Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korul: A Time in Peril

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Korul: A Time in Peril Empty Korul: A Time in Peril

Post  Epoch Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:44 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Castle of Deluge Inference
Higher Study
Almost Afternoon

It was similar to teleporting, Epoch thought. The portal had opened like a hole in the universe. Professor Quantum would have called it a wormhole, or something like that. He would have preached about the existence of this foreign planet as a parallel. An entirely different universe. Epoch felt different here, but simultaneously, he felt like it was something he was destined to do. Would he ever do it again?

His knees buckled slightly, throwing off his equilibrium. Epoch nearly toppled, but caught himself. He felt more like a flake of metal being attracted to a magnet here, unlike the usual gravity of Earth. It was definitely a new place.

"Where are we? What is this place?" Epoch asked Rixil with astonishment. His eyes scanned the study as he waited for a reply.

Energy Blast [Superior] - 21/30
Energy Propulsion [Novice] - 2/10
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Korul: A Time in Peril Empty Re: Korul: A Time in Peril

Post  Rixil Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:38 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Almost Afternoon

The duo was yanked through the fabric of existence, though the time spent there in the darkness seemed much shorter on this trip. Rixil didn't have to gasp for air as he was spit back out into the familiar study. Although he teetered a bit, the weight of Epoch falling in the opposite direction allowed him to remain in equilibrium for a moment; enough time to right his position and plant his clawed feet solidly on the rugged floor.

A roll to know the status of the illusions after travel.
1-3 means that Epoch and Rixil are both visible now.
4-6 means that just Epoch became visible again.
7-10 means they both remain invisible.

Random number (1,10) : 7

-----------

Skills:
Cast Illusion – (Alpha Class – 6/20)
Light Constructs – (Novice Class – 2/10)
Light Speed – Undiscovered
Laser Beam – Undiscovered

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:08 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Almost Afternoon

Peeling his eyelids open, Rixil stole a glance at the embrace that his hand still shared with Epoch’s. He looked down to the area where they were conjoined to find that both he and the human had remained invisible. A self-satisfied smirk split his features, but nobody saw it.

“We are currently in the Castle of Deluge Inference, the place where I was raised and where I currently reside. This room is the Higher Study.” relayed the Korulian. “Is the gravity and atmosphere to your condolences? My mentor and I found that Earth’s features are similar to those here, if not exactly identical.” Lightening his grip on the time-traveler’s hand, he made for the table he had been sitting at earlier that morning. It’s cool, onyx surface was littered with parchments and tomes, but what wasn’t covered in paper shimmered in the sunlight still filtering through the windows.

He slid himself onto the bench-like stool lining its outer edge, about to motion for Epoch to do the same before he realized how silly the gesture would be in his invisible state. “There is a seat here next to me. If you would kindly join the table, I can start my explanations.” Rixil requested, gathering a number of parcels from the top of the slab he was sitting at. Reaching over his history studies, he snatched a paper with English text scrawled on the front.

-----------

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:54 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Almost Afternoon

The study was beautiful. Does everything here look like this? Epoch though, sitting down. He looked across the desk and saw many papers sprawled out. The paper looked nice, like a rich parchment. Most of them were covered in strange text that was incredibly unearthly. One, he noticed, as it lifted from the table by invisible hands, had English written on it. What could that be?

"Everything is fine," Epoch muttered, "I think the gravity is just a bit stronger here. I can feel it in my knees and my lungs." He turned his head and looked out to the window that pitched a bright, beautiful light that seemed to dance. Castle of Deluge Inference, he thought to himself, what an interesting place to be.

"What will we have to do, to help your people?" Epoch asked, whispering as if he was in an earthly library.

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:07 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Almost Afternoon

The piece of paper floated to its new position as Rixil brought it close enough to read. Setting it down, he turned towards the inquiry with equal volume. “In accordance to the assessment of my peers, the two of us will have to go back in time to stop a specific organization whose aim is to unleash chaos on Korul. This has been deduced after much deliberation and analysis of the Prophecy.” With this, he pushed the paper towards Epoch’s line of sight, or right in front of where he reckoned the human was sitting. His own eyes darted over the script, as if they might receive some crucial piece of information not seen during his other studies of the text. The words were just as they had been every other time though, and he could practically recite the lines without looking. Before he knew it, Rixil was silently mouthing each syllable.

“From the past shall arise a great calamity;
Ravenous and merciless, he will be born of blackened stars-
A vessel for grander evil to end Korul entirely.
Claws shall rip the shackles of dormant destruction.
Torn as effortlessly as thread, the ground shall break,
Ushering in darkness overhead and Gods underneath.
Roused, they shall break free from the shell of their people.
Everyone shall plummet, but he who returns to the unknown.”

