Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Phoenix Rises

Go down

A Phoenix Rises Empty A Phoenix Rises

Post  Sol Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:26 am

NSS Station 13
New York, New York
8:00 AM

The lights clicked on with a slight hum.

"8:00 AM already... Time to go."

Sol get up from his bed and headed for the door, a slight woosh sound was heard as it opened into the hall.

He had 15 minutes before the scheduled drop time, and blending in doesn't work so well for a virtual walking sun. So the roof it was.

8:07 AM

Laying comfortably on the roof of an old warehouse Sol's mind began to wander to a familiar subject. A normal life, the one he didn't have. But this was no time for wandering thoughts.

And just then an SUV turned the corner two men got out one with a weapon, 1 carrying a large silver briefcase. The product no doubt, according to the mission intel, it was some new drug that had been used in rare cases to give extraordinary energy to individuals, but this stuff was so diluted and cut in with other drugs it was nothing more than a high. Pathetic, cashing in on ruined lives.

Another SUV pulled around the opposite corner, 2 men got out carrying cases, presumably full of money, or else this transaction is about to take a turn for the worst. The men met in between the two vehicles and started negotiating.

"Showtime." Sol stood up throwing his parka to the ground.

"Let's see how these SUVs handle some heat..."

Sol uses alpha skill Solar Beam to pop the driver side tire of the first SUV. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 6

Sol uses alpha skill Solar Beam to pop the driver side tire of the first SUV. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 1

Random number (1,10) : 6
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

A Phoenix Rises Empty Re: A Phoenix Rises

Post  Sol Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:04 am

New York, New York
Industrial Parks
8:09 AM

A thin red beam emanates from Sol's palm and heats the tire, which is visibly beginning to melt. The rubber gives way and POP! The four men jump and look around at each other, thinking one of them had shot at one another.

"Here's my favorite part..."

The men began yelling and holding their weapons in each others faces.

Sol leaped from the building to the ground, picking up speed and running towards the men.

"SOLLAAAARR FLAAAARE!!!" the men quit fighting amongst themselves and turned to sol.

Sol uses novice skill Solar Flare to blind the men 1-8 fail, 9-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 7

Random number (1,10) : 10

Random number (1,10) : 10

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:19 am

New York, New York
Industrial Parks
8:11 AM

Sol felt the energy flow through him, as he puts a foot in front of the other, charging the men. His mind is calm, his heartbeat is steady. He closes his eyes for a brief moment, and when he opens them as a blast of white light fills the surrounding area.

I've got 5 seconds before they recover... I have to be fast.

The mens hands try to shield their eyes as drop the cases, one firing wildly with a machine gun.

Sol sprints forward, nearly upon them.

Five.

He slides on his feet stopping in reach of the cases, grabbing hold of the handles.

Four.

Turning back to the men, Sol wields the cases as clubs and heaves the cases overhead and down onto the chest of the man firing wildly. He fell to the ground in a pile.

Three.

Sol sprints towards the street, feeling the thud of each step.

Two.

The men howling out in anger behind him. The street wasn't far now, another few steps.

One.

The men had finally cleared their eyes, pulling their weapons to their shoulder and holding down the trigger firing round after round of armor piercing bullets.

"WE'LL GET YOU HERO!! YOU HEAR ME!!?"

A smirk erupted onto Sol's face.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:03 am

NSS Station 13
New York, New York
8:21 AM

Returning to the station Sol stopped by the guard office to drop off the briefcases.

"Jim.", Sol said in a stern voice.

"Mornin' Sol. What've you brought me today?"

"Some drugs and probably a good chunk of money. See it taken care of for me."

"Consider it done, Sol."

Sol walked away without a word. Now, to figure out why they sent me and not some recruit.

Entering a large lobby Sol walked up to the receptionist, a larger woman who wasn't particularly fond of Sol. But that was of little concern to him.

"I need to speak with him. Briefly, I know he's a busy man."

"I understand that Sol, however you can't just come in here and demand to see him whenever you like."

The massive doors to his office opened, "Dolores, why do you always gotta give my heroes such a hard time? Sol, please, come and have a seat."

His office was a place filled with artifacts, and rarities. He had a taste for history.

"Sir, I carried out my mission as directed. The drugs will never reach the market. I do have one question though."

