Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cold Slumber

Go down

A Cold Slumber Empty A Cold Slumber

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 am

The bus rattled and came to a stop.

Akvo roused from his sleep.

“Huh, what’s going on?” he asks straightening his coat.

“I don’t know, the Texas Highway Patrol is trying to get me to pull over. I was going five under what could they possibly want? Who are you? You ain’t a murderer or something?” the bus attendant looked scared as he pulled over.

"Huh, where am I?" Akvo asked.

"You trying to be funny, kid? You're on a greyhound heading for Lawton." says the suddenly angered attendant.

"What? No... this isn't right." Akvo shakes his head.

"What ain't right? Here they come, don't try any funny business."

Akvo's feet carry him to the nearest window, he rears his arm back and launches it towards the window.

Just before impact his fist becomes encased in ice. The window shatters.

"What in blazes?" remarks the attendant.

"Now you know how I feel..." Akvo

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 7/50
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 2/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 3/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

A Cold Slumber Empty Re: A Cold Slumber

Post  Akvo Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:16 am

Three abnormally large men enter the vehicle. Their skin is as black as pitch and they had a mouth full of teeth that were large, stuck out at odd ends and looked sharper than knives.

Akvo blinked and the highway patrolmen came into focus. They weren't the large creatures he thought he had seen.

"Easy kid," one of the patrolmen said as Akvo backed towards the other side of the bus.

But all Akvo heard was a low guttural noise. He blinked again and the misshapen humanoids became clear.

"Get away!" he shouted as he raised his hands at the creatures.
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles at the Patrol Creature 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 4
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles aimed at the next livingPatrol Creature 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 6
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles aimed at the next livingPatrol Creature 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 7/50

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Two of the patrolmen fall to the ground, icicles clean through their skulls.

Akvo watches as two of the great beasts collapse, the third raising it's hand.

The third patrolmen raises his gun and shouts for Akvo to get down on the ground

The lumbering mass of of darkness roars deafeningly and Akvo attempts to make a sphere of ice for protection.

Akvo rolls to use Alpha Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to fashion a sphere to protect from gunshots 1-5 is a failure 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 10

Akvo rolls to use Alpha Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to fashion a sphere to protect from gunshots 1-5 is a failure 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 9

If any of the Alpha Skill rolls are successful Akvo attempts to to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles at the Patrol Creature 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 3
[i]If any of the Alpha Skill rolls are successful Akvo attempts to to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles at the Patrol Creature 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.

[i]If NONE of the Alpha Skill rolls are successful Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the Patrol Creature 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 2
[i]If NONE of the Alpha Skill rolls are successful Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the Patrol Creature 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

[i]Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 9/30

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Akvo forms an ice sphere and emboldens it with a second layer.

"That should keep it out." he said.

The giant beast shoots a black viscous substance at the sphere and it begins melting the ice. It then punches a massive fist through the ball and grabs Akvo further shattering the ice ball.

It launches Akvo out of the bus and he falls into Lake Helen. It takes an impressive leap into the water after him.

Just before the horror lays into him he attempts to assault it.

Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the Patrol Creature 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the Patrol Creature 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Skills
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 4/20

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:00 am

The beast is frozen solid with one of Akvo's beams.

Suddenly a lithe agile shadow streaks into vision followed by a dense swirling blackness the size of a baby whale.

The streak darts around doing little to damage Akvo but plenty to confuse and distract him. Forcing him into the water.

The elephantine void trudges forward extending appendages comparable to a sedan. Akvo attempts to take the offensive by firing freeze beams at the new foes.

Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the hulking shadow 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 8

Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the hulking shadow 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Random number (1,10) : 1

Skills
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 4/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Two of the freeze beams fail and the third misses.

The shambling abysm begins pawing at Akvo's face each swipe causing him tremendous pain. The slender one stood by mockingly as Akvo screamed in agony.

The colossus then began pounding down on his chest. His lungs felt as though they were tearing apart.

I can't let this thing kill me. I've gone through too much.

Akvo closes his mouth and concentrates, attempting to fire ice from every part of his body.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 pm

The pain is just too much... I can't do it.

The giant knocks the wind out of Akvo and he is on the brink of passing out.

I have to try again...
Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the hulking and nimble shadows 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the hulking and nimble shadows 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Random number (1,10) : 1

Random number (1,10) : 5

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 pm

A beam two feet in diameter shoots out of Akvo's chest engulfing the shadow giant.

"My second wind is here, and it's a cold one." Said Akvo as he turned towards the slender adumbration.

He lifted his hand towards it.

Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the nimble shadow 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Akvo attempts to to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the nimble shadow 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Skills
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 5/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:22 pm

The willowy shadow creature vibrates slightly almost as if a dark chortle were emanating from it.

Akvo looks at his hand in disbelief.

Why am I failing? No I can't show weakness

He looks up and the sylphlike monstrosity is missing. He looks around to no avail.

"Awh what the hell now..." He says incredulously.

The shadow creature forms in front of Akvo and vibrates again before launching a barrage of punches.

Akvo easily dodges all of them, grabs his shadow assailant and then tosses him to the ground.

"Your time is up." Akvo says before raising his hand again towards the beast.
Random number (1,10) : 7

Skills

[i]
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

All of the attempts fail and the shadow vibrates again before kicking Akvo's legs out from under him. Akvo falls to the ground hard and the dark beast drops its knee onto Akvo's chest.

I refuse to be defeated by this black plague.

Akvo grabs the foot of the shadow and pulls himself up while offsetting the shadow's balance. The shadow adjusts quickly but Akvo has already twisted its arm behind its back. He puts his hand up the head of the creature.

"No amount of dodging will help you escape this cold." Akvo said.

Akvo attempts to to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles at the Nimble Shadow 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Akvo attempts to to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles at the Nimble Shadow 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:39 pm

The shadow falls to the ground and Akvo breathes deeply, closing his eyes.

Akvo opens his eyes and finds himself in a helicopter with an IV stuck in his arm.

Akvo blinks.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down