Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

+8
Dark Coyote
Akvo
Noah the Arc Bearer
Night Terror
Ike
Dr. Weird
Sol
Epoch
12 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun - Page 4 Empty Re: 3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

Post  Ike Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:36 am

Somewhere over South Dakota
9:50:19 P.M.

"Heh, I'm actually glad I didn't go through whatever happened to you guys," Ike said making an uncomfortable look at the unique syringe that jabbed Akvo walking up beside Dr. Weird. "You're lucky, I had to wait it out before I could actually get a name out of the doctor here. But I guess that can happen when lives are threatened and possible loss of an ally. So, I'll ask you not to shoot or freeze me please." Ike waves with a friendly smile at Akvo.

Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:06 am

9:47:45 P.M.

The needle plunges into his arm.

It's longer than I thought.

The pain goes away nearly as quickly as it comes.
Everything became a little more clear.
It was like a vignette was suddenly removed from the world.
It was like all of his body parts were asleep and then suddenly passed the tingling sensation and jumped straight to normal.
His mind turned back on. Soon he was thinking twenty thoughts at a time instead of just one.
Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion.
He even felt stronger than before.
Like he had just done three months of weight training.

"Thanks. I should have let you do that sooner. I feel whole." Akvo said to the scientist, "I don't like killing people, and I don't like threatening people. I just had a lot to take in."

It was like he just had eight shots of espresso

"Forgive my jittery-ness, please continue what you were doing. I need to think" Akvo said.

I need to think clearly. Focus. One thought at a time. Stop this mile a minute bullshit.

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 11 /30
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 4/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 5/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:29 am

9:51:33 P.M.

Standing up after giving his cocktail to Twisted Fate, and noticing that Ike was coming up behind him, “IKE, IF YOU’RE HERE THEN WHO THE HELL IS PILOTING THE HELICOPTER.”

Jumping back into the pilot seat and correcting the flight course. “And here I was wondering if Bobby Drake would be the one to kill me.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:42 am

9:51:00 P.M.

Taking advantage of the commotion and lack of piloting Akvo uses his temporary gift of super consciousness to acquire one of the parachutes he noticed while scanning the surroundings.

He puts it on and steps towards the hatch.
Akvo rolls for stealth Odd rolls indicate his movement towards the exit go unnoticed while Even rolls indicate he was spotted.
Random number (1,10) : 9

If he goes unnoticed his odds of failing to open the hatch are 1-3 while 4-10 are successful rolls
Random number (1,10) : 6

If he WAS noticed his odds of failing to open the hatch are 1-5 while 6-10 are successful rolls
Random number (1,10) : 8

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:23 am

9:51:55 P.M.

Ike walks over coolly to the pilot seat next to Dr. Weird. "Umm......Doc......," Ike points at a red lit bulb on the control board. "Its......uh........on autopilot, I assumed you already had us on course so I was curious on what was going on back there. ............Who the hell is Bobby Drake?"

Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:26 pm

9:52:36 P.M.

“AUTOPILOT, HELICOPTERS DON’T HAVE AUTOPILOT, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS.” Shouted Dr. Weird, and then noticing the blink red light that Ike was taking about. This was three inches away from where earlier he had ripped out the GPS tracking unit.

“THAT LIGHT IS BROKEN; I RIPPED OUT THE GPS UNIT RIGHT AFTER I STOLE THIS THING.” Raising his fist he sends it into the console where the blinking light is and pulled out another fist full of wires and circuits.

Calming back down, Ike’s last question finally caught up with him. “What do you mean I was just talking to him?”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 pm

9:52:00 P.M

Akvo had never done anything like this before. At any other point in his life he would have been terrified, but the cocktail of steroids and painkillers made him feel ten feet tall and bullet proof. He glances over his shoulder before jumping out of the helicopter.

The ground is rapidly approaching him before he pulls his chute and starts gliding toward the ground.

I hope it takes them a minute or two to notice.

Akvo rolls for a landing 1 indicates heavy damage 2-3 sprained ankle 4-5 rough landing but minimal damage 6-10 soft landing

Akvo rolls for where he lands 1-3 open land 4-6 amongst trees 7-9 near a small street 10 near a major highway

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 pm

9:52:58 P.M.

“The guy who just jumped out while we were talking,” says a mildly disappointed Dr. Weird.

“Oh well not like I won’t be able to find again.” Picking up the old bandages soaked in blood and pocketing them.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Highway 240
9:55:00 PM

It was dark Akvo landed gently near a road.

That was fortunate

He took the chute off and piled it under some nearby foliage.

Best to not leave a trail.

He looked up for the North star and headed up the road.

Not the most worthless skill in the world

The road was clear. A car couldn't be heard at all.

Better move quickly while I can even move at all.

He began to jog north on 240.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Highway 240
10:05:00 PM

Akvo slows down his jogging. The steroids still strong but one can only run so much. He walks steadily, still heading north.

Roll for passing car. 1-6 no cars for ten minutes 7-10 a car makes it's way north.
Roll for passengers if there is a car 1-2 Family of four 3-4 three teenagers of one gender 5-6 adult male 7-8 adult female 9-10 old couple.
Random number (1,10) : 3

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:29 pm

9:55:00 PM

"I suppose our "iceman" isn't needed enough to pursue?" Ike asked looking down for an opened parachute.

"Sorry about the mishap, thought it would've been upgraded for cruise control with your handy work Doc," Ike looking to Dr. Weird, happy that he calmed down then back to the dark landscape out the window. "Did you happen to get his name?"
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:00 pm

9:58:58 P.M.

“I AM A MAD SCIENTIST NOT A MIRACLE WORKER,” as Dr. Weird’s head popped up form examining his pocket which held the rags and pulling them back out.

His thoughts racing all over and multiple places at once, “DAM, HE LEFT WITH OUT SAYING GOOD BYE….AND TELLING US HIS NAME.” Holding tightly on the blood soaked rags which were previously used to cover Akvo’s wounds thinking about the lost possibilities for research and a powerful accomplish. Not many people in the world have elemental powers.

Suddenly Dr. Weird’s vision blurred briefly and when it came back into focus he was looking at Akvo running north on 240. And just as fast as it came it was gone; he was back in the helicopter with Ike sitting beside him starring out the window. An insidious smile grew across his face. “HEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA, NOW NOTHING IS BEYOND MY SIGHT.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Somewhere in the Black Hills of South Dakota
10:00:00PM

Dark Coyote crawls quietly through the trees. Not really caring much where he was going. Nothing exciting had happened to him in a long time and he didn't much care if anything did.

He climbs a tree to look around and get a feel for the layout of the land. He spies the lights of a city far below to his east but doesn't much care. If he needs he will go through it, if not, no use caring. He sits down on the branch and leans back against the trunk. This will make a good spot to rest.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory in the Bad Lands
10:14:43 P.M.

Dr. Weird lands the helicopter in front of a giant old rusted warehouse, and two rather large doors opened and his pod went flying in. Dr. Weird stepped out from the chopper and pulled out his universal remote. A small unmanned truck came out and hooked itself up to the helicopter as another small vehicle came out and Twisted Fate was moved on to it and taken inside and the chopper was taken to his chop shop.

“Come alone now Carrionite,” walking through the set of monstrous closing doors. “I’ll give you the dime tour after I deal with Sweet and Sour Chicken here.”

The Medical Wing
10:35:01

After walking down several long corridors with Twisted Fate on an auto-gurney right behind, eventually walking into the medical wing of the structure. Now back in his usual attire Dr. Weird stood over T.F. and began to treat his wounds. After several minutes he walked over to a drawer and brought out a hypodermic syringe, proceeding back over to the operating table Dr. Weird began to inject it into Twisted’s arm.

“RISE AND SINE, ITS MAYHEM TIME.”

The time 10:45:05
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:43 pm

The time 10:45:15
Takeshi’s eyes burst wide open as he felt a massive spike of renewed energy surging through his body. His vision was severely blurred from being out cold, his face was drenched with sweat. Takeshi craned his neck at the blurred visage that was, indeed, his “compatriot” Dr.Weird. Takeshi sat up in the gurney, there was a sharp sudden pain where he had been struck by the masked man’s energy spike. Takeshi wiped the cold sweat from his face, then queried to Dr.Weird,” What the fuck happened?! Where are we, and where’s that dammed ice man that I saved from those worthless pest’s?!”
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Science Labs in Bryant, SD
10:45:30 PM

***BOOM***

A huge explosion erupts in the basement of the building causing pieces of brick, wood, and flesh to scatter around the vicinity; while the earth begins to pulse erupting a minor earthquake to nearby locations. The building is up in flames and Yilana walks out of it without any burns except for a couple minor scratches.

"Damn that felt good," Yilana says after putting the flamethrower around her shoulders.
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:44 pm

10:48:23 P.M.

“Well good morning to you too there Rising Sun.” says Dr. Weird greeting the newly risen Twisted Fate.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

The time 10:56:09

"Well, Iceman 86'd us, the pests were taken care of thanks to the doctor, you were knocked unconscious for the longest time, picked me up in Vermillion while getting supplies, that may not be in chronological order but meh." Ike standing somewhat next to Dr. Weird looking over the reawakened and angry asian.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Somewhere outside Bryant, SD
10:58:34 PM

After about 10 minutes of wandering around, Yilana stopped in the woods and stretched. "Time for a nap," she mumbles to herself. She throws the flamethrower onto a branch some feet above her and rests on a huge limb of the tree and starts dozing off.
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 pm

The time 10:57:10

Takeshi, shifted his legs over the edge of the table, looking around at his surroundings… the incandescent lighting in the room pierced his still cloudy eyes, there were various medical equipment positioned throughout the room immediately catching Takeshi’s interest. Suddenly regaining his focus, Takeshi craned his neck back at the mysterious man on the opposing side of the table.
“Damn, the iceman’s elemental powers greatly interested me…” Takeshi pressed himself from the table and onto his feet, his balance was still off from the various cocktails of med's Weird had been shoving into his body for the last hours…”and who might you be, one of Hirams lackey’s perhaps?” Takeshi insinuated, raising his eyebrow.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:16 pm

The time 11:00:00 PM

"Sorry, I'm no one's lackey. Just another psychopath set on world devastation and destruction. So don't put me lower than anyone you've met, I'm more deadly than you realize." Ike said smiling with some deviance toward the asian man.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:24 pm

The time 11:00:40 PM

Takeshi walked up to Ike, firmly patting him on the back, grinning cynically,” Psychopath?.... world devastation? My friend, I believe our motives are similar, attitudes…alike, I believe, you and I will get along just fine, now….” glancing across the operating table at Dr. Weird,” I assume this is your lab… now tell me, where can I get started on my….research?”
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 pm

11:03:14 P.M.

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME IT IS, I’LL SHOW YOU TWO DOORSTOP DROP OFFS WHERE YOU REST FOR THE NIGHT. FOLLOW ME.” Leaving the medical room and turning down a few corridors to the lower level Dr. Weird stopping at a storage closet and grabbed two bags out of it and threw one at each of the two standing behind him. “Pick whatever nearly empty storage unit you want we can continue in the morning. There is a cot and blankets inside those bags, well I will see in the morning.”

He starts walking down the hall towards his lab. “Oh and one more thing,” looking over his shoulder with a massive grin across his face. “Don’t go wondering around paced this area, my automated defense system will kill anything that does not make my genetic signature. Well then good night gentlemen.”

Ike, taking the bag given to him walks up to a door and opens it. “I guess this place will do for tonight.” Looking into a room half filled with crates. He picked a spot and set up his temporary bed for the night.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:09 pm

The time 11:06:27 PM

Takeshi stalked down the long corridor of storage units until he found one large enough to suit him. As Takeshi set up his cot he thought he muttered to himself, “Hrmph, this storage unit is smaller than my old apartment in Kyoto… great..”

Takeshi fell backwards onto his cot, extraordinarily exhausted from the day that had ensued, thoughts of the events of the day cascaded through his mind…

The “Blue Streak”… “He put up quite a fight… for someone so young and likely inexperienced..And his teleportation powers…extraordinary.” Takeshi thought to himself.

The masked man, “Bastard, if it wasn’t for him maybe I would know what the hell was going on, first chance I get, I will kill him..” Takeshi then pondered.

Finally… Dr. Weird, “A hard man to read, perhaps he will be a valuable ally, a fellow doctor could be nice in my research, but what a bizarre and scrambled psyche he has…” Takeshi lastly contemplated as he slowly drifted into unconsciousness.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 pm

11:03:14 P.M.

Walking into his computer lab Dr. Weird stepped up to a console and after a few key strokes brought up the blue prints for his pod. “STEVE FIRE UP THE FACOTORY, WE ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME CHANGES. TODAYS EVENTS SHOWED ME THAT WE NEED TO STEP UP MY “PROJECTS” AND FIGHTING CAPABILITIES.”

“Right away sir.” Rang out Steve

“I WANT EVERYTHING READY TO GO IN THE MORNING; WE WILL START WITH THE MARK – 7 ORBITAL OBSERVATIONAL PLATFORM.” Stepping away from the computer and heading for the door. “Wake me at 7 we have a long day ahead of us.”

Heading down another darkened hallway in the direction of his room, Dr. Weird pulled the rags out of his pocket. “I should try to do that again,” while focusing on the rags and trying to picture an image of Akvo in his mind.

Dr. Weird is attempting to use his Scry – 1- 8 FAIL, 9- 10 SUCCEED

Random number (1,10) : 3

Random number (1,10) : 5

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down