Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP)

+10
Twisted Fate
Skylar Raige
Akvo
Ike
Yilana
Tang Le
Dark Coyote
Dr. Weird
Epoch
Noah the Arc Bearer
14 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP) Empty 5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP)

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:00 pm

The night descended on the heroes and villains, and I set my children to sleep, to the sound of explosions and maniacal laughter. Dr. Weird return his compatriots to his base and they all rested, evil brewing in their sleepy hearts.

Meanwhile, at the NSS, the heroes are sound asleep in their cozy beds, entirely unaware of what lies behind the next page for them.

At 6 am the next morning, Saturday morning, the new terror reigned down on the sleepy city of Oklahoma. Ten new bots descend now upon the city, preparing to besiege Station Seven of the NSS. The bots, my fluffy players, look exactly like this:

5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP) 50footdestroyerdriod.th

Obama isn't pleased with the lack of compliance on behalf of the NSS and has executed a second phase of the State of Emergency. Can the government finally win in this quarrel, or are these new bots just a last ditch effort in a losing battle?

Here are some specs on these bots:

Destroyer Droid
  • 50 feet tall
  • 1 giant eye
  • 1 three person containment unit, disables super powers (don't get trapped in there)
  • 3 steel claws on either hand
  • 3 tripod legs
  • three rockets on either forearm - cause a destructive blast that decimates a diameter of 15 feet
  • an American flag pasted on the right arm

These robots are being sent out across the nation, most large cities are receiving ten, barren areas receive two, players will decide the proper ratio of bots to send in, Admins can overrule any decision on bot number.

I now give you back to the compelling story of Real Heroes!
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP) Empty Re: 5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP)

Post  Epoch Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Room 419
Saturday Morning
6:15 am

An alarm sounded violently throughout the NSS, and President Jackson's voice could be heard over the din, "Epoch, Frost Raptor and Meltdown, report to my office in five minutes!"

Epoch launched out of bed. Should he jump back in time an hour or so, to anticipate such an arousal? No, he knew that would have been a bad idea. He had always been taught to not alter something important.

Hastily, he threw on one of his suits and masks and began his job to the office, hopefully he had rested long enough to have his strength back for whatever was about to happen.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP) Empty Re: 5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP)

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:10 am

Dr. Weird’s Lab in the Badlands
5:15:00 A.M. MT

It had been a very long night for Dr. Weird. He himself just went to bed after working through the night. After they got back the night before he bid everyone a good night, while they were out Steve set up suitable livable arrangements for them all. The ambulance was stripped and anything useful was taken to the medical wing along with the uncurious Dark Coyote. He was taken to a secure room and extra restraints were added, Dr. Weird would entertain him later. When everyone else was taken care of he left straight to his lab on the lower levels.

“Steve, what’s the progress of my metal men?” Dr. Weird asked as he entered a very large room. Small flames and sparks were flying everywhere. Mechanical arms were swinging back and forth trading components and erecting the pieces together. It wasn’t just one; dozens of large figures were being built in there. Over a dozen others were standing on the other side of the room completed, waiting for activation. Further back something even bigger was being made but it was only in the beginning stage.

“As you can see Doctor we are well into production of the Sentry Mark IV. Fourteen have been completed and more are on the way. As requested four upgraded SM III’s have been produced and are waiting in your room. As for the Quadraphonic Drone it is still in the early stages of production and its estimated time of completion 48 hrs.”

“Excellent work Steve, while we are at it make a couple hundred more SR3-88’s too, we will need something to help pick up the pieces. Now show me the programming.” Dr. Weird started to spin and dance between the rows of his wondrous machines, for him this was his nirvana.

He had spent the entire night going through and inspecting the finished units. From armor to weapons systems, he was not going into the maw of destruction unprepared. When morning came he just went to his bed and dropped in it. The SM III’s were standing there as Steve said. No sooner had he landed on the mattress he was out cold. Off to dream of beakers and test tubes.

(While asleep Dr. Weird's subconscious tries to use Veridical Dreaming: 1-8 Fail, 9-10)

Random number (1,10) : 1

Random number (1,10) : 8

Random number (1,10) : 6

(Dr. Weird “dreams” the following scenario 1-2 event 1, 3-4 event 2, 5-7 event 3, 8-9 event 4, 10 event 5)

Random number (1,10) : 5
________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
Veridical Dreaming [Novice] – 2/10
? [Novice] – 0/10

Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

Dr. Wierds Lab Medical Wing
5:30 AM MT

Dark opens his eyes and as he sees the room he is in all the memories of his past flood back through his mind as he screams out in rage. He tries to move but he is completly restraint. He growls angrily then just lays there. He knew the was nothing he could do to free himself.