"Ahh... why did I send you? Well, truth is I didn't want you getting hurt before being transferred." He turned his back, and reached for a glass and a few ice cubes from the nearby table.

"Tran..transferred?" Sol sat forward in his chair lacing his fingers together.

"Yep, one of our strike forces is in need of a new member. You're it." He removed the stopper to a fancy bottle, pouring some of the liquid into the glass.

"Sir... I.. strike force? You want me on a team? I work best alone..." his voice stammering as the information began to sink in.

"They need someone with some experience, some skill. You're the guy. And besides, we've spotted a group of... somewhat nefarious men in the area." Swirling the drink around, taking a small whiff, and sipping on its contents.

"You mean villains... Did they kill the man I'm replacing?" The flaming orbs within his eyes taking on a bluish hue.

"That's why I like you. Always to the point. And no, he's leaving of his own accord. His name is Changeling, he wielded powerful masks granting him extraordinary abilities. A damn shame, he had potential, but he couldn't keep his past out of the equation. He's leaving for personal reasons, indefinitely."

"I see, so this would be a permanent placement."

"Indeed it would be, you would fight with your team until either you, or they died."

Sol stood up, placing his hands behind his back. "When do I leave?"

"You leave now, If you like. I've arranged a private jet. Good luck Sol, and do me a favor."

"Sir?"

"If you run into a goofy scientist type, knock 'em around a bit for me." downing the remaining portion of his drink and setting it on his desk.

With a nod and a final statement, "It would be my pleasure Commander."

Closing the doors behind himself, he quickly returned to his room to pack what little he owned.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:35 am

John F Kennedy Air Port
New York City, New York
8:41 AM

Nothing like riding in a windowless, black suv. Gotta stay under the radar I suppose.

The vehicle slowed as it neared the tarmac, a small jet awaiting Sol's arrival. "Here we are Sol. Good luck in Oklahoma." the driver said, glancing briefly at Sol.

"Thanks." Closing the door softly. He began walking to the jet, the pilot and copilot waiting at the stairs.

"Welcome Sol, been eager to meet you. On board we've got a bay prepared for you. Can't be too safe these days, the FSA doesn't like us flying around with supers to begin with. And a solar powerhouse is definitely a no no, so the bay will mask any trace of your presence."

"Great, another box. Why didn't Ra teach me to fly..."

Entering the small jet Sol met a young woman, a flight attendant obviously.

"He..Hello sol, I will be your flight attendant for today. Anything you need just let me know and I'll be sure to get it to you right away." Her gaze drifted to a small porthole into the bay. Pulling out all the stops now aren't they.

"I didn't catch your name..." taking a moment to look for a name tag, "Beatrice huh?"

She visibly slumped a little at the mention of her name, "Yeah, I don't like it either..."

"No, it's beautiful. It makes you unique." Sol said with a slight smirk.

Her face brightening up, "Really? You think so?"

"BEATRICE! Get Sol into the bay, we're almost finished with the preflight check." The pilot barked back into the cabin.

"Oh uh, may I take your..eh... coat? Not a whole lot of room to maneuver in there."

"Ahh.. yeah. I suppose. It's actually a thermo-negation suit, you'll see what I mean in a second." Pulling the suit over his head, the cabin jumped 15 degrees higher instantly.

Beatrice visibly shocked at the sudden change in temperature. "Just uh... pull that lever and have a seat." Wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead, whether it was caused by the heat or by Sol's light flirting remained unknown.

The door creaked open revealing a jet black seat made of some material Sol had never encountered.

"Heat treated?" Sol asked pawing the seat.

"uh... I'm honestly not sure. Listen, you need to close the door before we take off to ensure the bay is secured." Still blushing slightly.

"Don't worry about me. You get yourself a drink, you look like you need it. I'll be resting."

Pulling the door closed with a thunk, Sol leaned back, the chair slowly leaning back into a lying position, while automatic shades were drawn.

Wow... pulled out all the stops.

Within minutes he was drifting off, he caught only part of the captain's announcement before succumbing to sleep,

"Flight 452 preparing to take off, en route to Oklahoma City, OK, flight time about 3 hou..."

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the auburn haired Beatrice trying to sneak a peek. A smile crept onto his face.

Soon Sol slipped into sleep, soothing embers welcoming him to a place of peace, and relaxation.
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum