stay in the small town over the weekend, as the need to get away becomes increasingly prominent.

Snatching her coat quickly, she shakes her head (something she does often out of habit) and quickly leaves the brick building. Half a block away, she slows her pace, a small inquisitive smile creeping to the corner of her lips. “If I can’t fight boredom elsewhere, I might as well do it here.”

South Dakota
Badlands
Dr. Weird’s Warehouse
Time: 3:31

They approach a giant run down building that looks like the only thing holding it together was the rust. “Here we are home sweet home.” Says Dr. Weird, but before anybody could go inside he hits another button and a hanger door begins to open revealing a brand new high-powered jet plane. Seeing Takeshi’s puzzled look as he got out of his car. “I have one more errand to run; my Throwback needs some....Ice." As he approached the plane in his pod and seeing still puzzled look out of the back of his head, “Oh, I just got this and have no idea how to drive it.” Ascending the steps to the door as the pod lands in the plane’s cargo bay, looking over his shoulder with a devilish grin he asked, “You coming?”

Vermillion, SD
Somewhere
3:42 of the PM
Though the windy day seems to blow a number of troubles away, her efforts to find students in slumber end after a quick search of the Math and Science complex.

“Maybe today’s just not my day.” She sighs, looking up into the branches of overhead trees.
The limited things to do confine her as she tries to come up with other options. Doing homework, walking, and sleeping all come to mind, but nothing else follows. ”If I can’t dream read or sleep, then I might as well walk.” she thinks, her feet moving again, leading her in no particular direction.

As she walks, another thought itches at the back of her brain. ”I could practice my other power… “ A long empty pause hangs over the mental statement. She realizes it has been some time since she tried, and she wonders if it would even work. The last time had been an accident.

Looking up from her notions, Mara finds herself in the local park. Leaves litter the ground in a thick sheet of yellow and brown, though a portion of it is being tossed about by two small children near the swing set. Turning her head and huddling into her jacket, the girl looks elsewhere; she is fairly certain that children don’t have that many traumatic experiences yet...

Lawton, Oklahoma
Elmer Thomas Park, Near Lake Helen

"I'll just stick to something a tad more reliable," Epoch says slightly chuckling. Changeling's thud on the hard earth was comic enough to lighten up the situation for him to finally smile again. "My feet work perfectly fine."

He starts headed toward the North East and says back to Changeling who was picking himself off the ground, "I saw movement near that lake over there as I came down my rope, think I'll head there."

Epoch pace hastens as he focuses strongly. His mind starts racing, not only with thoughts of excitement, but anxiety over his first real assignment. Noticing his worry, he begins breathing. The rhythm he needed, practicing his breathing was important if he was ever to teleport again. The thought boldly slipped into his cranium. That was something important to him, expanding the power that got him out of that lonesome prison.

Suddenly his thoughts slipped back to just a few years ago when he was trapped in that egg shaped room. Everything was white and sterile, the fabric of the walls and floor were all woven into one, and it was specially created to keep him in. The facility there was his only prison and only real torture aside from being ripped away from his parents. Had he not teleported that summer he would likely still be there. That's what all of this was for, to get better, stronger, so he could face anything, and stand in the way of such a cruel injustice. Then he thought, just how many other gifted children were holed up in a place like that?

Before he could even consider it, Epoch snapped back to reality as the lake was before him, only a few yard out. On the water he spied a small icy saucer, bearing a barely moving body. That body had to be the criminal he and Changeling had been scrambled for. Epoch then shouted back to Changeling, who was still a ways behind, "I think I found him!"

Epoch bolted the extra few yards to the waters edge and commanded, "Turn and face me, ice maker!"

Akvo hears someone shout something that could only be directed at him.

"Go away, I'm a troubled kid just lashing out at society. Nothing to get involved with."

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Somewhere over Nebraska
Time: 3:47

“Watch me do a BARREL ROLL, WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” shouts Dr. Weird as Takeshi starts blowing chunks in the back seat.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Elmer Thomas Park, Near Lake Helen

Changeling recovers his footing and runs after Epoch. Removing the Panther mask and replacing it with the cool metal mask in one swift motion. He hears Epoch yell a ways off, "I think I found him!"

Changeling runs to Epoch's side and sees a figure on the lake.

Changeling figures now is as good a time as any, he focuses his mind. He focuses on his body specifically his strength and agility.

Epoch notices that Changeling has hesitated a bit and decides to call out the wounded sounding man, "At least come to the shore, we promise that we will stand down. If this whole thing really is a misunderstanding, then the NSS can figure out a program for you. Please come this way so we can get to the bottom of this, if you refuse we may be forced to use any means to bring you in," He states firmly. Although a thought ran through his head, did that sound leaderly? Did I coat it on too thick?

"I didn't mean to kill those people! I'm just a lowly purse-snatcher! A dreg of society…. I wasn't trying to hurt anybody. I should have just stayed in Arlington!" Akvo calls to the blue suited man no more than forty feet away.

He begins talking to himself quietly but frantically, "What can I do? You guys are probably just lying to get me out there. Maybe they're serious… but I did kill people… I just don't know."

He hesitates before shouting

"No way! I know it's a trick! I'm not coming out there… Just go away!" He shouts and raises his hands around the perimeter of his ice platform.

Nothing happens, and Akvo looks at his hands and tries again to no avail.

"WHY?!" He shouts, "Why won't you work…." he says to himself.

"Why did this have to happen to me? Just go away!" he shouts towards the duo and throws his hand outward not at anyone in particular, just in their general direction.

But it’s to no avail.

"You don't seem willing to cooperate but things haven't been going your way today, have they?" Changeling shouts across the water.

"This is your chance, surrender and come with us, we can help you. If you refuse, we will have no choice but to force you."

Changeling tensed up and raises his palm towards the stranger.

"Well, wanna make my day? Do ya? ....Punk."

It might still be a trick. Akvo thought.

Akvo shouts "Please! Just leave me alone!" before using his ice shield to encase himself and the platform in ice.

Ice quickly encases the man on the small ice raft in a small ice bubble. Epoch looked in awe, perhaps this guy was a little more powerful than he thought.

"Changeling," Epoch said sternly but quietly, "if you can, break that ice dome, if you feel you can't, I'll try to teleport on top of it and bust it in."

Changeling heeds Epoch and focuses his mind and manages to launch two psionic spikes that shake the ice ball significantly.

Akvo curls up as the ice bubble rocks and tosses him from his position. "Fuck, they're trying to get in… What do I do? I should have just surrendered these guys probably could crush me. Those were probably just warning shots! Jesus Christ! The next ones will probably go straight through me… oh my god. I need to do something." He focuses his powers on making his ice a couple inches thicker.

Changeling watches as two Psionic spikes soar towards the frozen shield. His hands clench together as he awaits the impact. The spikes hit and dissipate leaving not a mark upon the shield.

"Holy crap did you see that? Oh... what the hell...not even a scratch." he grits his teeth.

Epoch was in awe as the attack by Changeling was ineffective to the ice dome. He watched on as he could see through the foggy ice that there was definitely movement inside. This guy could be a total professional, he thought, he must be planning something.

"All right, Changeling," Epoch said with purpose, "take a quick break and I'll try teleporting."

Changeling nodded to him.

"I'm going for about six feet above the ice pod and I'll drop my foot on it hard," Epoch closes his eyes and concentrates for a second or two and breathes in.

