Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

+8
Dark Coyote
Akvo
Noah the Arc Bearer
Night Terror
Ike
Dr. Weird
Sol
Epoch
12 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun - Page 10 Empty Re: 3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

Post  Twisted Fate Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 am

South Dakota Badlands
9:42:34 A.M. MT

Takeshi takes notice of that rabid being lunging at him, claws drawn.

Takeshi Attempts to block the Claw attack to his gut(1-5 fail, 6-10 succeed)

Random number (1,10) : 5

Takeshi Attempts to block the Claw attack to his neck(1-5 fail, 6-10 succeed)

Random number (1,10) : 3
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:11 am

Badlands
9:44:02 Am MT

Ike aims and fires 3 shots at Dark.

First shot (1-6 miss,7-10)

Second Shot
Random number (1,10) : 6

Third Shot

(If first shot is successful, 1-4 his side, 5-7 leg, 8-10 hands)
Random number (1,10) : 6

(If second shot is successful, 1-4 his side, 5-7 leg, 8-10 hands)
Random number (1,10) : 10

(If third shot is successful, 1-4 his side, 5-7 leg, 8-10 hands)
Random number (1,10) : 1

(If any shots miss, it whizzes by Dark)

Last edited by Ike on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 am

South Dakota Badlands
9:42:25 A.M. MT

Dr. Weird saw that the wild man was coming at him and he tries to dodge.
(Dr. Weird attempts to block and dodge as well as the droids.)
(Dr. Weird dodges)
Random number (1,10) : 9
Random number (1,10) : 7
(Droid one)
(Droid two)
(Droid carrying girl)
Random number (1,10) : 10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:14 am

OOC

Those are all atemps to dodge 1-5 fail 6-10 dodge one for each attack
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 am

Badlands
9:45:13 Am MT

"Gotcha fucker!" Ike spins the gun around his finger tauntingly.

Last edited by Ike on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 am

9:42:40 AM MT
Badlands

Dark barks in pain from the bullet wound and takes another long sniff.

"None of you are human." He hisses angrily and finished "What the hell are you?

Last edited by Dark Coyote on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:39 am

South Dakota Badlands
9:42:38 A.M. MT

Suddenly the man’s claws slashed through Takeshi’s shirt leaving four shallow wounds in Takeshi’s abdomen, then only a second later, a second set of claws slashes towards his neck…. Luckily only grazing it.
9:43:00 A.M. MT

Takeshi clenched his neck wound as he suddenly heard the scream of three gunshots ringing out.

Suddenly he look towards his attacker to see blood gushing from his hand.

“I think it’s time to euthanize this stray mut…..” Takeshi uttered clenching his gun, aimed right at Dark.

Takeshi pulls the trigger……

*click*…*click**click*

“What the?......DAMMIT STEVE, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE AMMO WAS REMOVED!! I KINDA THOUGHT THIS DAMN THING FELT LIGHTER!!” Takeshi now infuriated, threw his gun to the ground, and charged Dark….

Takeshi Attempts a round house kick to Darks side.(1-4 fail, 5-10 Succeed)
Random number (1,10) : 2
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 am

9:43:10 Am MT
Badlands

Dark sees he is pretty much outnumbered and would be lucky to get out of this alive with Dana.

He looks at the poor girl and whispers "I'm sorry. I'll find you and free you. I promise." With that he sprints directly towards the badlands and ducks behind rock after rock, leaping from shadow to shadow. He varies he foot pattern to make it harder for someone to track him down.

He quickly comes to a large cave but continues running by it completly ignoring it. Stopping at the first cave was far to obvious. Better to just keep sprinting, and hope to find another ride outside of here. he knew now that there where people out here would love to have him as a study, better not to encounter them until the fight was on his terms.

After passing a fourth cave, he slips into the fifth and goes to the pitch black darkness at the back of it. No way anything could sneak up on him and he would get the jump and anyone entering.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:15 am

9:43:24 AM MT
Badlands

Takeshi stumbled forward as he missed the fleeing man.

“Run puppy run! We’ll find you eventually!” Takeshi shouted at Dark who had now ran a good distance from the fight scene.
________________________________________________________________________________
9:44:13 AM MT

Takeshi strode towards Weird and the other two, taking an immediate glance at the young unconscious female.

Takeshi knelt down, looking at the women’s face.

“Yes, you will make a fine subject for my…..experiments… indeed.”

Suddenly, the woman’s eyes began to flutter, then opening. Takeshi put his bloodies hand over her mouth just as she tried to scream.

“Now, now, don’t be scared…..I’ll take verrry good care of you….”

Takeshi then placed his other hand on her neck, choking her brain of any trace of oxygen until she fell back into unconsciousness.

As Takeshi stood back up, he suddenly felt light head from his blood loss.

