Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begin the Begin: Departure

+2
Epoch
Noah the Arc Bearer
6 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Begin the Begin: Departure - Page 10 Empty Re: Begin the Begin: Departure

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:21 pm

The Abyss
Chrono Chamber
Date and Time Unknown

The blast like the last ones hit him front on. It sent him sliding back fifteen, twenty feet. His coat was now not only covered in his blood but was now tattered, smoking and singed. He looked up at Epoch and coughed smoke.
“I am starting to think that you don’t like me very much.”

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Cyber Steve – Passive
Digital Weird [Alpha] – 8/20
Mechanical Control [Alpha] – 3/20
Cybernetic Boby [Passive] (Level 1)
????? [--] --/--
????? [--] --/--
????? [--] --/--
Mechanical Propulsion [Novice] 06/10

Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:45 pm

The Abyss
Everywhere
Date and Time Unknown

"Enough!" Shouted The Voice in the abyss. It was the voice of the being that brought everyone to the world of darkness. He spoke to all the remaining contestants he had gathered. "I am He who is called 'The Nightmare', 'the reckoning', 'the end'. You are my petty play things." It boomed ferociously.

The voice echoed throughout the Chrono Chamber, stopping Doctor Weird and Epoch suddenly. Epoch looked around, as did Doctor Weird. The madman began to feel a twinge of familiarity, however.

It reverberated through the Twisted Chamber, leaving Ditto, Replicator, and Tang searching for the source.

"You," it continued to the five "will all be my play things, as I descend upon the wretched ball of dirt you call Earth. There is no backing out now. Your fates were sealed with every life you took here."

Suddenly, the chambers dissolved. Each of the five was suddenly rendered immobile, the ground-plane beneath them dropped out. The five floated suspended by invisible fists, lined up next to each other. A hideout pair of glaring red eyes floated before them. Backlit, the eyes were sunken into a hairy shadow with tentacles splayed out in all directions. The being was titanic.

This vision, combined with the powerful voice, pulled memories from Doctor Weird's cybernetic brain. Flashes of slaughter and mayhem appeared in his mind. Finally, the crystal skull blinked by his sensors and he began to remember even more. The madman started to chuckle.

"Do you have any final questions before I send you to your doom, you petty vermin?" Asked the monstrosity, condescendingly.
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:49 pm

The Abyss
Chrono Chamber
Date and Time Unknown

Dr Weirds chuckle evolved into maniacal laughter. “I know who you are, or at least I know what you represent. The destruction of Earth and an end to all life bla bla bla bla you’ll destroy us all.”

He looked around to see Epoch, Tang Le and two others he did not recognize, but their presence did not  mean  anything to him.

“So I can gather that you want us out of the way so that we can’t interfere with your armies as they kill everyone, starting in the larger cities then moving to the next largest populated area and so on till we are all gone. Complete with all merciless screaming and blood shed. I know how it all goes down, I’ve seen it, I even knew you were coming as well.”

All eyes were now on Dr Weird , even the eyes of the shadow were on him. He chuckled at the look on everyones face. Dr Weird knew something bad was coming and told no one, though he was preparing his own counter strike for their arrival, though it was just a small reception to keep his lab safe… and all those who were currently living there.

“I know all this because the crystal skull told me. I picked up a while back and while I was examining its eyes light up and it showed me all the lovely destruction you are bringing with you. A lesser man would have lost his mind to the power of the skull, and I am no mere man. I am Dr Weird leader of the new race a man who will conquer this planet and crush all those who oppose me and from where I am standing you are no different. While you have me temporarily restrained me and are threatening my demise, I see them as a minor setback. I cannot be killed by anyone so your plans here are meaningless. You asked if we had any questions for you well I have one. What’s the whole point of you coming here? Because the earth is mine and I will not hand it over to anyone.”

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Cyber Steve – Passive
Digital Weird [Alpha] – 8/20
Mechanical Control [Alpha] – 3/20
Cybernetic Boby [Passive] (Level 1)
????? [--] --/--
????? [--] --/--
????? [--] --/--
Mechanical Propulsion [Novice] 06/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:28 am

The Abyss
Date and Time Unknown

He intensified, "I am here to take what has been taken from me. You, little man, have no claim to what is not rightfully yours. My brothers' and sisters' children have plagued this planet for long enough. It is time the pebble you call home falls, like so many others."