Epoch lets his breath out to see that his first attempt was unsuccessful. He shakes his head and closes his eyes again. "Focus! Just be there, do it, you can do it!" He shouts to himself in his head just before he breathes in.

Changeling looks on as the ice seems to obscure the visage of the stranger even more than before.

Changeling shouts to Epoch, "I think the ice got thicker! Look out!"

Suddenly he feels that vacuum-like feeling of suffocating, and within an instant Epoch is six feet above the dome of ice. His eyes rip open quickly as he breathes out and thrusts his left foot down to make contact with the ice. His brow curls with intensity and a serious ferociousness with the excitement of teleporting a second time.

SLAM Epochs foot hits the ice hard, sending a jolt through his leg as it slips off the surface of the dome.

"Damn it!" Epoch exclaims out loud as he slips, I should have gone up higher, I could have made a greater force, he screams in his head. Flailing, he wraps his limbs about the dome, like a frantic cat attacking a ball that's twice it's size. He clings on snugly and puffs out an agitated breath.

Akvo sits up straight this time, prepared this time. He looks up as he feels his ball sink a bit. "They're still trying to get in. I think these guys are good but I think my ball just might be a little too thick for them. I have to keep preparing. I know they're going to kill me. THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME!" he shouts inside his possibly unsafe bubble. He increases the thickness of the bubble by another inch.

Fed up Changeling yells, "Enough of this crap!" Changeling frees his mind once, focusing on his body. He spreads his arms apart and raises them into the air.

C'MON!!!!! A burst of energy is shot outward from him, but is it successful?

Epoch glances back to Changeling while laying on the globe, and notices that Changeling is attempting to charge himself. Epoch decides to jump off the dome to swim to shore after seeing a spike sailing his way.

Akvo begins to calm himself. Slowing his breathing down. Watching the vapor rise and collect against the ceiling of the ball.

"If only that added strength to my defense… they're probably going to kill me I need to keep calm. I have no idea what they're capable of." he reasons aloud.

~CRACK~

"Oh shit, OH shit, OH SHIT! They're making progress, stay calm, stay calm." he says to himself as his ball rocks hard and rises as though a weight is lifted from it.

"Gotta keep preparing" he says and begins working diligently though only managing to increase the thickness of the ball by an inch.

Changeling looks on as another layer of ice is added to the dome.

"THAT IS IT! I HAVE HAD IT!!" this time roaring at the stranger, who continues to only fuel his rage further.

He reaches back and feels for the horns of his minotaur mask. The cool metal leaves his face as the soft inside of the minotaur mask replaces it. A rush of blood fills his head as a great strength seethes through him.

Changeling feels his muscles bulge and enters the water his eyes never leaving the globe.

He puts one hand in front of the other alternatively, thinking "THIS IS IT, ENOUGH FUCKING AROUND! YOUR NOT GONNA GET ANOTHER LAYER ON THERE! I'LL SMASH THIS ENTIRE BALL APART BEFORE YOU DO!!"

Changeling’s strokes quicken as he nears the Globe.

The young man in the brown jacket continues concentrating. Breathing slowly. He looks up again at the crystals forming on the ceiling and is thankful that another layer of ice is added to his protection. He also gets an idea manipulating the outermost layer into a layer of spikes making it a 9 inch thick ball with a layer of offensive spikes on the outside

Hiram's Jet
Time: 3:48 PM

Takeshi shouted at Hiram from the passenger seat of the plane,"How don't you know how to fly this damn jet you god damn crazy bastard!" Suddenly, Takeshi looked to the left to see a moderate sized skyline in the distance... Oklahoma City," It seems as though we are getting closer and closer to Lawton... thank goodness..."

“AND I NEVER HAD A PILOTS LESSON IN MY LIFE MWAHAHAHAHAHA!” Having way too much fun to caring about safety, seeing Takeshi with a sickly look of relief as he looks out the window. “THAT’S NOT OKLAHOMA CITY IT’S NORTH PLATTES NEBRASKA WE STILL HAVE 35 MINUTES TILL WE REACH LAWTON MAYBE MORE I HAVE NO IDEA THE DISTANCE......WE’RE GOING TO DO ANOTHER BARREL ROLL MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.”
"It will be a cold day in hell when I let you do that again!" Takeshi roared as he pushed Hiram out of the pilots seat and quickly took over," If a maniac like you can fly this with no experience, I would think I can too."

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Shore
3:45pm

Epoch reaches the shore, panting a bit from the impromptu swim. As he pulls himself up, to situate himself in a sitting position, Changeling finishes shouting angrily and charges into the water with his Minotaur Mask.

"Changeling's gonna rip that guy a new one," Epoch mutters to himself. While Changeling's pace quickens through the water, Epoch watches as a layer of icy spikes protrude from the ice dome, "what in the world is this guy doing?" Epoch questions to himself, "If this sort of thing keeps up, and we don't get that guy out of there, I'm teleporting into town to find a chainsaw."

Changelings strokes quicken as he nears the Globe, he reaches up with a massive paw and clamps down on the globe with an unbreakable grip.

~CRUNCH~
~CRUNCH~

"Jesus Christ! One of them is grabbing me!" Akvo shouts in the ball, "Don't panic, don't panic…."

He breathes slowly and focuses.

"Why didn't the spikes do anything? This guy must be strong… I'll teach him to grab me…. He won't be so touchy feely when I slice through his hands." he muses sounding more sure of himself aloud than inside.

Vermillion, SD
Around the Park
3:46 of the PM

Cold blue eyes travel from one side of the park to another. ”Nothing, nothing…” she murmurs in annoyance.

Mara considers how she would use that power anyway, rational thought seeming to flood into her conscious now. ”I’d have to make eye contact with them, and if I did that, they might send someone after me…” Last time, the old man had no proof of her doings. “It’ll be suspicious if I do it again.” was her conclusion.

While it sounds like fun, Mara decides that using the ability is not worth risking her current residence at the college. Her hatred for the small town still flickers though, and she shuffles forward, going nowhere in particular. ”Daytime sucks.” reflects the girl, unable to escape the feeling of imprisonment, even outside. She shakes her arms slightly, as if trying to shrug of the shackles of boredom, but it is of little effect.

Halfway down the block, her attention turns to a small house that sits close to the sidewalk across the street. A large window lets sunlight filter in, which falls upon a woman lying on a brown sofa. The young brunette is curled up in a red knit blanket and her long straight hair makes it hard for Mara to tell whether or not the stranger’s eyes are open. Taking a few steps closer, she notes the woman’s mouth slightly agape; a smirk pulls at the corner of her lips. The figure inside is very asleep.

With newly found vigor, Mara stalks across the street towards a large oak tree in front of the house. Her heart beats fast in anticipation, a rush of adrenaline pumping through her at the promise of getting her fix. ”God, it’s been to long.” She grasps the oak and swinging herself onto the lower branches, falling into a conveniently placed nook against the trunk. Breathing in the crisp fall air, she sets her focus on the resting figure not but 10 feet away only to find her dreaming of normal everyday life.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:45:45pm

As spikes erupt from the surface of the frozen orb and puncture Changelings hand he screams out in agony "AAAAAGGHHH!! YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!!!" he counters back as blood begins to run down the side of the orb.

Changeling's grip falters as he slides off the orb smearing blood along the way. The water embraces his body as he floats in stasis awhile thinking silently... "Nothing ever works... who the fuck is this guy..."

Changeling glances at his hand, which was bleeding heavily and turning the lake a shade of crimson. This inspired another fit of rage, changeling forms his hands into a ball and burst forth from the water smashing into the orb with all his might.

Though his first barrage of blows were ineffective Changeling's rage isn't subsiding in the least. He balls his fists and roars a deep bellow bashing his hands into the orb all the while.

Lawton, Oklahoma
606 SW Lee Blvd
3:42pm

The group of people outside Fleming Tv & Vcr Service has grown into the dozens. They are rapt with the small TV broadcasting a local station.

"Thats right, KSWO is feeding now from two helicopters approaching the scene where rumor has it a battle is taking place. We send you to their feed now." says the anchor

"Thanks Elizabeth," says the somewhat younger anchor in the chopper.

"It's Lindsay…" replied the local anchor.

"You're breaking up," said the chopper newswoman angrily "We're coming to you live just outside of Elmer.. thom…pson park where eye witnesses have reported strange phenomena. The local body of water is seeing some action and I think they might be ice fishing" She flashes a brilliant smile and the camera cuts to the ground where the action is.

"A man in an electric blue suit stand at the shore of Lake Hil..ton and there appears to be a very large man, bigger than a body builder, wading toward what looks like a giant crystal ball. He grabs the crystal ball with an angry shout." the anchor narrates shaky on names but bubbly in every other department.

Two large ice shards break off from the ball and slice the hands of the behemoth.

"Oh my lord, the large man," she pauses as she's handed a piece of paper which she looks down at "Captain Visage, appears to be bleeding profusely as the crystal ball has cut him. How every unfortunate. He is roaring in fury now!" She practically squeals as the second helicopter, nearly clipping the NSS Chopper, veers to get a good shot of all the blood.

"Simply amazing. While," she is handed another piece of paper "Colonel Hourglass stands on the shore, his comrade begins pounding away at the spiked ball. Blood is flying everywhere ladies and gentlemen the water of hilton runs red tonight." she flashes another brilliant smile.

"Wait! it appears he has cracked the crystal ball! His palm reading might have ended poorly but his luck just might be turning around!" she says enthusiastically.

The choppers continue circling the area to get footage, paying no mind to the NSS Helicopter.

Meanwhile…
Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Ice Ball
3:45:45pm

Akvo lights a cigarette and after a couple drags on the cigarette Akvo hears roaring. He smiles grimly. "Maybe he'll leave now"

He feels the ball drop and sink in the water slightly. The ball rocks gently before he takes another drag on the cigarette.

Suddenly the ball sinks far under water and then begins rocking hard as more hits assault it.

He takes a long drag on the cigarette to keep calm and gathers his icicles together and closes his eyes.

~POUND~
~POUND~
~POUNDCRACK~

The crack would have been deafening if it didn't seem like a whisper compared to the pounding the ball was suffering.

"His hands are still strong enough to attack me then we'll aim for his chest." he says after a final drag on the cigarette before closing his eyes

Dr. Weirds jet
Time: 3:55PM

There was a ding as the door to the cockpit slid open, a slender women in her early 30's walked through the door, "Dr. Weird.. sir, we will be arriving at Lawton, Oklahoma in about 20 minutes, is there anything I can do for you before we arrive," the women questioned in a docile tone.

Takeshi craned his neck until the attended was in sight, "I thought it was just you and I on board Hiram," Takeshi inquired, a demented grin widening across his face..

“TWENTY MINUTES, FUCK THIS SHIT, THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG,” Shouted an aggravated Dr. Weird, ignoring Takeshi. After flipping a few switches the plane shuttered and started to make a different sound. “TIME TO TRY OUT MY LATEST INVENTION, THE MAX DRIVE ENGINE” hitting one button the engine roars sending them into a speed never thought possible, “OH THE COLORS, WHAT PRETTY COLORS..... WE’VE GONE PLAID, I AM ONE TACO SHORT OF A COMBO PLATTER MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

Takeshi surveyed the attendant as she left the cockpit, "Hiram, I will return momentarily, I must...use the restroom." Takeshi rose from his seat, and shifted through the sliding cockpit door. Takeshi slowly stalked behind the unsuspecting attendant thinking to himself," Yes, she will be a fine subject of practice.." At the moment Takeshi came within arms length of the attendant, he outstretched his arm, grabbing her left shoulder, jerking her around to the point of eye to eye contact. Takeshi glared intently into the attendants pine green eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:46:20pm

Now standing, Epoch watches as Changeling goes into a fit of rage on the ball. The iceman inside fights daringly, but Epoch knows that Changeling can take quite the beating. Reaching for his waist, Epoch reaches into a small, air tight, pocket and pulls out an earpiece, flips a switch on it, and puts it over his right ear.

"Tom, come in Tom," Epoch says over a fuzzy white noise.

"This is Tom," returns the helicopter pilot over the receiver.

"This is Epoch. I'd say it's time to start coming in, it looks like we might have this situation under control."

The white noise fuzzes again momentarily, "All right, I'll begin circling the part, let me know when the subject is thoroughly neutralized."

Epoch agrees and returns to watching his partner attack the ball of ice with great power and upset.

"How the fuck can this thing be so resilient!?" Changeling looks on confused as he raises his arms for another mighty strike. The surface of the globe flashes a bright blue and icicles erupt outward toward his chest; cold ice piercing his flesh with a sickening thud.

Changeling is thrown back by the impact of the shards sending waves of water backward. He remains motionless as the water accepts his presence once more. Blood begins flowing through his clothes into the water turning it even more crimson.

Nearing the bottom of the lake Changeling can't help but fall into himself once again.. "I thought I had what it takes..." feeling his feet hit the bottom finally. "...Maybe I'm not meant to be a hero... maybe I'm just not prepared..."

He glances down at his chest, a large icicle protruding out... he offers himself a pathetic laugh...

He smiles.
Epoch watches on as another barrage hit Changeling hard. As Changeling begins to sink, Epoch's mind races. "Hold off on that, Tom, I gotta take care of something." He says throwing the earpiece back into his pocket and closes his eyes.

Epoch just can't seem to concentrate, and couldn't manage to teleport. "Damn it!" He screams to himself as he runs into the water as fast as he can and dives under, in search of Changeling.

Lawton, Oklahoma
606 SW Lee Blvd
3:46:50pm

Nearly one hundred people make up the group outside Fleming Tv & Vcr Service. Police Officers are attempting to keep people from blocking traffic. The owner of the store has plugged in his largest model and has joined the crowd.

The image shows a young lady standing in a helicopter, being handed a piece of paper.
"Ladies and gentlemen the military helicopter has begun circling the perimeter of Lake Hilton. It appears as though Captain Visage is about to pound through the cracked ball and extract," she looks down at the paper, "the Frost Raptor."

The camera cuts to the feed of Changeling laying waste to Akvos ball.

"Oh my… Oh my god… the ball has launched more shards of ice… and straight into Captain Visage's chest. They have forced him down and he appears to be drowning ladies and gentlemen. He is not showing a sign of trying to swim. The wounds don't appear very deep folks. Is it possible our giant savior is playing possum to lull the Frost Raptor into a false sense of security?"

She smiles, obviously not filled with any concern for Changeling.

"The people of Logtown lie in wait as Colonel Hourglass swims swiftly towards our only hope."

