Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run On Sentences, aka Posts

4 posters

Go down

Run On Sentences, aka Posts Empty Run On Sentences, aka Posts

Post  Night Terror Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Hey everyone, friendly neighborhood Night Terror here.
I wanted to clarify some posting things that I find have changed with recent people joining the boards. It's not necessarily bad, but more so annoying.

A couple of you have made posts in a similar fashion as the final post you were allowed to write for the last bridge. In such a contribution, you could beat the system (or rule of having only one post) by having a continuance of story after a roll was made. In other words, if you made a roll, you had the ability to continue the story by saying "If the roll succeeds, blah. If it's unsuccessful, blah blah blah." and then continuing with what happens afterward.

To my best of knowledge, posts are to be released in a different fashion. This method of posting is exercised by many older members who have been at it for a while, and I understand that those who entered the storyline at the end of the last bridge saw posts of different caliber... that being said, I'm just here to clarify, to make sure what I think is right or wrong.

There shouldn't be a continuance of story in a single post AFTER a roll. It's called making another post. I think it's easier to read, and I don't get lost in all the numbers. What do you all think?
Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Run On Sentences, aka Posts Empty Re: Run On Sentences, aka Posts

Post  Yilana Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Agreed. It becomes very confusing and difficult to follow. I think the only reason many of us had done so at the end of the bridge was to make it where each hero/villain would only have one post to finish with. However, with the new Arc, all of us should now post, (like you have stated above) where after you roll, to make a new post afterwards. This makes the story flow much better and makes the readers be able to follow more clearly on what is going on in each situation; and even more so, there will be no confusions between your heroic or villainous comrades.
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 pm

I appologize for me doing this, the only reason i am currently is because i am currently by myself in the story and would like to get the battle over with so that i may join the bigger groups of people. If i were with others i wouldnt do more than one skill in a post but currently i have to due to the NPCs i am fighting as well. Once again... i appologize.
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Terror Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:15 pm

No worries, Sky. Though I gotta say, you don't NEEED to post like that. XP Just split it up.
Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:44 pm

But then my character would have time stamps in intervals of 1 minute... and then i would have to post after every other person just to be able to keep up in time wise with everyone else. This way i can quickly get done with my solo part of the arc while keeping up with everyone else in time as well as have the Bots and soldier attack. During all combats in this arc there will have to be a lot of rolls for at least one post simply because the average group size is 5 for the NPCs and we have to roll for them, they each get a roll and then our response. Hopefully my long posts will end within 3-5 posts
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:21 pm

I agree with you as well on the whole subject, I only did that in my final bridge post because otherwise my post would have been divided up into like five separate smaller post's XD.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Terror Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:18 pm

No offense Sky, but if that's the case then you might have been better off doing your own sort of solo arc on the side. As far as having problems keeping up, that's not technically a valid reason in my opinion. -shrugs-
Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum