Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

+8
Dark Coyote
Akvo
Noah the Arc Bearer
Night Terror
Ike
Dr. Weird
Sol
Epoch
12 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun - Page 8 Empty Re: 3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

Post  Night Terror Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Vermillion, South Dakota
USD (University of South Dakota)
Mara's Dorm Room
9:50 of the AM - CT

Icy blue eyes slowly flutter open, looking up into an all-too familiar ceiling, off-white and tiled.

Mara blinks once, still for a moment aside from the soft breathing escaping her nostrils.

“Another dreamless night…”

She lies on her back, still staring into oblivion for a while before sitting up and stretching. A sigh passes her lips as she shakes her tousled dark hair out of her eyes, crawling to the edge of the rigid mattress and scaling the side of her roost. Perched midway on the ladder between the bed and the floor, she jumps to the ground, almost soundlessly landing her fall.

The sun had been showing its face earlier and earlier every day, and it now filtered through the window to her left, casting a soft yellow glow over the fairly neat dorm room. On the back wall, a desk came to hips’ height, and on its surface laid a card. Mara’s eyes flitted towards it at the thought.

Its seemingly scribbled text had been hanging over her thoughts the past few days, the phone number begging to be called. “I wonder if he has text messaging…” the girl thinks to herself, giving a smirk at the thought.

Scenes flew like flashcards through Mara’s mind as Thursday’s happenings came back in full mental force. Blue eyes contracted to icicle-like slits as her hands flew up to her head, clenching her hair as she fell to her knees. If the business card offer wasn’t enough, her lack of dream reading and suppression of guilt had begun to take their toll on her. This morning was worse than the last, her teeth cutting into her lower lip as she whimpered, holding in a scream. The feeling of empathy and the need to release herself from reality tore at her from the inside, two completely different beasts fighting for the reins to her actions.

Her body shakes as she manages to put the lid back on her bottled emotions, heavy breathing slowly returning to a silent room. In control again, she falls back against the wooden leg of the desk, reaching up to blindly grab at the card sitting ominously above and behind her. Fingers find the slightly coarse, small piece of paper, proceeding to pluck it from its position before pulling it down into sight. The digits below the kooky slogan stand out like blood on bed sheets. Pulling herself up, Mara reaches up into her twisted bedding, fishing her phone from its depths. The screen remains dark despite her thumbs attempt to bring it to life.

With a 180 degree turn of her heel, she faces the desk again, reaching into a mess of cords and grasping the familiar wire of her phone charger. Recalling it had been a few days since its last use, she figures it won’t even be usable for another 10 minutes.

Jitters grasp her hand as she sets the phone down, the need to occupy her mind with something becoming the one thing on her mind. She was addicted again, and like a bad chain-smoker, needed a dream as a quick fix to her stress.

Quickly slipping out of her room, she prowls the halls, the building quiet due to the weekend absence of most of its residents. Fortunately for her, weekends also meant late sleepers. She could have sworn that her mouth actually began to salivate.

Blood pumps through Mara’s veins in anticipation as an audible snore slips out from the bottom of a door close to her. She slides fluidly to sit next to said entryway, the wooden panel blocking the body, but not the dream.

[Mara attempts to use Dreamvision. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is successful.]
Random number (1,10) : 5

[If she fails as the previous attempt, she tries again. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is successful.]
Random number (1,10) : 3

[If she fails as the previous attempt, she tries one last time. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is successful.]
Random number (1,10) : 1

[If any one of the previous rolls was a success, the dream content is determined by the following roll. 1-5 the dream is of normal day life. 6-9 the dream is sexual. 10 the dream is a nightmare.]
Random number (1,10) : 4

[Then, this roll determines the severity of the dream. 1-4 easy going. 5-7 moderately intense. 8-9 edge of the seatesque. 10 extremely intense.]
Random number (1,10) : 9

Dreamvision - Alpha Class (1/20 points)
Night Terrors - Novice Class (0/10 points)
Post Stress Daymares - Alpha Class (0/20 points)

Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Terror Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 pm

Vermillion, South Dakota
The Hallway
9:52 of the AM - CT

Mara’s fists ball up into tight wads of frustration, curse words falling silently from her gritted teeth.