The being tightened its grasp on Doctor Weird. "You know so little, and and can control much less."
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 am

The Abyss
Date and Time Unknown

Epoch wasn't ready to be scooped up yet again. Had he missed his chance to end the terror of Doctor Weird? The question faded to the back of his mind as he attempted to flee the grasp of a set of horrifying red eyes. Doctor Weird, his long haired assistant, and two others dangled before the beast that introduced itself as He.

"If we each get a question, then I want to know one thing. Who was Rebound? Why did I face him?"

Energy Blast [Master] - -/-
Energy Propulsion [Superior] - 1/30
Super Nova [Passive]
Chrono Condition [Passive]
Stop Target [Novice] - 3/10
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:44 am

The Abyss
Date and Time Unknown

"One question only!" roared the silhouetted creature. He tightened his grasp on the time traveler as well, "You are a pesky one, Epoch. So wrought with justice. So akin to those that would kill you. In the end, you will be nothing. Just as Rebound."

There was a momentary pause as the five hung in the abyss. "You each faced a foe. Each foe not unlike yourself. Rebound," He said, looking directly at Epoch, "like you, could manipulate energy and move through space.
"Bartek," He shifted his gaze to Doctor Weird, "was focused, in life, only on killing. Only on becoming stronger.
"Brutus," He now looked to Tang Le, "Was proud, and arrogant. Funded by strength, as you are by money.
"Shine," He stared at Ditto, "Was nearly immortal, much like you. But as we learned, nothing is forever.
"Shadow," He concluded with Replicator, "was fill of mystery and a scrambling of abilities, she could adapt. Much like you."

Again there was a pause. "My powers reached into this world. From a hospital bed, I felt the nightmares of a young girl, one with the power to manipulate dreams. She was dying. So were the five you faced. I needed to test your strength. Not just you Epoch, all of you. You are the vermin that threaten to stand in my way. The five that you faced were given an opportunity. Enter my dream space to kill you and be restored, or die. They never had a chance, and neither did the dream manipulator."
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 pm

The Abyss
Date and Time Unknown

It wasn't as painful as the electric paralysis that had plagued him earlier, but Tobias' body was completely unmovable. He felt like a bug pegged against the cork board, mysterious red eyes piercing into his very being. The voice threatened to shatter his existence, his world - but he had explored enough apocalyptic comics and studied enough fantasy films to face this situation like he had faced every other. Aloof in his suspended state, a quirky smile threatened to break his lips as he considered what question to ask. Toby figured that the monstrosity's answer was not gong to be '42'.

"You call us vermin... make us feel like scum; Yet you contradict yourself and say that your 'family' has been tje plague on this planet for quite some time. Furthermore, you call us your play things. Does that mean we're pets to you, or something more? I know I make a very dashing 'whatever you want me to be'. "

--------------------------------------
Skills:
Shapeshift – (Alpha Class – 2/20)
Symbiosis – (Novice Class – 3/10)
Durability – (Passive)
Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:16 pm

The Abyss
Twisted Chamber
Date and Time Unknown

Mention of the dream manipulator sparked a cascade of vivid memories into Keiran's mind.

A manila folder simply labeled Class S Confidential slid across the table towards Keiran. Coldly glaring towards Keiran, Andraes took a drag from his cigar.  

"Keiran, I think it is time for you to know of our most confidential operation..."

"In 1972, a team of Russian operatives headed by our agents, apprehended an individual of significant interest. The operation was a nearly a complete failure, all but two agents were slaughtered and the individual was killed. Upon autopsy of the subject, an alien life form was found lodged deep in his brain. At the time we worked in conjunction with a top security research facility in South Korea, to which we sent the life form for further research."

"In 1978 the life form escaped the facility, using one of the test subjects as it's new vessel. Since that day we have been tracking the creature from the shadows, keeping a close eye on it as it moves from host to host."

A collection of documents lay splayed out before Keiran, all case files on hosts of the alien being. Every file but one had been marred with a obnoxious red deceased stamp.

Name: Mara Lepit
Known Capacity: Dream Manipulation
Life Form Activity: Latent as of 2009

Keiran's mind snapped back to the situation at hand.

"If he knows of Mara, then perhaps he knows more about the life form; And I intend to find out what."