He looked about the room. It reminded him of the hospital room he was in a few hours ago. He thinks back to what happened. He remembered being rolled around a bit then sitting in a room for he didn't know how long. By that time he managed to open his eyes. He remembered each of the faces. After a few more of the soldiers poked and prodded him with he could only hazard to guess he was rolled into a mediacl truck. He wasn't in it long then he heard a series of explosins. The last thing he remembered was the truck being thrown violently to the side.

He didn't know what to make of this new building. it was familiar to the rooms that he grew up in, but was somehow different. He growled angrily. He cursed at himself. His quest to find the answers to his life had led him to near death a few times now. All he cared about now was being able to get back to the wild. He could disappear in the forest very easily.

A face came to his mind. The face never had a voice but he grew up with this man breaking him to make him into a monster. He decided he wouldn't focus on the answers so much as finding this man. Making him pay for his life. Assuming he wasn't already dead.

He stopped going through his mind. He was getting a headache from thinking so much. Best to just focus on the now. He took a long sniff. He recognized the scent. The man he met on the highway. The man who took Dana. He chuckled slightly. Maybe he would be able to free her.

He remembered the conversation he had with the man and called out "HEY! Tomato guy or whatever the hell your name is! Get in here!"
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:20 am

Radisson Hotel in Rapid City
Honeymoon suit
6:06 am

Le rolled over and looked at the clock. Really? So early? Though maybe it wasn't that surprising that she had awoken so early. Unexpectedly she slept soundly through the night. She only thought about Dr. Weird's proposition once before blissfully fading into sleep. She slowly moved over to the window sill, her hair dragging a good two feet along behind her. She had slept so well that it had grown on it's own all night. She started wrapping a lock around her wrist as she stared out the window, thinking about the Doctor. She wasn't sure when she should contact him. Was now too early? What were the Doctor's sleeping habits? Would he even be the one to take her call? Did he really want to help her? Questions bogged down her mind and she didn't hear neither the knocking nor the door opening. The gasp and crash did though. She glanced over her shoulder. Daniel was standing there, a breakfast tray shattered on the floor in front of him. She blink a few times before asking, "What?"

"Uh! You--- Your---!" he stammered a efw times before finally just pointing. She looked down at herself to see that her hair had formed a cocoon by wrapping around her. She sighed. She was going to have to cut it. Problem was, it always took six hours before her hair would respond to her again after that. And then only so soon if she pampered the hell out of it. She didn't want to spend all morning scrubbing and soaking her hair with special herb mixtures.

"Damnit, there go my morning plans. Why don't you get me some breakfast and I'll take care of this," Le suggested as she started unwrapping herself.

"Oh yes! I brought you-- uh..." Le enjoyed his moment of embarrasment at realizing that he had dropped the tray and ruined everything. He stammered an appology and bolted to get a new one. Le pulled a special pair of scissors out of her bag. She held her hair up to the light and carefully took the first snip. There goes the morning.

---------------------------
Hair growth: Passive
Hair Arms: 1/20
Hair Hammer: 5/10
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 pm

5:36:59 A.M. MT

Yilana had her eyes closed as she moved slightly on her side, while she slept. The bed was not as comfortable as the one she remembered back at home. It hurt her back and she resorted to sleeping against the cold hard wall, while she slept on her side. While the wall's cold temperature sponged on her back, she continued to breathe slowly, picking up pace every 5 seconds or so. She was having one of her nightmares again and she was scared.

Her eyes started to move frantically behind her soft eyelids as she groaned in frustration and apprehension. Her nostrils flared as the visions of horrid looking scientists began to cut into her soft skin. She felt the burning sensation of her stomach expand towards her chest and hips. She began to whimper and move away from the wall of the bed onto her stomach. The scientists in her dream were unmerciful and started to cut into her spine. A very weird and numbing sensation began to trickle down her back as she let out a huge scream, bouncing off the hard walls, seeping through the cracks of the door into the hallway.

