Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contrary Cohorts

2 posters

Go down

Contrary Cohorts Empty Contrary Cohorts

Post  Replicator Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Paris, France
UMC Headquarters, Equinox Sector
President’s Office
10:32:43 AM Central European Time

A thick haze of cigar smoke encompassed the large, dimly lit office. Extravagantly handcrafted bookshelves containing a vast multitude of books stood from floor to ceiling against the walls of the hexagonal shaped room. In the center of the room stood a large mahogany desk. Upon the desk sat a large, verdigris covered bust of Charles Darwin, a quote carved into the base. “The very essence of instinct is that it's followed independently of reason.”

A stout, weathered man sat behind the desk; Andraes Clausen, President of the Unified Mercenary Corps. Age showed in the long, grey strands of hair framing his granite eyes, both features seemingly cold as ice. To match, there was a silver scar that followed the left-most contour of his face, showing even more wear and tear to the worn figure. Beneath his black soviet trench coat was a reinforced carbon nanotube bodysuit, barely visible beneath the waistline of his buttoned-up jacket.

Andraes shifted his flustered gaze from a mission report to the man sitting on the opposite end of the desk.

“What the hell where you thinking, Keiran?!”

“I did what needed to be done. The target was too well guarded, and it was the only way I could take him out.”

Images flashed through Keirans’ mind.

5th floor, bullet proof windows, 25 armed guards, two standing sentry at the door.

“Shit, Keiran, do you know that over three hundred innocents where killed, an entire building leveled!”

Time-precision explosives placed on the northern support beams 1, 3, and 8.

“I hadn’t compensated for the weak structural integrity of the complex; my intent was only to collapse the northernmost section of the complex.”

Andraes jerked up from out of his chair, slamming his hands upon the desk.

“What you did was reckless! I know you are better than that, smarter than that!”
Keiran angrily mirrored his superior’s action.

“This is Marik we are talking about, we have been trying to eliminate him for eight years now, I made sure he didn’t survive!”

“I specifically told you to draw as little attention as possible, but I can see that not even my best operative can follow orders anymore. Furthermore, we haven’t been able to confirm if Marik was even killed.”

Keirans eye’s widened, an expression of shock encompassing his face.

“There’s no way he survived, I saw the building fall with my very eyes!”

“Would you be surprised if he did? Marik is a glorified mastermind- plus, his time with the UMC allowed him to always stay a step ahead of us.”

Nine years ago. Nine years ago he said ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’ as he put a bullet into my chest; that zealous look on his face and traitorous instinct in his eyes.

Keiran placed his hand upon his chest.

“He must be dead, he HAS to be dead.”

Andraes sighed, pulling out a fresh cigar and lighting up.

“Whether he is dead or not, I can’t let this happen again, effective immediately, you’re on rookie duty, I have assigned you to work with one of the newer operatives.”

Andraes pushed a manila envelope across his desk towards Keiran.

“Andraes, this is completely preposterous!”

Andraes’ face became red with anger, eyes wide with eyebrows furrowed and nostrils flared.

“I don’t give two shits what you think Keiran! Take your orders and get the hell out of my sight!”

Snatching up the envelope, Keiran stormed out of the office.
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Contrary Cohorts Empty Re: Contrary Cohorts

Post  Replicator Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Paris, France
UMC Headquarters, Zeal Sector
Dormitories
10:57:43 AM Central European Time

Keiran hastily shifted down the narrow dormitory hallway, paying little attention to the seemingly incessant chatter of the rookie mercenaries. He had remembered his time spent living in the Zeal Sector as a new recruit.

Room 439, the room was small, with a singular window overlooking the main courtyard...

Kieran’s reminiscing was cut short by a nerf dart to the back of the head, his icy gaze immediately shifting back towards the shooter.

“You should watch who you are shooting with that thing, rookie. You’re lucky I’m not like some of the other veteran mercs, you could have ended up on the floor bleeding from your eyes.”

A look of dread fell upon the rookie’s face as he caught a glance of the Equinox insignia woven onto Keiran’s vest.

“I.. I’m so sorry sir, I didn’t see your insignia!”

“Don’t worry about it, just watch yourself from now on.”

