Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7) Arc 3: Siege on Munich and the Earl of Equilibrium

+15
Tolpki
Epoch
Legion
Marah Fae Daisha
Nimo
Azriel Darksky
Akvo
Dark Coyote
Strawberry
Tang Le
Skylar Raige
Dr. Weird
Ike
Meniere
Noah the Arc Bearer
19 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

7) Arc 3: Siege on Munich and the Earl of Equilibrium - Page 2 Empty Re: 7) Arc 3: Siege on Munich and the Earl of Equilibrium

Post  Meniere Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:14 pm

SDSP Super wing-solitary confinement
7:08 am CT 9/10/11

"Don't even say it i'm trying" prosper said as he readied himself for another bout

prosper uses render unconscious on the man (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 2

Random number (1,10) : 4

Random number (1,10) : 8

Meniere

Back to top Go down

7) Arc 3: Siege on Munich and the Earl of Equilibrium - Page 2 Empty Re: 7) Arc 3: Siege on Munich and the Earl of Equilibrium

Post  Meniere Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:21 pm

7:10 am CT 9/10/11

No Dice! prosper thought to himself, looking at the man he noticed blood trickling slowly out of his ears.

"Hey guys he's bleeding, you should probably get him to the infirmary or something."

"You will continue to use your powers on the man or be punished" the voice roared.

"Fuck you man, i'm not killing a guy for no reason, go ahead and punish me but i'm done here"
prosper shouted back at the voice. Immediately afterward a door open and 4 men piled in wearing riot gear and holding clubs of some type.

"So that's the plan, beat me till i use my power?" prosper chuckled, "Fine i'll use those powers
prosper uses induce nausea on 3 of the guards (1-5 fail, 6-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 5
Random number (1,10) : 1

prosper uses render unconscious on the last guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 6
prosper uses render unconscious on the last (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

Meniere

Back to top Go down

Post  Meniere Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:32 pm

(post edited to remove quote tags)

7:10 am CT 9/10/11

The 3 guards double over puking into their riot gear.
and there goes them having a good day prosper thought as the last guard approached him and took a swing. Prosper took the hit and fell to the ground.

"shit you're a strong fella aren't you" prosper quipped as he heard the door slide closed sealing him in the room. "Let's see how you feel about this"

Random number (1,1) : 1

Random number (1,1) : 1

Random number (9,9) : 9

Last edited by Meniere on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Meniere

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Doctor Weirds Lab
6:21 AM

Skylar was leaning on the wall while the doctor made his spiel. After Ike had gotten done asking for the weapon, Skylar figured no one was going to leave so now was as good time as any. He stepped foreword to the table and tossed his Pitboy onto the table.

“I am not your lap dog, employee, or anything. I didn’t ask to come here and now you want to monitor my powers while I find something for you? I am not giving you information on my powers.” Skylar leaned against the wall again.

------------------------------------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (18/30)
Seismic Clap (Superior) – (26/30)
Earthquake (Alpha) – (15/20)
Aerial Propulsion (Novice) – (7/10)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Azriel Darksky Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:55 am

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Wednesday Morning
6:22 AM MT

Azriel watched as the one who he assumed was the Puppet master handed the Doctor a piece of paper with some weapon he wanted on it and thought that he would ask the Doctor for some new toys of his own since the assault rifle had been taken when he arrived. He managed to hold onto only his two knives and they were not enough for him to fight with if he ran out of bullets in his special gun. He made a list on the pit boy of possible guns to ask for later on but for now he wondered if he could get a 9 mm from the Doctor and a couple of magazines of ammo.

Before he could even finish his final thoughts and stand the one called Skylar moved forward and threw the pitboy down on the table and refused to work with everyone else. 'Stubborn kid was sure to get into trouble if he did't calm down he thought. Oh well he's not my kid I'm not gonna take care of him."

Once Skylar was done Azriel asked if the Doctor would be kind enough to provide some fun little toys for improvised situations that may or may not happen and slipped him a list with the following on it:

A grenade belt that holds 2 fragmentation grenades and 2 smoke grenades "I would also like to request the 2 smoke grenades I have 2 Fragmentation grenades already so I won't need more of those. Sorry I hid those on the way in I didn't know if I could trust everyone yet and I still don't, but for now I'll go along with the plan Doc."

A new backpack that dispensed 50. cal Ammo for a Desert Eagle; 3 clips on each side (so he could leave his old one in his room to keep his little keepsake safe). The backpack would have to be able to hold the grenade belt for stealth purposes and he would not need the Desert Eagle to go along with the ammo. To the Doctor, "Trust me I won't be needing one. I just want the bullets."

Azriel looked at the so called Puppet Master named Ike musing at the outline he had seen on through the back of the paper and said "I do like your style however, from what I saw through the back of that paper, that toy looked like a very nice piece of equipment."