Meanwhile…
Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Ice Ball
3:48:00pm

The silence is deafening Akvo thinks to himself. He knows he hit the juggernaut but he can't believe it would have killed them.

"I don't want to kill them… I don't want to kill anyone." he mumbles. "They'll just keep sending more after me. I have to keep preparing."
Changeling figured it was over... he tried and he failed.

"That was it, wasn't it? He gave it all he had and nothing worked, is that not trying your best?" He thought to himself. And then, suddenly something shook something deep within his soul, something kicked his body back into rhythm.

Something with long blond hair, and the most perfect face you had ever seen.

Glowing in the sunlight, like an angel stood Jennifer. He ran to her and picked her up, she looked disappointed but she understood, she held Changeling close and whispered a solitary sentence. A sentence that Changeling will never forget.

"I forgive you."

With that Changeling was thrust back into a tornado of swirling red water. He gasped, he longed for air.

With one great heave of his powerful legs he launched out of the water and took in the longest breath of his life.

Changeling heard the repetitious slapping of someone swimming towards him. He took a moment and closed his eyes quickly, laid back in the water feeling like a burden had been removed from his back. He murmured Thank you.

He opened his eyes to see Epoch's hand waiting.

He smirked and clasped hands.

"You'll never believe what I've seen the past minute."

He kicked his feet and headed towards shore along side his team member, his friend.

Epoch felt much better, pulling Changeling out of the water, "Thank God, thought I lost you back there," he says as Changeling seemed to smile oddly, "Let's just keep this platonic, man. We've still got that Freezer guy to deal with," Epoch joked, "or should I call Tom and have him get you some medical attention?"

Lawton, Oklahoma
606 SW Lee Blvd
3:48:40pm

The incredibly large crowd, officers now included, gave a collective sigh as the footage showed Epoch pulling Changeling out of the water.

The camera switches to the helicopter reporter, "That's right folks, maybe today still has a happy ending. Colonel Hourglass appears to have saved his partner from the crimson depths of Lake Hilton."

"What do they plan on doing now? Only time will tell.

Meanwhile…
Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Ice Ball
3:50:00pm

"Still nothing" Akvo thought, "they must be getting ready still, well so will I."

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen Shore
3:50:47pm

"Believe me, I feel better to. Well besides this..." as he stares down at the icicle still in his chest. He grips the end with both hands and slowly slides it out gritting his teeth all the while. It smashes on the ground sending shards of bloody ice in a circle.

"Ok now... for commander blue balls... I have something in mind." he nods his head at a monument 150 yards away. ...A monument of a tank... a military... tank.

He looks back to Epoch with a grin, full of energy. He runs off to the tank, his steps leaving imprints in the ground.
Epoch's jaw dropped as Changeling hurried off with the hole in his chest, "Huh, a tank, who knew?" The thought was funny, but who's to say a monument tank would even work, "Guess it's worth a shot." He thought as he tried to teleport to the monument.
"It's been almost ten minutes… Why hasn't anything happened? Gotta keep getting ready I guess…" Akvo speaks aloud continuing to fashion his offenses.

Epoch made it to the Tank, just moments before Changeling arrived. Seated atop the tank, Epoch starts as Changeling arrives, "So what's the plan with this thing?"

"Well, I'm looking to take this tank apart and throw everything I can at freeze-fag over there."

Changeling kneels down and wraps his hands around one of the wheels within the track. The high squeal of bending metal fills the air.

Changeling stacks the first two wheels and hops up onto the tank walking over to the barrel.

He looks to Epoch and says "Might wanna mind your surroundings for this one..."

He grits his teeth and wraps his arms around the barrel.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Ice Ball
3:55:20pm

"It's been too long. They've gone to get reinforcements I have to go now or I'm screwed. I need a shield before I can make my getaway." he says extending his hand and fashioning one out of ice

Akvo gathers up the eleven Sharp Icicles and points his hand towards the bottom of the sphere.

The bottom of the ice opens up and curls upwards, leaving the ball afloat and allowing Akvo to make his way out of the sphere and into the waters of Lake Helen.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen Shore
3:56pm

Changeling hears the satisfying snap as the barrel breaks free. He lugs it onto his shoulder like a massive baseball bat.

Turning his attention towards the ice ball on the lake.

"See how he handles this..." laying down the barrel and reaching for the wheels.

He lets out a roar as he begins to spin with the wheels in hand he lets go and whirls them towards the ball.
Akvo had made it half way across Lake Helen before the wheel hits the ice sphere. It makes an incredible noise as it shatters and crushes, the shards sinking into the water. A large wave comes towards Akvo. He continues swimming for shore.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit." He thinks as he's swimming for all he's worth.

"Woah, ho!" Epoch exclaimed outloud, "I didn't know you had all that in you, Changeling."

Changeling watches as the wheel sinks, and does not respond. Gathering his thoughts for a moment, Epoch begins again, "On the other hand, you probably just turned that Freezer Burn guy into a snow cone, sinking to the bottom of the lake. I'll go check it out."

After a few attempts Epoch, once again, successfully teleports over the water. Opening his eye's Epoch turns downward into a dive. Rapidly, he swims to the bottom of the lake, eyes wide open, searching in the murk with, prodding the muddy bottom with his fingers. He knew he could hold his breath for almost three minutes, however the teleport didn't allow him enough time to draw his breath.

Epoch continued to search frantically for something resembling a body, or bits and pieces of one. Nothing! Either this guy was completely obliterated into pudding chucks, or ice shavings; or he somehow got away! Losing his air, Epoch propels himself to the surface again and takes a deep breath then shouts, "Nothing! I don't think he's here!

Akvo heard a splash as he made it to shore. He ran towards highway 281 39b.

He stops an oncoming car.

"Get out of the fucking car or I'll kill you." Akvo says to the frightened man.
3:50 of the PM

Mara’s consciousness drifts into the dream world as she leans back into the crevice of the tree.

Her eyelids flutter half-way closed, the images of reality blurring as she turns her attention to the hopefully more interesting theatre of the victim’s mind. Darkness engulfs her senses for a moment before the setting swirls into focus. The dream is in first person, and Mara experiences everything in the shoes of the woman; the cool tile flooring beneath her ‘new’ feet as well as the warm bedding she is pulling out of the dryer.

Back in the real world, the girl lets out an agitated groan. ”Laundry dreams….” she mumbles to herself, shifting around in her nook and returning her attention towards the dream again. ”Hopefully it gets better than this.” Mara sighs mentally as she goes through the notions of carrying the sheets to towards the bedroom of what appears to be the house she was sitting outside of. She decides to go back to campus, leaving the girl behind.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen Shore
3:58:45pm

His eyes shoot open and he quickly stands up to run towards the lake, "What do you mean he's not here?! I blew that fucking ball to pieces!"

The man gets out of the car and Akvo gets in.

Akvo turns on the radio and flips it to a news channel as he makes his way down the Pioneer Expressway doing his best to not draw attention to himself.

"The heroes searched the water and have turned up nothing. Where did the mysterious ice fellow go?" He heard a reporter say.

"So far so good…" he said aloud as he drove past a few motorists.

"He can't get far, if the city's still on police lock-down," Epoch starts loudly, They'll have every entrance and exit blocked up for sure." He takes a few breathes, "Get on the horn with Tom, maybe he can keep an eye on activity and police scanners, maybe get one of these police helicopters to give us a lift if they find Mr. Chill!"