The shaking doesn’t stop as she pushes her back up against the cool brick wall at her back. Her hands find themselves practically clawed to the carpet floor now. If feels like she might break, thoughts and chaos exploding confetti style all over the hallway.

“I gotta have it.” she hisses desperately, trying again with non-characteristic vigor.

[Mara attempts to use Dreamvision. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is successful.]

[If she fails as the previous attempt, she tries again. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is successful.]
Random number (1,10) : 2

[If she fails as the previous attempt, she tries one last time. 1-5 fails, 6-10 is successful.]

[If any one of the previous rolls was a success, the dream content is determined by the following roll. 1-5 the dream is of normal day life. 6-9 the dream is sexual. 10 the dream is a nightmare.]
Random number (1,10) : 8

[Then, this roll determines the severity of the dream. 1-4 easy going. 5-7 moderately intense. 8-9 edge of the seatesque. 10 extremely intense.]
Random number (1,10) : 5

Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:10 am

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory
8:41:43 A.M. MT

“Ah yes the suit, sure why not,” pausing Dr. Weird began to shout at someone who was not in the room. “STEVE,” after a few seconds a voice rang out from above.

“Welcome back sir, what can I do for you?”

“WHERE IS THE CAMOSUIT I JUST DEVELOPED?”

“It’s in Research and Development level 2 East Wing sir.”

“Good, if you would fallow me please,” as Dr. Weird began to walk out the room he suddenly stopped. “OH STEVE, I need you to add Miss Assassin’s bio-readings into the security logs so she will be recognized by the system.”

“As you wish Doctor, but right now I can only give a temporary pass. You will need to perform a full bio-scan later.”

“I FUCKING KNOW THAT, JUST DO IT.”

An electronic eye came down from the ceiling and emitted a fluorescent light that briefly enveloped Yilana. “Temporary access gold level has been granted. You are now free to move about the compound.”

“EXCELENT, OH AND STEVE REMIND ME TO GET THE OTHER TO INTO THE SYSTEM AS WELL. FOR THE TIME BEING IF THEY NEED ME GRANT THEM TEMPORARY ACCESS AS WELL.” Walking out of the room, “This way please.”

________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Novice] – 4/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:32 am

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory, Med Lab
8:45:58 P.M. MT

As Takeshi entered the med lab he realized that Dr. Weird was no longer present.
“*Sigh* Where did that bastard go now?”

“Dr. Takeshi, Dr. Weird left along with the new female to Research and Development, East Wing, Level 2, would you like me to direct you to him?”

“Yes, that would be great……” a hint of frustration in Takeshi’s voice.

“It’s only a matter of time before that intruder escapes.. I don’t have time for this cat and mouse shit..” Takeshi muttered as he walked down the corridor marked “East Wing”.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 am

8:47:32 A.M. MT

Takeshi swiftly moved down the corridor leading to the East Wing of the laboratory. After a minute or so Takeshi came upon a massive, rocky, well lit cavern. There was a large tram way bridging the gap between one wing of the lab from too another.

Takeshi was astounded by the sheer scale of the lab thus far.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if this was only but a small section of the complex…” Takeshi spoke, astonished, as he stepped onto the large windowed tram car.

“Actually Dr. Takeshi the lab is divided up into 90 separate wings and sectors spanning miles wide and deep into the ground. The entire surface area of the laboratory is estimated at 5.4357 miles. Also, you will require security clearance to enter the East Wings safely, would you like me to contact Dr. Weird for clearance?”

“Yes, that would be great…. Perhaps now I’ll finally get a chance to speak to the crazy bastard….”
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:02 am

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory, East Wing
8:47:50 P.M. MT

Yilana walks into the East Wing and looks around, noticing the camosuit in the middle of the back wall. "Now that's what I'm talking about.." She puts her hand on the glass encasing it and looks back at Dr. Weird. "So how do you open this thing?"

All of a sudden the glass encasing splits open, exposing the suit to its perfection. "Daaamn," she speaks softly to herself while touching the fabric between her fingers.

"Yilana, please feel free to walk into the corner room to change," said Steve over her head, while a robotic claw hands the suit over to her.

She walks over to the corner room and closes the door to change. "Ok, time to take this piece of crap off."

----------------------

Yilana comes out in her new camosuit, testing it out in different areas of the room. "This is very nice.. What else does it do?" she asks Dr. Weird, then noticing another man walking into the room.

Skills
Inferno [Passive]
Fire Form [Novice] 1/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 am

8:40 Am MT
Badlands

Dark carefully removed his coat, and then his shirt to examine his arm. He wasn't a doctor by any means but he had learned to fix a wound after his time in the wild. His arm couldn't just be badly twisted, it wouldn't hurt so bad of it was. It was either completly dislocated, or worse, broken. He looked at the skin carefully looking for anything that would indicate a break. He didn't seen anything, so he assumed it was simply dislocated. Having nothing to brace it around in the cave he would have to use somewhat more barbaric methods to realign it.

He looked around to make sure nothing was around. He didn't see anything other than the occasional insect. Feeling somewhat secure, with his left hand he stabbed his claws into his shoulder and manually relocated it. His arm almost instantaniously felt better. He carefully pulled his claws out and quickly wrapped a bit of his shirt around his shoulder. The stab wounds would heal withing a few days, and a few stabs where much better than a dislocated arm. He looked with distain at the small bit of blood that fell from his arm. He new even if he covered it with dirt, rocks, or anything it would still come through. If someone where to stumble across this cave they would notice the blood. He got a quick drink using his coat instead of his shirt to filter the water from te dirt. Once he was quenched he redawned his coat and ran ot of the cave, remember to run from shadow to shadow, and make it as difficult to follow him as possible.

He didn't know how long he would have to run, but he new what he had to find. A road. Pavement would not leave tracks. If he could find one he would be off free. Considering only having a few stab wounds on his shoulder, it wasn't a bad deal.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:16 am

Wall, SD
8:51:00 AM GMT
283 Creighton Rd

The two outer cans were punctured and began spraying. The middle one remained in tact.

Still a failure
Akvo thought standing there in silence, the soda leaking to the ground like blood.

Anthony put his hand on Akvo's shoulder and Akvo turned his head away.

"Come on, le's go back inside and have anothuh cigarette." Anthony paused, "And you did good kid."

Wall, SD
9:05:20 AM GMT
283 Creighton Rd

They sat in the living room smoking in silence for a little while. Akvo was pensive.

I don't have any enemies. He couldn't have thrown just one can in the air? I shouldn't complain. It's not his fault I can't figure out my own feelings. I went from being a shitty purse snatcher to a mass murderer in less than twenty-four hours. I didn't want to do it. And now hundreds of people know that I can generate and manipulate ice. His thoughts were interrupted.

"Yeh might 'ave an easier time sortin' yer thoughts if yeh wheren't so God damn angsteh." Anthony said.

"Excuse me?" Akvo said.

"Ah said, if yeh stop wallowin' then maybeh yeh'll get somewhere." Spengler said, not looking at all apologetic.

"Well maybe if I wasn't wrapped up in my own bullshit I could sort it out. I don't exactly see you forwarding any information." Akvo retorted, raising his voice somewhat.

"What do yeh wantuh know? I dun't have aneh problums so what em I supposed tah say. Dun't try tah push this on meh." Anthony said in a level voice.