After He was finished asking for his little gifts he also thanked the doctor for the pit boy and returned to his seat.
________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Wall Crawling [Passive]
Atmospheric Adaptation [Passive]
Specialized Weapon Manipulation [Alpha] – 8/20
Arial Jump [Novice] – 6/10
Azriel Darksky
Azriel Darksky

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Dr. Weird's Lab in the Badlands
6:22am MT

Le was annoyed enough that she had to stop in the middle of her training for a meeting. Then that one, Sky something, decided to be contrary. He did not look like the sky, so his name caused her pause. But she really did not care enough. She wanted to be back to training. She pulled out her cell and opened up her e-mail. Oh right, I am supposed to be running a buisiness, aren't I? she mused, scrolling through the past few days of unanswered requests. Maybe I should answer so they stop calling me. Then I can focus on this mission for the Doctor. Maybe it'll give some leads on my mother.

Le continues in her musings, not terribly interested in what is going on with everyone else in the room.

----------------
Hair Growth: Passive
Hair Arms: 4/20
Hair Hammer: 0/20
Hair Shield: 0/10
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Dr. Weird’s Lab in the Badlands
6:22 A.M. MT

Dr. Weird leaned back in his chair still facing Ike, as he took in what Skylar had just said.

Darksky had just come forward and made his humble request. He smiled and told him, “You can have what ever need. Steve will have your requests brought to you shortly.”

Dr. Weird turned his chair to face Skylar, but was looking a few feet to his left. The smile that was on his face was gone, replaced with a stern expression as cold as stone.

“I’m sorry; I guess free food, water, shelter, and protection aren’t enough you huh. And as for the monitoring your abilities, that is a force of habit. Being a scientist and all its all second nature me wanting to understand how you all work. And I hate to break to you but I already have some data on you. I have the recorded footage my droids made when they went out to find you. I also have a few scans of you bio-signature when I gave you access to the first level of my lab.”

He then tilted his head to directly face Skylar, and raised one hand and placed his index finger to his temple. “Your Raging Roar and Seismic Clap are best you skills, and Earthquake is not too bad. But your Arial Propulsion isn’t all that great but I think it’s not too far off from getting stronger. But if you think that I still owe you for anything please feel free to tell me.”

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Superior] – 0/30
Sight Sharing [Alpha] – 0/20
Cyber Steve – Passive
Digital Weird [Novice] – 5/10
[Unknown] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimo Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:57 pm

NSS HQ
Oklahoma City
Mission Briefing Room
7:05 AM CT

Nimo stopped fidgeting when he heard "Five minutes ago". He didn't know if the president was being literal or not. Five minutes ago? Did the guy he heard about that could travel back in time return from his whatever-mystery-mission? He sure hoped they didn't actually have to travel back five minutes. That would sure be disorienting!

Speaking of disorienting, this Prosper fellow must be a pretty interesting guy if the NSS were sending a team specifically to pick him up. Nimo didn't really have a problem breaking him out of prison, even. Sure, bad people go to prison, but his dad Guillermo had always ranted about how they were jailing men for just anything nowadays. Besides, Prosper is a really fun name!

Oh, come to think of it, if we have to break someone out of the big house I'm gonna need some special equipment... Nimo gave Jackson a (hopefully) respectful salute and took off at a run through the door they had come in by. Time travel or not, Nimo was heading for the rendezvous point he had been shown before, and right away. Jackson always made him a little... uncomfortable. Jackson was so loud and, well he always seemed to be angry about something. Nimo had much preferred his physics lessons with the more reserved Prof. Quantum to meetings with the president.

Nimo took off in the direction of the cafeteria for his additional "equipment". Even though the NSS had provided him with one of their corny jumpsuits, he still preferred to wear his normal clothes over the top of it, along with his jumbo backpack. There was just too much useful stuff in that thing to go anywhere without it!

Wow, if I want to get that stuff and still beat Aquilo to the meeting place, I'm gonna have to hurry! Nimo tried to put on his best speed to make the round trip in time.

Nimo attempts to use novice skill Super Speed. 1-8 is a failure, 9-10 is a success.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use novice skill Super Speed. 1-8 is a failure, 9-10 is a success.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use novice skill Super Speed. 1-8 is a failure, 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 7

Super Speed [Novice] - 4/10
Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimo Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:01 am

NSS HQ
Oklahoma City
Mission Briefing Room
7:07 AM CT

Oh come on! I can't be late for my very first mission! Nimo pumped his legs and did his best to put himself on turbo speed. He knew the special equipment he needed would be as pivotal to his role in the mission as his trusty Batarang. Okay, maybe not quite as important as the Batarang, but too important to neglect to take along.

Nimo attempts to use novice skill Super Speed. 1-8 is a failure, 9-10 is a success.

