Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

+8
Dark Coyote
Akvo
Noah the Arc Bearer
Night Terror
Ike
Dr. Weird
Sol
Epoch
12 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun - Page 2 Empty Re: 3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

Post  Ike Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:33:10

Ike finished chewing a bite and swallowed. "Well......Its hard to explain.", Ike replied looking hard upon his sandwich. "I'm looking for people......from my past." Looks up from the sandwich and gazes hard into the reflective surface of the stranger's shades, glaring back was himself with hidden rage. "I want revenge against them.....for what they did to me. Don't get me wrong I'm not that misunderstood guy thats actually good on the inside. .........Those people behind the counter, the customers that come and go, and the people that are affected by it. They are all pawns.......pawns of government. I don't hate "supers".......I hate their purpose......being used and governed by higher ups as they see fit to make sure everyone does as they say."

Feeling a strange twinge....Ike turns his head to see a young woman, looking like she just woke up but didn't get enough sleep, ordering from the counter.
"But some people..........aren't pawns." Ike turns back to the stranger. "Some of us are rogues, broken free from this systematic hierarchy. I want to change the status quo and to put it simply,..............maybe even world domination."

Adrenaline flowing, Ike looks down at his hands now balled into fists clenching the squished last half of his sandwich. "Heh, smooth." Drops his sandwich, wraps it up, and cleans his hands with napkins. "But before the big plan, I want my revenge......for trying to make me more than just a pawn. Before I can do that though, I need information about my past.........mainly locations, but more than anything...........their names. I'm going to make them regret what they did..........."

*silence*

Ike relaxes and smiles, "soooo yea, been on the move and loner most of my life. I got bored of it and figured I needed to join a group, not just any group of course but capable one. So I was hoping we might join forces, I know I can greatly assist you on some of your plans as well. So......why don't you tell me about yourself? No big details of course."
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:53 am

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:34:07

“Revenge huh, now that’s something we have in common now.” Said Dr. Weird focusing more of his attention on hid new acquaintance in front of him, “I too am after the government. I use to be a research, the best and brightest, working on several... secret projects. BUT THEY FUCKING FIRED ME FOR SOME BULLSHIT ABOUT MY EXPERIMENTS BEING “NONETHICAL” BUT IN REALITY THEY FEARED ME AND WHAT I WAS DOING, THEY WERE JEALOUS OF MY GENIUS.” Pausing a moment to cool down from his rant. “Aside from that I really don’t like to talk about myself.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:36:43

"You worked for a government funded research facility?"
Ike folds his hands together and leans forward with his elbows on the table. "Tell me, err......Doctor, since i'm sure you have a high standing Ph. D, did you ever hear of a..............Project "Ultimas"?
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:45 PM

Epoch enters the diner, the lighting is soft and the sound of passing cars permeates the air as the door swings closed.

"Hi, welcome to John's!" Announces the perky, young, hostess, "Just one?"

"Yeah," Epoch begins, "can I maybe get that table back there?"

"Sure," she says, leading the way, "let's head back there." John's was the sort of place that was like a Denny's but run like a smaller diner, with the atmosphere of a cafe. "Here we are, sir, can I bring you anything to drink, right away?"

Epoch seats himself and glances at her, "Uh, yeah, bring me and espresso, black, with a glass of water, please."

"Coming right up," she says as she places the menu on the table and heads off to the kitchen.

Epoch rubs his eyes and leans his head over the table. So much to go over, he thinks. Today was definitely the longest day he has lived since the day he was separated from his family. That ice guy got away, I can't believe I failed so badly, I should just go back in time and fix it, to hell with the code. He started to get angry with himself, until an image hit his mind. Once again those goggles and that twisted smile, and that ridiculous flying teacup. Who the hell was that guy?
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:37:14 PM

“Hmmm... Project Ultimas.” Looks of inquisitive nature came across Dr. Weird’s face. “I am not sur... Wait, now I remember, that was the name of one of the projects folders I came across a long time ago shortly after my employment began. When I read that file it intrigued me so much I started my own little "side projcet". Those who new what I could do and of my Geniuos call me a few times for consultant purposes and I agreed to help for the purpose of my own."
Dr. Weird took a slight pause as he picked his head up to stare into space. "About four years later they were found out and Project Ultimas was shut down and the idividuals involved were fire, a few even sevred some jail time I believe. The government was not to pleased to find out some were trying to control those with special abilities.”

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:23 am

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:46 PM

"Here's your espresso and your tall, cool, glass of ice water," The hostess said, "We're having a slow night, so I can take your order if you like."

"Uh, yeah," Epoch said slightly disgruntled, "I'll have the chicken sandwich with a soup for my side," He eyes the menu, "Chicken Noodle, chicken all across the board."

The hostess smiled and chuckled a little and left with th order.

