Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

+4
Twisted Fate
Sol
Epoch
Noah the Arc Bearer
8 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP - Page 2 Empty Re: 2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 am

After a few seconds of nothing happening, the young clerk fell to the floor screaming in agony, her screams completely incoherent, as she slowly fell into a fetal position crying, eventually going catatonic.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:30 am

Time: 3:16

Hearing the latest report on the news Dr. Weird starts eyeing Takeshi with great interest through his thick sunglass. I am just going to see where this goes, Dr. Weird thought to himself. As Takeshi was standing ideal looking past Dr. Weird l in the back of his head he saw the cashier fall over screaming, amazing thought the mad doctor. Staring at Takeshi, Dr. Weird exclaimed with a giant grin “Let’s be friends.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:36 am

Jack Rabbit Gas Stop
Time: 3:17 PM

Takeshi stepping behind the counter and kneeling down next to the twitching corpse of the young women, replied sternly to Hiram's proposition of friendship,"Perhaps, but for now, help me get this corpse into the freezer."
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:50 am

Time: 3:16

“Freezer? Why waste a perfectly good body, help me load this in to my pod.” He clicks a button on his cane and a pod appears out in the parking lot, and Dr. Weird begins to load it with his pop. Coming back in to grab the money, more Thorwback and the security tapes.

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:31 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Helicopter Landing Pad
3:11pm

Changeling reached the roof level and opened the door, the bright light shone in his face. Shielding his eyes with his hand his focus returned and saw the helicopter, a dark grey beast waiting to be commanded. The pilot waved him over, "Hi, I'll be your pilot from now on. My name is Thomas Redding but just call me Tom, I understand you are the Changeling."

I nodded in agreement. "Got a pretty machine here. I hope we don't mess her up too much."

"Aww, she's a good bird. She'll be fine. I'm more worried about you and your team. Speaking of which... the others on their way?" Just as Tom finished his sentenced Epoch kicked the door open and sprinted over to the helicopter.

Changeling turned to Epoch and said, "I thought you were gonna be late, then I realized how ridiculous that sounded."

Epoch shrugged and said, "You'd be surprised how often I am, ha ha." Changeling offered no more than a brief smirk.

Tom opened the side door and ushered the two of us in. "Enough wasting time, I think you two have a bad guy to catch." He said with a big grin on his face obviously trying hide his nervousness.

"You better be buckled in because I'm not stopping to help you down." Tom offered before flicking a handful of switches.

The helicopter began its wind up and it's engines kicked in full force and tore a hole through the sky, making the NSS Station no more than a speck in a matter of seconds.

Enhance Physical Traits (Novice) - 0/10

Panther Mask:
improved stealth (Alpha) - 0/20
climbing (Novice) - 0/10

Minotaur Mask:
Minotaur Strength (Alpha) - 0/20
Improved Stamina (Novice) - 0/10

Last edited by Changeling on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:44 am

2:24pm
Ike's Apartment

While flipping through channels, different news reports of killings have become a big topic. One down in northern Texas area and another a Japanese doctor who threw bodies in the freezer. "Wow, this much excitement?", looking at the lines of text describing the situations. "Hmmm, two icy situations. Sounds fun and I am getting bored with this place, maybe I should move north?", Ike strokes his chin thinking. "I'm kinda of interested in meeting this 'iceman', but then again it might ruin my identity. What to do, what to do?"

Looks at coin on top of the coffee table. "Ok then, Lady Luck point me the way."

Rolling for decision of movement, odds Ike goes in search of the iceman, evens Ike heads north to South Dakota.

Random number (1,10) : 6
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:00 am

3:38pm

"Heading north then," Ike turns toward the TV to hear about the NSS investigating the iceman. "*sigh*.........good luck to you iceman, maybe we'll meet up later."

Packs up necessities,food and money. Ike pulls out a canister of gasoline and pours it all over the apartment. The radio starts to play a song that sets the mood.....(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7AZIvDD5Lw). Ike walks over to the oven opens it and turns on the propane letting it leak slowly but steadily. Then walks over to a corner and lights a candle. "That should just about do it. Now for to tie up some loose ends."

Ike walks down to the lobby and talks to the Manager.
"Margret its been a pleasant stay but I must be leaving."