"You're right. I just want to know what I'm supposed to do. I've got this power and potential but I don't want to use it for good or for evil. But it's too late I've already killed so many people." Akvo said

"Yeh can't talk to meh about moraliteh. Ahm a scientist, I dun't give two shits about' wha' someone's god says about wha's right an' wrong. All I care about' is knowledge. Man's greatest goal in life is achievin' absolute knowledge. If yeh had teh kill a few people tah find out tha' yer a facet of whut people believe is God then it doesun't mattah." Spengler said firmly.

I don't know if I agree with him. But then again I don't really know what I think either. So much angst.

"Well you're right about one thing: I am being a little bitch. Perhaps I need to get off my ass and decide what I want to do with the rest of my days." Akvo said.

"I'd seh so." was all Spengler had to say.

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 13 /30
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 4/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 5/10

Last edited by Akvo on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:22 am

8:48:13 A.M. MT

Takeshi stepped into the large room, immediately spotting Hiram and the newcomer, a young, slim women wearing a slick suit.

“Hiram! You have no idea what I have gone through to reach you!.. an unknown intruder was spotted outside the lab, I had Steve send a drone out to investigate… which was thoroughly destroyed may I add! I had to ride your tramway from hell! An acceleration of 1-120 in 5 seconds isn’t what I would consider effective efficiency!... I wouldn’t be surprised if I had a blood clot forming in my damn brain!”

Takeshi’s eyes where as wide as a deer in the headlights, his tannish skin a noticeably lighter tone.

“Also, you may want a cleanup outside the tramway…”
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:40 am

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory, Storage Room
8:51:28 A.M. MT

Ike finally arises from an unknown voice trying to wake him up.
"Ike, will you please wake up...." Steve kept pestering Ike.
"What is it.....ummm......whatever your name is?"
"It is Steve........please get up, there is an intruder...."
"Ok then, doesn't Dr. Weird have drones or other things to take care of it?"
"Destroyed"
"What about Dr. Weird and his other companion?"
"They are busy at the moment and I would believe it best if you joined them..."
"Fuck....... Fine." Ike rises, gets dressed then works his way to the door. "Show the way Steve, I won't be much help if I run into some unknown defense system."
Steve leads him to the Medical Lab.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:29 am

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory R & E East Wing
8:50:11 A.M. MT

“I’ll get right on that sir,” rang out Steve with an era of disgust in his robotic voice.

“Ah glad you could join us Agent Yellow, I see Steve granted you the temporary access. I will need to fix it so you have permanent access later,” seeing Takashi eyeing the newest member to join their ranks. Dr. Weird starts “I would like to introduce you to Living Fire, and the garment she is holding my one of my latest works. The Chameleon 3 Phase Shift Suit complete with mind link activation, a higher rate of concealing, and thermally insulated to withstand the hottest to the coldest environments; and holds enough power to hide for a solid week if you wanted to.”

Basking in his own brilliance over what he created and enjoying the moment, unit what Takashi said about the invader suddenly caught up with him. “WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ABOUT AN INTRUDER WITH IN THE PERMITTER, STEEEVE REPORT.”

“It seems that a few ventilation shafts were covered up, I performed an auto clear and sent out a reconnaissance droid out to investigate upon Dr. Takashi’s order. Shortly after being sent out the droid was destroyed in sector 18.”

“CALL OUT 6 MORE RD 2241C48 Mark VIII AND HAVE THEM READY BY THE TIME I GET TO THE HANGER, I AM GOING OUT. NO ONE IS GOING TO FIND THIS COMPOUND.” Dr. Weird bolted from the room screaming.

“NO ONE, DAMN IT, NO OOOOOONEE.”

________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 4/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 am

8:53:00 AM
Badlands

Dark kept running through the endless valleys of the badlands. He kept his tracks light and small. He stayed on his back legs, ignoring his arms almost completly. He was slightly faster on his two legs then four.

He wasn't absolutly certain exactly what he was running from, but he knew better than to egg something on. Of course he could be running from nothing but an old rundown facility that was just doing as programmed, a base like that would likely have many valuable things laying about, or the base could be fully manned and he just pissed off an army of he could only guess what. Uncertainty would lead you to great riches or doom, he decided better to run than risk death.