Power Replication [Alpha]-7/20
Maxed Available Replications-3/3
Earthquake [Novice]-0/10
Ball Lightening[Novice]-1/10
Power Identification(Passive)
Durability(Passive)
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:31 pm

The Abyss
Date and Time Unknown

He peered into Ditto's eyes. His unforgiving malice had become obvious in his tactless speech. He paid it never mind. "You should be nothing more than toys, but unfortunately you are not. Some of you are evil, some of you are just, but all of you a pawns in a war that predates what you know as humanity. I am the horror that threatens to devour your ideas of reality. And my immense power has shown me the faces of those who would stand in my way. I have never fallen, and never will, but playing with my prey - my food - is not below me. You may as well feel blessed. You are all descendants of my weak brothers and sisters that got to bathe in my glory before falling to my armies."
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:57 pm

The Abyss
Date and Time Unknown

Thoughts continued to drift through Keiran's mind, building upon the profound question he prepared to propose to the vast being.

"Surely even a being of your imposing stature must fear something; One does not speak of understanding the horror of others without knowing the experience yourself."

Keiran arched his neck upward, making direct eye contact with the great beast.

"You spoke of a dream manipulator, Mara Lepit, to which I surmise you know has a very powerful life form living within her. With all the boundless knowledge you seem to possess, you must know what the life form is... unless."

Keiran inhaled deeply, preparing to make a bold statement.

"The life form is beyond your comprehension... something that even you fear."

Power Replication [Alpha]-7/20
Maxed Available Replications-3/3
Earthquake [Novice]-0/10
Ball Lightening[Novice]-1/10
Power Identification(Passive)
Durability(Passive)
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:59 pm

The Abyss
Date and Time Unknown

He grew silent. Keiran's question was one only few had asked. The few who became his greatest assets. He concentrated his mind, and glanced at each of the puny beings in his grasp. "I will tell you the story of what is." The booming voice echoed through the abyss.

"Long ago, before time existed in this universe, there was the multiverse. Numerous universes bloomed, blossomed, and wilted, all far before this one was created. Some universes - like this one - were lucky enough to be blessed with life. In a burst of energy from the multiverse, I and my siblings were born into this universe. Elements swirled about us. Many of my siblings began creating the materials of the universe. Many others wanted to create life. I wanted to have.
"Soon, I began to take from my siblings. Dirt, dust, star-stuff, all felt good in my hands. When my siblings realized my habits, some retaliated. I began to fear their anger. But my lust could not be quelled. It wasn't long before I killed one of my brothers, devouring his essence. His energy, and the elements I had stolen gave me physical form.
"But it was not an original thought. My sibling began creating life. They played with the various combinations, all that grew to be delicious. My siblings became outraged, built themselves champions - monstrosities - to stop me. They fought well, and I feared their power, but eventually consumed them as well. My shape changed, my form grew. My siblings resented that I could exist, being born from the Twilight realm as they were.
"I was hardly the only evil one, however. Eventually my most ruthless brothers and sisters had taken the same path, and began devouring. Some fought alone, others made horrors to do their bidding. I feared their armies, but slowly swallowed them all. Their armies bowed to me and changed along with me.
"The last of our siblings fled with their elements to this rock. Dozens of them sacrificed their energy - their Twilight Essence - to forge a world with an abundance of life that was far from my reaches. The remaining brothers and sisters filled other worlds with wonders and nightmares to keep me at bay.
"There came a point when I encountered a parasite. It threatened my armies, by burrowing into their heads and controlling them with psychic powers. I soon made an alliance with the cruel species that would have had my fear, but eventually assimilated with my masses. This being became my harbinger. I sent them to distant worlds to discover the supple, edible, life I was missing out on.
"Some worlds, like Koroul, were destroyed by other hands, but my parasite found Earth, the secret haven of my deceitful brothers and sisters. I and my armies slowly made our way to this planet as the parasite gave power to few, one being Mara.
"The girl was overcome by her abilities and fell into a coma. But her dream manipulation reached out to my subconscious through the hive-mind. She had been assimilated. She told me of the wondrous powers this planet had developed. Many grew so fast because so many of my siblings contributed to its existence. I salivated at the prospect. She connected me with the minds of two unconscious girls who had once been one. They were afflicted by Twilight Essence, an essence that fuels me. I offered to restore them and three others if they managed to face the world's strongest. Five integral people who would attempt to stand in my way. You. You succeeded, and they died.
"I am still hungry, and I have come to Earth to devour the children of my sibling. As for fear, I fear not anger, I fear not power, I fear no armies, I fear not gods. I fear but one thing. The inevitable truth: eventually, there will be nothing to quell my hunger."
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:21 pm

The Abyss
Time and Date Unknown

Le hung there silent, a strange feeling sinking through her gut. She couldn't quite place it, but felt something at the edges of her memory vying for her attention. Le pushed it out of her mind, trying to focus on those before her. One question. She'd only had one question her entire life. The one question that, once answered, would open the flood gates and allow her to answer all the questions she's ever had. The strange feeling was trying to take over again and she shook herself to focus on the Doctor. Why hadn't he told her, prepared her, for this scenario? Le wrapped her arms around herself and said nothing as the power that brought them all here answered Keiran's question.