Rolls to use powers on Margret, 1-5 fails to take control of her and 6-10 controls her.
Random number (1,10) : 2

If unsuccessful, Ike uses power again on Margret. 1-5 is fails and 6-10 gains control of her
Random number (1,10) : 5

If unsuccessful, Ike uses power again on Margret. 1-5 is fails and 6-10 gains control of her
Random number (1,10) : 1
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:10 am

3:56pm

"Ah yes your forms are all filled out Mr. Michael Leonardo. We hope you enjoyed your stay!"

"Yes I did," Ike spoke through gritted teeth. "Thank you."

Walks out door, briskly walking toward his Pontiac Grand Prix and takes off in a haste.

15 minutes later

Large explosion in the side of a building is seen in Ike's rear view mirror as he exits the city. "Ah yes, now thats what I call an exit," Ike looking back at the debris and chunks of his apartment wall fall, obliterating everything in the room. "Hope the neighbors don't mind the noise hehehehe." Ike turns toward I-29 then heads north.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:31 am

Time: 3:18

Dr. Weird walks over to the girls body and examines her. "She ain't dead yet." he says stand back up and looking out the window. "Shit, we should leave." He noticed a few other people out in the parking lot all staring in and on their cells phones with frightened expresions after hear the srceam from had just happened moments ago. Thinking that he no time to deal with the girl turning to Takeshi, "We should go, NOW!" Dr. Wierd bolts through the doors of the store and hopes in his pod. "The police will be here in 10 minutes, 5 if there not on a dounut break." With out even turning his head he shouted to Takeshi, "COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE."
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:22 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Alleyway
3:06pm

Akvo rushes down the alleyway and begins to think of hiding spots. He stops shortly before the mouth of the alley and begins thinking.

"Wait, I just left the body there, I left the clerks body in the gas station, and got caught on film. I never was this sloppy before, why am I leaving a trail? The cops won't have any trouble finding me if I keep this up." he says aloud to no one in particular as he makes his way back toward the hobos body.

He begins lugging the body towards the nearby dumpster, "Why are dead people so heavy?" he grunts as he shoves the body in the dumpster. He looks at his hand and points it toward the body, "Maybe if I freeze him he'll be harder to find."

Akvo rolls to use the Novice skill Make Shield of Ice on the hobo 1-8 failure, 9-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 4
Regardless of the outcome of the roll he closes the dumpster and begins moving east up the alley

"That should make him a little harder to find." he says as he makes his way north on NW 4th street. "Why do I almost feel like I know where I'm going? What's drawing me this way and not into a building to hide?" he asks aloud.

"And why do I keep talking out loud? Only crazy people do that." he mutters and moves along at a casual pace with his hands in his coat pockets.

I am editing this post for my convenience. Every time one edits a post the random number changes. For future reference the first roll was a four, so no matter what occurs after I click send the skill failed the first time.

Last edited by Akvo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Somewhere Over Oklahoma
NSS Emergency Helicopter
3:19pm

Epoch and Changeling have been aboard the emergency helicopter for a few minutes, and Tom, the pilot, is nearly silently focusing on piloting the craft.

Epoch sits in a bucket seat behind Tom, with Changling to his right. He watches out the window for a while before leaning forward to Tom, "Excuse me, Tom," He asks, tapping Tom on the shoulder.

"Yes, what is it?" Tom asks straight forward.

"I was never fully briefed on who we are after this time. We've never been sent like this so I am assuming there isn't some guy in a ski mask holding up a Denny's down there," Epoch replies.

"Well," Tom begins, "There's some guy down there who seems to be on a sort of rampage, he's been blasting ice bolts at officers and, as it sounds from the gas station incident, anyone who stands in his way."

Epoch slinks back in his seat, "Sounds wonderful," he never liked dealing with enemies who had killed before, "how long until we land?"

"We don't land," Tom begins, "I go low and you go down on ripcords, then I circle until the area is safe."

"When is that?" Epoch asks again.

"About fifteen minutes."
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Jack Rabbit Gas Stop
3:18 PM

Takeshi stood up over the young women as he watched Hiram dash out the door,"I will be right with you," Takeshi spoke, as he put his foot on the young girls neck, crushing down until there was an audible snap of her trachea shattering.

(Outside)
3:19 PM

Takeshi ran over to the the strange pod that Hiram hopped into," What the hell is this contraption?" Takeshi questioned.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Time: 3:19

“This, my friend, is my personal transportation pod the Mark -7 Orbital Observational Platform. Made by me for me and one of a kind.” After flipping a few switches the machine started moving and the stereo starts playing classic rock “Sorry this only seats one, I suggest that you get to your car and follow me.”

Then shouting “HIGH HO SILVER AWAAAAY!” heading towards a nearby prairie.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Somewhere Over Oklahoma
NSS Emergency Helicopter
3:22pm

Changeling and Epoch sit in the helicopter, awaiting their arrival, and showdown with this criminal.

Changeling thought out loud to himself, "What right does he think he has... killing anyone that stands in his way. He doesn't understand the meaning of killing, taking a life and choosing to end it, the consequences... the pain...."

Changeling lowered his head in sorrow.. No, this isn't the time for regret, this it the time for a criminal to pay.

"...I will put him through more pain than he's imagined before death is allowed to take him."

Changeling leans his head on the window.

Soon Jennifer, I can prove myself to you.

As he clenches his fists, his knuckles turning white.

The helicopter slashes through the air and can't arrive soon enough for Changeling.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Over Lawton, Oklahoma
NSS Emergency Helicopter
3:35pm

The helicopter began to lower its altitude as it came over the Lawton Army Airfield.

"Is that a military institution, down there," Epoch asked.

"Yeah, that sure is," Tom started, "but you know how it is. They don't want to risk leveling a city and wasting all that ammunition on a superpowered guy with unknown limitations. And the government always likes to use the NSS, "They're paying for us, they may as well use us"."

"Yeah, for everything," Epoch commented. He still couldn't believe how the government tended to use registered superheroes like accident custodians, or cheap labor.

Tom pulled the controls and lowered as he flipped a switch after slowing the helicopter. The switch initiated a buzzing sound and the side door slowly came open. "Take your ripcords and goodluck, boys. I'm dropping you in Elmer Thomas Park, and put your earpieces in, so I know when to pick you up," Tom said, bringing the craft to a hover.

"Got it," Epoch said, grabbing his ripcord. He noticed Changeling sit up as he began to descend from the Helicopter. Soon he'd be face to face with a super villain.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
The Intersection of NW Ferris Ave. and NW 3rd St.
3:30pm

With his hands in his coat pockets and NW Ferris Ave. behind him, Akvo approaches a pathway. The path was surrounded by lush grass. It would be beautiful if he wasn't freaking out about being tailed by cops and potentially idiots in spandex.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." he swore rapidly approaching a gate 200 feet away.

"Elmer Thomas Park and their fine employees," he scoffed as he noticed a sign and the gate attendant was sleeping, "Must not get many visitors, perfect."

Akvo rolls to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the attendant 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
If unsuccessful Akvo rolls again to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the attendant 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 4
Regardless of the outcome of the rolls Akvo moves beyond the gate and rolls to use the Novice skill Make Shield of Ice on the gate 1-8 failure, 9-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 8

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
The Gate of Elmer Thomas Park
3:32pm

"Seriously?" he questioned aloud, staring at his hands he focused even harder and tried again. "You work on cops and TVs but when I need to cover my fucking trail nothing happens."

Akvo rolls to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the attendant 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
If unsuccessful Akvo rolls again to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the attendant 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Regardless of the outcome of the rolls Akvo rolls to use the Novice skill Make Shield of Ice on the gate 1-8 failure, 9-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 9

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Elmer Thomas Park
3:36pm

"Stupid Deathcicles. I covered that gate pretty nicely though. Doubt anybody can get through that for a while." he said admiring his handiwork. He moved onto the lush grass a large body of water not twenty feet away. Every step he took resulted in the grass curling and freezing beneath his feet.

"What the fuck? I should have just kicked the shit out of the attendant. Stupid hands… stupid feet! Should have fucking stayed in Arlington. Stupid old bitch. Why did this have to happen to me? I'm nobody I didn't ask for this." he began shouting when an idea came to him.

He took his shoes off and gingerly stepped out onto Lake Helen. His feet never became wet. His feet landed on a small circle of water and he almost lost his balance. He stepped out again and again leaving a trail of ice circles behind him; constantly losing his balance until he jumped, landing on both his feet and generating a large ice circle about thirty feet from the edge of the water. He sat down then wrapped his hands around his knees. He looked out to see his shoes on the shore.

"Ugh, why am I such a failure? It seems like every time i use my ice powers I lose my common sense."

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Elmer Thomas Park
3:37pm

Changeling gripped the rip chord firmly and descended to the ground smoothly. He planted his feet on the ground.

Changeling surveyed the area, with nothing in particular catching his eye.

He stood up and turned to Epoch placing a mask resembling a panther on his face. "He's nearby, I'm not going to give him a chance to spot me. But maybe I can spot him."

He turns to a large tree and attempts to climb it.

Changeling attempts to use Panther Mask Skill Climbing (Novice):1-8 is a failure. 9-10 is a successful attempt
Random Number (1,10) : 1

OOC - I edited this post, originally I rolled a 1, but I never put parameters for what the rolls meant. So I edited this and set it to roll a 1.

Skills
Psychokinesis Mask:
Psionic Spikes (Alpha) - 0/20

Panther Mask:
climbing (Novice) - 0/10

Minotaur Mask:
[b]

Last edited by Changeling on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Elmer Thomas Park

Changeling claws and scrambles but can't get more than a few feet up the tree before falling flat on his ass.

He turns and looks Epoch in the face, "...Or not" as he shrugs.

Changeling begins walking, searching for anything peculiar, off in the distance Changeling saw a large gate, blocked with something... something melting.

His heart began to pump faster, and his breathing quickened.

Skills
Psychokinesis Mask:
Psionic Spikes (Alpha) - 0/20

Panther Mask:
climbing (Novice) - 0/10

Minotaur Mask:
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Terror Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Vermillion, SD
USD (University of South Dakota)
Physics 211
3:24 of the PM

Mara sits in her Physics class, kneading her eyelids. ”Never again will I take a course at 3:00. Afternoon equals nap-time.” she thinks to herself.

The clock on the wall seems to move in reverse, and the teacher’s lecture is hitting her mind like an onslaught of suicidal birds; each equation flying fast into the wall before falling to the ground, not even the guts or feathers sticking to the surface.

She is almost asleep when the professor finally dismisses his students. The announcement is a trigger, waking the drowsy girl just enough so that she pulls herself from her seat and heads out the door.

Yawning, Mara makes her way back to the dorms, her feet carrying her from from one side of campus to the other before she realizes. Her hand reaches into her coat pocket, fishing out the room key as she traverses a handful of staircases.

With a jingling flick of the wrist, the pathway to the bed is now visible, and it feels as if she floats to its promise of relief. An arm darts for the remote before her entire figure collapses onto the bottom of two lofted bunk beds. The TV vvmmms to life with a click, and the news softly filters through the air, which is accompanied by the hum of a fan that’s tucked in the open window . She can’t recall when she watched the news last, nor can she remember turning the fan on. “It was probably Jannet…” she thinks to herself, a image of her roommate coming to mind. It didn’t matter. Though its contents were usually ‘depressing’, most of it went in one ear and out the other. This Thursday is no different, as the girl turns around to face the wall, curling up in her grey bedding.

Sleep almost grips her yet again, but the current reporter’s story sparks curiosity in her dozy thoughts.

“Our most current news story takes place near Rapid City moments ago, where a young gas station clerk was murdered by two men, only one of them known to us at this time. Many eye witnesses watched as an Asian man and Scientist hurriedly made their escape. One brave soul went in afterwards to check on the woman who had been working inside.”

Shaking the short hair out of her eyes, Mara sits up to listening to a hick-looking witness as he relays what he saw. ”The guy needs a shave….” She murmers aloud, the man’s face almost distracting her from the story. He talks loudly to the video camera, Mara now caught up on how he pronounces his ‘a’s, and just about everything else.

“I whas whalkin’ up tew the bwuildin’ teh pay for mha gas, when I luwked up ‘n sahw her standin’ still as a haystack, luwkin’ all tierdlike. All ‘asuddin, she screamed some’fin fierce! I was scurred to go in, so ah waited till them tew fewllahs lehft. They were s’picious fowk, one of em flehw owff in a UFOw!”

Halfway into the story, Mara decides the clearly southern accent is just too much, and she mutes the volume. The summary scrolls across the bottom of the report, and she reads that instead. Some of the details catch her attention, such as the witnesses claim to have seen the clerk being ‘hynotized’ in some sort of fashion before screaming. Her death was caused by a severe and swift blow to the neck, which the authorities assumed was done by one of the men who had fled. The camera tapes had been taken too, but a number of descriptions had at least provided something for sketches... Supposedly, one of those men might have been some runaway killer from Kansas.

A few more details were absorbed before she powers off the TV. Wide awake now, Mara finds it hard to not act on the plans bubbling up from within her mind.

[Mara strongly considers traveling to Rapid. 1-4 she looses interest. 5-10 she decides to go.]
Random number (1,10) : 3

Last edited by Night Terror on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 7 times in total
Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
606 SW Lee Blvd

A group of people stand outside Fleming Tv & Vcr Service. The largest TV in the window is destroyed but the thirteen inch black and white spreads words of wisdom to the folks of Lawton.

"And it's going to be a balmy 71 degrees out today ladies and gents. Back to Lindsay Vocht with the local news."

"Thanks Justin, it's a hot one out there and with no word on our local 'Ice Fellow' KSWO can only sit out in the cold"

Meanwhile…
Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen

Akvo lays in the fetal position with his eyes closed. He would be rocked to sleep on the light waves if it weren't for the helicopter overhead. He doesn't bother looking up at it.
"What's the point?" he mumbles.

The small circles of ice where he water walked are long melted but the one he is floating on hasn't lost any size.

He hears a thud not that far off. He still refuses to look up, rocking gently on his cold platform.

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Terror Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Vermillion, SD
USD (University of South Dakota)
Mara's Dorm Room
3:36 of the PM

When college had started, a good amount of her free time was spent researching her powers and finding others who happened to have special talents. The humdrum life of a student had made her fall into a sense of do-nothing, but with this new bit of information, she finds herself in wonder again… almost desperate to find an answer to why she has her dream reading abilities, her lack of dreams, and if there's anyone out there who has the same problem.

Mara almost considers throwing clothes into a suitcase and taking a trip to the Black Hills area. After all, it is almost the weekend… but after a moment’s pause, she loses the initiative.

”It’ll probably just end in disappointment. The murders are probably long gone... Plus, there’s not a whole lot of money in my account either, gas could be an issue…” considers the girl. A chuckle escapes her at the thought of going to a gas station. “Good thing it was on that side of the state, or those two might have more than just the police on their tails.” Even though her powers were limited, Mara often found herself comforted by the fact that she at least has some sort of defense.

Mockery falls heavy on her mind now, the news story a growing splinter in her brain. The boredom and routine that had been going on for the past few months crumble beneath her. Mara questions her decision to stay in the small town over the weekend, as the need to get away becomes increasingly prominent.

Snatching her coat quickly, she shakes her head (something she does often out of habit) and quickly leaves the brick building. Half a block away, she slows her pace, a small inquisitive smile creeping to the corner of her lips. “If I can’t fight boredom elsewhere, I might as well do it here.”

[Mara travels around campus, searching for a release. 1-3 She finds nothing. 4-8 She stumbles upon a class with sleeping students. 9-10 She recalls a specific person who she can pursue.]
Random number (1,10) : 1

Last edited by Night Terror on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Time: 3:31

They approach a giant run down building that looks like the only thing holding it together was the rust. “Here we are home sweet home.” Says Dr. Weird, but before anybody could go inside he hits another button and a hanger door begins to open revealing a brand new high powered jet plane. Seeing Takeshi’s puzzled look as he got out of his car. “I have one more errand to run; my Throwback needs some....Ice." As he approached the plane in his pod and seeing still puzzled look out of the back of his head, “Oh, I just got this and have no idea how to drive it.” Ascending the steps to the door as the pod lands in the plane’s cargo bay, looking over his shoulder with a devilish grin he asked, “You coming?”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Terror Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Vermillion, SD
Somewhere
3:42 of the PM

Though the windy day seems to blow a number of troubles away, her efforts to find students in slumber end after a quick search of the Math and Science complex.

“Maybe today’s just not my day.” She sighs, looking up into the branches of overhead trees.
The limited things to do confine her as she tries to come up with other options. Doing homework, walking, and sleeping all come to mind, but nothing else follows. ”If I can’t dream read or sleep, then I might as well walk.” she thinks, her feet moving again, leading her in no particular direction.

As she walks, another thought itches at the back of her brain. ”I could practice my other power… “ A long empty pause hangs over the mental statement. She realizes it has been some time since she tried, and she wonders if it would even work. The last time had been an accident.

Looking up from her notions, Mara finds herself in the local park. Leaves litter the ground in a thick sheet of yellow and brown, though a portion of it is being tossed about by two small children near the swing set. Turning her head and huddling into her jacket, the girl looks elsewhere; she is fairly certain that children don’t have that many traumatic experiences yet...

[Mara continues her search, looking for someone to experiment on. 1-2 she gives up. 3-6 she notes people nearby. 7-9 a person passes on the sidewalk. 10 she tries on one of the children anyway.]
Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next