“Well Weird, it seems as though I’m going to need patching up again.” Glancing down at his abdomen wound, his black shirt drenched with blood.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:27 am

9:45:30 AM MT
Badlands

Dark continues watching for any sign of a tail, but nothing comes. He thinks about Dana and the hell he likely signed her up to since he ran. He groans mournfully an a tear falls from his eye. He never wanted anyone free of this mess to get hurt. He did however see the depths of which people could sink. He also knew the scent of several of his now adversaries. He would free Dana from whatever they would do to her.

He looked at his hand and saw the bullet wound. He wrapped a piece of his coat tightly around it, then quickly sprinted to another far away cave and hid inside it. He wasn't sure how that mad man had found him, but he knew that if he could do it once, he could do it again. Best to be prepared if he did come knocking again.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:18 am

NSS Private Jet 617
Somewhere over Missouri
9:41 AM

The intercom clicked softly, "We'll be experiencing some light turbulence for a few minutes. Shouldn't be anything too rough."

Sol's stirred from his rest, sitting up in his seat, which automatically switched to a seated position. Wiping the sleep from his eyes Sol looked through the window to see Beatrice sitting relaxed, reading a magazine.

Sol leaned forward, tapping on the window. Beatrice jumped a little, bringing a smile to Sol's face.

"What are you reading there?"

She mouths something to him, taking a moment he realizes she said "I can't hear you." Looking around the for a button to press, his search took a moment and finds it to the left near the ceiling. He presses the button and the button lights up. "Can you hear me?"

"Yes, Mr... Sol." she said not knowing what to call him.

"Sol is fine. Where are we?"

"We've crossed the Missouri state lines. So we're about 2/3 the way to Oklahoma."

"Great. Uh... listen. I know this is an...interesting situation... but I was wondering if you'd like to go get some coffee sometime...or something else if you don't drink coffee." Sol almost choking on each word as they seemed to fall out of his mouth. Ugh.. what am I DOING!

Beatrice smirked and gave a slight chuckle. Oh god... don't be too rough. >.<

"That won't be happening... I don't date coworkers." she said pulling her hair back behind her ear.

"Uh... coworkers? Please forgive me but, you're a flight attendant... aren't you?" Sol stammered, utterly confused.

"To make a little extra money, yeah. But when I'm not on a plane, I'm fighting crime." She held up her right hand and snapped her fingers creating a small glowing orb in her palm.

"If I didn't know any better, and I do, I'd say that was pure energy... You're an energy manipulator aren't you?" Sol speaking more quickly with excitement.

She placed the magazine down on the seat and turned towards Sol, "Listen, I don't want to make this more complicated than it is going to become. When we land and say goodbye, that is the last time you'll see me. Brutal i know, however true. Unfortunate... for you? Oh yeah." Her appearance taking a more relaxed posture the more she let herself be... well, herself.

Sol wasn't sure if he liked the "new" Beatrice... if that was even her name. Her REAL name. He turned his head to the display in his bay. Time for a little homework...

"Beatrice" slumped back into her chair, seeming somber. But who knew, women were as hard to read as a foreign language. Let alone a heroine. A manipulator...

Tapping quickly emanated in the bay as multitudes of mission reports and personal files flitted along the screen. Being favored among the NSS had perks, like access to passwords and back doors.

He glanced at Beatrice, slapping a small button beneath the window causing a shutter to woosh into place.

So, you don't want talk to tell me... No matter. I'll figure it out. It's more fun that way.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:51 pm

9:46:10 AM MT
Badlands

"Dr. Takeshi, I would like to attempt something with my powers.........I'm sure it would help ease the pain at least otherwise I'm going to try something on the girl to see if we can get her back to the lab without much struggle."

Ike turns toward Dr. Takeshi hoping he would allow Ike to help him.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Wall, SD
283 Creighton Road
9:54:52 AM
Garage GMT

The old man hobbled over to a tarp covered object. "Nah dun't get excited." he said, pulling off the tarp, "It's nothin' fanceh."

It was a 1974 Triumph Trident. It was dirty, it wasn't grimy, just unused.

"I bought it aftah I had a midlife crises. It works. It hasn't ha' much use." Spengler said. "It's 750 cc and it prolly doesunt have mor'in seven thousund miles onut."

"She's beautiful" Akvo said admiring the the black paint job. "She works, you said?"

"Think so. Grab that gas can ovah there." Anthony said, pointing with his cane towards the corner of the room next to a lawnmower.

Akvo grabs the gas can and unscrews the tank on the Trident. He pours the gas into the tank.

That's a beautiful sound…

The old man was opening garage door by the time Akvo had poured the contents of the gas can into the tank. Then began wheeling it out toward the driveway.

"Givet a go then." said Spengler

Akvo turned the key and pushed the button. It didn't turn over.

It would be a lot sexier if it was a kickstart…

Akvo thought, losing his admiration slightly.

He pushed the button again. Nothing.

Great, now I'll never get to Rapid.

He pushed the button a third time and the bike sprang into being for the first time in years. All of Akvo's doubts left him as he felt the bike vibrate beneath him like a horse ready for a long ride. Akvo kills the bike.

Wheeling the bike back inside, the pair make their way back in the house.

Wall, SD
283 Creighton Road
10:08:36 AM GMT
Backyard

They roll a couple of cigarettes and Spengler straightens up before saying, "It's about a sixty mile drive from here ta Rapid. I s'pose yeh'll be wantin' ta leave pretteh soon."

"I'd say so." said Akvo taking a drag on his cigarette.

"Well yeh'll need more gas, it's only a five gallun tank." he said, pulling out his checkbook and handing Akvo a hundred dollar bill.

"When did the price of gas come up to twenty-five dollars a gallon?" Akvo asked taking the crisp bill.

"Jest dun't get yerself killed and come back ta mow meh lawn every now an' then." Spengler said

"Going to miss me is what you're implying?" Akvo asked holding back a smirk.

"Fah that yeh can shovel meh snow too." Said Spengler not smiling a bit.

"I bet by the time I make it back here I could just cause all your snow to disappear. In fact, I think I would enjoy that more than mowing the lawn."

That caused Anthony to turn his lip up… just slight.

"Lemme give yeh a bag of tobacco an' some rollin' papers too. Dun't need to waste your time on prepackaged stuff anehmore."

"I agree." Akvo said as the old man pulled a bag and a small box out of a nearby drawer. "Thanks" He said accepting the bag.

"Yeh ready ta go?" This was the fourth question the old man had asked since Akvo arrived.

"Not quite yet." Said Akvo, "I think I need to look at my map a bit more before I go."

Spengler turned to close the drawer. And hide his smile. ______________________________________________________________________________
Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 13 /30
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 4/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 7/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm

9:47:59 AM MT
Badlands

Takeshi looked towards Ike, briefly pondering on his offer..

“It depends, what are your powers?" Takeshi questioned cautiously.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Badlands
9:48:32 AM MT

Yilana snorts after seeing the intruder run off into the distance. "What a waste of time.. What was he anyways? Wolfman? He growled like he was a fucking animal. Seriously, you South Dakotans are just fucking oddballs."

Yilana walks towards Ike and Dr. Takeshi. "Do what you want with the girl. I'm taking a stroll."

She walks away slowly following a trail into the woods, hoping to find a random victim to practice "fire safety".

Skills
Inferno [Passive]
Fire Form [Novice] 2/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:10 pm

9:49:00 AM MT
Badlands

"Let me just say this, unlike methods of mind control..............my power "charms" people and their fates in a way. You have my word that your life is safe from it, I merely wish to see if I can rid you of the pain at least."

Ike stating firmly to Dr. Takeshi.

I really hope this works
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 pm

South Dakota Badlands
9:53:32 A.M. MT

Pulling a radio out of his lab coat Dr. Weird radio’s back to his lab, “STEVE, SEND A SWEEPER TEAM TO THIS LOCATION NOW!!! I DON’T WANT ANYBODY TO KNOW WE WERE HERE.” Putting the radio back I his jacket he sizes up the girl.

“Load her into my speeder; we taking this one back with us." He said to the droids. "Then you two stay here and wait for the sweeper team.” He ordered the droids then Dr. Weird hoped back in the speeder and eyed the lot around him. “It would be best if we returned to lab now, everyone. We have some things to work out once we get back.”

Sliding into the seat D. Weird turned the speeder around before speeding off, “Be careful on those speeder bikes, those are the prototypes. The uranium core fuel cells in those are still unstable, HAHAHAHAHAHA.” Before gunning off back into the direction of the lab.
________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Novice] – 5/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:16 pm

9:51:45 AM MT
Badlands

“Fascinating…. And to think I go by the name Twisted Fate, I’m curious, so go ahead.”

Takeshi moved in closer to Ike.

“Don’t make me regret this though….” Takeshi spoke, alternately prepared with his ability.

Takeshi stood firm, preparing for whatever Ike was about to perform upon him
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm

South Dakota Badlands
9:54:01 A.M. MT

Yilana whips around hearing Dr. Weird's orders to return to the lab and growls under her breath. "Damn it all to hell..." She walks over to the speeder and looks at Ike and Takeshi. "I hope you guys don't mind sharing a speeder. I'm going to head back to the lab and get some more information about my suit with Dr. Weird."

She starts the engine and blasts off onto the street, making her way back to the labs.

Skills
Inferno [Passive]
Fire Form [Novice] 2/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:25 pm

9:52:06 AM MT
Badlands

"Don't worry, the worse that can happen at this time is you just keep feeling the pain."
Ike stands still and focuses......

*Dr. Takeshi will feel numb to the pain*

(First Attempt: Success 6 -10, Fail 1-5)

(Second Attempt: Success 6 -10, Fail 1-5)
Random number (1,10) : 8

(Third Attempt: Success 6 -10, Fail 1-5)

If any attempt succeeds he will feel numb to the pain for: 1-4 15min, 5-7 30 mins, 8-10 1hour)
Random number (1,10) : 8

Command single biotic object (Alpha): 1/20
Command large group by single name: 0/10
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:26 pm

9:52:34 AM MT
Badlands

*sighs*

"I believe it worked how do you feel?"

Ike said happy with himself.

Command single biotic object (Alpha): 2/20
Command large group by single name: 0/10
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 pm

9:53:06 AM MT
Badlands

Takeshi felt a sudden sensation followed by a strong numbness around his two fresh wounds.
“Impressive, controlling biotic responses, numbing pain… I see you being a very valuable resource in my research…” Takeshi spoke, impressed, as he patted Ike on the back.

Takeshi then heard the sudden….blaring sound of Weird’s voice, dictating everyone’s return to the lab.

Takeshi thought to himself, glancing at Hiram, then Dana…

Good, finally I’ll be able to speak to Weird about research and living quarters….. and the young women…

Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Dr. Weirds Lab South Dakota Badlands
10:30:32 A.M. MT

Arriving back at the lab, “STEVE, take this girl to the hold cells. I will deal with her later. And check the steering on the Speeder, its pulling to the left.”

Moments later the others show, “Good, come with me we have much to discuss.” Dr. Weird begins to walk down an open hallway.

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 5/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Springfield, Missouri
HMRF Employee Cafeteria
11:30 AM CT

Epoch sat at a table with no accompaniment aside from Mr. Hyre and Mr. Derenberg. He sat across from the two men and was tired from the tour. This facility was failing from a non-opinionated viewpoint, and the two government officials were doing what they could to make this inhumane research lab into a five star hotel.

"So, Shock," Mr. Derenberg started, "What do you thin thus far?"

Epoch glanced from Derenberg who had questioned him, to Hyre who was prepared to take notes. The might be losing this appeal to keep the consolidating facilities running the same way, but they sure as hell weren't giving up the fight.

"Well, I hate to say it," Epoch started, feeling a little more like Shock, "I think these places are a little terrifying. You're caging up all these people with great potential. You lock them up like they are some kind of disease and you are trying to eradicate them. They don't even get to intermingle, at least prisons let the inmates have leisure time with one another."

"Now that's just not fair," Derenberg interrupted, "Inmates in simple state penitentiary systems do not have phenomenal cosmic powers, like some of our patients. Letting them out of their rooms like that does not tallow us to keep their powers in check."

"They are caged, like wild beasts!" Epoch burst a little.

The two men looked a little surprised, "Our patients eat the best meals possible, and are given plenty of in-room exercise as well as free education and tutors," Barked a shaken Mr. Hyre.

Epoch chocked back a retort that would destroy his ruse. He breathed slightly, "I could see keeping a DNA record, or even taking blood samples. And I am even against that, to be honest. Superpowers are a gift from God. They aren't something that should just be played with and dissected. We should embrace our differences, mutant or not, and do the best we can for everyone. No one should have to live like this."

Mr. Derenberg looked at Epoch as if he had him in check, "Yes, you might say that, Shock, but you, as a member of the NSS utilize these very kind of containment units. Every single time you capture a villain, you stick him or her in one of these very cells and treat it like a jail cell."

"That's different-" Epoch stammered.

"No it isn't." Derenberg cut him off, "These patients are unstable. They have no alignment when we take them in. This method is far more humane than letting super villains kill innocent non-mutants, waiting for someone to capture them! In this instance we save millions of lives and we conduct a great amount research to be utilized not only by the military, but also by medical science and space exploration."

Epoch chocked. The man had him. The NSS did indeed use these tanks. They were no different. Perhaps he really did have things wrong. But inside, he felt that he was true. Everyone did deserve to live, even if their choices were wrong.

Mr. Derenberg almost smiled, "Now settle down and reconsider your feelings, let's eat."

Mr. Hyre added lightly, "It's Salisbury Steak day today."

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Alpha] - 0/20
Energy Blast [Novice] - 0/10
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Dr. Weirds Lab South Dakota Badlands
10:45:54 A.M. MT

“Seeing as how we are now going to be working together of sorts I think it would be best if we got to know each other. But seeing as how we basically all hate humanity we can work on that as we go along.” Says Dr. Weird as he eyes everyone at the table they were sitting at.

“But for starters I think I need to work out the living arrangements I don’t have the means for others to stay. So I will ask that some of you run into Rapid City for a few things”

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 5/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down