She woke up in a sweat as she quickly rolled out of bed and whirled around the room for anyone or anything that harmed her. She took a deep breath and tried to hold in her tears, wanting to scream out the pain she suffered in order to become what she was. No, who she was. Yilana gritted her teeth and walked out of her sleeping quarters, slamming the door behind her. "I need a drink," she thought to herself, then started walking down the cold, long hallway towards the kitchen. Every step she took made an echo, making her feel as if she was alone in this large scientific building. She swallowed hard as the memories started to pour through her mind and began to run towards her destination. "Don't look back..."

She sighed in relief as she made it to the fridge in the kitchen. She opened it quickly, almost making some bottles and jars fall out, catching them in time. After she put them back in place, she grabbed the gallon of water and poured herself a tall glass with no ice. She chugged the whole thing and tried to catch her breath afterwards, as she sat down on a chair at the dining table.

"You're up early," Steve said from behind her, causing Yilana to scream and throw the glass at him. Luckily for Steve, he caught it before it smashed against his lens. "Are you ok?"

"DON'T... EVER... DO... THAT... AGAIN!!" Yilana yelled. She became very frustrated and embarrassed that she snapped at Steve again. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" She turned away from him to fume.

"I heard a scream and wanted to know if everything was alright," Steve said as he put the glass down near the sink. "You should sit or lie down, Yilana."

"Don't tell me what to do," she pouted as she sat down on one of the chairs again. Steve let out a forced robotic laugh as Yilana gave him the stink-eye.

"So what did you want for breakfast?"

"I don't know," Yilana said with a frown. She haven't had anything good for breakfast in a while.

"How about 2 eggs and some toast? Perhaps some milk or orange juice as well?"

Yilana began to get comfortable in her chair and slightly smiled, feeling her stomach growl. "Orange juice sounds great..."
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Dr. Weird's Lab
5:45 am

The RV's door slams open, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!" Ike jumps through landing on his feet in a squat position with 2 glass bottles held above his head. "HIIIIIIIIYAAAAAAAA!!" Ike tossed the bottles at the nearest wall shattering them. "Having fun?", Steve eyeing Ike's antics.
"Yup, not a hangover on this guy."
"Anything I can do to help you calm down, perhaps something without caffeine?"
"Crepes!"
"Alright then."
"I'll wait here."
"Are you..."
"Yes," Ike glared around the room.
"Ok."
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:46 pm

NSS Station 7
Room 612
Saturday Morning
6:15 am

Akvo heard an alarm and President Jackson's voice, "Epoch, Frost Raptor and Meltdown, report to my office in five minutes!"

He wants me to be a member of the team and he uses my villain name?

Akvo shrugged and made his way to the closet. It was empty to his surprise.

He did say I would be fitted for a suit sometime today...

He quickened his pace as he headed to Jackson's office.
Shoot Freeze Beams [Alpha] - 17/20
Create Armor Out of Ice [Novice] - 4/10
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Tunnel
7:15 A.M.

Skylar awakes from inside the tunnel, his neck sore from the awkward position he slept in. He crawls out of the tunnel to get a breath of fresh air and looks around outside.

(roll to see if the army found him: Lows - no, Highs - Yes)
Random number (1,10) : 4

Last edited by Skylar Raige on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:07 pm

NSS Station 7
President Jackson's office
Saturday Morning
6:21 am

Comically, Epoch slowed, nearly breaking on his heels, hurrying to enter the room. Just his luck it seemed, Professor Quantum had already been seated in the room, neatly next to the oddly dressed Teagan. The two both looked tired and worried. A few feet away from Quantum and Meltdown, Akvo sat in another chair, more directly across from President Jackson.

"I'm sorry, but I knew that you'd respond best to something alarming, you will be known as Aquilo now," Jackson said, wrapping up a conversation with Akvo. Jackson looked up and saw Darren, "Epoch, man of the hour, take a seat," President Jackson gestured openly to the remaining seat.

Epoch sat and nerves sort of jolted through him, what in the world could be going on.

"Emily," President Jackson prompted, pushing a button on his desk and addressing a microphone, flush with the desk, "shut off that fucking alarm."

"Yes sir," the desk spoke.

Jackson turned on his heels with a remote in his hand and shot it at the monitor behind the desk. The screen flicked to life and before anyone was prepared, a face grew on the screen. It was the President of the United States.

"Good morning, Mr. President," Jackson said, drawing out the o's in "good".

"Good morning, yourself, Mr. President," Started President Obama, "I hope that you've had plenty of time to think this morning."