He soon came upon what he had hoped for. A road, fully paved. He turned to follow it, continuing to sprint as fast as he could. He wouldn't be able to hold this pace for long, but every step was a step farther from whatever he was running from.

Roll on what happens, 1-5 He keeps running, nothing comes up 6-10 a car is driving towards him
Random number (1,10) : 6

Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:38 am

8:55:30AM MT
Road through the badlands

Dark seeing the car quickly put his gloves on to hide his claws. He had recieved many discouraged glances at them before. Once they where on he went out to the middle of the road and waved his arms, drawing the driver to him.

A young girl, only about 19 or 20 pulled up and rolled the window down and asked "Whats up?"

Dark stated calmly "I was out camping here and I got lost. Need to get back to a city. Care to give me a lift?"

The girl ruffled her eye brows and stated "Why are you dressed in such rags? When was the last time you washed them?" Dark thought how to answer but she just continued "Hop in, I'm just on my way home and we'll find you something decent to wear."

Dark said "Thanks." He looked down at the door, but was unsure exactly how to open it. He quickly grabbed what appeared to be a handle and pulled, the door smacked right into his face, which made the girl laugh. He got into the car and closed the door.

The girl caught her breath from her laughter and asked "You don't see much for cars do you? You must be like an amish or something." She started accelerating down the road. Dark just looked blankly out the window, not exactly knowing what to say.

She broke the silence with "You must of been stuck out here awhile. Wearing that out here will kill you if it gets to hot." She looked at him and noticed his hood was still up "... um, you can put your hood down." She observed.

Dark looked at her and said "Oh, sorry." He used one hand to take down his hood. She did a double take looking at him and the road. Dark continued "Thanks again. I really appreciate this."

The girl shrugged and replied "Hey, don't worry about it. If I am ever that far up shit creek without a paddle, I would hope someone would stop for me. I'm Dana by the way." Dark nodded and she uneasily continued "Um... whats your name?"

Dark looked over at her, and tried to think of something but could so he simply said "I have no name."

Dana uneasily shifted away from him and asked "What? Everyone has a name."

Dark looked at his hands and explained "If I tell you the exact truth will you promise not to kick me out?"

Dana opened up the divider between them and pulled out a small gun and said "Well, if it's anything like your a rapist, you'll have a bullet between your eyes."

Dark looked at her with a smile and said "I've never really had much human contact. I've lived in the wilderness my entire life. 'Raised by wolves' I believe would fit nicely. This is the first time I've ever even been in... this kinda thing."

"It's called a car, and wow... I didn't think cave men still existed." Dana exlaimed.

Dark inquired "That answer your question?"

Dana looked at him then back to the road, "Mostly, gonna need something to call you by though." Dark looked back out the window and thought about it for a second then remembering his past in the science facility that was his past the people always refered to him as "Dark Coyote."

He looked back at her and said "You can call me Dark Coyote. If that helps."

Dana chuckled and responded "How about just Dark? Keeps it simple."

"Works for me." He responded.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:38 am

8:50:49 AM MT

Yilana squints her eyes at Dr. Takeshi after the introductions and walks up to him with a hand over a blade on her belt. "Doctor is it? Ever been to Pusan, Korea?" she said while clenching her jaw.

"I swear if I find out that he worked in those labs in Korea or even those labs back in Bryant, I will get answers" she thought to herself.

Skills
Inferno [Passive]
Fire Form [Novice] 1/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:06 pm

8:51:32 AM MT

Takeshi was taken completely by surprise by the young woman’s inquiry…

“Why yes in fact… I worked at the Chung-Ha Industry of Science as the lead of the Neurology and Psychological Research and Experimentation Team… That was over 30 years ago though…”

Takeshi now making intense eye contact with the women.

