Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP)

+10
Twisted Fate
Skylar Raige
Akvo
Ike
Yilana
Tang Le
Dark Coyote
Dr. Weird
Epoch
Noah the Arc Bearer
14 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP) - Page 14 Empty Re: 5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP)

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:11 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning
7:29 AM MT

Skylar attempts to jump up but all attempts at success fail. Skylar catches himself from hitting his face on the giant robot then turns around and grits his teeth. His anger with himself is growing. His hands vibrate and instead of attempting to jump again, he just wants these robots destroyed.

Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 4, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 8

Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 5, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 3

Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 6, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 10

Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 7, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 1

Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 8, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 5
-------------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (8/30)
Seismic Clap (Superior) – (18/30)
Earthquake (Alpha) – (5/20)
Aerial Propulsion (Novice) – (2/10)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP) - Page 14 Empty Re: 5) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2 (PVP)

Post  Rixil Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:24 pm

NSS Station 7 (Unbeknownst to Rixil)
Near Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning
8:34 AM CT

Despite the alien’s despair towards his inability to keep illusions up, he did retain a little happiness in light of the older human’s offering. Letting his invisibility and concealments fall, Rixil faced the group, void of any visual pleasantries.

“Pardon the illusiveness following my intrusion.” spoke the blonde figure, smooth tone gifting his English an accent somewhere between British and Asiatic, however slight. “As stated previously, my name is Rixil. Though you may not believe me, I would categorize myself into the human title of ‘alien’. I hale from a planet not terribly different from your own in an alternate dimension. Though I understand promises from strangers mean very little, please understand that I mean none of you ill-fortune.”

Dark eyes pierced into those of the humans as he urged his sincerity with every word. He knew that many humans may rather delve into the fantasy of him being a monster than an extra-terrestrial. These humans had proved to be accepting thus far though (save for the ice man). Hopefully their interest in what he had to say would keep him from receiving frozen dihydrogen monoxide death to the throat.

-----------

Skills:
Cast Illusion – (Alpha Class – 4/20)
Light Constructs – (Novice Class – 2/10)
Light Speed – Undiscovered
Laser Beam – Undiscovered

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:49 pm

NSS Station 7
Near Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning
8:35 AM CT

The intruder spoke in an oddly textbook manner. As if he had no sense of vernacular. Perhaps most of this had been preplanned, scripted. Epoch couldn't mind much though, he was still in awe. His awe could have been most in part of the alien asking for him specifically.

"Rixil," Epoch forced out, hoping he had said it correctly, "why have you come here? To our world? Why are you looking for me?"

Energy Blast [Superior] - 21/30
Energy Propulsion [Novice] - 2/10
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:54 pm

NSS Station 7
Outside Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning
8:35 AM

Ugh, we don't have time for this… we're prancing around with this guy while rock head is up destroying the suburbs of South Dakota….

Akvo grumbled slightly and shifted his stance. He wasn't letting his guard, or his ice armor, down.

Akvo unknowingly rolls to use Novice skill Snow Manipulation and the snow in the room becomes a very light hail 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 4
Regardless of the previous roll Akvo unknowingly rolls to use Novice skill Snow Manipulation and the snow in the room becomes a very light hail 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 9
Regardless of the previous roll Akvo unknowingly rolls to use Novice skill Snow Manipulation and the snow in the room becomes a very light hail 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Shoot Freeze Beams [Master] - -/-
Create Armor Out of Ice [Alpha] - 2/20
Snow Manipulation [Novice] - 4/10
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 am

Near Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning

Another flurry of snow began to litter the air around them, sleety flakes soaking straight through Rixil’s cowl. Though the sight of white had been beautiful at first, it was becoming more and more bothersome as the stuff began to melt, cold seeping through the fabric of his clothing. The alien wasn’t required to make efforts to ignore the sensation though, as his excitement towards Epoch’s curiosity all but captivated the reptilian being.

“There is a catastrophe prophesized for my planet, Korul. Though the details given in the divination were ambiguous at first, our greatest minds have been hard at work, attempting to prevent our predicted demise.” relayed Rixil. Ho-Ihn came to mind suddenly, as the young Korulian was reminded of his other objective here on Earth. “I have studied this world from afar whereas my mentor has traveled here to your planet on occasion to promote a more ‘hands-on’ experience.”

Although he would have liked to ask these humans for any assistance they might be able to offer in regards to his efforts in locating Ho-ihn, the adolescent thought it better of their time to further discuss the time-traveler’s involvement in this whole plot. Ice man’s agitation and his issuance of continual snowfall only strengthened his decision to continue.

“Not long into our exertions, we were able to locate what was thought to be our only option; someone that could go back into Korul’s past and prevent the prophecy from even establishing its evil. My people’s salvation would rely on a human with the ability to time-travel: you, Epoch.” Rixil stated, eyes locked on the orbs of his target.

-----------

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 am

NSS Station 7
Outside Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning

Epoch's eyes grew rather large. He was in utter shock that someone, or rather a group of someones, had been monitoring him. Watching him because of his unique ability. He always had a feeling of great responsibility for the world around him, and now he had been asked to take up the responsibility of another world all together.

"I-" Epoch started, his gaze moving to Aquilo and Quantum, who were both staring at Rixil, "I would love to help you," Epoch said firmly, "but I have a previous engagement. I do not know if you know, but I can also teleport and I have been training in the ways of energy manipulation, and because of these tasks, I have been asked to take my teammate there, Aquilo, to the site of a mission. If my advisor, the professor there, agrees, I could aid you any time after the drop off."

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Dr. Weird’s Lab in the Badlands
7:18:23 A.M. MT

Dr. Weird closed his eyes and focused, when they opened he saw Kyle in the hanger performing all sorts of movements against his will. He didn’t watch for long before he broke his connection with Ike and saw his lab again.

He looked to the man on the table, the one whose brain he had been playing with. Dr. Weird decided that he was done with him for the day. Besides he wanted to observe how the subject was handling the implants that were just installed.

“Steve, have this one here closed up and put under observation. I need to see how well he adjusts to the most recent implants before I go any farther.”

“Understood sir.” Robotic arms from under the table came out and started to close the opening on the man’s head.

Dr. Weird walked over to another chair that was in the room. It was one of the many easy chairs Dr. Weird had in his lab. Their purpose was basically to provide a place to take a break from work. On his way over he grabbed a bottle off a table and sat down. When he did several monitors descended from the ceiling. Showing News stations, a few movie channels, and the rest showed what was going on in the compound including the hanger.

“Show me the footage of when we dropped the Wild Man into the training room.” He opened the bottle and took a drink which right after he spit it out, “STEVE, what the hell is this?”

“I believe that is a bottle of Formaldehyde sir.”

“Oh,” said Dr. Weird looking at the bottle, “So it is.” He took another drink from the bottle. “It’s not bad.”

“If you say so sir.”

Dr. Weirds Lab in the Badlands
7:29:55 A.M. M.T.

“Dr. Weird sir, I think you let train long enough. Don’t you think it’s about time to send them off?”

“First you tell me I should let them train, now you are telling me to send them out. Steve, JUST
WHO THE HELL IS IN CHARGE HERE?”

“You are sir.”

“Damn right I am… I think they have had enough training. So it’s time to send them out.”

“Brilliant decision sir, that is why you are in command.”

“Yeah,” he got up from the chair and walked over to the console. After a few key strokes a screen turned on along with a camera.

“Oh and one more thing Steve, why isn’t Hooch wearing the cuffs?”

“He is sir. I told him he only heeded to wear the one pair.”

“WHAT THE FUCK STEVE, it’s a set. There are no "pairs" in this set he needs to them all.”

“My apologies sir, I will have them sent up right away.”

“See that you do.”

In the hanger a rather large video screen rose up out of the floor alongside a wall. When it turned on Dr. Weirds face popped up on it.

“Is this thing on now… It is, great,” backing away from the camera more of the Doctor could be seen and from his appearance whatever it was he was doing was messy. Blood stains could be seen on his coat gloves and face along with a few other mysterious stains on his coat. “Greetings everyone, I hope that you enjoyed this little free time here. But I am afraid it’s time to get things started.” He snapped his fingers and two speeder bikes and one land speeder descended from the ceiling. And from the floor 4 regular SR388’s rose up from an opening in the floor.

“I also ask that you all make sure that you are wearing the com-devices I gave you.” A small protocol droid made its way over to Dark Coyote with the wrist cuffs and extended them to him. Dr. Weird turned his head in his general direction. “I am afraid Steve misinformed you, yours is part of a set and can’t be broken up.”

Directing his attention back to everyone else. “Now remember what I am sending you out for, you all are to go find this Skylar and “convince” him to come back with you. I will be leaving you in charge of this mission Miss Wong. Now are there any further questions?”

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
Sight Sharing [Novice] – 2/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Dr. Weird's Hangar
7:32 AM

Ike turned from the large goggle and bloodied, lab coat filled screen to the transport and drones. Spotting the two types he became conflicted on what to choose. He turned back to the screen and shouted out, "Yo! Doc! Which one is mine? How fast is it? And can you have Steve take Kyle back? I know he's fun to mess with but like you said test subjects are always running low. OH! That reminds me! Can we bring back souvenirs along with the pick up?" Ike began jumping up in down like a toddler ecstatic for a new toy.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:53 am

7:33 AM MT
Dr Weird's Lab/ Hangar

Dark watched as Ike jumped up and down and said "You may just be mentally retarded."

He grabbed the cuffs from the droid and put them on. He made sure that he could hide them under his coat sleeve's before he secured them. He then crawled over the the SR388's. He looked them over carefully but he knew that he could not be able to pilot one.

Dark looked the the screen and asked "Who am I riding with?" He tought for a second and answered himself "Actually, let me meet the others so I don't get stuck with Freakazoid over there." Gesturing toward Ike.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Near Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning

The alien’s reptilian tail twitched with agitation. “Is there catastrophic repercussions if Epoch does not take the time to teleport his teammate? I find the chances highly unlikely.” he scoffed inwardly. “Earth is full of other sources of transportation- I don’t see why their needs are more immediate than mine. Besides that fact, he’s also a time-traveler! Making up lost time would be only too simple a task.” Regardless of the ramblings raging on in Rixil’s realm of thought, there was no discontinuity in his mostly calm exterior. The inner uproar dulled as the Korulian remembered the regulations set by the National Superhero Society. “That’s right. The association behind his actions would probably prevent him from altering an involved timeline.” Eyes flickered over to the older male in the room. “Hopefully, they don’t feel the same towards the timeline back home.”

Rixil turned his gaze back to the time traveler, becoming vocal once more. “We can come to any sort of arrangement necessary. To my understanding, both Earth and Korul have their fair share of problems at the moment. There are other tasks that will need attending to on this planet after we return from my own land; Your new skills should be of great importance in both cases, but perhaps I can be of further assistance to your cause as well.” noted the Korulian. It was at that moment that Rixil thought it might be well-mannered of him to phrase his request with the proper emotion.

With a slight smile, he began again. “If it pleases your company, I would greatly appreciate Epoch’s assistance, aiding my cause. Though I am a stranger to you on many accounts, I will, in return, offer my skills to the battle that is occurring here when all is well on my own planet.”

-----------

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:49 pm

NSS Station 7
Outside Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning
8:36 AM CT

Epoch was all too excited. He loved his job, but he'd never been honored like this. He couldn't wait for Quantum's advice,"I'll totally help out, anything I can do for someone in need."

Quantum cleared his throat, "You have responsibilities here," he said addressing Epoch, "The NSS is the governing force in your life, however, I am willing to pull some strings if you promise me two things."

"What's that?" Epoch asked eagerly.

"Be back by supper, and come back alive," Quantum said smiling a little. He really couldn't refuse Darren an opportunity like this. The boy was always fascinated with other places and other times. This was a chance to see both.

Epoch looked to his partner, Aquilo, "Let me know when you're ready to get to Rapid City and I'll get you there."

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:56 pm

NSS Station 7
Outside Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning
8:36 AM

And as quickly as it started the hail ceased.

"Sorry for being so rough with you Horace." Akvo said in the direction of the tank.

"I'm ready to go now." Akvo replied to Epoch, not troubling to disguise his distaste for the interruption.
Snow Manipulation [Novice] - 5/10
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 pm

NSS Station 7
Outside Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning

"Wait right here, I'll be right back," Epoch said, addressing Rixil and Quantum. He grabbed Aquilo's shoulder and attempted to teleport.

Epoch attempts to teleport, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 2

If it fails, Epoch attempts to teleport again, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 6

If it fails, Epoch attempts to teleport again, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:06 pm

NSS Station 7
Outside Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning

After a failed attempt, which Epoch hoped Rixil did not notice, Epoch teleported himself and Aquilo.

Rapid City, SD
Outside The Security First Bank
Saturday Morning
7:36 AM MT

The world opened up it seemed, and it spit out Epoch and Aquilo, the car that was left for Aquilo was already there.

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:43 pm

NSS Station 7
The Security First Bank
Saturday Morning
7:36 AM

The world wasn't the only thing that was spitting out. Aquilo was dry heaving something fierce. He stepped into the black sedan with unmarked plates.

There was a driver, also in black, he handed Aquilo a bottle of water and a plate of sandwiches.

"Jackson alerted us that you don't really prefer that method of travel." The driver said.

Akvo took a swig and then a bite, "Thanks..-"

"Johnson." Johnson replied.

"Thanks Johnson." Akvo repeated

Johnson wasted no time, he started driving towards their destination at twice the speed limit.

"12.5 miles to our destination." Said a pleasant voice from the cars display. Akvo thought it was a rather odd voice for a GPS. It was soothing and older, sounding almost wise. Every word was spoken as if the console was welling with pride and care.

Akvo took another bite of his sandwich, the nausea subsiding.
Snow Manipulation [Novice] - 5/10
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Box Elder St/Old U.S. 14 E
Saturday Morning
7:32 AM MT

Skylar manages to hit and push into the second row of bots, bot numbers 4, 6, and 8. Skylar starts to back away from the robots making sure to keep maximum distance between him and them. Skylar cant afford to use his roar because he doesn’t know how it will affect Azrael. He makes his way backwards along the side of the downed giant bot.

Skylar focuses on the two front bots 5 and 7. His hands vibrate once more. Skylar attempts to hit each bot twice.

Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 5 try 1, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 5 try 2, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 7

Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 7 try 1, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Skylar attempts to use Seismic Clap on Bot 7 try 2, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 8
--------------------------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (8/30)
Seismic Clap (Superior) – (21/30)
Earthquake (Alpha) – (5/20)
Aerial Propulsion (Novice) – (2/10)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Rapid City, SD
Saturday Morning

Epoch watched as Aquilo rode off with the driver. "Time to get back to Rixil."

Epoch attempts to Teleport, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success

If it fails, Epoch attempts to teleport again, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success

If it fails, Epoch attempts to teleport again, 1-4 it fails, 5-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 10

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Rapid City, SD
Saturday Morning

It took Epoch two tries before he successfully teleported. Perhaps he was too excited and not focusing well enough. Either way, when he did teleport, he felt like it was oddly easier and more powerful.

NSS Station 7
Outside Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning

Opening the universe again, Epoch arrived back at Horace's tank. Quantum and Rixil looked, slightly surprised by his arrival.

"All right, Rixil," Epoch said boldly, "I'm ready to go. Take me to your Universe."

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:55 pm

Dr. Weird's Laboratory
7:34:11 A.M. MT

Yilana almost screamed as Dr. Weird's voice rumbled in the dome, causing a couple scraps of metal to slide down and hit the hard concrete floor. She took a deep breath and furrowed her eyebrows in concentration as he spoke of the instructions. Once it was done she couldn't help but grit her teeth. "Ms. Wong?" She said in a soft yet angry voice. "FUCK you!" She yelled towards a speaker near the ceiling as she flipped the bird toward it.

She stormed out of the dome and towards the garage of the building, and saw both Ike and Dark Coyote there waiting for her. "Ready gentlemen?" She asked as she picked the speeder closest to her and began to sit on it. "And no one is retarded. If we're going to work together, we have to at least get along. And as your leader, I will not tolerate any of that. Understood?" She eyed both Ike and Dark with squinted eyes and a frown, as she crossed her arms, waiting for their reply.

Fire Whip [Novice] 0/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:08 am

Near Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning

In a flash, the two younger adults were gone, abandoning Rixil with the older male and the rather large squid. At the thought of the aquatic beast, his belly gave another disgruntled rumble. With nothing to occupy his mind otherwise, the alien wondered if it would be extremely rude to request something to eat.

Before he could mill the idea to a conclusion though, the time traveler was back in about the same position he had been a minute previous. The alien was reminded of his own ability to disappear, which in turn brought back the state in which Rixil had presented himself when he came to this planet. He would be sure that such a mistake wouldn’t happen again.

“Before we leave, there is a quick preparation that must occur.” Walking ever so daintily towards the human, he outstretched a hand, eyeing Epoch cautiously as he approached. His fingers hovered inches from the spandex of the time-traveler’s suit, right above his solar plexus as he offered a “May I?” to the Earthling. With a nod of acceptance, Rixil placed his white-runed hand gently onto his new associate's chest, fingers grazing the surface slightly as his eyes fell closed. “Invisible guests provoke less questions.” said the Korulian with a smirk.

Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion to make Epoch invisible : 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
[Original Random Roll = 4]

If the last roll, was a failure, Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion again to make Epoch invisible, not breaking concentration: 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
[Original Random Roll = 10]

If the last roll, was a failure, Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion again to make Epoch invisible, not breaking concentration: 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
[Original Random Roll = 9]

-----------

Skills:

Last edited by Rixil on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing some phrasing of the rolls.)
Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:22 am

Dr. Wierd's Lab- Hangar

"I thought the doctor was supposed to be the leader." Dark said almost in a growl, he turned his head and continued "Everyone seems to have delusions of grandeur."

He crawled over to Yilana and said "Fair enough though. No more insults."

He jumped onto the same speeder and whispered in her ear "Though my opinion isn't changing." He crawled to the back of it and sat down.

"Guess I am riding with you then." Dark said with a grim smile, he then started humming his little tune.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:51 am

Near Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning

The symbol traced on Rixil’s arm gave a faint glow as magic flooded through it into the target. Nothingness swept over Epoch’s form in seconds, leaving the alien to appear as a mime might when touching an invisible wall. He opened his dark eyes to face his work, glancing over the form he could feel, but not see. There was no shadow casted and there was no snow about- therefore the illusion was seamless. “A masterpiece, if I might say so myself.” chimed the adolescent in his head. He had never deluged another BEING with his abilities before this time, but he was glad to see that the effort did not disappoint.

The soft smile on his face pulled at the Korulian’s lips even more, delight apparent only in that factor. “Now that you’re set, I shall envelope myself. With us both invisible, however, the two of us might want to ensure that we do not get separated. Might I… hold your hand?” Rixil asked, pulling his runed appendage back before offering it again to the time traveler. Even as he waited for an answer, the Korulian began to set his own artifice into place.

Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion to make himself invisible : 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 3

If the last roll, was a failure, Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion again to make himself invisible, not breaking concentration: 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 2

If the last roll, was a failure, Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion again to make himself invisible, not breaking concentration: 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 9

-----------

Skills:
Cast Illusion – (Alpha Class – 5/20)

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:55 am

NSS Station 7
Outside Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning
8:37 AM CT

Epoch had been through time, he had seen things many couldn't even believe. He had even been able to disappear from once place and appear in another in the blink of an eye. But never before had he been invisible, truly invisible. It was a mystical experience. Rixil's power did not seem similar to his, or Aquilo's or anyone else's for that matter. It kind of reminded him of the magic in Changeling's masks. Was this magic?

With haste, Epoch reached for the now disappearing hand of Rixil. He had been quick to trust this reptilian visitor and had not even thought as Aquilo had. Could there be any threat to this ultraterrestrial?

"Epoch, make sure you come home safe," Quantum said, almost fatherly. "Meltdown and I will be expecting you. So stay alive and I'll inform the President of your new mission."

"Thanks, Professor," Epoch said, now a disembodied voice. Epoch glanced toward Horace's tank and looked into one of the creature's massive eyes. It saw him, though he was invisible, it saw him.

Be careful, and remember, we know not what lies beyond the void, said a voice into Epoch's head.

Epoch straightened, though no one could see it, and asked, "Rixil, what is our next step?"

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Dr. Weird’s Lab in the Badlands
7:35 A.M. MT

“I am glad to see everyone so excited about this,” shifting his gaze to Ike. “Why don’t you hop on the other speeder? Don’t worry its programmed to follow the GPS so no actual driving is necessary.”

"AS FOR YOU" he said turning to Dark Coyote, "I AM IN CHARGE YOU FUZZBALL, AND I SAID SHE'S IN CHARGE SO SHE'S IN CHARGE."

With a quick stroke of a few more keys another panel in the floor opened up and a 5 by 10 foot container rose out of it. The four SR388’s went over to it and hooked it up to the back of the land speeder. After it was secure the droids then clamped onto the container ready to go out.

“I really appreciate your offer; I currently am running low on clean blanks. So feel free to bring back as many as will fit in the container. Since it has its own propulsion lift device it won’t slow you down. And if it all goes well it shouldn’t take too long to get there. These have a top speed of 150 MPH.”

There was a slight moan in the background from the subject as Steve finished closing.

“SHUT THE HELL UP BACK THERE I AM TALKING HERE!” Dr. Weird was still holding onto the bottle of formaldehyde so he threw it in the general direction, off screen the bottle could be heard smashing against the floor.

He turned back around smiling, “Well if that’s all, off you go, I look forward to good news from you and if you have any problems with the negotiations try mentioning our free health and dental care.”

The hanger doors slowly began to open causing a small gust of wind to pull in the morning desert air along with some dirt and sand. Dr. Weird always did love the sight of barren wastelands in the morning. Steve was glad the he had provided a set of goggles to the group to help shield their eyes from the wind speeds and flying debris.

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
Sight Sharing [Novice] – 2/10

Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Near Horace's Tank
Saturday Morning
8:37 AM CT

Rather than setting himself in a stable stance, Rixil focused on Epoch’s hand in his, squeezing tightly to ensure the connection would withhold during their dimensional travels. With his left digits, he deftly dove into the bag at his backside and retrieved the small, humming orb that had brought him here. It too, had become invisible; otherwise the Korulian might have spent a moment mesmerized by its whirring insides. Closing his eyes, he focused on the planet which he called his own. The castle which he called home entered his mind, and he specifically moved to transport the two of them to the study, empty as he had left it. That way, if his illusions were broken over their jump, he would have the privacy to set them up again.

“We shall be traveling to Korul now. There, I will explain the entirety of the situation.” indicated the extra-terrestrial, trying not to get lost in all that would have to be explained when they arrived. Instead, he kept the image of home in his head, and focused his will on the device in hand. “Brace yourself, and do NOT let go of my hand.” Rixil warned Epoch, urgency in his voice. Gods forbid that the Human be left in between dimensions.

Rings of light captured the two of them, spinning and spreading to cover their entirety. Runic and rotating, the circles started at the center of the space between them and extended to encompass them from head to toe. A flash of light emanated from the columns produced, and when it disappeared, Rixil and the time-traveler were no longer there.

-----------

Skills:
Cast Illusion – (Alpha Class – 6/20)

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next