"That I have, that I have," Jackson responded, chuckling slightly.

"You know that I love this country.... and it's people.... but there has been a problem, and I need your help to fix it." Obama started his little speech, "Your students, and our escaped patient, have refused to turn themselves in.... I trust this has nothing to do with your decisions.... President Jackson. But this has caused a great concern here, in Washington. With advice from my cabinet.... as well as congress.... I have to inform you, and your audience, "Obama acknowledged the full room, "that we have increased the amount of defense that has been mounted against the super-enhanced. Today.... Today is the day that your trio will turn themselves over. We will put an end to this controversy and all of the pain that those, with superpowers, have caused recently in this country. You have an hour to surrender Epoch, Frost Raptor and patient Meltdown."

President Jackson smiled, "Understood, President."

"Good, have a good morning, President Jackson," Obama said, he the turned his eyes to acknowledge Akvo, Teagan and Darren, "I will see you three.... very soon, goodbye."

"Goodbye," grinned Jackson, turning the monitor off. He spun again on his heels and spoke to his students and Quantum, "Just as the nice president said, you'll be outside really quick. But I have news for you, he doesn't just have soldiers snooping around the NSS. Mr. Obama has issued a series of 50 foot Destroyer Droids. There are ten of those mother fuckers waiting around the walls of our sacred school. If you don't show in an hour, they'll begin to dismantle the building. And I don't want none of that shit.

"So you'll be headed out there shortly, Epoch, Aquilo, but you wont be raising your hands to the sky. You two will be running a very important mission. And if you succeed, I will know you're my nigga," He looked directly at Akvo.

"So here's the deal," Jackson resumed, "Fight those big ass bots and lead them out of the city. Destroy them, tear them apart, whatever you fuckin' want, but leave the city and the NSS intact. Quantum and Teagan here will be monitoring the battle and conversing with the two of you through your earpieces." He held up two new earpieces and handed them over, "If you don't succeed, you'll either die or be caught, either way, you'll be off my back and the NSS has a clean slate. If you die, however, the NSS will surely fall. So don't die."
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:34 pm

5:42:24 A.M. MT

Takeshi slowly shuffled down the hall towards the dining quarters.

"What a night.. didn't get a damn bit of rest," Takeshi muttered, running his hands through his freshly cleaned hair.

As Takeshi motioned into the kitchen he immediately took notice of Yilana sipping on a tall glass of orange juice. Takeshi walked up to the counter and poured himself a fresh cup of coffee, still silent and seemingly ignoring Yilana's presence.

"Steve, any chance you have a recipe for tamagoyaki in that database of yours?" Takeshi questioned, his stomach letting out a bellowing growl.

"Yes Dr. Takeshi, I do in fact, would you like me to prepare you a dish?" Steve inquired.

"Indeed, thank you Steve," Takeshi spoke, a look of satisfaction stretching across his face.

Takeshi took a second glance at Yilana.

"Steve, could you prepare a second for my... friend here,"

"Very well Dr. Takeshi," Steve responded.

Takeshi slowly took a seat at the large titanium clad dinner table, motioning his line of sight towards Yilana.

"Rough night?" Takeshi questioned, seeing the stress in Yilana's face.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:37 pm

NSS Station 7
President Jackson's Office
Saturday Morning
6:28 AM

Akvo rose from his chair, looked at Epoch, and said, "Last one out there has to do double training sessions."

He didn't make it halfway to the door before President Jackson spoke, "Now, I'm glad that you're the cutest little eager fucker in the room, but you still haven't been fitted for a suit. Conveniently it's on your way out of the building. More conveniently yet the plans for your personal needs were drawn up last night. You shouldn't have to try on more than two to get the right fit."

"Epoch you can show him the way." Jackson concluded.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:43 pm

5:45 AM MT
Dr Wierd's lab, medical wing.

Dark tried cutting through the restraints on his arms. He didn't make any progress at all but it was better than sitting doing nothing. Allowing himself to sit and think would make to much go through his head so best keep busy. His claws just snared on the kevlar straps holding him down, but didn't cut them at all. Beyond the straps, he was also chained down 3 times over. He knew he would have no way to get out of those, but still, it was better to keep busy.

