Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4) Arc 2: State of Emergency (PVP)

+9
Yilana
Sol
Umbral
Twisted Fate
Akvo
Dr. Weird
Skylar Raige
Epoch
Noah the Arc Bearer
13 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

4) Arc 2: State of Emergency (PVP) - Page 9 Empty Re: 4) Arc 2: State of Emergency (PVP)

Post  Epoch Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
President Jackson's Office
7:34 PM GMT

Epoch tried his best to keep quiet, but the whole day had been taxing on his body, will, ego and motivation. Not to mention the grumbling in his stomach from the lack of food since he had saved Teaghan. He couldn't keep quiet, Frost Raptor had basically declared that his problems were a petty mistake and that he wanted free cleansing and a turn around.

"No, this is bullshit," Epoch started, knowing he could be in serious trouble for interloping, "I don't think that, under any circumstance, should we flip a switch on Frost Raptor. He did all of these things so heartlessly. We should at least toss him in the cells and let him sit for a while." Even Epoch couldn't believe what had just come out of his mouth, he was always against the cells more now than ever.

"You don't have a choice in this matter, kid," President Jackson shot, rather accommodatingly, "Yes, you've had a terrible day, and an unfortunate chain of events has unfurled thanks to your ass. But your ass is lucky, you do your job and you keep your mouth shut and I keep you safe. You've got a lot of learning to do, before we could ever consider you a professional. We've still got a call to the White House to make over your whereabouts since you did the right thing and refused to turn yourself in."

Epoch swallowed, "I'm sorry, sir."

"Of course you are," Jackson laughed, "just be happy that we are willing to protect your little girlfriend too. So just sit back and chill a minute man. Just chill." He returned his gaze to Frost Raptor, "Speaking of chill, I got to tell you exactly what we're going to do with your holly jolly ass, Chilly Willy." President Jackson relaxed a little and folded his fingers together.

"Your ass is red hot right now," Jackson started, "We're expected to lock you up in one of our fancy little cells, against usual procedure. Like I said, I don't entirely want to wipe you, and our friendly president of these here United States wants your sweet ass more than anything. And I agree, you probably should be locked up, and contained, however the NSS needs you now and this is where your compliance is important if you want to secure yourself a happy, prosperous future." President Jackson spun in his chair and stood up.

"If you cherish your life and your powers, you will have to become a pawn in a little spat that we've got going on, thanks to our friend Darren here," he gestured to Epoch, "Obama wants your ass, to harvest your DNA and then to pull the string and have you six feet under before morning. He thinks that we will just bend over backwards and let them waltz right in here and take you out. As our pawn, you'll be my nigga. That or lose your powers and face a cold prison cell. If you take this offer, we'll arrange you with a room, near my own living quarters since you and I are gonna be real good friends. You'll be our guest as long as you do what I say and bend over every time I ask. Do this and we can work out a deal."

Little to Epoch or Akvo's attention, Professor Quantum and the oddly dressed Teagan Grace had entered the room and now stood in the doorway, "We are here for the phone call, Mr. Jackson," Quantum said coldly.

"Come in, come in," Jackson gestured warmly, as if he had planned the whole thing, "Let the lady take a seat. We'll make the call as soon as we get a decision out of Frosty."

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Alpha] - 4/20
Energy Blast [Novice] - 6/10
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

4) Arc 2: State of Emergency (PVP) - Page 9 Empty Re: 4) Arc 2: State of Emergency (PVP)

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Dr. Weirds Lab in the Badlands
7:11:38 P.M. MT

Dr. Weird had just arrived at his lab’s entrance with a cloud of dirt flying up around him.

“That… was… AWSOME. From now on that is my preferred method of travel HAHA. Oh that’s right.” He paused to examine his droids who managed to hang on for the trip. “GOOD, YOU ALL MADE IT BACK, why don’t you all go back and get a buff and a tune up as well you did me proud today.”

“Welcome back sir,” Steve’s voice echoed through the open door. “I gather that Frost Raptor declined your offer then?”

“NO, THAT FROZEN ASSHOLE TURNED ME DOWN THEN FAD THE FUCKING NERVE TO SHOOT AT ME. I got the feeling no matter what I offered he was going to turn me down, waste of my time.” As the SR388’s went back into the rusted building Dr. Weird noticed the dyeing glow of the wreckage on the distance. Moving his pod into the hangar Dr. Weird then shouted, “STEVE WHY THE HELL IS THAT STILL OUT THERE, SEND A CLEAN UP TEAM NOW!!!”

“Right away sir.” With that an automated truck went barreling out to the direction of the downed military choppers.

“WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY?”

“Ike is still in the trailer drinking, and Yilana and Dr. Takeshi are at a dinner.”

“I see, Steve we need to work something out here for lodging and food for our new friends.”

Dr. Wierds Lab
7:31:08 P.M. MT

Dr. Weird dropped down into his custom Lazyboy in his monitoring room just after removing the bullet from his shoulder and fixing up the wound. A service droid had come up to him with four cans of Throwback. He cracked one open and began drinking it as he waked the news of today’s events unfold. They had just shown the bank blowing up again focusing on the heroes who just ran out. “I wonder what you are doing right now Arctic Rat.” He then pulls the rage out of his pocket and focuses in on his target.

(Dr. Weird attempts to Scry Akvo 1-8 FAIL, 9-10 SUCCESS)
Random number (1,10) : 10

Random number (1,10) : 4

(If the Scry is a success roll for target 1-5 Akvo, 6-10 the bandage factory)
Random number (1,10) : 6

________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Novice] – 8/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 pm

7:31:03 P.M. MT

His vision blurred out again and focused in on the facility where the gauze had come from.

“OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS AGAIN,” Dr. Weird threw the empty can off to the side as a laser blast from the ceiling taking care of it.

His eyesight returned to him as the news broadcast showed him flying off with his droids in tail. Thinking to himself he should try it one more time. Now squeezing the rag as hard as he could and focusing on a mental image of Akvo he attempts to scry again.

(Dr. Weird attempts to Scry Akvo 1-8 FAIL, 9-10 SUCCESS)
Random number (1,10) : 2

Random number (1,10) : 10

Random number (1,10) : 3

(If the Scry is a success roll for target 1-5 Akvo, 6-10 the bandage factory)
Random number (1,10) : 9
________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 9/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:53 pm

7:32:45 P.M. MT

His vision blurred out again and focused in on the empty facility where the gauze had come from which had closed for the day.

“Why must I constantly see this place,” He sank deeper in his chair. A moment passes and he is brought back to his chair. “Today fucking sucks, I am definitely not use to all this commotion. “ Dr. Weird yawns, “I think I need to work on this sleep thing I heard so much about.” The last images he saw before he passed out was the bank exploding again and a smile creeped across his face.

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 10/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 am

Rest Stop
7:38:39 P.M.

Skylar barely dodges bot 2’s stun attack while bot 5 completely misses. He attempts his stomping motion one more time as bot 1,3, and 4 get up off of the ground.

Skylar rolls to use Earthquake (1-8 Fail, 9-10 Success)

Skylar then jumps back to avoid anything else that may be coming at him. He notices how the three bots have cracks in them already, he knows a roar will hurt them decently. He glances over to the guard before letting his roar rip.

Roll for guard (1-3 he is on ground in pain, 4-7 gets up in pain, 8-10 he is up and un injured now)

Skylar rolls to use Raging Roar (1-5 Fail, 6-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 8
Random number (1,10) : 7
-----------------------------------------------
Raging Roar (Alpha) – (12/20)
Seismic Clap (Alpha) – (3/20)
Earthquake (Novice) – (0/10)
Richter Resonance (Passive)

Tased -1
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
7:36 PM GMT

"First of all," Said Akvo, turning towards Epoch "Fuck you. Yeah, fuck you you two faced piece of shit. You come to me spouting off about freedom and liberty, wasn't it something along the lines of 'Each living thing has the right to live and decide its own future'? Forgive me if I'm paraphrasing but your stupid glory speech about special people having rights was what made me come with you. Now you're saying I'm heartless and should be locked in a cell forever, because I'm too evil and stupid to make my own decisions. So again, I say fuck you. You just lost my respect."