----------------------
Hair Growth: Passive
Hair Blade: 4/20
Hair Hammer: 3/20
Hair Shield: 1/20
Poison Generation: Passive

Extra-Life Skill Level Ticket

Last edited by Tang Le on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:37 am

The Abyss
Date and Time Unknown

The being stared intently now at Tange Le. She seemed to ponder something as she looked about the abyss. "Speak now, or forever hold your tongue!" He spat at her.
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Sun May 15, 2016 1:19 am

Tang Le regained her composer and glared back at the glowing eyes, how dare it speak to her and the Doctor in such a disrespectful manner. Any questions she has could easily be answered with the aid of Dr. Weird himself, she just needed to prove herself to him and he would surely aid her in her own quests. But before she could snap back at the entity before them Dr. Weird start laughing.

"Hehahahaha, is that what this is all about? Sibling rivalry?" Dr. Weird chuckled.

"Silence worm," bellowed the voice, "You have no idea of the matters on which you claim."

"I don't believe," stammered Epoch, "You are nothing more than a delusional common criminal. No better than Dr. Weird himself." The reds eyes now focuses on Epoch now glowing a brighter red.

"Oh, why thank you for the compliment though I don't think being compared to such an inept being such as the one before us is much of a compliment." Sneered Dr. Weird drawing the focus back on him.

"For such being claiming to be the best your planet has to offer you don't seem to realize the position you are all in. Here I can easily end you life at a moments notice." The force binding Dr. Weird became tighter, and began chocking him to an extent. Looking back over to Epoch he added. "I am also a greater being than my siblings and there skills should have been mine from the beginning, they were weak so I killed them and now their abilities are where they belong."

Epoch froze in horror for a moment, he had to get out of there and warn the rest of the NSS of the impending doom approaching Earth. A doom that at the moment, even though he hated to admit it was greater than Dr. Weird.

"Fool," struggled Dr. Weird as his breathing was now strained due to the entity before them. "For all your talk you come across as nothing more than a child wanting that which others have." He managed a gurgled chuckle as he continued. "And believe me I know something about wanting that which is in the position of other. I just don't claim that it was mine to begin with, yet."

The eyes were glowing even brighter now, and glaring at Dr. Weird as if to set him on fire. Epoch new this was going to be his only chance to try and escape.

"You insolent life form, you claim to have a grasp of what I am and what I am capable of and yet you try my patients." Epoch began focusing all his remaining chronotons for one last attempt at teleporting out of there. "The other remain silent but you seem to find enjoyment in vexing my furry. Do you wish to die that badly?"

"Well," Dr. Weird began, "I would be lying if I said I don't find some enjoyment out of this, and as for your death threat. I have a hard time seeing that happening."

"Oh, and why would that be."

"Because of two things, one you can't kill someone who can't be killed."

The void began to echo with laughter from the entity. "And what pray tell, would be the second?"

"Well that's obvious, because we're all going to be leaving here very soon."

"And what make you say that?"

"Because you failed to realized what Blue Boy has been doing this whole time you and I were talking."

The entity's eyes suddenly shot over to Epoch who was now glowing a faint blue. He had used Dr. Weird as a distraction to build up enough power to hopefully escape. Although he had no idea if it would work of where he would end up. When Dr. Weird had pointed out what he was doing, even though he never once looked over in his direction, he just finished concentrating everything he had for one more jump. And when the entities eyes meet his all he said was "Ciao".

Epoch released all the chronotons he built up filling the void with a brilliant light that engulfed, himself, Ditto, Keiran, Tang Le and even Dr. Weird. He could hear the voice crying out in discontent but could not make out what it was saying, but Epoch didn't care. Not as long as his plan worked and he managed to escape from that void.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:02 am

Epochs plan had worked, when the light finally faded everyone was laying down unconscious in a random field. Epoch was to busy collecting all the chronotons for the escape to pick a destination, when he releases everything all he could think of was someplace safe.