Bending over, Keiran snatched the dart up, inspected it and placed it into his pocket. Turning back around, Keiran continued his walk down the hallway; promptly opening the dossier he had been given.

Personal Information

Name: Tobias James Pruett

Sex: Male

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 160 lbs

Body Type: Average

Eye Color: Grey

Hair Color: Pink

Powers

Shapeshifter

Living Arrangements

Zeal Sector

Floor 4

Room 440

The case file continued, listing information on origin, criminal record, and various personal information.

Keiran halted in front of room 440, immediately hearing the sound of music blaring from the opposite end of the door. Raising a clenched fist to the heavy wooden entryway, Keiran took a deep breath.

“Here goes nothing.”
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:01 AM Central European Time

It was like being underwater.

The song surrounded his entirety, waves of wubwubwub washing over him as he closed his eyes.

Enjoying the small amount of serenity two minutes in to Reptile, the male set his 3DS down on his desk so that his hands would be free. They began to move around, jellyfish-like at first before becoming more robotic as the bass and percussion returned.

Spinning his chair around, the young man let the music drag him from his office chair onto the dance floor. With the drop, he was suddenly a mess of limbs as he flung his arms and legs about in time to the beat. Funky as the freeform was, the guy didn’t seem to mind. Though there was no audience, he pretended there was. No longer was he in the confines of his small room; images of strobes and black lights filled his mind instead.

The imaginative stage and crowd that he had conjured up disappeared as a knock broke his trance.

Running a hand through his unkempt hair, the male meandered towards the intrusion’s origin, Skrillex still booming in the background.

“I wonder who’d be bothering me this early.” He yawned, reaching for the door knob.

--------------------------------------

Skills:
Shapeshift – (Alpha Class – 0/20)
Symbiosis – (Novice Class – 0/10)
Durability – (Passive)

Last edited by Ditto on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Paris, France
Dormitories
11:01:32 AM Central European Time

The heavy wooden door swung open with great force, a young shirtless male standing in the doorway. A wide grin stretched across the youth’s face, unkempt hair masking his eyes.

Great, you’re going to owe me big time Andraes.

Keiran fixed his gaze upon the kid, eye twitching slightly.

“Tobias Pruett I presume?”
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:59 am

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:02 AM Central European Time

The unknown man at the door stood almost half a foot taller than the younger male, intimidating coffee-colored eyes seeming to gauge his every move. Habitually, the shirtless boy’s piano-player fingers raked through his pink hair, pulling it out of his face so that his equally monotone eyes could pierce back into the orbs of the intruder.

Tobias gave a friendly (though not entirely innocent) smile “This guy looks uptight- all the better for trolling.” Thought the fuchsia-haired boy.

“Tobias? Nope. Not me.” He responded cheerily to his dark-clad visitor. As expected, the frustrated man glanced over the documents in his hands. The moment this happened, Toby took the liberty to prepare the punch-line of his prank: transforming into the most awkward animal he had in his arsenal.

Almost instantaneously, his nose exploded outward as his spine sprouted from his backside, hair tufting out from the end of it. Tobias fell forward onto his hands as they changed from flesh to hooves. No more than a second had passed before he stood on all fours as a tall, quarter horse. His eyes had trouble focusing on the face of the person being pranked, due to their proximity. Not wanting to miss the victim’s expression, he took a step back, the clip clop of his hooves on tiled floor guaranteed to grab the man’s attention again.

Skills:
Shapeshift – (Alpha Class – 3/20)
Durability – (Passive)

Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:02:26 AM Central European Time

An expression of disinterested frustration fell upon Keirans’ face as he slowly shifted his gaze from the dossier to Tobias. One quality had remained the same through the morph, Tobias’ smile. There he stood, on all fours with a ridiculous toothy horse grin and dopey eyes fixed upon Keiran.

“Yes yes, you’re a shape shifter. I’m sure you must think you're hilarious, but I really don’t have the time for foolish shenanigans.”

________________________________________________________________________________

Power Replication [Alpha]-3/20
Power Identification(Passive)
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:03 AM Central European Time

“Oooo, major cock-block. So much for my ‘shenanigans’.” Mumbled Toby to himself. “If only I had a more interesting animal I could transform into.”