"You plan to keep me locked up here all day?" Dark called out desperate to get some kind of attention, but as with his previous calls, no one responded. The silence of this place made him uneasy. He was used to living out in the wild where the last thing you wanted to hear was silence. Silence meant their was nothing around except the likely mountain lion, pack of wolves, or occasional bear, all of which where a threat to anyone or thing that wasn't careful.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 am

NSS Station 7
President Jackson's Office
Saturday Morning
6:29 AM

"Right," Epoch said, starting his march out of the office, prepared to leave through the NSS's main entrance. May as well go right through the front door if they were surrounded. Plus there was a small briefing room just a few yards from the doors and Epoch had felt it safe to assume that he would find Aquilo's outfit and outfitter in that particular room.

"Hold it, Darren," Quantum shot, grabbing the round of Epoch's right forearm, "Both of you," his eyes bounced between Epoch and Aquilo from behind his glasses, "take these," letting go of Epoch's arm he shuffled through a lab coat pocket and pulled forth two plainly wrapped bars. "Eat these granola bars on your way, we'll feed you both graciously when you return safely."

Epoch and Aquilo both dismissively agreed and snatched up the bars. Peeling away the wrapper, Epoch began to eat it as he headed out the door. From behind him , heard Teagan say, "Be careful," and the two were off.

Turning down a handful of hallways, passing classrooms and training rooms, the NSS was much like a labyrinth to someone unaccustomed to the school. Silence, only broken by footfalls, wrappers crinkling and chewing, held it's grasp in the space between Darren and the man behind him, once a charged villain. Inside, Epoch was trying desperately to assure himself that even if Akvo had retained any thoughts of evil or cruelty, the act of self-preservation would keep both Akvo and himself safe through this battle.

The sun shone brightly through the glass of the doors that were situated beneath a perfect barrel vault. It was a false beacon to Darren, it called him outside, though he knew that the comfort of the morning sun would not hold him today. There was a real crisis on his hands.

Shooting swiftly to his left he entered a plain wooden door labeled, "Ground Floor Briefing Room - 001". The interior was white and lit with fluorescent light. Before he and Aquilo, who had finished their breakfast, stood a wardrobe on wheels and a small man with wild hair and oddly fitting clothes. Epoch recognized him as one of the few wardrobe advisors on the campus. There were only and handful of them, most without superpowers, and his name was Warren Keihle (pronounced keel).

Warren hardly looked as if he knew anything about clothing, and he was always quite jittery. His breath often smelled of coffee, and it was quite possible that he drank far too much of it. "Good morning, gentlemen," Warren announced, Epoch and Aquilo stood before him impatiently, "I have the outfit for.... Aquilo is it?" He enquired, blankly and hastily. Aquilo stepped forward and Warren grinned oddly as he reached to open the double doors on his mobile wardrobe.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:57 pm

5:47:12 A.M. MT

“Dr. Weird,” Steve called out. The SM III’s in the room started to awaken from sleep mode. “Stand down, I was just checking to see if Dr. Weird was available. The guest he brought back last night is awake now and is starting to cause a ruckus, but I will handle it.”

Moments later Steve was talking to the recently awakened Dark Coyote. “Good Morning sir,” Steve’s voice rang out from the ceiling.

Dark Coyote started looking around the room to locate the source of the voice, but saw no one in the room.

“Please don’t be alarmed, I Dr. Weird’s computer. It is my duty to run and maintain this facility as well as assist Dr. Weird in his experiments. You can call me Steve.”

Dark Coyote started looking to the ceiling which was were the voice was originating.

“I know you must have many questions right now but unfortunately I am only authorized to answer. But Dr. Weird will be here in a few hours after he finishes working; he said he has questions for you too.”

Dark Coyote was now glaring at the ceiling.

“Now if you would excuse me, I have to go and go and regulate the power converters and check on Dr. Weird’s latest command.” After that the room was then silent except for Dark Coyote’s heavy breathing.

Mean while Dr. Weird was still out cold, he and a talking milkshake were standing at the window of a submarine in a tar bit; shouting at the tar to give them back their PDA.

(While asleep Dr. Weird's subconscious tries to use Veridical Dreaming: 1-8 Fail, 9-10)

Random number (1,10) : 2

(Dr. Weird “dreams” the following scenario 1-2 event 1, 3-4 event 2, 5-7 event 3, 8-9 event 4, 10 event 5)

________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
Veridical Dreaming [Novice] – 2/10
? [Novice] – 0/10

Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:33 pm

NSS Station 7
At the Wheeled Wardrobe
Saturday Morning
6:35 AM

Akvo reached forward to shake Keihle's hand. Keihle jittered slightly and Akvo wasn't sure if he was some sort of germophobe or if it was just an over usage of coffee. After the briefest of moments Keihle reached forward and shook Akvo's hand.

Keihle didn't smile until they were done shaking hands.

He reminded Akvo of Anthony Spengler, the old man that trained him.

Not like a spitting image or anything. He always hated that.

Oh this person reminded me of such and such...

Then they always say they don't see it.

But it doesn't mean you've found a clone...

It just means there's a hint of that person. Like someone put the same kind of creamer in two different kinds of coffee. It's not the same drink.

It's just a hint….

Keihle was still smiling, mouth slightly agape. He appeared to not care to interrupt Akvo's unfocused flittering mind.

Epoch cleared his throat.

Akvo roused.

Keihle wasted no time to tell him that he had his suit prepared.

"This is for you," he said pulling open a door of the wardrobe that folded out into a changing screen. Inside the wardrobe was his suit but it wasn't at all like he imagined…

"Woah." was all Akvo could seem to muster. In retrospect Akvo thought that was the least impressive thing he could have said.

"Heh," Keihle laughed before saying, "It is rather Westernesque."

Akvo smiled like that's what he meant. It was rather Westernesque though.

From hat to boot it was very cowboy. The hat was a brown stetson, Western but not stereotypical cowboy. Underneath the hat was a lower face mask, it looked like it was made out of some sort of hard plastic or metal, Akvo couldn't be sure. Then there was a waist length brown duster. It was like his old coat, on steroids. Underneath that was a bullet proof Smart Shirt. The pants had built in suspenders. They were very plain, grey, the same type of pants one would wear to go ice climbing. Then there were cowboy boots, metal heels, spurs and all.

He knew there was more than met the eye and he knew that Keihle wouldn't have time to explain.

"I don't have time to explain," Said Keihle, "But to give you an idea it pays homage to your background and your powers."

"It's not a body condom." said Akvo, incredulously.

"They don't all have to be." Keihle said through a thick smile, "I designed it to fit you, specifically, like I said, your background and powers."

Akvo pulled the outfit down and began changing behind the screen.

"I also thought outlaw fit you a little better than sleek and clean." said Keihle.

"Hey, I'm a good guy now." Akvo called over the screen.

"Yeah but you're still a rebel." Keihle said through another thick smile.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Akvo walked out from behind the screen in his new duds.

"Sir, you are an artist. This even fits my new name."

"Aquilo?" Keihle asked.

"The bringer of the north wind" replied Akvo, "Sounds like the name of an old gunslinger doesn't it?"

Keihle smiled.

Akvo looked at Epoch, "Most kills gets bragging rights for a week."

He smiled and then tipped his new hat to Keihle.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 am

5:48 AM MT
Dr. Wierd's Lab Medical wing

Dark glared at the cieling more out of confusion than anger. He had never encountered something that could speak but have no physical presence.

Dark layed his head back and said "Now I am hearing a disembodied voice. I must of hit my head harder than I thought."

Steve replied "I am not a disembodied voice, I am an AI system that serves as Dr. Wierd's assistant."

Dark shook his head and responded "So thats the tomato guys name?"

Steve responded by asking "Pardon me, Tomato Guy?"

Dark chuckled and said "Ask your master about it."

Steve acknowlegded "Very well sir."

"Can you let me out of these restraints? Not exactly alot I can do in your facility." Dark asked.

Steve coldly answered "I have orders to make sure you are restrained. You caused quiet a stir and it from what we can tell it is far safer to keep you tied."

Dark rolled his eyes and responded "Thanks for your honesty." With that he resumed clawing at the restraints, but didn't ackowlegde Steve at all. He hoped something or one he could actually look at when they spoke would show up.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 am

NSS Station 7
Front Door
Saturday Morning
6:35 AM

"These, "body condoms" as you call them are classics you know," Epoch muttered rhetorically, "But you know, not everyone has to look like a cowboy from the north pole," He smirked.

Akvo just scoffed as they stood uneasily in the doorway. They couldn't see any immediate Destroyer Droids, however, it seemed that neither of them were quite sure exactly what they would be fighting.

"BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP," sang out a chirp.

"Earpieces," announced Epoch, holding up his little silvery earpiece, a small red light was blinking on it. He stuffed it into his ear and watched as Akvo did quite the same, "Theres a switch on it," he said with conclusion, as he flipped his switch and Akvo did the same.

"Epoch, Aquilo, are you ready?" Asked Professor Quantum's voice.

"We sure are," said Epoch.

Aquilo muttered into the device from behind his mask, "If there's ten of these things, I'll take nine."

"Well, it's good you're both well prepared on such quick notice, we'll make Master Heroes out of the two of you in no time." Quantum spoke clearly into their ear canals, "Teagan and I will be leading you remotely. She will keep track of your vitals and needs, if you have any concerns just let us know. There is no need to say our names, we will be on alert, waiting for information. Also, Aquilo, you are wearing a full, military-grade, Smart Shirt. It wirelessly relays information back to a computer that Ms. Meltdown will be monitoring. If anything should arise that you may not acknowledge you will be immediately alerted. Epoch, I'm sorry, but this battle will have to be your last without a Smart Shirt.

"Now as for the battle. The NSS is a large campus, surrounded in a reinforced wall perimeter that also houses most of our dorms. This is the external area in which the ten Destroyer Droids are situated. As we know the entrance that you stand in faces E. Madison Street, looking down Walnut Avenue, and there are two standing tight to the walls just beyond the door, that's why you shouldn't see them. (NOTE: The NSS takes up the space of Oklahoma City near the capitol building, located within the square that is vertically between E. Madison Street and NE 26th Street; and horizontally between N. Oklahoma Avenue and N Stiles Avenue. The campus replaces what is actually there and John's Diner replaces Ricky's Cafe) There is one on each street corner: Madison St. and Oklahoma Ave., Madison St. and Stiles Ave., 26th St. and Oklahoma Ave., and 26th St. and Stiles Ave. Also there are two coming from the west along Oklahoma Ave, and one along each remaining street surrounding the campus, between each of the corners. My best suggestion is to lead them East while you disable them, lead them toward Sunnylane Park where we will have a helicopter pick you up. It's about 4 miles, and along 23rd St. should only take about 40 minutes if you're quick. Don't let them destroy the Capitol."

Quantum sounded winding as the two took it in. "You got it, professor," Epoch said.

"Good luck," Teagan's voice said as Epoch and Aquilo exited the building.

Looking left and then right they see them. Two huge Destroyer droids.

"We have to lead them South a block and then head them East, got it?" Epoch asked Akvo.

Aquilo nodded when suddenly the droids sprang to life. The two had been spotted.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:37 am

Outside the Tunnel
6:28 A.M.

Skylar stretches and warms up right outside the tunnel under the lowest part of the underpass. Skylar decides to continue on his trip to Rapid City, still unaware of the large robots. Skylar walks out into the interstate and stomps on the earth causing a quake. The ground cracks and rise up slightly. Cars that come towards him skid to a stop infront of the now risen ground. Skyar looks at the first car, which is a 2009 Chevy Corvette. He uses his seismic clap to knock off the mirror on the side, scaring the normal human into getting out of his car and running away, along with other people near. As the car sits in front of him, he uses his stomp quake again, causing the risen ground to lower back down.

Skylar gets in the corvette and speeds off towards Rapid.
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:52 pm

5:45:49 A.M. MT

Yilana took a deep breath before taking a sip from the cold glass of orange juice. She looked at Dr. Takeshi without moving her head while she drank and squinted her eyes. As the last drop of orange juice ran through her lips, she looked away and put down the glass on the table. "I am fine," she said with a cold tone in her voice. She did not want to talk about the nightmare or how she was feeling afterwards. She cleared her throat and looked back at Dr. Takeshi, trying to look normal but she could feel her face was in a form of sadness and nervousness than the the normal stubborn look.

Steve's voice broke the awkward silence as two robotic arms, somewhere from in the kitchen, rested a plate of delicious food in front of Yilana and Dr. Takeshi. "Your meals are served. Enjoy and if you need anything, just let me know."

The aroma of the food was delicious, as to a person who was hungry. As for Yilana, the aroma made her sick to her stomach. Thinking about the nightmare and trying to hide her emotions from those around her was causing her to be light-headed and nauseous. She rested her elbows on the table as her hands cradled her, what seemed, heavy head and thought: This is going to be a long fucking day.
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:32 pm

NSS Station 7
Outside the NSS
Saturday Morning
6:40 AM

Akvo nodded when suddenly the droids sprang to life. The two had been spotted.