“Why do you ask?” Takeshi inquired.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

8:52:00 AM MT

Yilana smirked. "Do you know that there was another laboratory based in Bryant? Any knowledge of mutants that have superhuman strength? How about Instantaneous Adaption? Was that one of the 'big' things studied in Pusan? How about this man who is supposedly the head boss of the Bryant division of Chung-Ha Industry of 'Science', do you know him? Huh?!" she said talking very fast. She was almost yelling and sounding very demanding, while walking towards him, nose-to-nose with fierce eyes, hungry for every answer.

Skills
Inferno [Passive]
Fire Form [Novice] 1/10

Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Badlands South Dakota
9:17:34 A.M. MT

Surveying the area where the first recon droids were sent out, “CLEAN THIS SHIT UP AND TAKE THE SCRAP BACK TO THE LAB FOR RECYLING.”

“Dr. Weird we have found a small blood trail heading off in that direction.” One of the RD’s reported.

“Let me see,” Dr. Weird walks over to the small blood pool. He leans over and sticks his finger in it; standing back up to view the blood on his fingers in the light.

(Dr. Weird attempt to Scry the target 1-8 FAIL, 9-10 SUCCESS)
Random number (1,10) : 6

Scrying [Novice] – 4/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Wall, SD
9:30:00 AM GMT
283 Creighton Rd
Backyard

"Seems like yeh've got trouble freezin' stuff but yeh can shoot stuff pretty well." said Anthony, "And since yeh can' seem ta decide which yeh prefer, yeh should prolly have the option. So, tha' means yeh need ta learn to use yeh freezin' power bettah."

"Practice makes perfect I guess." replied Akvo.

The old man set up a couple more cans of mountain dew around the area.

"Now then, we're not goin' fah speed, we jus' wan' yeh ta hit somethin'" said the old man. "Focus all yeh mind on hitting these cans one at a time. And don't botha thinking about someone there in this case. Jus' think about successfuleh hittin' somethin'"

Akvo focuses on the first can.

I can do this....

Akvo holds his breath

Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to chill the first soda. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to chill the first soda. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 8
Random number (1,10) : 7

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Badlands South Dakota
9:19:55 A.M. MT

Dr. Weird’s vision began to blur and go out of focus and refocused in on the owner of the blood. He was in a car with a young girl.

She must have picked him up. He thougth.

Looking around he saw a mile marker and a sign post that read 50 miles to Rapid City. A devious smile came across his face as his vision returned. “YOUR ASS IS MINE NOW, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.” Running over to his speeder and jumping in. “FOLLOW ME NOW WVERYBODY, THE HUNT IS ON,” as he revs the speeder and heads off in the direction of the target.

His speeder was another one of his prized inventions. Capable of reaching speeds of 200 mph, it glides over all forms of terrain and could even move across large bodies of water. It could only be matched by his Orbital Observational Platform. Which was being upgraded and won’t be ready till this evening.

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 5/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Wall, SD
9:32:06 AM GMT
283 Creighton Rd
Backyard

Nothing happened.

Nothing fucking happened!

He was visibly upset. He all but stomped his foot.

"Now now, no need ta get so God damn uppiteh. It's not gonna get ya anehwhere.
Yeh can' expect ta make any progress if yeh throw a tempah tantrum every time yeh fail
Instead of bein' so upset maybeh yeh should considah why yeh failed. It was obvious
ta meh tha' ya whant breathing before yeh made yeh attempt. So, try breathing in and
steadehin' yehself." Anthony instructed

Akvo put his arm up and started breathing in.

"Now when yeh feel comfortable exhale and attempt before yeh breathe in again."

Akvo continued breathing.

Here we go....

Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to chill the next falling soda. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 4
Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to chill the next falling soda. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm

8:52:23 AM MT

Takeshi stood for a moment thinking about the barrage of questions that he had just been asked, suddenly realizing that Hiram had left the room.

“I don’t think now is the time for this, we should follow Hiram and help him with the intruder, besides, I could really use some action, and it looks like you could too……. After that I can play 20 questions with you all day.”