Epoch opened his mouth as if to talk but Akvo turned and addressed Jackson.

"I'll do whatever you want. But you're not to refer to me as a bitch, pawn, or your nigga. Ol' blue boy said that I should have rights and if that's the case then I at least have a right to a name, albeit a new one is probably in order. And I request, should it be reasonable, that you leave my DNA in my body." Akvo said firmly, perhaps more firmly than intended as he was still lit up about Epoch and his outburst.
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 7/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Alpha] - 17/20
Create Armor Out of Ice [Novice] - 4/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
President Jackson's Office
7:36 PM GMT

"I never said forever!" Epoch shouted, slamming his hands down on Jackson's desk, jolting up from his seat. President Jackson looked on, not stopping the outburst. "You have no idea what you have even done! You don't care at all about those lives you took. Sure you might not have intended to do what you did, but you did it cold. At least show some remorse. Yes, even people like you should be free, but I have nothing against a little punishment, a little return for your actions! You're not even taking responsibility. Those people had lives and families, how are you going to put back together each and every one of the little worlds you destroyed in doing that? I may not want to kill you, but I have no problem making you feel the pain of all those people who had to lose someone for you. It's not fair!"

He fell back in his chair, burning with upset. Frost Raptor was so cold, and emotionless toward his actions. It was clear to Epoch that the iceman only really cared about himself. Quantum placed his hands on Epoch's shoulders, "Relax, Darren." Epoch wanted to, but this felt so wrong.

President Jackson had a hand out, palm down, bringing himself back to the conversation, "Now if we are done screaming at each other, we have a phone call to make. Before we get to that, I would like to thank you, Frost Raptor, for participating in my offer. Otherwise I would have to let Epoch here tear you a new one." He chuckled a little and lifted the phone from his desk, "Put me through to the President," he said to someone on the other end, "I've always wanted to say that," he added speaking over the mouthpiece.

The group waited in silence and President Jackson turned away from them slightly, a stern look overcame his face. "I have some unpleasant news for you, Mr. Obama." A moment of silence continued, "We are not prepared to hand Frost Raptor or Epoch, so it seems we are at a standstill." The silence returned, "It's your trust in our organization that we are having issues with, sir. For the last half a century, superheroes have done their best to look out for the government and it's citizens." Jackson must have been cut off, "I understand sir, that's very unfortunate, but I guarantee that we will work something out. I apologize for the great inconvenience, however I don't think that's necessary." Silence came once more, "I don't mean to question your authority, and I assure you that we'll do whatever we have to, to persevere." Jackson set the phone down and sighed.

"What's the news?" Quantum asked gently.

"Well," President Jackson began, "It looks like our three young stars here are the center of the nations universe. We were just ordered to surrender them by sunrise tomorrow morning, or face the wrath of the United States government."

"Are we going to give them up?" Quantum asked, a little worried about the response.

"No, my friend, we are not," President Jackson smiled, "Now I suggest you take your two students and go get a meal before getting some rest, I'll show our guest the station as well as stomach full of food and a place to sleep."

Skills
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Medical Center
7:32 PM GMT

The gurney blasted open the doors, being pushed by several men. Sol's consciousness flashed in and out, he looked to the left and saw a man in traditional hospital scrubs, with black hair and a serious 5 o'clock shadow. His eyes closed, with great effort he opened them again, this time looking to the right and seeing what he swore was the exact copy of the man on the left.

They were talking to him, but the world seemed as though it was turned down. They rushed him into an operating room. The men each grabbed Sol and moved him from the gurney to the operating table, and quickly removed his suit.

One of the men placed a mask over Sol's mouth, and he told him to breathe heavily. He felt the distinct pinch of an IV being put in. The labor of opening his eyes was immense, but there was a faint energy in the room. He looked all around but couldn't pin the source exactly.

He felt hot breath, a heat he had experienced only once before.

My child... be not afraid. You have yet to fulfill your destiny. Ra spit up a fiery orb into his massive hand. Ra placed the Orb on Sol's chest, and raised a massive fist.

The fist came down faster than Sol had anticipated; he thought for a moment that nothing had happened. He looked down at his chest, not believing what he saw. Lava cascaded out of his chest, spilling onto the floor.

The young man with black hair screamed, "WE'RE LOSING HIM!! CHARGING 200!!! CLEAR!!!" all the muscles in Sol body pulsed. A single beat pulsed, barely keeping Sol alive.

Sol tried desperately to stop the flow of lava, but it was all for naught. He yelled in frustration, "AAAAAARRGGHHHHH!!!!!"

His father walked in the room, followed by his mother. "F...Father? Mother? Why are you here.." Sol sat up as lava gushed onto the floor.

"We're here for you my son." With each word his father vomited lava onto the floor.

Sol watched as his parents were consumed in flame, they both stood there, silent. Looking at Sol, smiling as tears streamed down their faces.

Sol longed to be with them. He reached out an arm trying to grasp at anything.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

"Don't you fucking die on me. CLEAR CHARGING 300!!!!" Electricity traveled into Sol, igniting every nerve ending in his body, kick starting his heart.

"Mom....Dad...I... I miss you."

"I know my son, but the world needs you more than we do. Save them, save us."

BE NOT AFRAID

The building shook violently. The ceiling crumbled, the walls turned to rubble. Sol was ripped from the ER up into the sky, a swirling inferno rotated in the sky and molten rock down on the city; the eye of Ra rested at the center of it all. Sol was rocketed upward into the eye, the impact shattering the sky into a million pieces.

The monitor beeped. The young man perked up, staring intently at the monitor.

Then once more.

Sol jolted up and gasped for air.

Skills
Solar Beam - Alpha 15/20
Solar Flare - Novice 2/10

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Rest Stop
7:39 P.M.

The ground shook and cracked as Skylar’s foot hit the ground. He smiled and almost chuckled as he jumped back. The vibrations in the ground caused the soldier to fall back over on the ground and groan as he is injured. The floating bots aren’t affected by the small little earth quake. As Skylar roars out, two shockwaves ripple out and hit bots 1, 3, and 4 mainly. The first shockwave hits them and the cracks that are on their chests spread further over their body, leaving the internal structure of the bots open. The second wave hits and rips off their armor completely, they are completely vulnerable now. Wires and a metal frame are shown as well as their hovering device. The shockwaves send them to the ground as well.
Skylar laughs at them then aims at Bot 2 and 5 with seismic-Claps.

Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 2 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 2 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)

Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 5 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 5 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)

-----------------------------------------------
Raging Roar (Alpha) – (14/20)
Seismic Clap (Alpha) – (3/20)
Earthquake (Novice) – (1/10)

Tased -1
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:05 pm

7:34:01 P.M. MT

Dr. Weird had just entered his REM sleep and found himself stand in a black void. Surveying the surroundings he held up his hands and looked at them testing to see if this was all real.

(Dr. Weird “dreams” the following scenario 1-2 event 1, 3-4 event 2, 5-7 event 3, 8-9 event 4, 10 event 5)
Random number (1,10) : 7

Skills
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
7:41 PM GMT

"I just have one last thing to say before we go on our tour," Akvo said looking at Jackson and then addressing Epoch, "Your path towards the light is making you blind. I honestly don't know how I feel about all the people I killed, it's too soon to know. One thing I do know for sure is that Dr. Weird and his associates won't hesitate to kill again. The one that actually made an effort to talk to me sounded as though he'd slit a throat for a pack of gum. So while I'm rotting in a cell or 'feeling the pain of all those people' they're out there and you're out an ally. Chew on that."

Akvo left Jacksons office before anyone in the room could speak.

"You know you're a cold motherfucker and that pun is intended." Jackson said.

"It was yesterday for Christ's sake. How am I supposed to seriously mourn actions that quickly?" Akvo said, slowing his pace allowing Jackson to take the lead. He was the one giving the tour after all.

"That's not what I'm getting at. Epoch has been going through a lot. He might be a little naive but it's rude to point it out. How do you motherfuckers expect to work together if you don't respect each other?" Jackson asked somewhat rhetorically.

"You don't need to respect colleagues, you only need to tolerate them." Akvo said rather coldly, still irritable from his overreaction to Epochs strong feelings.