With a determined look on his face he looked to Epoch and said, "All right here's the plan: You use your fancy teleportation powers to corral the four on the West side I'm going to pull these two at the front and the three on the East side down 24th street and the remaining one in the north can also be your responsibility."

Aquilo darted off to the front of the NSS and told the guard to let them through. He immediately fired at the two warning shots at the massive droids. He knew he wouldn't be able to take them out here.

Akvo rolls to use Superior skill Shoot Sharp icicles aiming at droid 1. 1-3 is a failure 4-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Superior skill Shoot Sharp icicles aiming at droid 1. 1-3 is a failure 4-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Superior skill Shoot Sharp icicles aiming at droid 2. 1-3 is a failure 4-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Superior skill Shoot Sharp icicles aiming at droid 2. 1-3 is a failure 4-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:08 am

NSS Station 7
Outside the NSS
Saturday Morning
6:40 AM CT

Epoch watched as Akvo shot an icicle at either Droid. The droids were now turning in on the two and proceeding toward them.

"Right, we can bring them over Lincoln blvd. and lead them out, be careful," Said Epoch as he attempted to teleport to the Southwest end of the building where one droid was waiting on the corner. He had been around the Station before and knew his surroundings quite well. If he goth his five to follow him, to the East end of 26th Street, he could bring them down the campus North of the capitol building and meet up with Akvo on 24th.

Epoch attempts to teleport to the corner of 24th Street and Oklahoma Ave. 1-5 it fails 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 10

If it fails he tries again, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success.

If it fails he tries again, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success.

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Alpha] - 4/20
Energy Blast [Novice] - 6/10
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 am

NSS Station 7
Outside the NSS
Saturday Morning
6:41 AM CT

With ease, Epoch appears before the Destroyer Droid on the corner. Suddenly the droid springs to life, focusing on Epoch. It reaches out its right arm, three large steel claws stretching toward Epoch. Quickly, Epoch begins his dash North, knowing that two more bots await, just a few hundred feet ahead, he could see them clearly.

Looking back, he thinks hard of that energy of his, burning down his forearms and expelling itself from his palms and finger tips. As a distraction, he attempts to launch three energy blasts at the pursuing droid.

Epoch attempts the first shot, 1-8 it fails 9-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 9

Epoch attempts the second shot, 1-8 it fails 9-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 3

Epoch attempts the third, 1-8 it fails 9-10 success.

Skills
Teleportation [Alpha] - 5/20
Energy Blast [Novice] - 6/10
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:22 am

NSS Station 7
Outside the NSS
Saturday Morning
6:41 AM CT

His first blast was successful as it launched toward the head of the first droid. Sadly, it missed the eye of the droid and his the top of its chest, leaving a small singe and dent in its metal. Epoch was surprised, but also displeases that he was only partially successful. The droids may have been slow, and the shot may have slowed it more, but Epoch was an ant compared the the giant that kept close easily.

Epoch decided quickly that he ought to teleport between the next two. He hoped Aquilo was still doing well.

Epoch attempts to teleport between the next two droids on Oklahoma Ave. 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success.

If it fails, he tries again, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success.

If it fails, he tries again, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success.

Skills
Teleportation [Alpha] - 5/20
Energy Blast [Novice] - 7/10
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:38 am

Dr. Weird's Lab
5:47 AM

Steve's presence returned to Ike still standing and glaring. "Ike, your crepe is done." A tile opened in the wall and out extended 2 crepes on a plate. Ike twisted his head in the direction of the scent of freshly made crepes and dashed toward them, then slid the last bit to brake. Sniffing the air, Ike lifted the plate gracefully. "Ike, will you be joining the others for breakfast?" Ike's eyes open wide and slim, wide smile stretched across his face. "Sure, please direct me."

Ike following Steve's directions (or voice wherever it popped up) was lead to the room with Yilana and Twisted Fate. Ike stopped in the hallway and looked at them sitting at the titanium table across from each other. Perfect.

Putting the plate down, Ike armed himself; dual wielding the crepes.
"Ike what are you doing?"
"Testing myself and my allies...," Ike whispered.
"But what about your breakfast?"
"FOOL, I RUN ON THE POWER OF BOOZE!!!!" Ike shouted throwing the crepes at his allies.

(Roll for action: 1-4 Both react to crepes as they fly awkwardly thru the air; 5-7 crepes whiz by their heads making the jolt; 8-10 headshots!)

Last edited by Ike on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next