Random number (1,10) : 3

If all fail, Nimo will have to arrive at the meeting place shortly after Aquilo.

Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Meniere Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:54 am

7:11 am CT 9/10/11

The last guard falls over, prosper walks up to him and picks up his club

"looks like you boys are trapped in here with me" prosper said softly, as he walked towards the 3 puking guards

prosper uses render unconscious on the first guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

prosper uses render unconscious on the second guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

prosper uses render unconscious on the third guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

Meniere

Back to top Go down

Post  Meniere Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 am

The guards start to collect themselves and start ripping off their helmets to get away from vomit lining the inside.

"No, this doesn't suit you guys very well" prosper chuckled

prosper uses induce nausea on the 3 guards (1-5 fail, 6-10 success)

prosper continued walking slowly over to the guards

Meniere

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Doctor Weirds Lab
6:24 AM

Skylar glares at Doctor weird for a moment before once again raising his concerns.

“You had me brought here against my will. Mind boy over there had me in handcuffs that made me powerless. If it wasn’t for Miss Coma, I wouldn’t even of gotten them off. How can I trust you? How do I know that you aren’t trying to turn me into one of your lackeys. What do you have that can make me trust that here is where I should stay rather than to just leave you now?”
------------------------------------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (18/30)
Seismic Clap (Superior) – (26/30)
Earthquake (Alpha) – (15/20)
Aerial Propulsion (Novice) – (7/10)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Doctor Weirds Lab
6:24 AM

Ike raised an eyebrow over to Skylar and remarked,"Whoa, whoa, whoa.........I have no idea what you're talking about. And mind boy? I'm just a professional 'persuader'." Turning back to the doctor, Ike let out a small smirk. "Anyway, Doctor I'm gonna test out the sniper that I showed you. Unless you need my assistance right now, I'll be at the shooting range. Oh, make sure its left handed. I may be right handed but I'm left eye dominate."

command single biotic object (Superior 1/30)
command group by name (Novice 8/10)
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Mission Briefing Room
7:07 AM CT

Nimo arrived.. in plainclothes. Akvo was puzzled until he saw the neck of the body condom sneaking out from underneath Nimo's shirt.

I know he has super speed, but I can't help thinking that backpack will weigh him down….

"Ready to go?" Akvo asks.

Nimo nods and Akvo dons his duster and mask.

The duo board their jet and head for Sioux Falls.

Here comes the winter wind.

Shoot Freeze Beams [Master] - -/-
Make Shields of Ice for Protection [Superior] - 5/30
Create Armor Out of Ice [Alpha] - 6/20
Snow Manipulation [Alpha] - 0/20
Ice Bending [Novice] - 4/10
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Mission Briefing Room
7:10 AM CT

They were in the air in no time. Jackson would probably be upset, but Akvo knew that a longer ride would be beneficial.

If we just teleported there I couldn't help Nimo prepare for his first mission….

"All right we're going to try some techniques to prepare you for the mission. That body condom you've got on will stop a fifty calibre bullet, and with your speed I've got a novel concept considering our adversaries." he told Nimo.

Aquilo made a ball of ice and said, "I'm going to launch this across the other side of the room, I want you to dash and take it full on in your chest. Don't worry, I'll go easy on you."

He attempted to ice bend the ball across the room at high velocity.

Aquilo rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to move the ice ball across the room 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Aquilo again rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to move the ice ball across the room 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Aquilo again rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to move the ice ball across the room 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Over Oklahoma
Jet
7:10 AM CT

Aquilo sticks his hand out and nothing happens.

"Uh, just warming up…" he said somewhat sheepishly

Let's try that again….
Aquilo rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to move the ice ball across the room 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Over Oklahoma
Jet
7:11 AM CT

Akvo fails again.

"Let's just shoot some icicles instead… I'll shoot three in different directions and you dash for them." Aquilo said.

He fired an icicle in one direction, one another direction, and a third away from the other two.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimo Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 pm

In an NSS jet
Somewhere over Oklahoma
7:10 A.M. CT

Planes were great. Big, steady planes, with lots of passengers and absolutely no military grade specs. Nimo fondly remembered a time when he had been a passenger aboard planes; a time before the military jet he had been a prisoner on attempted to transport him to Alaska and only made it halfway before Nimo inadvertently disabled it. Well at least he could drown out the roar of the engines with some nice, relaxing music.

Nimo had just reached inside his jacket pocket for his mp3 player, when Aquilo had acquired his attention and told him of his rather creative training plan. He had braced himself to take off for the ice ball, but Aquilo had apparently decided that the challenge was too easy and instead opted to fire icicles in three different directions for Nimo to chase after. He was dismayed at his impending failure. Even with my powers, that's way too much! Maybe the icy guy thought everyone's powers were as honed as his, but either way Nimo was determined to try. I can't fail myself like I did earlier today...

All this thought occurred in an instant's time. The next instant, Nimo had taken off in pursuit of the closest icicle.

Nimo attempts to use the skill Super Speed. 1-8 fails, 9-10 is a success.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use the skill Super Speed. 1-8 fails, 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 9

Gotta try for number two next... Nimo pivoted on one heel and dashed again.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use the skill Super Speed. 1-8 fails, 9-10 is a success.

And a try at the last one... Nimo swerved easily alongside the wall, racing to catch the last icicle.

Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimo Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 pm

In an NSS jet
Somewhere over Oklahoma
7:12 A.M. CT

One for three. Well, that was about what I expected Nimo thought, but he was still somewhat disappointed with himself.

Nimo looked at the icicle in his hand, and did a quick calculation. If an icicle falls one meter with no initial velocity, its final velocity will just be the square root of twice the acceleration due to gravity, which is 9.8 meters per square second... He could almost hear Professor Quantum's voice as he pictured the equation in his head. So it would be slow enough for a quick person to catch... Sounds easy enough.

Nimo thought he would try to impress Aquilo with his physics know-how and his other power. Instead of tossing the icicle somewhere or back to its owner, Nimo lobbed it just above his head, and when he thought it had fallen the right distance took aim at an area just to the right of Aquilo and tried to change its course.

Nimo attempts to use the Alpha skill Direction Manipulation on the icicle. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use the Alpha skill Direction Manipulation on the icicle. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

If both attempts fail, Nimo shrugs, pops a piece of a shattered icicle in his mouth, and puts his earbuds back on.
Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 am

Over Oklahoma
Jet
7:13 AM CT

Two of the icicles shatter against the jet's walls while Nimo catches the third.

"Very well done!" Akvo said, but he probably went unheard as Nimo had put his headphones on.

Perhaps he's not interested in training…. Well that's too bad, if he doesn't want to run in front of objects I'll make him dodge them…

Aquilo made another three ice balls.

Akvo rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to hurl ice ball 1 at high speeds toward Nimo 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to hurl ice ball 2 at high speeds toward Nimo 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to hurl ice ball 3 at high speeds toward Nimo 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 am

Over Oklahoma
Jet

He fails to send the ice balls at Nimo.

He attempts again.

Akvo rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to hurl ice ball 1 at high speeds toward Nimo 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to hurl ice ball 2 at high speeds toward Nimo 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Alpha skill Ice Bending to hurl ice ball 3 at high speeds toward Nimo 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:51 am

Over Oklahoma
Jet

Aquilo simply had no luck. Maybe he couldn't bring himself to harm the boy.

Nah… that's not it….

Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles at Nimo's chest 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles at Nimo's chest 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Meniere Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 pm

the guards fell over dryheaving, Prosper walked up and kicked the first guard

"I think you should all just go to sleep
if fail prosper uses render unconscious on the first guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)
if fail prosper uses render unconscious on the first guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

if fail prosper uses render unconscious on the second guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)
if fail prosper uses render unconscious on the second guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

Random number (1,10) : 10
if fail prosper uses render unconscious on the third guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)
if fail prosper uses render unconscious on the third guard (1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

Meniere

Back to top Go down

Post  Meniere Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:25 pm

7:12 am CT 9/10/11

the guards quite squirming and lay motionless. Prosper looks around at the guards.
Maybe i went a little too far

"NOW LET ME OUT!" prosper shouted.

there was a loud click and gas started pouring into the room. It wasn't long before prosper succumbed to it and passed out.
vertigo[novice]-0/10

Meniere

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimo Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 pm

In an NSS jet
Somewhere over Oklahoma
7:14 A.M. CT

It's too early for this kind of thing... Nimo thought, as he yawned and walked back towards his seat. However, he hadn't even made it halfway there before Aquilo unexpectedly shot two icicles directly at him. Yikes! Nimo did his best to put the turnaround on the flying projectiles but, having been caught unawares, didn't have time to think of a direction to send them in. All he managed to put into his attempt was the thought Right angles! Right angles!

Nimo attempts to use the Alpha skill Direction Manipulation on icicle 1. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

Nimo attempts to use the Alpha skill Direction Manipulation on icicle 1. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

If both attempts fail, Nimo attempts to dodge icicle 1. 1-5 is a failure, 6-10 is a success.

Nimo attempts to use the Alpha skill Direction Manipulation on icicle 2. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

Nimo attempts to use the Alpha skill Direction Manipulation on icicle 2. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

If both attempts fail, Nimo attempts to dodge icicle 2. 1-5 is a failure, 6-10 is a success.

If Nimo gets a double success on either icicle, the icicle will head straight back at Aquilo.

Super Speed [Novice] - 5/10
Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next