"Well, allow me to retort: You might not be as evil as Epoch thinks but you're twice as cold as you ought to be. Your cold shoulder is hardly a breeding ground for 'tolerance'. Again, while you might be right, it doesn't mean he's going to listen to you when you're a bitch about it. Now if you seriously want to be a member of this team you need to work on your people skills. I'm not telling you to apologize but you might want to consider being a little retrospective about this day." Jackson said not slowing his pace the entire time, moving swiftly down the hallway, making turns and expecting Akvo to keep up.

"This is the cafeteria grab a pre made sandwich, unfortunately considering the timing and the briefing you don't get to sample our 'Five Star' dining." Jackson said to Akvo

Akvo grabbed roast beef on Ciabatta, perhaps a little softer than he would have before Jackson took him down a peg.

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:55 am

Somewhere outside of Rapid City
7:44 pm

I forgot how boring driving can be. I know! Why don't I practice that hammer. That should pass some time.

Lee tries to make a Hair Hammer 1-8 fail, 9-10 succeed

If she fails, she tries again 1-8 fail, 9-10 succeed
Random number (1,10) : 1

-------------------------------
Hair Growth: Passive
Hair Arms: 1/20
Hair Hammer: 2/10
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:58 am

7:44 pm

DAMNIT! Ok, maybe I shouldn't drive while doing this. She pulls over to the side and mimes looking for something as a car passes by. Ok, let me try this again.

Lee tries to make a Hair Hammer 1-8 fail, 9-10 succeed

-------------------------------
Hair Arms: 1/20
Hair Hammer: 2/10.
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 am

7:45 pm

Her stomache growls as she slams her head against the steering wheel. How long has it been since I ate last? Checking the clock, Le decides to turn off at the next exit and that has some kind of food sign before it. "Stupid hammer," she mutters as the radio blares on with the reving of the engine.

---------------------------
Hair Arms: 1/20 (Alpha)
Hair Hammer: 1/10 (Novice)
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Cafeteria
7:46 PM GMT

"I had the meal prepared for us earlier," Quantum said, sitting down at a corner table with Epoch and Teaghan. A large meal, larger than Epoch was used to, had been present to them. Rubbing his hands together, Quantum smiled over a set of three platters as a cook opened the lids, "I had them bring in one of your old favorites. So, we've got two lobster tails, ten crab legs, a seafood, octopus salad, and two short loaves of French bread."

Epoch locked eyes with Quantum and stared at him, somewhat accusingly, but mostly confused.

"To congratulate you on your first days of missions." Quantum grinned.

"Why? I didn't perform very well at all, I hardly deserve the bread." Epoch grumbled, still perturbed with Akvo.

"Well, a big meal should also get you to sit long enough for me to talk to you one on one," Quantum concluded, slicing through a loaf of bread.

The waiter presented Teaghan with a bottle, that seemed to be a normal water bottle. She took it, with her metallic looking gloves and stared at it, slightly confused.

"It's a nutrition blend, essentially," Quantum said, with a cheek filled with bread and butter, "We haven't made silverware that you can use yet, so I figured you could just squirt that in your mouth. I know it seems barbaric, however, it works and its better for you than our dinner. Also you should actually feel filled after drinking it."

Teaghan looked at it, slightly quizzically, "Barbaric? It's mostly bad manners. In the cells, they had created a metal bracer, that would hold my lips open wide, to keep my skin from melting my food. I was then force fed, until just a few years ago, when they decided I could handle it myself. I'll take a water bottle over that device any day." She tipped her head back, and shot some in her mouth. As her head came down, she blushed, embarrassed with her means to eat and the thought that she might be getting comfortable.

Epoch decided to dig in, serving himself a healthy scoop of salad. As he shoveled it into his mouth, he vented, "I still can't believe that guy. He's an ass. I know that Doctor Weird and whatever associated he might have are certain to kill again, but that's still wrong too. It is hard to do the right thing, and even harder to determine where to draw the lines. But I promise you, I am going to get that Weird guy and I am going to make him pay for what he's doing. Not to mention that old guy who interloped yesterday and kicked my ass."