Epoch then takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, trying to return to Changeling. He successfully teleports to Changelings location.

Changeling nodded and put his hand to his ear, "Tom, come in. Tom, do you copy?"

The channel crackled, "I copy Changeling. What do you need?"

Looking up in the sky at the NSS chopper, "The target has fled the premises, can you hop on the police line and key an eye out for anything suspicious. Epoch and I are going to continue looking, if you pick up on anything give a shout."

"Will do Changeling." tom signed off.

"Well, where do we wanna start looking Epoch?"

Epoch thinks a while, knowing that if anything were to happen, Tom would most likely find the Ice Vigilante before he or changeling ever could.

"I have an idea," Epoch starts, "Maybe you should get up with one of those television 'copters and do an aerial look around, I am sure he headed to one of the roads to make a quick get away. I, on the other hand, noticed a National Guard office as we came down from Tom, and I think I'll pop on over there, see if we can't tighten up the lock-down. Perhaps then, you can send for me to meet you if you locate him."

Akvo finds himself at the intersection of NW 2nd St and NW Ferris Ave; he decides to head west.

Changeling looks up to the helicopters still circling the area. "How in the hell am I supposed to get their attention..."

Changeling waits as one of choppers gets close.

Aahh... fuck it, "Tom, come in Tom."

"I read ya Changeling."

"I need you to come down here and pick me up, going to need an aerial view to find this guy. Have you heard anything on the radio waves?"

"A report just went out, seems a man fitting the profile stole an elderly gentelmen’s car and headed off towards the highway. Good place to look I reckon."

The chopper roared as it neared the ground, blowing branches and grass around.

Changeling ran over and hopped in the passenger side after quickly taking his mask off.

He nodded at tom as tom eased the stick back and the chopper took off slicing through the air in the direction of highway.

Epoch watches as Changeling decides to call to Tom. I guess it's time to teleport, he thinks to himself. "I bet I could make it as far as the northern end of the lake, and then in one more teleport I could get to the Guard Office."

Akvo heads West. He stops at the intersection of NW 10th Street and NW Ferris Avenue.

Akvo heads south. He stops at the intersection of NW 10th Street and NW Arlington Avenue when a police officer turns his lights on.

The officer thinks he recognizes Akvo but Akvo tries to talk his way out of it. The cop decides to let Akvo go.

Unbeknownst to Akvo the officer is just putting some distance between the two of them because he knows Akvo is dangerous. The officer decides to tail Akvo.

Akvo heads east. He stops at the intersection of NW 4th Street and NW Arlington Avenue.

"Where the hell am I going? I can't leave town. They've got it on lockdown…" Akvo mutters stopping at the intersection to yield for oncoming traffic, "Really wish I had a cigarette… this situation is stressful enough without having been pulled over by some hick cop."
4:02:30

"Nice, I'm getting good at this," Epoch says as he arrives to the Northwestern region of the lake, "Ah there it is, the National Guard office," he mutters to himself as he closes his eyes and thinks about the doorstep of the building in sight.
4:03:20pm

The cop decides to call for backup. He stays pretty far behind Akvo because he knows that Akvo is about one block away from the two different police stations.

A unit pulls out of the Other Calls Station and in front of Akvo.

"Shit, they're everywhere." Swears Akvo.

Akvo doesn't see that three more units join behind him after he drives by the Lawton Police Department. He doesn't even realize he's driven by the Police Department because he's so focused on not drawing suspicion to himself.

Akvo keeps pace going south with the unit in front of him until they hit a stoplight at SW 4th St and SW C Ave. He looks west and sees a Subway.

"I haven't eaten in all day." He realizes aloud. He notices that his stomach is hurting pretty badly. When he looks back up and sees a unit to the West in front of the Subway. He looks to the East only to find another unit. He checks his rearview mirror and sees two units behind him.

"What the fuck! What the fuck! How did this happen?" He nearly shouts.

As soon as the light turns green and the units have him boxed in. They force him to turn east. Driving at about 15 miles an hour with their lights off.

"This is so fucked! I didn't mean for any of this to happen!" He shouts keeping pace, "I'm just a fucking purse snatcher!"
4:04pm

Changeling looks out of the cockpit in the NSS chopper, looking for anything suspicious. they are almost to the highway in search of the target when the the police scanner picks something up.

"Station come in, this is Officer Johnson. I am currently tailing the ice fellow, requesting back up. Vehicle is currently heading eastbound off NW 4th Street."

"I'm on it." as tom moves the stick and the NSS chopper heads off towards NW 4th Street.

Lawton, Oklahoma
SW C Avenue
4:04:30pm

"This is fucked!" Akvo shouts and points his hand out the window towards the nearest units tires. "Sorry fucker, say good bye to your tires."

He shoots a large beam of ice at the units passenger side front tire. The front end of the car becomes frozen. The momentum of the car causes it to flip end over end, landing upside down.

Akvo's jaw drops and he says in surprise, looking at his hand, "I didn't know I could do that."

He picks up five of his eleven icicles and throws them out his passenger side window at the unit to his right. One of the icicles hits the driver side door of the unit while another lodges into the officers shoulder. Two find their way into the officer's throat while one of the icicles lodges itself into the officers head.

He launches the other six at the unit in front of him. He takes out the driver's side front and rear tires. The car flips around Akvo's vehicle and hits one of the two rear units chasing him leaving only one of the five units able to pursue him as he speeds North on 281.

He throws his hand outside the drivers side window attempting to freeze beam more vehicles to get in the way of the other unit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
National Guard Office
4:04:30pm

"Well, I was interested on whether or not you could prepare something because of this ice guy," Epoch says wiping his head with a towel that was recently handed to him. It was nice to get that water off of his face, and off his suit.

"The individual has been located, all units still within the city are in pursuit. Where is the NSS? Over," A voice over a police scanner says before the Captain of the National Guard could respond.

"I think we could definitely support you with a helicopter to take to to the location, besides, it's the NSS that's supposed to babysit all of the super villains." The Captain replies sternly.

"I'm sorry, sir," Epoch begins, "but my partner, Changeling, and I are actually new to "babysitting" super villains, but I will take you up on the offer."

The Captain grits his teeth, "Goddamn novices," he mumbles between his teeth as he begins to talk into a two-way radio, "Get me a chopper ready, immediately."

"My God! It seems the man can actually shoot what appears to be frozen beams of energy-" The voice on the scanner shouts.

"And send out a few ground patrols to back up the local police." The Captain finishes, looking back at Epoch who now has a shocked look on his face.

How the hell are we supposed to defeat this guy?

Lawton, Oklahoma
Over Lawton
4:05pm

"Officer down! OFFICER DOWN! WE ARE UNDER FIRE FROM THE ICE MAN! HE TOOK OUT THREE SQUAD CARS AT SW C AVENUE. I AM IN PURSUIT ON NORTH 281. REQUESTING BACKUP."

"Sounds like someone needs you." Tom says directing his attention to Changeling.

"No more messing around, hit it tom."

The chopper roared through the air, passing SW C Avenue. One police car flipped over, one impaled with ice spikes. Another with tires shot out.

This bastards going to pay.

Changeling spots a police car traveling at high speed along 281 in pursuit of the target.

"Tom, get lower and to the left of the vehicle. I'm going to try and shoot out his tires."