Dr. Weird was first one to rise. "Now where am I?" He said aloud, looking around him he could see the others sprawled about. As he began to take in the surroundings when a voice rang out in his head.

"Connection reestablished."

"Ah Steve perfect timing, pin point my location and tell me where we. . . Wait a minute. Isn't it still winter?" Dr. Weird finally took notice of the green pasture they were residing in. The accounts which took place in the abyss made him temporally forgot the seasons. "Steve, how long have we been gone?"

"Sir, thank goodness you've come back. You and Miss Le have been gone 5 months 3 weeks and two days."

A stern look came across Dr. Weirds face, "I don't like the way you said that. Steve what has happened while we were away."

"3 days after the two of you vanished strange creatures started appearing out of no where and started attacking all over the globe all at once."

"I see, so it has begun then has it."

"Yes, it appears so and it all seems to be happenging just as you said it would. It was most fortunate that you picked up the crystal skull."

"Then I assume all my preperations are well under, ah he wakes." Said Dr. Weird as Epoch made his way to stand up.

"Uh my head," Epoch began looking around, he say the others near by. Rubbing his head he continued, "Glad to see that it worked, I wasn't to sure sure that it would."

"Me too," smirked Dr. Weird as he took up residence on a near by rock.

"Great so you survived too? I was kind of hoping you got left behind."

"Sorry to disapiont you, but your plan did work though not as well as you hoped I'm sure. Weather it be a miss calculation on your part or the influence of our prior host. Time has advanced six months since our departure in December."

Epochs eyes widened in shock, is it true, is what the mad man saying true. He looked around again, it was the middle of December last he knew so there should be snow blanketing everything. And yet everything around him was green and it is hot out.

"Also, to inform you that while we were away the Earth has come under attack. Just like it said, it came to take everything from us."

Epochs eyes were now filled with terror, he had no way of knowing if what Dr. Weird was saying is true but he felt it in his gut. He knew his words were right, after everything that he had just experienced in that abyss he believed it.

Just then a hole in space opened up beside Dr. Weird and several figures walked out of it.

"Ah perfect timing, we have much to do now. So if someone could carry our fallen comrade there back I would much appreate it." Dr. Weird stumbled as he said it.

"Doctor!" One of the figures shouted and rushed forward to aid Dr. Weird.

"I think my blood loss is starting to show, say," said Dr. Weird looking at the women that just caught him. "Weren't you in a coma."

"I was Doctor, I woke up about five months ago." Said Yilana.

"I was hoping all that blood wasn't yours Doctor." Said Takeshi stepping forward.

"Well not all of it is, you should see what I did to the other guy after he took my hand." Said Dr. Weird with everyone's gaze now directed at Epoch."Oh no, it wasn't him."

"We still should get you to the infirmary and get you treated."

"YOU!" Epoch shouted, "what are you doing here Rixil?"

"Well hello to you too Epoch. Glad to see you, still breathing." Said Rixil eyeing a battered Epoch.

The final figure finally stepped forword and made its way over to Tang Le. A large man but with very litte detail in his face and cold lifeless eyes from what Epoch could see. When he got there he picked her up and walked back through the portal and the other followed suit.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" Epoch shouted again, "None of you are leaving here. You are all under arrest."

"HA," bellowed Takeshi. "And who is going to stop us boy. You are all alone plus you can barely stand right now. In fact are you forgetting our last encounter, I think its time to finish what we started."

He was right the last time they fought Takeshi wiped the floor with him. And even though he is stronger now than he was then. It doesn't change the fact he didn't have the energy teleport let alone anything else, Epoch was in trouble.

"Just leave him be today, as much as I hate to admit the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So until we deal with ths little invasion thats going on we have a truce. Understand." Said Dr. Weird as Yilana helped him through the portal.

Takeshi smiled, "Of course Doctor what ever you say, besides I don't think it will be any fun at all if were to finish him right now. Catch you later then kid." He then followed through the portal.

"It seems that you'll live to see another day now Eopch. I do hope you survive this, I want a chance to fight with you myself once this is all over." Said Rixil as he too stepped through the portal and since he was the last one it closed.

Epoch was now alone out in a field with the unconscious bodies of Ditto and Keiran and now way of getting anywhere. All he had he had now were his thoughts, and they were on one subject. He and the every one else on the planet were in big trouble.

Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum