Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

+8
Dark Coyote
Akvo
Noah the Arc Bearer
Night Terror
Ike
Dr. Weird
Sol
Epoch
12 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun - Page 3 Empty Re: 3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Vermillion, SD
Subway
9:01:48 pm

"Yes, and wait till you see our health benefits, HEHAHA." Walking up to the car he stole near the hospital Dr. Weird wrapping his knuckles on the trunk. "Lets take mine there is somebody I need to leave at the hospital."
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:58 PM

"That what Quantum told ya? Eh, well he's right. But don't tell him I said that" Changeling said with a slight smirk.

"As far as plans, I've got none really. Though sleep does sound good..." Taking a handful of fries and swirling them in ketchup.

"Maybe after I've rested more I'll do some training. After all, those guy's skulls won't crack themselves."
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:14 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
8:58 PM

Epoch let a smile crawl across is face, it felt good to think about getting back at those guys, maybe this is what it was like having nemeses? "You got that right, skull don't tend to crack themselves."

The two remained there, eating and commenting under their breath about things that they might do to each of the villains. Words like, melt, maim, break, and even dissect were thrown around. As the meal reached a close, the waitress returned with two checks and Epoch thought, could this be how the older heroes recuperated after similar losses?

The checks came, and the two paid for their meals and left meager tips. Epoch and Changeling left the diner and strolled together.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Oklahoma City
John's Diner
9:01 PM

Slightly patting his stomach, "A full belly sure is nice, especially after those festivities."

The cool night air blowing through the streets, sending newspapers rustling about.

The glow of streetlights illuminating the city.

"Ahhh... So. What's it like to travel through time...like... does it hurt? Or it more like blinking and just being there?"
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Oklahoma City
Outside John's Diner
9:01 PM

Epoch thought for a moment as the two walked toward Station 7, "Well, first of all I get this tingling feeling all over my body, like every inch of me is asleep. Also I get this feeling that I can't breathe at all, like there's no air around me to be had. Teleporting on the other hand, only has the suffocating, breathless, affect. Even though it sounds extreme or scary, I only have those feelings for that split second that I am having the experience, so I got used to it after a few tries. However, Quantum noticed that my aging may be affected by it, so he has arranged that, every now and then, I report to the med-lab, upon request, for testing."

He went silent for a moment, "how about those pretty impressive masks?"
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:44 am

Oklahoma City
Outside John's Diner
9:02 PM

"To tell ya the truth, I'm not exactly sure how they work. It's kinda weird really, I just feel a connection to them. They call out to me and I hear them like voices in my head. They beg to be discovered, and when I do they make this... like bond with me and when I wear them I gain abilities."

Changeling's gaze begins to drift off, deep in thought. Painful memories flash through his mind slicing like a razor. Changeling withdraws into himself and only the thud of each step grounds him to reality.
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:45 am

Vermillion, SD
Hospital Roof
9:10:15 pm

Up on the roof Dr. Weird was loading the medical equipment and medicine that he got from the hospital into the chopper. “And that is why when you wear a lab coat and carry government ID you can get anything you want without explaining anything.”

As he loaded up the last box steroids, “There we go, now to introduce you to other two strays I picked up today.” Stepping over the comatose bodies in the back and hooking up an IV drip from the recently liberated supplies and adding in just a hint of his own special blend. “I WOULD LIKE YOU TO MEET THE MINNESOTA ICEMAN,” motioning towards Akvo “AND WALTER CHANG.” Pointing towards Hazata Takeshi.

Moving back up to the cock pit and summoning down his pod to follow and starting the engines on the helicopter. “NOW IT YOU WOULD PLEASE STRAP IN PUPPET MASTER, WE CAN SET OFF.”

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : WE)
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:05 am

Oklahoma City
Entryway to NSS Station 7
9:10:15 PM

Epoch and Changeling walked through the entrance of the Station, the two night guards in their little glass cube watch rooms sat comfortably and briefly and gave small, welcoming, gestures to the two. Both new heroes were very frequently seen passing through this portal, and the guards had become accustom to their faces and footsteps.

The two walked together, the brisk air that lacked conversation swept between them. It was a decently cool night in the city, and both young men had their minds busy with other things. Epoch was slightly shaky in his breaths as his nerves hit him about what would be happening the next morning. He was far from prepared to go back into one of those God-forsaken holding tanks. Living in the Mutant Containment Facility was a decade-long nightmare that he did not want to relive. Sure, he did manage to break free a few years back, and yeah, he was even reunited with his family (though now it was mostly a holiday affair), but things weren't all just peaches and gravy; he had no urge to ever set foot in one of those places ever again. If there were anything in this great universe that could influence his political views it would be this horrible white tanks.

Huffing out a big sigh, Epoch reached his dorm room and set his hand on the doorknob, "Have a good night, Changeling, we'll bust some skulls next time."
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:44 am

Vermillion, SD
Hospital Roof
9:13:52 pm

"These are the guys that fought with you?" Looking over the two unconscious and plausibly near death, battered bodies. "I understand the "Iceman" has power over ice elements, but what about........what's his name?" Ike asked after hopping into the chopper and working his way to passenger seat.

"Oh and since I'm taking requests at the moment, your speakers please?" Dr. Weird quickly scoops up the mini-amps from his coat and hands them to Ike. Ike hooks them up to his portable radio and plays searches for a song letting it blare out. "Hope they don't mind if this music wakes them up, hahahah!"

Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV3DJzT0ndI
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7 Dormitory
Room 419
9:12 PM

Epoch closed the door behind himself, not knowing that he would never see Changeling again. He sighed deeply, knowing that the was finally going to wrap up what had seemed to be the longest day he had ever lived. Before he could convince himself to sleep, however, he had one more task at hand. While preparing for bed, Epoch thought to himself, I'm going to do it, I'm going to teleport one last time.

After having changed out of his usual clothes, he stood by his laundry drop, and stared intently at his bed. This time, he thought, it just had to work. He was going to send himself to the bed, and then he would call it a night.

(Epoch attempts to teleport 1-8 it fails, 9-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 6

(If it fails Epoch attempts to teleport again 1-8 it fails, 9-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 1

Random number (1,10) : 7

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Novice] 9/10
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Somewhere over South Dakota

9:20:48 P.M.

“DAM IT, THIS GAME CHEATS TOO. HOW THE HELL DO THE GHOSTS KNOW WHERE THE FUCK I AM GOING. I need some new games, SCREW PACMAN.” Dr. Weird was having another fit over another classic game. Switching it off to browse through the list of pirated games he got from the Internet.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7 Dormitory
Room 419
9:13 PM

"Damn it!" Epoch declared, unable to teleport, "I was getting so much better at it! I just want to do it one last time." He shakes his hands a bit and closes his eyes, "Once more, just one more try, and if it doesn't work, bed time."

(Epoch attempts to teleport 1-8 it fails, 9-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 2

Random number (1,10) : 4

Random number (1,10) : 4

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Novice] 9/10
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7 Dormitory
Room 419
9:14 PM

"Well, shit," Epoch grumbled. It was time to rest, and he thought that maybe he could get it in the morning before shipping out. He crawled into bed, and the lights shut off as they always did when the bed was crawled into. Before long, he slipped into sleep.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:23 pm

9:25:51 P.M.

"Hey Doc, how soon til we arrive at our destination?" Ike asked looking over the roads streaming with lights from moving vehicles.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:24 am

9:26:32 P.M.

“CHRISTOPHER LLOYD, THAT’S THE GUY I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO THINK OF FOR THE PAST THREE DAYS I FUCKING LOVE THAT GUY.” Shouts Dr. Weird in response this was going to be a while before he got back to Ike’s question.

“CHRISTOPHER LLOYD WAS IN THAT ONE MOVIE WITH MICHEAL JAY FOX AND THAT BITCHEN DELORIAN HE MADE AND THEY HAD TO GET MICHEAL’S PARENTS BACK TOGETHER OR ELSE HE WOULDN’T EXCIST ANYMORE.HE ALSO WAS IN WHO FRAMED ROGDER RABBIT AS THE INSANE CARTOON VILLIAN JUDGE DOOM WHO WANTED TO PAVE OVER TOON TOWN AND BUILD A FREEWAY.” Pausing to take a short breath. “HE PLAYED PROFESOR PLUM IN THE MOVIE BASED ON THE CLUE GAME, THE MOVIE WAS OK BUT IT NEEDED BETTER WRITING, BUT THAT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES TO PLAY GROWING UP. HE ALSO HAD PLAYED SOME ROLES ON SOME TV SERIES. THERE WAS THIS ONE SERIES HE GUEST STARTED ON BUT SADLY THE SHOW LASTED FOR HALF A SEASON AND ENDED ON A LOW NOTE. WHICH IS TOO BAD BECAUSE THE MOVIES WERE AMAZING.”

Coming back down from the rant, Dr. Weird pulled out his hand held again. “You might want to sit back and take a nap or something we still have about 40 minutes till we get there. I think I might watch The Adams Family.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Akvo pulls the IV out of arm. He trembles as the needle leaves his arm. His shudders have nothing to do with the cold. He was always cold.

"Always." He thought.

He stepped down from his bed and stumbled making a loud noise.

Akvo rolls to be overheard Odd numbers indicate he is heard and Even numbers indicate that the noise goes unnoticed.
Random number (1,10) : 8

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 11 /30
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 4/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 5/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:15 pm

9:39:54 P.M.

“WELL WELL WELL, LOOKS WHO IS FINALLY AWAKE.” Said Dr. Weird as Akvo stumbles awake.

“YOU MIGHT WANT TO SIT BACK DOWN UNLESS YOU WANT TO FALL OUT. IKE COULD YOU
TAKE OVER FOR A WHILE I NEED TO EXAMINE FROST BITE HERE.” Looking at Ike Dr. Weird was not sure if he knew how. “ITS EASY, JUST HOLD THE STICK HERE STRAIGHT.”

“DON’T WORRY FRIEND I AM ON YOUR SIDE. I PULLED YOU OUT OF THAT MESS JUST AFTER EVERYONE ELSE PASSED OUT. NOW WE ARE HEADING BACK TO MY HEADQUARTERS.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 pm

9:41:00 PM
Akvo raised his hands.

"Stay where you are. You might have saved me from that mess but you still owe me some answers." Akvo said as he braced himself and began taking in the surroundings.

"Who are you? Why did you save me? Where are we? You better answer, I've killed over a dozen people in less than twenty-four hours. You've done me a great service and killing you would be an unfortunate denouement." Akvo said firmly though he was still trembling, his eyes still darting around the helicopter.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:09 am

9:43:10 P.M.

“Easy now, you kill me and everyone here dies unless you know how to pilot a Bell CH-146 Griffon helicopter which by your appearance you can’t, and you say you killed a dozen people big deal, I’ve killed over hundreds. I stare death in the face every day.” Dr. Weird was just standing there all calm with a grin on his face. Not threatened by the fact that he just said he was going to attempt to kill him.

“Normally I don’t answer rapid fire questions, but just this once I think I will make an acceptation.” Dr. Weird was still staring down the deranged injured man who looked like he was going to fall over any second.

“I am Dr. Weird, and I saved you because we can help each other and I can improve your powers. And as for where we are,” Dr. Weird pulled out his computer and checked the readers before putting it back, “we are roughly 20 minutes from my base in the Bad Lands. NOW SIT DOWN BEFORE YOU MAKE YOU INJURES WORSE.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:18 am

Akvo drops his hands and takes a seat.

"Thanks for answering my questions maybe I shouldn't have been so rash. I just woke up from a hell of a dream. You wouldn't believe the things I had to go through." Akvo said.

He looks down. He's in a hospital night gown.

"Where are my real clothes?" Akvo said.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:39 am

9:44:58 P.M.

“Your clothes?” Dr. Weird thought for a moment, “OH YOUR CLOTHES, YEAH THOSE I PUT THOSE IN THE BAG UNDER THE COT OVER THERE.” Pointing to the duffle bag where place Akvo’s cloths.

“NOW SIT DOWN AND STICK OUT YOUR ARM.” He pulled out another syringe, and fresh bandages.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 am

Akvo grabs for the bag.

He notices the scientist reaching for his arm.

"Now wait just a minute.... What are you filling me with? I don't think I need any drugs. I feel fine." He said shakily.

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:55 am

9:45:43 P.M.

“REALAX, THIS WILL MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER, I DON’T KNOW IF YOU KNOW THIS BUT YOU WERE A FUCKING MESS WHEN I GOT THERE. IF I DON’T GIVE THIS TO YOU THE PAIN KILLERS WILL WEAR OFF YOU AND THE PAIN WILL BE ENEMSE. PLUS THIS IS GOING TO REPLENESH AND STRENGHTEN YOU BODY.” Dr. Weird backing off just momentarily to explain why he needs this.

“NOW, JUST CHILL THE FUCK OUT ICE CUBE, I am not going to kill you. As I said we can help each other out. The services we can provide to each other will be of great value and importance in the near future.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 am

9:46:33 P.M.

Akvo considers. "I'm going to put my clothes on. and then I'll let you do your stuff. I just can't process all this so quickly."

He puts everything but his coat on putting his arm out.

"Give me the shot fast. I fucking hate needles. Give me some space to think when you're done. This is a lot to process.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:15 am

9:47:24 P.M.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!!!” Shouted Dr. Weird to distract Akvo then plunging the needle in his arm and injecting the serum into his arm.

“There you go,” looking over the other cot where Twisted Fate was lying. “I should give Chow Yun Fat another dose as well.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next