Epoch drew into himself and stared into that tiny shot of espresso. At least I'm not a chicken, next time I run into those guys, I'll show them. He threw back the drink and took in half of it in a gulp. Probably don't need one of these so late in the day, but oh well. Wonder if I still have to write that Leonardo paper...
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:47 PM

The door to John's creaked open, a bright faced waitress stood at the front, "Welcome to john's, you can just have a seat anywhere and I'll be with you in a moment."

Eying the diner Changeling glanced towards the back, seeing Epoch sitting alone, deep in thought.

He hesitated, He looks like he's got a lot on his mind... maybe he needs someone to talk to. Changeling walked to Epoch's table.

"Fancy seeing you here." as he pulled out a chair and sat down, a sharp pain pulsing through his chest, turning a smile into a grimace.
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:32 am

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:42:03 PM

Ike's eyes narrowed a little still leaning forward.

"Doctor.............How much did you or do you know about the project? How much did you work on the project and was there anyone else working on it at the time? ..........This information is valuable........not just for me, but maybe for you as well......"

Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:42:41 PM

Seeing Ike’s sudden interest over the topic of the Ultimas Project, “You,” said Dr. Weird now actually facing Ike, “Were in this project, weren’t you?” A grin came across his face.

“Let’s be friends, and since friends help each other. In other words you scratch my back I’ll hand you a sharpened the knife that goes into the back of whoever want.”

Taking another bite if his sandwich “Right now of the top of my head the only thing that I can recall from the file was the name of the man in charge of it or at least I think he was.” Swallowing and taking a swig of Root Beer to clear his throat. “A professor Matt Bennett I believe, if you want to know more I am sure I can dig it up.”

Dr. Weird extends his gloved hand outward to Ike “The choice is your Mentok.”

[OOC FIRST POST OF THE NEW YEAR]
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:46:12 pm

A bit of a devious smile creeps across Ike's face, "Sounds like plan, Doc Brown."
Ike grasps the Doctor's hand and shakes, "Friends."

Ike lets go and watches a horsefly swoop around their heads and then lands on the table to feast on a crumb of food. "Oh and one more thing", Ike smoothly pulls out of his pocket a navy blue handled butterfly knife, flicks it open and then stabs it into the table through the fly. "I've already got one......but," Ike flicks it again to close and puts it away, "I'm open to any other little toys or gadgets you have."
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:47:33 pm

"Toys huh, well how about this one." Dr. Weird once more reached into his coat pulling out a wooded handle about 4 in handle and by clicking a small switch on the side extending a 12 in blade.

"NOW THIS IS A KNIFE." said the good doctor smalling the blade throught the table. "A fully collasible blade which I sharped with lasers to the edge no thicker than a molicule. This this will cut through any thing." Pulling the knife out and stowing it back with in his coat.

"I left the stuff that goes boom back in the chopper. Plus I have "toys" you could only dream about or seen in movies back at my lab, enough to last three world wars."
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:48:55 pm

"That blade would definitely come in handy for "precise" cuts. Plus I'm sure you've seen my bonfire, so I do look forward to your "BOOM" categorized weapons. I mean........my charms can only do so much.........," Ike said, excited over the thought of improved methods.

Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Greetings, I am Noah, the Arc Bearer, and I have been summoned to this world to aid the player Night Terror. I will now assume her character, watch closely, this isn't easy.

Nighty Tighty,
Righty oh,
Become that girl,
The one we know,
Night Terror,
In this whirl.

(Pink plumes eject from Noah's armpits as he holds his arms high, they smokily swirl about him as he changes)

Mara finally approaches those strange looking old men, knowing that at least one of them was certainly one of those wanted criminals. They look up from their discussion as she looms over them, rocking on her heels, slightly hesitant.

"I know who you are," She begins, looking directly into Dr. Weird's goggles, he tries to talk, but she hold up her hand sternly, hoping this was the right decision, "I don't have time to exchange pleasantries, but I want to let you know that I admire you. I've been looking for something more exciting in my life then the drab college life, but alas, I am stranded here for the time being. However, I want in."

She took a breath while the two stared at her. "I swear, I am talented, and capable of a lot of things, so I need a phone number from you, Goggles." She addressed Dr. Weird. He calmly stared at her while he reached into his lab coat, he pulled out a crudely homemade business card that read only, "Destructive Done Right, Dr. Weird Laboratories, Conveniently Located in a Secret Place," followed by a phone number.

"Thanks, I'll call you when the time is right," she said, smiling. Then she turned tail and proceeded out of the store with her sandwich. Before she passed the threshold she turn her head and gave the two men a wink with a smile, and promptly walked out.

(The dictation ended and Noah slowly reverted to his elderly, bearded form.)

I now return you to your previously programmed roleplay.
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:51 PM

Changeling sat down across from Epoch. The waitress noticed a new customer, and walks over holding a small notepad.

"And what can I get for you?" staring intently at Changeling.

"Water. And a cheeseburger, mayo, no pickle. Fries."

She scribbled down a few notes and walked towards the kitchen handing the ticket off to a cook in the back.

Changeling looked back to Epoch, deep in thought.

"I know you've got a lot on your mind, and I understand that it isn't easy some times. But if you want my help, if you want me to be your partner, you've got to talk to me."
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:50:26 pm

Dr. Weird actually turned his head to watch the young lady leave. Then turning back to man across from him with his grin growing even wider.

“Well well today is turning out to be an interesting day. I am making so many new friends now.” Finishing up his sandwich and pulled out a small hand held computer and checked the local news and air traffic.

“If your finished here we should go, and please no flashy exists we wouldn’t want any heroes to track our flight pattern.”

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:51 PM

Epoch rubbed his eyes, "Well, today just sucked, big time. We got our asses handed to us, and yet the NSS still thought we were prepared to handle these sort of things," he sighed, "What are we supposed to say tomorrow when they drill us on our mission? That we're just a couple of guys with no talent and a dramatic lack of balance?"

Epoch searched the table with his eyes, "On top of that, they want me to do something solo tomorrow."
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:50:26 pm

"You insult me, Doctor! Hasn't the lack of a criminal record and a face for explosions and other incidents said anything about me? I'll choose to make myself known at the right time but until then.........inexplicable explosions of annoyance to the higher ups shall continue. Here and now, of course not," Ike said getting up from his seat and throwing the trash away.

"That girl just now..........she did seem to have an aura. I wonder what her capabilities are..........any who I'm sure we'll find out when the time is right or when we decide the time is to find out hehe. So then any more stops here or shall we be off?" Ike asked Dr. Weird with a smile.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:52:36 pm

Dr. Weird thought for a moment, “None here just a few things I need to pick up back at the Hospital when we get back there. Now if you would follow me… I just realized that we have yet to properly introduce ourselves. I am Dr. Weird former lab tech and the most brilliant mind on the planet.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:43 am

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:55:10 pm

"Its a pleasure. Name is Ike, no real background except for being a thorn in the sides of certain people. Hobbies are big booms and sabotage. My life goals are revenge and then new world order."

"Oh by the way, we should really get out of here. The law enforcement has by now taken notice to flight pattern and most likely your arrival, and.........as much as I like leaving with a bang, escaping to a secret place under radar would be best. But I'm sure a cloaking device is hidden in that coat of yours. Lets hope everything goes according to plan." Walking out the door beside Dr. Weird, Ike eyed a patrol car going down the street away from them.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:55 PM

The waitress returned with Changeling's drink setting it down on the table, the ice clinking slightly.

"Thanks" Changeling said flatly.

"Your food will be up shortly" and with a smile she went back to the counter refilling an elderly man's coffee.

"If Quantum thought we were ready, then we were. But he had no idea how powerful this guy could have been. It was a risk, every encounter is a risk. I know I could have done a lot better, but it doesn't matter now."

Changeling slammed his hand down on the table.

"Next time we'll be ready, next time I'm going to crush his fucking hands."
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:56 PM

"Heh," Epoch scoffed under his breath, "There's a lot of things I would like to do to those guys, things that aren't very nice. However, that's against the Code of Conduct." Epoch sipped his drink and the two sat quietly for a moment or two.

The food arrived and Epoch agreed that everything looked all right, and took a hungry bite off his sandwich. The food tasted relieving and slipped through his mouth quickly. He took a breath and started again, "So, what are you doing tomorrow? I have a tour of a mutant containment facility, woo wee."
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:57 PM

"Uh... well... I haven't really thought about that yet." Taking the top bun off of his burger, they never put enough ketchup...whatever I'm starving.

Taking a large bite of his burger, "Did quantum tell you about this facility? Did he say you had to go alone?" pieces of food flying onto the table.
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:57 PM

Epoch slurped some of his salty soup, "Well, I'm not sure if I am supposed to share too much of the information about the trip, but they are sending one Full-Time student to the facility as... well, as a diplomat, of sorts."

He ate silently for a few more bites, "I guess I'm just nervous, I probably shouldn't say, but they are sending me solely because I was in one for so long. I guess I'll just suck it up and deal with it."

Downing some water, Epoch realizes, "Weren't you supposed to still be asleep, nursing wounds?"
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
8:56:33 pm

"Cloaking device? Wait." Dr. Weird reaches back into his coat and pulls out another device and after hitting a few buttons causing it to light up. "I completely forgot I had this thing." After a few more buttons he puts it back into his coat.

"Well they are still alive, so we should get going. OH I ALMOST FORGOT." He paused for a moment in his walk back to the stolen car. "I have some other "NEW" freinds waiting at the hospital who I picked up earlier, I can't wait to introduce you."
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
9:00:00 pm

"Sounds like the beginning of a private club," Ike laughed. "Benefits are cheap travel, good company, and "do it yourself" methods of gaining your desired needs. Goals range from revenge to free experimentations to world domination!" Ike impersonating a commercial spokesperson.

"So....your car or mine?"
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next