"That's something I wanted to talk to you about," Quantum said grimly, snapping a crab leg, pulling in the two young people's attention.

Skills
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
7:45 PM GMT

"This will be your room." Jackson said opening the door.

It was a rather large room actually. There was a full bed and a thirty-two inch TV, though no cable, it's used as an intercom system. There was a desktop computer located in the far corner of the room and a tablet recessed into the wall of the near corner. The tablet was used to control various things in the room including: temperature, the color of the walls, lighting, interaction with other rooms, and orders for repairs.

"I thought you said you wouldn't be imprisoning me?" Akvo said without a hint of malice in his voice.

"Were you expecting to live in a guest house and your own pool?" Jackson replied.

"That's what you've given me. I'm completely away from ninety-five percent of the NSS. Everyone else's lodging is two floors above me." Akvo said.

"Have a seat kid." Jackson said almost apologetically.

Akvo sat on his new bed. It was firm.

Wonder if Jackson read my mind and found out my preferences before giving me a room…

"Some things are bullshit and that's the way they are. We're keeping you separated from the main living area for the comfort of those who do not accept you yet. You are free to move around the building as you please save for when we call on you." Said Jackson.

"So what you're saying is, you want me to play nice with everybody so they'll want to be my buddy but you want me to stay away from them because they're all afraid of me or hate me." Akvo said.

"Understanding is the cornerstone of enlightenment."Jackson said.

Akvo laid back on the bed and sighed.

"We'll get you fitted with a suit tomorrow." Jackson said

"You mean I can't just wear my clothes?" Akvo asked.

"First of all, you're covered in blood and everythings ripped. Not to mention you don't even have a change of clothes." Said Jackson

"I guess I appear more like a member of the team when I wear one of those stupid body condoms." Said Akvo unwrapping his sandwich.

"Those 'stupid' body condoms protect your ass from various things and enhance your natural abilities. And yes in order to be a member of the NSS you've got to wear the uniform kid. While we're on the subject of assimilating you, did you have a new name in mind?" Jackson asked

Akvo cleared his throat and said, "I was thinking Aquilo."

"The Roman equivalent of the Greek god Boreas, bringer of winter, known for his violent temper. Way to be a melodramatic and knowledgeable fucker."

"You think it's trying to be overly badass?" Akvo asked sincerely.

"I think it's fine," Jackson chuckled "Most names are overly melodramatic and trying to be badass, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's a damn sight better than 'Frost Raptor'" He made air quotes and gave a little shake and another chuckle. He walked out of the room while saying, "Feel free to fuck around with the settings in your room. We'll see you in the morning."

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 pm

7:34:01 P.M. MT

“This is new.” His voiced echoed out into the nothingness. Suddenly Dr. Weird found himself moving at high speeds as the emptiness was being replaced, but he wasn’t moving the back round was. When everything stopped moving he found himself in of all places the White House’s Oval Office with President Obama and his staff.

“Mr. President you cannot ignore this anymore,” one of Presidents aids was talking but interrupted by one of the military officers there.

“He’s right we cannot let these freaks do as they want anymore.” The general stood up and began walking around the room. “It was bad enough you let this NSS go about doing as they please and giving them the same authority of the police and military. It’s just asking for trouble.” He paused for a moment to gather his breath and to gage the Presidents response so far. “I have been saying for years we need stricter control and a registry for these monsters, and now we have this nut job Dr. Weird popping up aiding these nuisances.” He dropped back down into his seat with. “I guess the only good thing to come out of this is that we won’t be closing the Human Mutation Research Facilities.”

The whole time Dr. Weird had been walking around the room testing what he was seeing. Trying to determine what was going on and if this was real. From what he gathered what he was seeing was happening right now, and that this was some other form of scrying; a veridical dream which he could use while he was sleeping.

“I hate to agree with the general but he is right.” Said another man off in the corner, but he only received a few glances and nods from the others in the room.

“I know,” the president began, “But, we need to handle this… carefully, I don’t want this turning into a national incident.” Obama was sitting at his desk with a pile of documents in front of him involving the recent occurrences. One of the open files there was of Epoch or Darren Taylor with a bio and a photo. “We also need to… reassure the public of their safety.”

The general spoke up again, “But we need to bring these degenerates in. Just because they have abilities above the rest of us does not mean that they are above the law!”

President Obama just looked at the general, “And just how… do you propose we do that?”
“If don’t mind Mr. President,” a new face was standing in the doorway with two suits standing behind him. “I have a suggestion.”

When Dr. Weird saw him he knew who he was, “YOU SON OF A BITCH, so this is where you disappeared to.” But this went unheard, he could not interact with anything around him and he could not be seen or heard, not that he hadn’t tried.

“And just, what would that be?”

“Project Volvagia Mr. President.”

“I suppose that… right now that is our only option.” He sighed just as the phone rang. Before anything else could happen everything around him began to fly past much like when he arrived there.

Dr. Weird bolted up right in his chair, “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?” He shouted.

Skills
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
Veridical Dreaming [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Forest of Western South Dakota
7:30 PM MT

Dark's fangs dripped with the blood from the deer. He sniffed the air hoping to find some trace of someone who could help him. He found nothing so he kept moving to Rapid City. It would take him a long time to get him there but he moved on.

He could hear some Helicopter blades approaching so he climbed a nearby tree and poked his head through the tree branches. The chopper was moving very low to the ground, almost treetop level. Dark knew nothing about technology but he did know that most birds of prey would fly close to trees, it helped them ambush prey. He didn't really care but he knew that hitching a ride with that would be much quicker than walking, or hitching a ride with a passing RV or truck.

He climbed to the highest branches he felt safe to go on then waited for the right time to leap. The chopper soon came directly over him and he took the opportunity to leap onto the landing struts. The change from not moving to moving very fast was almost to much for his arms to take, but he managed to grip the strut and pull himself to the underside of the helicopter. He couldn't do to much but hold on, so he stabbed his claws into the underside of the fuselage and hung on like his life depended on it... because it really did.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:47 pm

7:44:05 P.M. MT

Dr. Weird looked around the room to make sure he was back in his lab. He then slapped himself to see if he was awake.

SMACK

“Ouch, hmmm just to double check, STEVE 50 VOLTS DO IT NOW!”

“As you wish Dr. Weird.” A bolt of electricity from above came down and stuck Dr. Weird.

“YAAAAHAAHAAAAAAAA, yep I am awake now. So Steve any idea what just happened.” Dr. Weird asked as he smoldered and a small flame was burning a hole in his coat.

“You had me hit you with 50 volts of electricity.”

“NOT THAT, BEFORE THAT THE THING THAT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS SLEEPING.” He said as he exhaled puff of smoke.

“I detected an increase of theta waves in your brain while you slept.”

“I see, HAHAHA I HAVE GAINED A NEW SIGHT. GOD I LOVE BEING ME EHAHAHAHAHA.”

“I know you do sir, is there anything I can get you?”

“YES,” Dr. Weird shouted as he stood up knocking over the service droid beside him. “Bring me some CHLOROFORM; I am going to try something.” Moments later a droid came into the room with the chloroform on a tray.

“Here you go sir, what do you need it for?”

Dr. Weird grabbed the bottle off the tray and with a demented grin on his face he said, “THIS.” He popped the lid of the bottle and grabbed a corner of his coat and soaked it in chloroform. After which he then chloroformed, himself. He then fell back into his chair out cold dropping the bottle on the floor.

“Oh dear,” said Steve as he watch Dr. Weird drop back into his chair and contents of the bottle spill out onto the floor. “Clean up in the monitor room.”

(In his chloroformed state Dr. Weird tries to use Veridical Dreaming: 1-8 Fail, 9-10)

(If successful Dr. Weird “dreams” following scenario 1-2 event 1, 3-4 event 2, 5-7 event 3, 8-9 event 4, 10 event 5)
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Rest stop
7:40

Two shockwaves explode outward from Skylar’s hands, one for bot 2 and one for bot 5. Each catch one square in the chest and send them flying along with cracking their armor. Their large metallic bodies hit the ground with a loud clank while the three helpless bots stand before him. The soldier on the ground groans and tries to stand up, dealing with the pain. Skylar uses this moment to take out the three armorless bots.

Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 1 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 1 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)

Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 3 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 3 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)

Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 4 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Skylar rolls to use Seismic Clap at Bot 4 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)

------------------------------------------------------
Seismic Clap (Alpha) – (5/20)

Tased -1
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

7:49:11 P.M. MT

With the chloroform still in full affect Dr. Weird kept falling in and out of R.E.M. sleep.

(In his chloroformed state Dr. Weird tries to use Veridical Dreaming: 1-8 Fail, 9-10

Random number (1,10) : 5

(Dr. Weird “dreams” the following scenario 1-2 event 1, 3-4 event 2, 5-7 event 3, 8-9 event 4, 10 event 5)

Skills
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Rest Stop
7:41P.M.

Three shockwaves ripple out this time, one aimed at each of the bots. The first one hits bot 1 square in the head while the one aimed towards bot 3 veers off course and catches bot one in his flimsy chest; the joints in his body vibrate, shake, then shatter and fall apart. The final one shot towards bot 4, it spirals off slightly but catches it right on its hover component shooting its base backwards causing its head and chest to pivot around and face-plant into the ground. Its head shatters upon the cement. Bots 2 and 5 pick themselves up off of the ground, Skylar distances himself. He glances over to the soldier to see if he gets up.

Roll to see if Soldier gets up (1-5 He fails and falls down in pain, 6-10 Success and stands, ready with gun)

-----------------------------------------
Seismic Clap (Alpha) – (8/20)

Tased -1
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 pm

7:44 PM MT
A few miles outside Rapid City.

Dark did his best his his arms finally gave out and he fell from the chopper. He crashed hard through the trees and he could feel his bones strain from the impact, but none of them broke, though almost all his limbs where thrown out of place. He was no stranger to pain but he knew that this would likely keep him limited for the time being. He reset his arms and legs, a process which was not at all pleasant. He took a moment to catch his breath take not of his injuries. He found more than a few cuts, several where pretty deep. He did his best to wrap them with what scraps of clothing he could spare.

Once he was finished dressing his wounds he stood up slowly. It was very painful to do so but the last thing he could do was baby it. He would need to keep moving, otherwise he would starve to death. He looked around, he recognized the location and he knew he was not very far from Rapid City. An hour of running and he would be there.

He looked at the now distant helicopter. He grunted his anger about loosing it, but he knew that it was probably better he dropped. He could hear the roar of a few vehicles in the distances and he was willing to bet that they where not a for the general population.

He made his way slowly through the wilderness toward the sound. Hopefully someone there would have his answers.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Medical Center
7:51 PM GMT

A woman gazed through the window at Sol who was breathing heavily.

"How is he?" Doctor asked staring through thick glasses.

"He is stable now, we removed the bullet and cleaned his wound without incident. Although, he was having intense hallucinations and delirium at first, but that's not uncommon with the extreme exhaustion and blood loss he endured." The doctor nodded her head, and squiggled some words on Sol's medical chart. The nurse continued "He's resting now, and his pulse is strong."

"Good. Move him to the recovery center, room 7. I've already prepared it for him." the doctor turned and walked down the hall into another room.

Two nurses arrived shortly after and moved Sol from the operating room to the recovery center.

The door slid open with a slight wooosh.

"Wow, the doc really did set this up." one of nurses commented, mouth agape.

"No kidding..." the other replied.

A series of sun lamps we're rigged up facing the bed, with a small control located to the left of the bed.

One nurse grabbed a small note, "Ok... directions from the Doc. Put him to bed, turn the lights to 50% power, and seal the room. Check back on him every half hour."

After finishing their tasks they exited the room.

"See ya in 30 minutes Mr. Sunshine."
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 pm

7:50:45 P.M. MT

If Dr. Weird had been conscious he would be furious about his failed skill attempts. But seeing as he chloroformed himself he couldn’t. He just kept on dreaming of electric sheep and talking
milkshakes.

(In his chloroformed state Dr. Weird tries to use Veridical Dreaming: 1-8 Fail, 9-10

Skills
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next