Looking Mr. Dark and Gloomy over again, the horse took note of the emblem etched onto the man’s chest. If the lack of witty comebacks wasn’t enough to stop Tobias from continuing his joke, the man’s rank was enough to halt further mischief.

Quickly returning to his human form, he offered his hand respectfully, easing up on his grin. “I prefer Toby, if you don’t mind. Or Ditto, if you really want to get ‘wild’.” Said the shapeshifter; Mentally rolling his eyes, of course. “And you are…?”

Skills:
Durability – (Passive)

Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:03:34 AM Central European Time

Keiran outstretched his hand towards the youths, firmly grasping it. Suddenly, a vivid multitude of images filled his mind. There where human forms seamlessly morphing into animalistic shapes; two individuals gracefully dancing with one another, slowly becoming a singular being.

Keiran focused his gaze upon the boy’s face, retaining his grip on Tobias’ hand.

Keiran attempts to use Alpha Skill Power Replication to take Tobias’ Shapeshift, (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Succeed)

Random number (1,10) : 10

Keiran attempts to use Alpha Skill Power Replication to take Tobias’ Symbiosis, (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Succeed)

Random number (1,10) : 3

Keiran attempts to use Alpha Skill Power Replication to take Tobias’ Durability, (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Succeed)

Random number (1,10) : 3

“Keiran Vierce, It seems I have been assigned to train you under President Clausens’ direct orders.”
________________________________________________________________________________

Power Replication [Alpha]-3/20
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:55 am

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:03 AM Central European Time

“Train me, huh?” Tobias snickered, stifling a chuckle. Noting the firm handshake, he thought to himself, “I bet this guy wants to show me a thing or two about being a MAN. Thanks for the help, Prez Clausen. My hair’s going to stay pink, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

Cutting the imaginary conversation with Clausen short, he turned his attention back to Keiran. “Well, I don’t know what you’re going to teach me, Gramps; but if this deal is set in stone, there’s not much I can do about it.” Yawned the young male, ruffling his shoulder-length locks.

“If you’re interested in the tour of my room though, those start at one o clock, and occur on the hour thereafter.” Chided Toby, a smile still plastered on his face.

Skills:
Durability – (Passive)

Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:04 AM Central European Time

Eyelids slowly settling down upon his icy eyes, annoyance fell upon Keiran’s somber expression.
I hint of sarcasm bled into Keiran’s tone of voice.

“I can see that you’re as enthusiastic to work with me as I am with you.”

With a slight nudge, Keiran pushed his way past Tobias and into his room.

“Now if you’re done screwing around maybe we can accomplish something meaningful.”

Keiran craned his head around towards Tobias, holding up a manila envelope.

“In this envelope is our assignment.”

With luck I can wrap this up quick and be rid of this rookie.

Power Replication [Alpha]-4/20
Shapeshift [Novice]-0/10
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 am

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:05 AM Central European Time

It was all he could do to not stick his tongue out at Keiran as he turned his back to Tobias, pushing past and entering his room. By this time, Skrillex had been replaced with the one of his favorite anime music videos.

As awkward as the lyrics were, Ditto seemed to pay them no mind. Instead, he went straight for his 3DS, grabbing the red handheld device and flipping it open before he addressed his ‘guest’.

“So, what’s the skinny? We going to Disneyland or what?” inquired the young man, eyes fixated on the screen of his game as his fingers madly mashed buttons.

Skills:
Durability – (Passive)

Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:05 AM Central European Time

Being thrown off kilter by the ridiculous music for only a moment, Keiran broke his cold gaze upon the insufferable youth to scan the small room.

A twin sized bed took up the far left-most corner of the room; standing adjacent to it was a large computer desk covering nearly half of the singular small window. Music and video game posters encompassed nearly the entirety of the walls of the small space. Overall, the room was quite tidy with the exception of a heaping mass of clothes shoved halfway into the small dorm closet.

Refocusing his sight upon the youth, Keiran scoffed as he opened the mission envelope, baffled by Tobias’ complete disregard for the matter at hand.

“You really are impossible aren’t you?”

Before Tobias could even slip out response, Keiran let out an irate inward sigh as he quickly scanned the mission briefing.

“Sorry to burst your bubble kid, but it looks like we are going to Germany.”

Shapeshift [Novice]-0/10

Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:06 AM Central European Time

“I’m not a big fan of frankfurters.” said the pink haired youth, closing his handheld system before slipping it into his pants pocket. Walking over to his desk, he quickly yanked a shirt out of the top drawer and proceeded to pull it over his head.

“In all honesty, I wouldn’t mind some coffee though. Want to swing by the cafeteria for some java?” inquired Toby, letting his previous prankster attitude fall to the side. Their assignment out of the country would be his first time on an actual ‘mission’, with paperwork and everything.

Trolling was fun, but part of him wanted to treat the situation seriously. And perhaps his new partner wouldn’t be too bad.

Skills:
Shapeshift – (Alpha Class – 0/10)
Durability – (Passive)

Last edited by Ditto on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:27 am

Paris, France
Dormitories, Room 440
11:06 AM Central European Time

Shrugging in response to Tobias’ suggestion, Keiran refocused his icy gaze upon the now fully clothed youth.

“Well, that may just be the first intelligent thing I have heard spout from your mouth. Coffee actually sounds great right now.”

Wanting to escape the reminiscent claustrophobia of the small room, Keiran began to pace towards the doorway. Beckoning Tobias to follow with a nod, he continued out into the hall.

“We better make haste though, our departure to Munich is less than an hour away.”

As Keiran was walking, odd electrical impulses suddenly ran through his fingers. This strange anomaly had been occurring progressively more often over the past few months. Whether it was a byproduct of his abilities or something completely different, he could not be sure. All he knew for sure was that the feeling was exhilarating; it was as if his body was being super-charged for brief intervals of time.
Shapeshift [Novice]-0/10
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Paris, France
Dormitory Hallway
11:07 AM Central European Time

Ditto didn’t seem to have an option in following his new comrade: the man was halfway down the hallway before he could even close his door. Though naturally laid back, Toby was not about to play ‘follow the leader’. Hurrying after Keiran’s quick footsteps, the young male caught up and took up the position beside his partner.

Using his peripherals, Tobias eyed the older guy again as they walked in silence towards the commons area. Keiran’s profile seemed to be carved out of stone, save for the small twitch of a smirk (or grimace) threatening to pull at his lips. That face accompanied with the slight convulsions his large hands seemed to be going through started to make Toby wonder if he had been assigned to work with some sort of schizophrenic or sociopath.

Tossing his overactive imagination aside though, the shape shifter tucked his hands into his pockets and continued walking casually.

Skills:
Durability – (Passive)

Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Paris, France
UMC Headquarters, Cafeteria
11:13 AM Central European Time

The silence of the previously somber hallways was duly shattered as the unusual pair entered the cafeteria. Sounds of unruly rookies resonated throughout the high set walls of the massive food court, drowning out the low murmurs of the veterans’ usual discontent. Bright light filtered down from the high set glass roof of the space, reflecting off of the water flowing from a large statuesque fountain situated in the center of the room.

Keiran and Tobias slowly made their way through the heavy flow of lunch break rush, eventually arriving at the coffee stand. To Keiran’s dismay, there was a small line of other’s also in need of a caffeine fix. Swallowing his pride, Keiran glanced back at his unusual companion.

“So Tobias, tell me a little about yourself. If I’m going to be working with you, I’d like to know what possible oddities to expect.”

Oh, have I seen some odd individuals in my days.

Shapeshift [Novice]-0/10
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:50 am

Paris, France
Cuppa Joe (Coffee Stand)
11:14 AM Central European Time

“Possible oddities… Well, my hair’s pink. In case you hadn’t noticed.” Responded Toby, unable to help himself for a moment.

“I’m of drinking age, my life’s ambition was to be a hacker once, and I tore a library to shreds as a mountain lion. Other than that, my record’s clean.” He stated nonchalantly.

“And yourself…? Any skeletons in the closet or loose change in your pockets?” Toby gave out a yawn as the line shifted forward.

Skills:
Durability – (Passive)

Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Paris, France
Cuppa Joe (Coffee Stand)
11:14 AM Central European Time

Flashbacks of Keiran’s past channeled through his mind, reminding him of some of the malicious acts he had enacted in his time with the UMC.

Don’t ask questions and don’t let anyone stand in the way of the mission Marik said as he put a bullet into an innocent woman’s head.

“Only the universe can forgive me now,” I spoke as I let an entire city be reduced to ashes, and to think it was all to eliminate one man. The echoes of their screams rapturing through my mind.

Keiran glanced towards Tobias as he flashed back into reality.

“Nothing I wish to speak of. I will however tell you of my abilities as it would be important that you are aware of them. With the touch of my hand I am able to replicate any endowed individuals powers. In fact, I already have the ability to shapeshift as you do.”

Keiran was suddenly cut off as a short fat barista demanded his order.

“I’ll take an large iced mocha, and make sure to add four extra shots please.”

The barista quickly shouted the order to her assistant. A smug look ran across her face as she violently turned her head towards Tobias.

“What about you Pinky?!”

Shapeshift [Novice]-0/10
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ditto Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Paris, France
Cuppa Joe (Coffee Stand)
11:16 AM Central European Time

Tobias didn’t even bat an eye at the woman who demanded his order, nor at the list of available drinks on the menu.

“An iced white mocha for me, deary, with an extra pump of white chocolate.” He asked before slipping to the opposite end of the coffee shop where the drinks were handed out. Despite the busy lunch hour, Cuppa Joe’s service was fast. Toby quickly snatched his and Keiran’s coffee from the male assistant, repaying him with a cheery smile and a wink.

Handing the darker drink to his companion, Ditto began taking long drags off of his straw. It was almost gone by the time they had made it out of the cafeteria.

The thought of the old man beside him taking his powers was a bit off-putting… but at the same time, he couldn’t say the situation was bad. It actually made him feel important; this pairing with someone who didn’t really have powers of his own.

Side by side, they quickly made their way to the hanger in silence… save for the sound of Toby using his straw as a sort of kazoo.

Skills:
Durability – (Passive)

Ditto
Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post  Replicator Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Paris, France
UMC Headquarters, Terminus Sector
Hangar 3
11:23 AM Central European Time

*Zoot Zoot Zoot!*

Keiran’s eye began to twitch in annoyance to the irritating sound coming from Tobias’ straw.
“Would you cut out that noise you incredulous fool.”

A rugged, older aged mechanic suddenly hopped down from one of the UMC jets making his way towards the two. Oiled stained his dark grey mechanic jumpsuit. Patched on the front of the suit was a nametag, Gale. His hair was short and oily with many strands of grey and glasses sat low on the bridge of his nose. The man’s eyes where a faded icy bluish grey, reflecting his grizzled age.

“Hey there Keiran! I hear the boss bit your ass pretty hard after your last mission. I see he set you up with a fresh rookie, care to introduce me?”

“Can’t ever just let me get to my missions can you Gale; but if you must know, this is Tobias.”

“Well isn’t that cute, boss set ya up with a cute little lesbian huh?”

A smug look fell upon Tobias face as he prepared a witty response to the insult. Keiran spoke in frustration, cutting Tobias off before he could speak.

“Shut it Gale, just get us to our jet so we can be off.”

“Ahhh alright, come right this way and I’ll get you lovebirds off and running.”

After a short walk, the three arrive at a small two man jet. The harrier design jet was small and compact, enabling it to get in and out of places with great ease. Across the sides of the jet was the Equinox Insignia, representative of a vessel exclusive to the veteran mercenaries. With a smirk, Gale slid his hand along the sleek planes wing.

“Just got these babies in today, brand new VR-800’s; five million euros of pure velocity. Consider yourself lucky, you’re the first two to try them out.”

Keiran and Tobias climbed up the short ladder and fastened themselves snugly into the cockpit.

“Alright, auto pilot is all set up. You two should be set to go! Don’t have too much fun in Munich!”

The jets of the vessel roared to life, drowning out all other sound. Tobias pulled down on his eyelid and stuck his tongue out at Gale as the jet shifted out the hangar garage.

It was only moments until the two where in flight over France, en route to Munich, Germany. Keiran could only imagine what awaited them in such an unexpected destination.

Shapeshift [Novice]-0/10
Replicator
Replicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum