Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strawberry: Book of Shadows

Go down

Strawberry: Book of Shadows Empty Strawberry: Book of Shadows

Post  Strawberry Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:52 am

Name: Alyson Pratt
Nickname: Strawberry
Birthday: March 24, 1986
God: Hecate
Alignment: Heroine

I was never one for introductions, really. I guess that doesn't matter now. My name is Alyson. Nannie Pratt, my grandmother, gave me this book when I was nine years old. I was never allowed to write in it until now. Nannie, always called me Strawberry. I don't use that name anymore. Not since her passing. She's with you now, Hecate. That being said, I open this book now as my book of shadows. May the touch of unwanted fingers and the prying of unwanted eyes never touch your precious pages.

- July 17, 2005

Dear, Hecate, I have not been the most able to write in the last few days. I had to watch as the city of Munich put my Nannie in the ground. It seemed a disgrace to not have a proper ritual for for, so I held one myself, in your name the evening after. Not many people came to the funeral or the burial. We aren't well known around here. The only people who knew us were the few customers our shop would receive. Anyway, I digress. I write today to explain my abilities.

1. Wound of the Witch: The witch is bound to a god, and must balance his or her life to not become lost in the magic. It is possible for a good witch to be lost to a darker alignment. Emotions must be kept in check at all times. Negative emotions will push a user into using darker magic. When the witch uses dark magic a counter is added to his or her hud. After ten dark spells, the user will become trapped in a darker state, seeing the dark side of life. Each counter expires for every ten minutes that passes or for every green spell that is used. All of the witches skills require incantations and, if listed, other properties. - Passive

2. Potions: The user can create an array of potions. The ability is limited to the recipes that the witch has in his or her book of shadows. At Novice potions take ten minutes to make, an Alpha they take five minutes, a Superior two and a half minutes and at Master one minute. - Alpha
Known Potions:
Sleepy Tea (Neutral) - Incantation: "Hecate, Labiatae, Scutellaria, Lateriflora quisque orci in medicina." Needed: Skullcap and boiling water in cauldron. Affects: Causes the affected to fall asleep.

Healing Potion (Green) - Incantation: "Hecate, Myrtaceae, Eucalyptu, Globulus quisque orci in medicina." Needed: Eucalyptus, boiling water in cauldron. Affect: heals minor wounds.

Diarrhetic Drink (Black) - Incantation: "Hecate, Burseracea, Commiphora, Abyssinica, Myrrha serum letalis quis." Needed: Myrrh, Gingko, coriander, boiling water in cauldron. Affects: causes instant and severe diarrhea. - Added July 29, 2005

Render Bleeding (Dark) - Incantation: "Hecate, Leguminosae, Medicago, Sativa serum letalis quis." Needed Alfalfa, boiling water in cauldron. Affect: Causes one who drinks it to bleed from ones nose, eyes and mouth. - Added July 29, 2005

3. Enchanting: The user can create an array of enchantments, determined by the incantations in his or her book of shadows. At Novice enchantments take ten minutes to make, an Alpha they take five minutes, a Superior two and a half minutes and at Master one minute. - Novice Alpha
Known Enchantments:
Soothing Touch (Green) - Incantation: "Hecate, deae pacem huic individuo." Needed: 1 Ring, casting circle and candles. Affects: brings peace to an individual touched by the ring. The ring is soul bound to the first user and must be worn to use.

Grant Courage (Neutral) - Incantation: "Hecate, deam, hoc est summa virtus." Needed: 1 amulet or ring, casting circle and candles. Affects: Grants the wearer courage.

Vorpal Sword (Green) - Incantation: "Hecate, deae flores possunt tela crescat amor tuus." Needed: 1 amulet, casting circle and candles. Affects: Whenever a weapon, or projectile, is used against the wearer of this amulet, the weapons turn to flowers. This works ten times and is soul bound to the first wearer. - Added July 29, 2005

4. Warding Circle: The user sets up a ritual circle and can defend him or herself within the circle from all attacks. Incantation: "Hecate, dea, mortales tueri intra circulum. Liga nos lumen." The user can defend allies within the circle but cannot cast any other spells, the incantation must be sustained. Neutral. - Novice Alpha (Added January 5, 2006)

5. Glamour: The user can cast an array of glamours, determined by the incantations in his or her book of shadows. This alters the physical appearance of the target, but not the actual state of the target. Great for disguises. Glamours are broken by the will of the caster. They also wear off if the person, item, or place is harmed significantly. - Novice Alpha (Added November 10, 2010)

Known Glamours
Alter Person (Neutral) - Incantation: "Hecate, dea immutat faciem illius personae." Affects: changes a persons appearance. - (Added November 10, 2010)

I've known these skills for some time now. Nannie Pratt would teach me whatever she could. Perhaps soon I will have a computer and I could search the internet for more recipes.

- July 17, 2005
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Strawberry: Book of Shadows Empty Re: Strawberry: Book of Shadows

Post  Strawberry Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Somewhere between 9/10/10 and 9/14/10 new pages appeared in my Book of Shadows. It even gave me a new spell!

- September 14, 2010

Dark Magic (Hecate's Rage):

1. Fireball: The user can cast a fireball thats a foot in diameter. At Superior and above, the fireball explodes violently. - Novice (Added 9/10/10)
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down