Takeshi began a stride towards the hallway, motioning at Yilana to follow.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:04 pm

8:52:46 AM MT

Yilana curses under her breath, feeling heat flow through her cheeks. She decides to follow Dr. Takeshi down the hallway. "Who in the hell would try to break in a crappy ass looking warehouse. Do you think they know what's actually in here?"

But before she could hear an answer, both of them were standing outside, looking at the mess the intruder and the spy-bot made. "Wow.. Hey where is Dr. Weird?" Yilana looks around at the frost-covered grass and rubble, finding a trail of skid marks to the road ahead.

"Great.." She says in disappointment then grunts in pain, feeling a huge pinch from the wound the bullet made earlier today. "I think the serum is wearing off."

Skills
Inferno [Passive]
Fire Form [Novice] 1/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 pm

9:20:12 AM MT

Following a small hovering drone beeping almost to the point in which Ike wanted to rip out every damn wire in this drone and R2-D2, he runs into the familiar Asian doctor that was with Dr. Weird and an unfamiliar black clad woman. Ike walks toward the two and notices some speeders placed readily for them.

Ike runs over trying to catch up, "HEY, WAIT UP DAMN IT TO HELL!" The Asian doctor begins to rev his speeder up loudly. Ike then tries to yell at the black tech suited woman. "OI, CYBORG GIRL OR WHATEVER YOU ARE WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!"

Last edited by Ike on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : FLOW OF STORY)
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory, Garage A
9:19:34 A.M. MT

Takeshi observed Yilana wandering outside the lab from the garage.

“Weird couldn’t have gotten that far, we are only a couple minutes behind hi….”

Suddenly Steve convened on Takeshi’s remark.

“Dr. Takeshi, Dr. Weird left a couple minutes ago on one of his land speeders, would you like me to prepare another two for you and Yilana?”

“Land speeder..?”

Suddenly, two moderately sized hovering vehicles lowered from the ceiling of the garage.

“The speeders are ready for use Dr. Takeshi…. Dr. Weird’s location has been marked on the integrated GPS.”

Takeshi took a second glance back at Yilana.

“Looks like we have a ride, let’s go!” Takeshi shouted, beckoning Yilana.

Takeshi took a seat in one of the speeders, trying his best to figure out the controls. Suddenly, a luminescent blue holo panel popped up basically giving complete instructions of how to pilot the vehicle.

“Perfect….finally, some action.” Takeshi spoke, revving the speeders engine.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Terror Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Vermillion, South Dakota
Mara's Dorm Room
9:56 of the AM – CT

“SH*T!” roars the rabid girl, falling further into hysterics.

“All I want is relief… just to get away.” Her voice is shaky, even in her head.
It takes every ounce of sanity for her to stop her body from convulsing. After a few seconds, awareness sinks in and she is suddenly afraid that someone may have heard her outburst. Mara manages to stumble to her own door, whipping herself into her bedroom, hot tears etching themselves into her cheeks as they stream down her face.

“What do I do…?” Mara asks herself in a whisper. She resists the automatic urge to turn around and glance at the business card that had found its way into her hand many a time in the past day or so. Life was growing even less appealing with every second, the need to escape like a deep hunger inside her. “The more I use my powers, the larger the chance of me taking lives…” mumbles the girl, weighing options in her conscious mind now. “Am I okay with that?” She sits curled up against the door, the question echoing in her ears. Misty eyes gaze into nothingness for what seems like eternity.

“Why shouldn’t you have happiness?”

The weight of all her thoughts and fears crush her, keeping her on her knees as she crawls to the desk below the window. Fingers fumble with the phone, thankfully charged enough to power on now. After a sniffle, a mask of collectedness finds its place on the girl’s tear-stained face as the number that had been boring into her brain is dialed into the small keypad of the phone. Ringing ensues, the only thing audible as Mara holds her breath.

The pauses between are deafening.

Night Terror
Night Terror

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next