With a shudder, he shook the strange sensation of Déjà vu from his mind and continued with the description.“This paragraph of peril was given to us by a Korulian with the ability to predict the future. It is held with utmost regard, and ever since the birth of these words, my Queen has been putting her best minds to the task of solving its riddles. We’ve worked out a plausible causation for our predicted doom, and the only solution to this problem was to go back in time or transport every Korulian to a different planet. You can probably deduce what option we found easiest.” said the native being, a hint of sarcasm hanging on his tongue. “The association who will be backing the destruction of this planet goes by the title Ceous-Ideux-Riomet, henceforth referred to as CIR for simplicity’s sake. A group of religious extremists, they believed that when a star in our night sky burnt out of existence, they would be able to summon the power of old gods in which they believed in. Although many of my people do not consider these deities to be more than fantasy, they do trust the word of the seer who made these claims.”

-----------

Skills:

Last edited by Rixil on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing stuff to look nicer?)
Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:41 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Almost Afternoon

Epoch took it all in. The whole thing seemed really interesting, but also mighty confusing. Epoch was also interested in the people here. It seemed that special abilities was mainstream, or at least a part of their mythology, like Earth. How similar were the two worlds?

"So we go back in time, stop the CIR and save the planet?" Epoch asked looking over the paper, trying to get an entire grasp on the mission. "Do we have to speak to your queen or do we go now?"

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Almost Afternoon

The Korulian froze mentally for a moment. Although it had crossed his mind, he had hoped that Epoch would avoid questions regarding audience with the queen. Not only had Rixil neglected to ask for her permission to leave (as she probably would have denied him the privilege), but he had also brought back a human rather than his mentor. The adolescent immediately regretted not bringing up Ho-ihn’s absence while they were still on earth. Now, he would have to use his English expertise and clever clauses to dance around sore subjects. Would he tell Epoch that the Queen already knew of their doings? On the other hand, would inquiries as to why they had to remain invisible then arise? He needed a reply shortly, else he find himself at an awkward loss for words, silence giving away his lack of planning. “Really, how hard can that be though… the time traveler has believed every word I’ve said thus far.” he established inwardly, the new rational calming his nervous mind.

“Her Majesty is currently away, else I might introduce you.” Rixil whispered apologetically. “The Queen is a large political figure in this region, and is often absent because of her title. I’m much closer to my mentor who has taught me since I was old enough to talk, but the Matriarch is also like a parent to me. In fact…” He paused, pretending to be hesitant. “I’m secretly being a little selfish by asking for your assistance today. Never have I been able to prove my worth to the Queen and my peers. My magic is strong, and I have language experience beyond most, but... The only way that I feel I can repay their kindness, their teachings, is to use these gifts and save the planet we all call home.” His monologue, which had increased in volume and emotion, echoed slightly before being swallowed up by the furniture and rugs.

He gave a small cough. “Pardon my exuberance. In summary: we can go whenever you are ready. Are there any further questions or concerns, comrade? “

----------

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:26 pm

n a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Almost Afternoon

The word "comrade" seemed a little out of place. Epoch shrugged it off rather simply because he knew that English must not have been Rixil's primary language. Understanding Rixil's hope to be seen in a higher light, Epoch allowed himself the thought that he might get to meet the Mentor and the Queen after completing the mission. It would be nice, he thought, that is.... if these lizards don't eat people. The thought was fleeting.

"I can take us now, if you like," Epoch whispered, "I just need to know the time we are going to. If you have a date or anything like that. Also, if we need to travel, my teleportation can come in handy. I'm pretty confident if you explain the place well enough to me then we can get there."

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:56 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Afternoon

“Perhaps ‘comrade’ was a little too strong...” worried the Korulian to himself. The lie seemed to work effectively enough though, and he allowed an inward chuckle at his good fortune.

After listening to Epoch relay his skills again, Rixil was met with genuine curiosity. He had known that the time traveler could teleport, but he had been unaware that the human could use the feat with only a description. At the same time, concern arose regarding the abilities of the other being on this new world. Korulian magic had felt somewhat different moments ago; easier to execute when he had been on Earth. Rixil wondered if Epoch’s own skills would behave strangely, or falter here on this planet. Deciding to bring up the issue later if it proved true, he crossed his fingers and proceeded to ask a question he had been formulating. “What sort of description would you require for your teleportation and time-travel? I can offer an accurate period in relation to this point in time; in human years, no less. On the other hand, I am not able to promise as much exactness with my destination explanation.”

“Truthfully, we will not need the ability to jump from place to place… with a little bit of luck.” reasoned the reptilian being. His train of thought was suddenly interrupted though as his stomach lurched with a gigantic growl that was perhaps louder than their whispered conversation. In a second, Rixil’s contemplations were completely consumed by the idea of finding food.

--------------

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Afternoon

"Well, the date would be fantastic. Knowing the measurement in Earth years will also help. If you can describe the rough definition of our location I can teleport us there if it's a distance from this point-" Epoch was cut off by a growl from Rixil's abdomen. His mind sunk into his fear again. "Was that your stomach?" He couldn't see Rixil, but it did seem to come from the correct direction.

Rixil confirmed the assumption and Epoch swallowed then asked, "What do you eat? Should you eat?"

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Afternoon

Rixil’s stomach shook along with the rest of his body as the Korulian gave a slight chuckle. Wondering for a moment if Epoch was worried about how he might answer, he returned with a relaxed reply. “I’m a carnivore by nature, but recently I’ve been adding fruit and vegetables to my diet. Unfortunately, their flesh isn’t as satisfying…” rattled off the reptilian being, distracted with thoughts of tasty things in his mouth. The tantalizing fancies of fresh fileted fish filtered through his mind before he flung the feeling of foodlessness from himself, focusing again on his fate and that of the planet.

“I do not require sustenance this second, though. The mission to commence is of much more significance. Besides…” He turned to the time traveler, giving the earthling a casual smile, despite his invisible state. “We need to get you home before supper, correct?”

After a moment’s pause, Rixil hurriedly relayed his strategy, and the answer to his partner’s regards. “We probably won’t have a need for your teleportation, honestly. There’s a large probability that the two of us won’t even have to leave the castle!” whispered the adolescent, actual excitement audible despite his quietness. “It is rumored that the old organization resided within these very walls centuries ago. The fruits of the queen’s efforts to find anything of the occult were non-conclusive in the recent past, but I feel if we were to go back further, we might be able to find something the rest of my people were unable to find.”

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:50 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Afternoon

Epoch was relieved that he wasn't beginning to look like a snack to Rixil. He took in the whole idea and was a bit excited that the two didn't need to leave the castle.

"If you don't need to eat, let's travel now," Epoch started, "I'm getting a little antsy, I don't always have an opportunity to use time travel." Hopefully Rixil would be prepared soon.

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:04 am

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Afternoon

The Korulian looked about the bench that he was perched upon, pondering on the paramount position for traveling in the manner he was about to. He wondered if time-jumping felt similar to the empty void experience that was now associated with hurdling towards an alternate universe. Rixil found himself a little jittery, though he couldn’t tell if the shiver up his spine was due to the nervousness or the excitement.

“Does…. does time-traveling… feel okay? Is it any worse than the jump we made from Earth to Korul?” wondered the adolescent aloud, quietly shifting in his seat. “And should I stand or sit for said event?” He did figure that the mechanics worked the same as the power of his mentor and the orb he had left behind; the caster traveling needed to be in contact with the person they were bringing along.

Rixil let his right hand fall from the table top to the bench beneath him, letting it hover just above the smooth black surface. Thanks to the sunlight that had shone on the stone a short time ago, the rocky substance irradiated a small amount of heat. It felt pleasant as he let his clawed digits trace the air between him and where he hoped the time traveler still sat. Fingers felt for the familiar human hand, grazing the gorge of emptiness that he knew contained the counterpart to his empty palm. Halfway across the terrain of the seat however, his finger-tips touched what Rixil could only assume was the Earthling’s left thigh. His appendage was retrieved almost as quickly as the apology he whispered in his native tongue.

Skills:

Last edited by Rixil on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:15 am

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Afternoon

Epoch reeled a little at the feeling of the touch. He had assumed that it was Rixil's hand. Epoch brought his hand to grasp the alien's.

"I don't know what to tell you." Epoch said to Rixil, "For me it's like watching the world move around me as I stand still. But I do know that my partner Aquilo has negative side affects when we teleport, so your experience may be different than mine. It is perhaps all in perspective. What's our date?"

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:10 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Afternoon

Although he had an exact day in mind, a moment of Rixil’s mind power was spent calculating the desired hour of arrival. The two would need an adequate amount of time in order to search the castle, especially in the event that their luck proved unfavorable. Early morning seemed suitable enough for such feats, and with the decision made and numbers calculated, the Korulian turned to the time traveler.

“The destination date will be 50 years from now, 45 days, 19 hours, and however many odd minutes you would like to add. This period is actually just short of my birth, from what my mentor was able to deduce. I was found on the castle doorstep about 5 decades ago, a strange babe with the oddity of two magical runes on my body. Most Korulians are only gifted with one ability; in case you were curious.” offered the reptilian being. His hand clenched in accordance with the dilation of his pupils and sharp sound of inhaled breath. “I am prepared.” declared Rixil, bracing himself and holding his satchel to his side with a steady grip to ensure its safety as well. “Commence chrono-travel whenever you are ready.”

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:46 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Afternoon

"Sounds good," Epoch said, gripping Rixil's hand tightly, "Fifty years ago, forty-five days and nine minutes ago. Perfect." I was kind of an oddity that Epoch could travel with such precise dates, but he felt it was a lot like a television remote. He could feel it, working like a well-tuned mechanism in his body. "Let's go."

Epoch closed his eyes and attempted to time travel.

Epoch attempts to Time Travel, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 10

If it fails, Epoch attempts to Time Travel again, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 1

If it fails, Epoch attempts to Time Travel again, 1-5 it fails, 6-10 success
Random number (1,10) : 7

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:58 pm

In a Different Dimension
Planet Korul
Higher Study
50 years, 45 days, 9 hours prior

Time swirled backward. It worked like a VCR, seeming to rewind slowly at first but then it sped up. It would speed up so fast that the world was turned to a blur. Through it all he could feel Rixil's hand still in his. Time, then, suddenly stopped.

Epoch stood now in a room that looked very similar to the one he was just in. In fact, aside from a few things moved around, the room had hardly changed at all in fifty years.

"Rixil, are you all right?" He asked politely.

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 pm

In the Past
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Just Before Light

There were milliseconds between Epoch’s ending epitaph and their journey’s beginning; definitely not enough time for the Korulian to worry about whether or not the ability would work, as something was obviously occurring. Most of the environment around them stayed still, the strange tingling sensation being the only inclination that there was actual magic going on. A few seconds went by without incident before his vision was met with a familiar flash of light. Rixil watched a figure take form as circles and glyphs spun inwardly to the orb that lay in the being’s hand. It was strange, watching the occurrences of the past unfold in reverse- especially when the timeline held a former version of himself. Breath once again begged to be free, but Rixil continued to hold the small bit of atmosphere inside of him, knowing not what effect the time-traveling would have on the necessary inhale he would require afterwards.

Though the events of the past originally started to unfold in a leisurely fashion, the process soon sped up and specifics were lost in the blur of motion that took over their surroundings. The changes between day and night became a strobe effect, alternating between dark and light in a hypnotic manner. It wasn’t long before the flashing was faster than Rixil could blink, the seizure-inducing sequence leaving a dull pain just above his eyes. Accompanied with the lack of air, nausea threatened to set in to coincide with the headache. Before it took hold of him though, the motion around him suddenly stopped. The Korulian blinked harshly, pulling a little at Epoch’s grip as he gained his bearings and replaced his expired air supply.

A roll to know the status of the illusions after travel.
1-3 means that Epoch and Rixil are both visible now.
4-6 means that just Epoch became visible again.
7-10 means they both remain invisible.

Random number (1,10) : 2

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 pm

In the Past
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Just Before Light

Twilight touched the reaches of the still-familiar study, patches of advanced darkness still swathing the space between bookshelves where light had not yet crept. Korul’s multiple moons hung low in the sky, shining silvery purple through the windows to provide enough light to illuminate the two time-travelers and their lack of transparency.

“Aside from my headache, it seems I am unscathed.” muttered Rixil, breaking the eerie morning silence. Dropping his clammy hand from Epoch’s grip, he quickly spun around to assess his associate’s condition. “It seems we both reacquired our visibility. At his hour, we will unlikely encounter many guards… but to be sure we don’t cause any unintentional issues, I’ll put our illusions back into place.” he declared. Not bothering to ask for permissions, the Korulian floated forward and let his fingers fall upon Epoch’s chest.

Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion to make Epoch invisible : 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 4

If the last roll, was a failure, Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion again to make Epoch invisible, not breaking concentration: 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 8

If the last roll, was a failure, Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion again to make Epoch invisible, not breaking concentration: 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 2

Skills:

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 pm

In the Past
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Just Before Light

The words had barely left his mouth when Epoch realized that he was visible again. To Rixil's dismay they were both visible. Epoch was mostly thankful that his clothes had reappeared.

Rixil cast the spell again and managed, after a few moments, to make Epoch invisible again. The alien's fingers felt strange upon his chest. Certain aspects of being around a lizard made him rather uncomfortable. The thought fled, however, when Epoch noticed he was transparent.

"Are you going to cast the spell on yourself?" He asked Rixil quietly. What could these reptiles be like if they had seen intruders?

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:39 pm

In the Past
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Just Before Light

After the translucency webbed its way across Epoch’s form, the human’s now-disembodied voice inquired as to whether or not Rixil was going to join.

"Of course." responded the reptile idly. He thought to throw his curious companion a roll of the eyes, but instead the Korulian held his composure and continued to concentrate on constructing his own artifice.

Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion to make himself invisible : 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
[Original Random Roll = 4]

If the last roll, was a failure, Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion again to make himself invisible, not breaking concentration: 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
[Original Random Roll = 5]

If the last roll, was a failure, Rixil attempts to use Cast Illusion again to make himself invisible, not breaking concentration: 1-5 is a failure whilst 6-10 is a success.
[Original Random Roll = 9]

-------------------------

Skills:
Cast Illusion – (Alpha Class – 7/20)

Last edited by Rixil on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to fix my hud.)
Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 pm

In the Past
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Just Before Light

Silence hung heavy in the air as a moment of void stood between Rixil and his objective. With brow furrowed, the Korulian further urged the magic to flow from the rune on his arm to the rest of his body.

The intricate etching glowed whiter with the new effort and invisibility began to swallow him from the point of origin. The marking on his hand smoldered into nothingness first before spreading to stretch over his arms, torso, feet, and finally, his face. Wondering if one day he might be able to turn the ability into an art form, the now see-through sentient sent out his clawed hand to seek the link he would have to share with the time-traveler while they were in their current state.

Finding the familiar forms of Epoch’s phalanges rather than his thigh this time, Rixil turned again on silent heel and headed for the main doors.

“Keep as quiet as possible.” Whispered the emptiness closer to their exit. “I won’t be able to mask the noises you make.” The last line was a reminder to both of the invisible individuals. Though the Rixil himself had mastered the art of concealing his footsteps, there was always the chance that his gullet would give their guile away.

---------

Skills:
Cast Illusion – (Alpha Class – 8/20)

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:50 pm

In the Past
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Just Before Light

Epoch nodded and then realized that Rixil couldn't see him. "I'll stay as quiet as I possibly can. Which way should we head first?" Epoch was still nervous about the new world, but also eager to see what he could do here. So far his abilities seemed to work correctly.

________________________________________________________________________________
Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Superior] - 1/30
Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rixil Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:06 am

In the Past
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Just Before Light

Rixil’s head bobbed in acknowledgement, mostly out of habit rather than necessity. Hand held just above the handle of the heavy, ornate entryway door, he craned his neck to better bestow the description of the blueprint he had already mentally prepared.

“The most predictable places in the palace for occult activity are the five statues representing the old gods. We’ll watch each of those areas over small time intervals and with a bit of luck…” murmered Rixil as he heaved the door open with one hand. “The secret society will reveal itself. Let us leave.” And with that, he swept out of the study and into the cold corridor.

Whether past or present, Rixil had the capability to navigate the castle with eyes closed. The stony structure was the same as it would be in fifty years, allowing the familiar passageways to lead the time-displaced duo directly to their first target. Dancing up to a small cove carved into one of the walls, the leader of the two tugged his partner along to a small space between two columns on the left side of the stone semi-circle. At the top of the arc sat a large, lavish sculpture that almost seemed to shimmer in the soft, fading moonlight. It was pale and almost ice-like in the current lighting, but Rixil knew that the stone would show gold in the light of the star once it showed. It was a shame that they wouldn’t be at this statue when that time would fall, as the feathered form of the god figure feet away was his favorite of the five.

His voice was but a butterflies wings worth of whispers as he purred his plan into Epoch’s ear. “Now we shall wait for a while… if no body shows up in the next five minutes, we'll make way for the next point of intercept.”

---------

Skills:
Cast Illusion – (Alpha Class – 8/20)

Rixil
Rixil

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 am

In the Past
Planet Korul
Higher Study
Just Before Light

Epoch was pulled by his transparent partner and lead through the castle. It was a massive structure and could have been hundreds of years old. These reptiles exhibited excellent masonry. Before he knew it, they had entered a nook near a semi circle. There stood above him a brilliant statue. It seemed amazing. Maybe Aquilo could make similar work. Was it made of ice?

Epoch wondered what they were waiting for. "Are we early?" He questioned. He didn't want to be too late.

Super Nova [Passive]
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down