Changeling places the cool metal mask over his face sliding open the side door and leaning out the door with his hand raised.

“C'mon... cmon. Work damn you.” Changeling says before shooting a psionic spike towards Akvo’s tires.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Hiway 281
4:05:30pm

Akvo is holding approximately 98 miles an hour in the little blue BMW speeding north on Interstate 44.

"Thank god for cruise control." He says as he holds his arm out the window trying to freeze more cars.

Akvo freezes two cars and makes a couple of ice shields before jumping out of the moving vehicle. The two cars fly behind him as he rolls out onto the road. The police unit hits one of the frozen cars head on.

Akvo throws what's left of the shields to the ground and prepares to fashion another knowing reinforcements are coming.

"Come and get me cocksuckers. I told you I didn't want any of this bullshit and you still decided to fuck with me." He says. As a few oncoming civilian vehicles approach he freezes them.

Time: 4:05 P.M.

Dr. Weird finds a way to pass the remainder of the flight time with a song.

“78 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall 78 vials of genetically altered DNA take one down put it in a syringe stab it into test subject #36, 77 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall, 77 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall 77 vials of genetically altered DNA take one down put it in a syringe stab it into test subject #40, 76 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall, 76 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall 76 vials of genetically altered DNA take one down put it in a syringe stab it into test subject #18, 75 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall, BARRAL ROOOOOLLLLLL…………”

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:05:40pm

Changeling watches as the spike flies towards the targets vehicle and catches the front driver side tire, however the ice man jumps out wielding two ice shields for protection. He slides along the highway leaving a trail of shredded ice.

"Tom, get me down there, NOW!"

"Roger Changeling." Tom drives the stick forward and the helicopter swoops downward.

Changeling uses one of his masks to enhance his own physical traits.

"Alright Changeling, good luck. Radio me if you need me."

Changeling jumped out of the helicopter and rolled. He stood up and turned to the ice man.

"Remember me?" changeling thrust his hands out and attempted to use Psionic Spikes.

The behemoth launches himself from the helicopter and lands hard on the ground.

He launches a barely visible energy at Akvo and it hits him in the chest.

"I suppose that's payback, for what what I did to you, huh?" Akvo wheezes, "You better hope your blue suited friend isn't in there."

He points his hand at the NSS chopper and shoots a freeze beam at it. The ice covers the opening and blocks the blades from spinning. The helicopter rapidly approaches the ground.

"I just wanted to be alone. His blood is on your hands." He wheezes again.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Over Lawton
4:05:51pm

Epoch rode in a Nation Guard helicopter to the scene of the fight. The chopper came over the area and Epoch took a big breath, After watching Changeling launch his psychic attack again.

4:06 PM

Takeshi sat in the passenger seat eyes closed, trying to tune out his insane compatriots absurd... yet relatable, sing song, he pondered to himself,"It has finally come, time to find more individuals like myself, more people to become my prey, a much better game..." Takeshi opened his eyes looking over at Dr.Weird... then abruptly closing his eyes again," This one though, he seems as though he will be a valuable ally."

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:06:32pm

The ice beams flies through the sky, splashing upon the helicopter. Changeling looked on in horror as the chopper began falling.

"I'M HIT! I'M HIT! Chang-." The radio went silent as the helicopter hit the ground the blades splintering and causing the helicopter to roll.

"NOOO!!" Changeling began to run towards the chopper as a massive explosion shreds the metal carcass sending shrapnel outward.

Changeling fell to his knees, pounding his fists on the ground. BAM... BAM...BAM!!

With the final impact the ground split and asphalt crumbled creating a crater.

Changeling stood up rage burning through his veins.

"YOU!" pointing at the Ice man.

Changeling leaped from the crater and burst into a sprint towards the ice man. Pulling back his right hand and forming it into a fist.

"AAAHHHHH!!!!!"

Changeling launches himself at Akvo. Akvo wheezes and rolls out of the way. A large crater is made where his crumpled body was seconds before.

"It's your own fault." Akvo says gasping for breath, "I told you I didn't want any of this."

Changeling turns to the ice man and slowly walks toward him.

"You think I give a shit about what you wanted anymore? You've killed cops... innocent people... why should I give you a chance that you didn't give them?"

"Why should I show you mercy, when you have clearly given none?", clenching his fists.

Changeling looks over to the smoldering wreck of Tom's chopper.

Changeling runs over to the to ice man and grabs him by the collar, "Tell me! WHY!!?!?"

He pumps back his right arm and begins beating Akvo.

WHAM
Blood flies from Akvo's mouth as Changeling punches him in the stomach. He couldn't breathe.

Changeling knocked the wind out of him. Not that it mattered, Akvo knew the blood he was spitting up was from a punctured lung.

He gasped hard. He couldn't breathe. What was he going to do?

WHAM

His jaw was dislocated now. He winced as air came back to him, his brain forcing himself to breathe. He breathed again, it didn't sting, it cut. He choked on his own blood.

Changeling reared his hand back again. Akvo put his hands up in defense but something took control in the back of his head. Fight or flight perhaps? He couldn't flee so maybe his powers were causing him to fight.
4:07:48pm

"Thanks!" Epoch shouts back to the National Guard pilot as he runs from the helicopter a dozen yards or so from the fight. Running as fast as he can, Epoch notices an icicle go sailing toward Changeling.

Shit! Epoch thinks as he blinks his eyes in an attempt to stop the frosty fiend. Unfortunately his powers fail.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:08:17pm

The icicle hits changeling in the face with a snap, his head jerks back and he falls to the ground.
Clutching his face Changeling yells, "ARRGGHHHH!!!"

Changeling continues to roll around in pain on the ground.

Akvo wheezes again taking in air. It's warm and wet, soaked in blood.

"Why am I fighting?" Akvo ponders as pain sweeps over his body, "I should just let them kill me. I shouldn't fight. What do I have to gain from killing them as they kill me?"

Something inside him brought his arms up again, against his better judgement.
No, this can't happen, Epoch's mind races. An icicle rushes toward Changeling, and two more started heading for Epoch, Only a seconds time I have to be fast!

Epoch teleports away from the icicle.

"Thank God!" Epoch exclaims under his breath, "My turn," He turns his heels with vigor and rushes toward the Icy Marauder, "This one's for Changeling!" Epoch shouts throwing a sharp left hook at Akvo's face.

A rush of adrenaline takes over Akvo's body and he rises, blocking Epochs attack.

This one isn't as strong as the other one…
It's just not my day today, Epoch thinks to himself, jumping back after Akvo blocked the punch. This ice guy just isn't giving up, those icicles look like they do some real damage! Epoch catches his breath while Akvo struggles to do something.

Changeling! Epoch spins around and sprints to his ally, now laying painfully on the ground.

"Changeling, are you all right?"
The first icicle hurt enough to begin with, but the pain dulled before long. The second icicle renewed the pain, but Changeling expected it this time. It hit his face with a thud and shattered like the first. He turned over and looked to Epoch, who had just called his name.

Epoch needs me, no time for pain.

Changeling struggled a bit to stand but felt his strength returning after a brief moment.

"Care to try and hit me again? Or can you only hit someone if its a cheap shot?"

He burst towards Akvo holding out his palms and launches another psionic spike at Akvo.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:10:05pm

Approaching their destination Dr. Weird disengages the warp drive as he finishes the last verse of the song he started. “WE’RE HERE!” shouted Dr. Weird, “WAIT, it just occurred to me, my Asian friend, THAT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO LAND THIS PLAN.”

The instrument panel began to light up; Dr. Weird looked just in time to see a helicopter in their flight path. The plane clips a National Guard Cpter

The plane missing one wing now flies to the Earth kicking up a curtain of dirt as it crashes. When it comes to a stop Dr. Weird rises out of the cockpit like a majestic phoenix rising from its ashes, surveying and seeing the man in blue jump suit, two bleeding individuals Dr. Weird looks back to him companion “HEY BRUCE LEE I THINK WE ARE HERE,” turning back to the crowd now looking in their direction. “I HOPE ITS OK IF I PARK HERE, FINDING A PLACE AT THIS TIME OF DAY WAS A BITCH.”

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44

Holy cow, Epoch thinks, that guy sure has it in him. While Epoch looks on at Changeling who has gotten up and rushed Akvo, A thunderous sound pervades his ear canal. It was like the an inhuman howl and incredible BANG followed by the searing noise of SCREAMING flames and BOOMS. A large jet plane had just collided with one of the news helicopters.

It was intense, it really felt like it was in him. Burning... At that moment, Epoch looked down to his side, and noticed his suit was torn and seething with a crimson color. Within the last few seconds, he had been hit. An icicle was embedded shallowly in his side.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
Time: 4:11:50 PM

Takeshi rose from his seat, trying to regain his composure. Glaring at Dr. Weird, Takeshi angrily shouted, shaking his fist with great expression," Your mad!! Completely fucking mad!!!.... but, nice job landing us... er....safely, if thats what you want to describe as safe.." Takeshi hopped from the plane onto the ground, brushing of his long trenchcoat," I think you even killed a few people on the way down, fantastic."

Takeshi glanced at Dr. Weird once again," Lets make some enemies...shall we?"

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44

Just as Changeling's spike forms and launches at Akvo an enormous sound erupted into existence. What he assumed was a jet flew into sight and clipped one of the choppers blasting pieces off of either craft. It crashed down sending dirt flying all about and coming to a halt.

4:11:00

Distracted briefly by the plane, changeling turns back to the task at hand.

"Those your friends huh? I'll make sure there's nothing left for them to save!"

He ran and jumped into the air leading with his foot directly into Akvo's chest, feeling a satisfying squish followed by an audible snap.

CRUNCH

Akvo coughed. Blood spilled from his mouth and onto Changelings boot as it cracked at least four ribs.

His arms flew up. He had nothing to do with it. He was dead to the world. Frozen energy unleashed from his pale hands and reaching a target: Changelings face. The ice encompassed his whole head. Akvo would have been satisfied to know Changeling couldn't breathe anymore, if Akvo were breathing anymore.

His hands fell and he crumpled as the behemoth toppled away from his shattered body.

Watching the ice man finally fall, defeated brought a feeling of elation to Changeling, or so he thought.

As the criminal fell to the ground in a pile his hand shot up, as if possessed to do so and released a beam of frozen energy aimed directly at changelings head. The energy formed around his head into a massive chunk of ice.

What the fuck do I do!?! I was never trained for this! Oh what the hell!

Changeling began pounding the block of ice, slowly creating a crack.

BAM! Changeling's world had completely flipped over.
BAM! Changeling couldn't stand anymore, he was too disoriented and fell to his knees.
BAM! His vision shuttered and his head rattled from the blow.
BAM! He tried to gasp for air but was unable move his mouth at all.
BAM! CRRAAACCK!!!! The sound deafened him beyond anything before but he knew he was almost free.

THATS IT! ONE MORE HIT!

BAM! The ice split apart and fell to the ground, Changeling gasped for air as he collapsed to the ground coughing.

Why ice... why couldn't this guy have just had a gun...
Is the world ending? Epoch's mind was racing, the pain in his side was slicing through him, he had been too distracted to notice it earlier. What on earth is happening here?! His eyes were fuzzy, he just needed a breather, to catch his breath. It had been the longest day of his entire life. Had that ice man actually have been responsible for this? His eyes searched the area while the deafening noises evolved into a high pitched squealing sound. Changeling!

Changeling was batting his own head with a rage, trying to remove a block of ice from his shoulders. What the fuck!? As Changeling hit the ground he finally freed his skull from the tomb. I need to get to him, now, but walking is just too much.

Epoch teleports to Changeling's side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
Time: 4:12

Takeshi spotted the young blue haired man kneeling down by his compatriot, staring directly into his eyes," There's no room in this world for heroes, now.... its time to feel the pain.."

Dr. Weird slowly floats over to where the Blue Streak is kneeling over the body of the Masked Wonder, “AH, we finally get here and the fun seems to be all over,” looking up at the last news chopper that didn’t blow up, “NO CAMERA’S.” Taking out a device from in the pod he points it at the chopper and hits a button killing the signal, crippling the cameras and erasing the video they had collected.

Epoch feels a strange sensation burning through his frontal lobe. Was that man trying to read my mind? He looks on as the older man walks toward him. "Who are you?" He asks, kneeling over his incapacitated comrade, "I need help, call the NSS, or 911!"

Boo wooo wooo wooo wooo

Epoch's neck turns toward the air behind him, a large pod floated toward him. From below it looked like a tea cup from a theme park ride, gently bobbing through the air. "Who are you people?" Epoch shouts.

Takeshi, now standing over the young man, grinned, a menacing look across his face," You won't need help when I'm finished with you... heheheheheheh," Again staring directly into Epochs eyes... Takeshi hypnotizes him before performing a standing kick to Epochs head.

Epoch flew backward from the kick. He had no idea what was happening, it was as if his mind was suddenly empty before the kick, a blank slate. He came to in a throbbing daze on his back, flat against the pavement. That was NOT a good way to introduce yourself, Epoch thought, bringing himself to his feet, trying to stop the world from spinning.

"All right, old man, if you insist on hurting people, I guess, I'll gave to do this the hard way," Epoch straightens himself and wipes the blood from his bruising cranium.

Epoch teleports behind the old man throws a strong elbow into Takeshi's spine.

Takeshi felt a sudden jolt of pain rush throughout his entire body, falling to his knees. Takeshi hesitated for a moment, letting out more than a few painful coughs,"So...*cough**cough* you can jump though space and time.. how *cough* fascinating.... I may be old...but*cough* unfortunately for you...my obstinace outweighs your youth.." Suddenly and painfully craning his head and body around, Takeshi glared into the Blue Streaks eyes... He hypnotized him just long enough to punch him in the gut.

Changeling open his eyes to see what looked like an insane man in a strange floating tea cup and an older asian man being drilled in the back by Epoch's elbow.

Am I awake... or... what in the fuck is happening...

Still disoriented, he tried to stand but failed. He raised his palm to the floating tea cup.

I don't know who you are, and I don't care because I'm ending this now.

Dr. Weird grimaces as he views Jet Lee being stuck by the reject form the Blue Man Group, “I am going to let you two have it out for a while, have fun.” Dr. Weird then notices the National Guard helicopter over head, “I am going to going to get us a ride home.” Flying up to the chopper, meeting the pilot. “HELLO, right now it might be in your best interest to land this thing near the hooded gentleman bleeding out down there.” He says pointing the laser mounted guns at the pilot.

Takeshi rose to his feet, still staring intently into the Blue Streaks eyes," It looks as though you have lost this battle, now... your fate has been sealed!"

Takeshi uses Sensory Manipulation to give Epoch the feeling of being encased in solid ice.
It's cold, really cold, Epoch thought. No it's worse than that! It's freezing!

Suddenly his vision was filled with a foggy crystal-like sheen. I think I might be dying! Did that ice dude get up? Changeling, I'm sorry I failed, I wish I could fix this.

Now 10 feet from the ground Dr. Weird sets his pod to automatic and hops from his pod into the chopper throwing the pilots out. Landing on the ground next to Ice Cube, he jumps down and leans over him, “HELLO, I am here to help, I saw you on the news and I had to meet you. Miraculous, you have an amazing ability; here this will help the pain.” Dr. Weird pulls out a hypodermic needle out of his coat and stabs Ice Cube. “Now let’s get your frosted butt into this helicopter I happen to find.”

Takeshi, got a quick glance at the masked figure next to his unfortunate victim, still keeping a majority of his concentration on the Blue Streak," Ah, your friend a presume, well I hope you like this then," letting out a dreadful chuckle.

Takeshi’s attempts to hypnotize Epoch fail. This causes Epoch to rouse from the prior hypnosis.

The ice thawed in an instant and Epoch sucked the air for breath. It was a trick! A dirty trick! Epoch was enraged, though his whole body seemed to be throbbing, I have to have just one more in me before I fall

"Enough!" He shouted feeling the last few ounces of adrenaline force its way through his body, blood oozing from his wounds, One more, for Changeling and the NSS!

Epoch runs at Takeshi with another two punches.

Takeshi was taken by surprise at the Blue Streak suddenly throwing his fists at him," Dammit! How did he manage to snap out of my hold on you, his will must be stronger than the average person.." Takeshi thought to himself preparing to stop the incoming attacks...

One of the punches connects with Takeshi’s mouth.

Blood trickled down Takeshi's chin now as he tightly held onto the Blue Streaks arm from the block. With his other hand he wiped the dark crimson blood from his face," Nice try youngster, but this battle is over!"

Epoch had been tried before, yet nothing had prepared him for this, his right arm was ascended above his head, and the old man grinned at him, with blood on his lips, like a clown's makeup. The elderly Asian began to kick and Epoch is tossed aside.

The third kick landed in Epoch's already throbbing stomach, this one was monumental. Training all those days over the last two years never prepared him for this, for the reality. He was momentarily airborne before THUDDING violently against the ground. How could today have turned out like this?

Epoch's vision began to blacken around the edges, a dreadful vignette around his world. He turned his pounding, bleeding head toward the old man, "Wh-who are you?" He squeaked out in agony, "Wh-wh-why?"

"Who am I? You can call me Twisted Fate... consider yourself lucky, I only spare you because your abilities are fascinating....next time though, you won't have the benefit of luck on your side." Takeshi waved his trench coat around turning his back to the crippled youth, a visage of obvious pain. Takeshi focused his vision one Dr. Weird," Finish up whatever you need to do.... its time to leave...."

After Dr. Weird got the Snowman into the chopper, he took notice to the barely conscious Man Mountain. “I felt something fly by me earlier; I guess that must have been you huh.” Dr. Weird sees that Asian Man and the Gimp were still going at it. “I’ll give them a few more minutes,” pulling out a pocket watch to check the time. Walking over to Man Mountain and producing a rag form with in his coat he steps bends down dabs at the blood surrounding him. “Thank you for your contribute.” Stuffing the rag back into a pocket and pulling a Cuban Cigar from another. Sitting down on the edge of the chopper lighting it he shouts, “THE GOODS TIME ARE HERE AT LAST, MWAHAHAHAHA.”

The insane man approached changeling took out a small rag and dabbed at the blood around him.
Changeling lay there uncaring... beyond exhaustion, beyond moving. He watched as the old asian man lay waste to Epoch delivering a swift kick in the stomach which doubled Epoch over.

Adrenaline, ah, sweet adrenaline.

"Epoch! EPOCH! Arrgghh... YOU BASTARD!! TRYING BLOCKING THIS!!"

Changeling clenched his fists and then opened them revealing a pulsing energy.

Suddenly, Takeshi got sight of a strange spike flying through the air straight towards him, it looked as though it was violently tearing through the air itself. Takeshi quickly attempted to block but the spike crashes into Takeshi taking him right off of his feet and to the ground. Takeshi fell into a deep state of unconsciousness.

“DAMN IT, NOW MASTER ROSHI IS OUT COLD, THAT MAKES TWO I HAVE DRAG AROUND.” Dr. Weird shouted.
He walked over to the unconscious body of his comrade. “Well you did better than I thought you would, and you sir,” now approaching the pile that was Captain Hourglass “fought amazingly well, I look forward to meeting you again in the future.” Staring him strait in the face, turning back to Roshi and carrying him back to the helicopter and strapping him in next to Chilly Willy. “Everybody strapped in now, GOOD, AND AWAY WE GO!” Hopping in the pilot seat and taking off. “Oh one more thing,” after positioning the chopper in front of the last news chopper and launches two missiles, “CAN’T LEAVE WITHOUT BLOWING A GOOD BYE KISS!” blowing a cloud of smoke, KABOOM, “MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.” There helicopter flew off to the north leaving the two heroes lying in a pool of their own blood and the pieces of the news chopper rain down around them.

Epoch's body seemed to convulse as it started to grow cold. He looked into those gleaming goggles on Dr. Weird's face and listened intently to those words. That face, I think I know that face. It can't be, but I swear I've seen that face.

Dr. Weird walked off and Epoch heard the helicopter take off. Another booming sound took over and Epoch reached into his pocket for his ear piece. He fumbled it slightly, bringing it up to his throbbing temple. His head was still bleeding from that kick earlier. "N-N-NSS, come in... we're down, s-send... emergency help... im-im-immed... iately."

Back at the NSS…

Sitting in the lounge was Thomas Browning, kicking his feet back taking a large bite of a maple donut. He reached for his coffee and drained the remaining amount in one gulp.

"Ahh... nothing like this is there tom?"

Nose deep in the daily paper Thomas Goldstein said only one simple word, "Yep."

He didn't usually say much, but you can't blame him. Us Thomas' don't usually have the longest lives. Just then a voice played over the com system, "N-N-NSS, come in... we're down, s-send... emergency help... im-im-immed... iately."

Tom set down his mug, "Well, time to go to work." As he sprinted upstairs to the secondary helipad.
4:15:47 PM

Changeling watched as the insane man left with the old asian guy. He looked over to Epoch who writhed in pain on the ground.

"Come in Epoch, Changeling. Come in. This is Pilot Tom Browning."

Changeling slowly reached up to his ear and pressed the broadcast button.

"Tom, this is Changeling. We need evac immediately, we are on Interstate 44. Epoch is down, and im not doing much better. Hurry."

He let his arm fall to the ground, breathing heavily.

Over Oklahoma
4:32:23 PM

Flying to the North in the stolen National Guard helicopter the moans and groans from the fallen two strapped down in the back as many new thoughts raced through Dr. Weird’s mind. New genetic samples, new super beings, new experiments to run, and new adventures to have, he couldn’t wait for the next series of events to take place. To meet more gifted individuals, a huge grin came across his face he couldn’t help it, “MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA IT BEGINS!!!”
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum