Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

+4
Twisted Fate
Sol
Epoch
Noah the Arc Bearer
8 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP Empty 2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:32 am

Greetings Readers!

We find ourselves at the cusp of a world in danger, in the early afternoon of this Thursday, November 4. Somewhere in the middle of the South Dakota badlands a mad scientist with a bizarre ability to see in panorama is cackling away as he augments living beings. A wild, elderly asian man with a record, two doctorates and a hand at hypnosis is running toward Montana, fleeing from the law. Another madman is about to rob a bank in Lincoln, Nebraska, but with an unusual ability. Even more so, there's a girl in a South Dakota college with a sinister dream talent, and a not-so-normal purse snatching crook from Texas is causing hell in Lawton, Oklahoma.

But let's not fear, Changeling and Epoch are aspiring heroes at the Oklahoma City NSS, Station 7. They are oblivious to the crime in their world, and Breezy is nowhere to be found.

THE ARC
It is now 3:00 on the mild Thursday, November 4. Dr. Weird has been working on his experiments, when he realizes his fridge is low on Throwback, luckily for him, a somewhat-not-so-local gas station near Rapid City has quite the stock. Also, Twisted Fate is peculiarly driving at an amazing speed without any accidents, he's only about 70 miles away from Rapid City, and low on gas.

It has been about an hour since the Lawton police department has thrown the city into lockdown, in search of the frosty burglar and cop killer. A report was made by the Arlington, Texas police station forwarded a report on the criminals appearance from a bus operator who was nearly involved in the police murder situation. The operator, sadly could not recall the odd, foreign sounding name of the man. However, backing up the report, a Shell Gas Station was robbed by the same man, who managed to kill the attendant. Luckily the camera caught his face and the tape is already being played on news stations nationwide.

The NSS Station nearest the city of Lawton has been notified, since the criminal has shown the ability to make ice weapons. The NSS is activating a new, small group of aspiring heroes to bring the frosty vigilante to justice. They have reported that the team of heroes is most of the new Strike Force. How will the situation turn?

Go now, my super-beings and change the course of forever.
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP Empty Re: 2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

Post  Epoch Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dormitory
Room 419
3:00pm

"ATTENTION ALL NSS RESIDENTS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DISPATCH AUDITORIUM IMMEDIATELY, I REPEAT, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DISPATCH AUDITORIUM IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY"

Epoch shoots up from his little desk that he was zoning out at, just seconds ago. He knew the severity of these announcements, and ran, hurriedly out the door, letting it slam behind himself.

He let his feet take him with haste in the direction of the auditorium.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:47 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dormitory
Room 424
3:00pm

Changeling lay on his bed. Sore, yet again, but what was new. Just as he began to doze off the alert went off,

"ATTENTION ALL NSS RESIDENTS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DISPATCH AUDITORIUM IMMEDIATELY, I REPEAT, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DISPATCH AUDITORIUM IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY"

Changeling shot up from his bed. this was the real thing, time to get serious.

He quickly put on his clothes and grabbed his masks and ran out the door towards the auditorium, nervous but excited all at once.
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:58 am

Somewhere outside Rapid City
3:00 PM

A distinctly audible sound came from the dashboard of Takeshi's card, and a light situated next to the speedometer flashed on, low gas. Takeshi grimaced as he sputtered to himself,"Dammit, low gas already?" After driving another 20 miles or so Takeshi happened upon an exit leading him to a small gas station.

"This will do just fine," as Takeshi pulled into the gravel parking lot of the station and pulling up next to pump #3. As Takeshi pumped his gas, he caught a glimpse of a peculiar looking man walking into the station," Odd, it felt as if that man was watching me....yet, his back was turned on me the whole time." Suddenly, Takeshi heard the snap of the fuel nozzle cutting off the flow of gas. Just as Takeshi was about to slide his card through the pump he stopped himself and though," Perhaps using my card is not the smartest of ideas, I could be being tracked." As Takeshi walked into the small gas station he got a second glimpse of the strange man, cramming cans of.....Throwback....into his coat.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:01 am

The young man in the brown jacket chokes down the last of his first pack. When he passes a TV repair shop.

"Authorities are not sure how this young man is killing people. Our analysts have reviewed the footage and conclude that he is tossing knives in a skillful manner. However according to the police report no murder weapon was found at the scene of the crime. Here is an artist sketch of the male. He appears to be six feet tall, with slightly tanned skin. and sparse facial hair. If you should see this man report it to the local authorities." these words came spouting from the TV behind the window like vomit from a sick child.

"What the fuck?" asked Akvo, "I didn't ask for this! If only that stupid bitch had more than forty bucks i could have just made my way around fine. I should have gone south."

"This man is armed and dangerous, having killed four highway patrolmen, if you see him do not approach. The National Superhero Society is on the look out so there is no need to panic."

"No need to panic!? What about me!?" he shouted as he threw his hand towards the glass window.

Akvo rolls to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on TV 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 9
If successful in destroy TV the next roll will indicate whether this action is seen: Odd numbers indicate someone notices while even numbers indicate the action goes unnoticed.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:02 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dispatch Auditorium
3:03pm

Epoch pushed his way through a small swath of students as he ran into the auditorium, punctuality was always his strong point. Professor Quantum stood at the front of the room, behind a podium and he looked up to notice Epoch enter.

"Epoch! Epoch!" Quantum charged with his voice.

It caught epoch's ears and he knew with utter concern that Quantum always called him Darren, unless there was a real emergency.

"Epoch, sit up front, this is important," Quantum sighed loudly.

Rushing to the front, Epoch noticed three open seats with labels, in order from the isle in, "Epoch, Changeling and Breezy." He took the seat with his label and sat down as everyone crammed into the auditorium.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:09 am

Akvo notices a hobo watching him and asks "What are you looking at old man?"

"I know what I just saw" replied the drunken hobo.

Akvo moves in on the old man and hauls him into an alley.

"Look, maybe you saw something maybe you didn't." Akvo says as he pulls out a pack of cigarettes.

"I've got a whole pack of Camel Wides that says you were taking a nap when that happened." Akvo said as he stuffs the pack of cigarettes into the vagrants coat.

Roll to determine fate of the decision: Odd numbers the hobo accepts the bribe while even numbers mean the hobo declines.
Random number (1,10) : 8

If the hobo declines the offer Akvo rolls to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the hobo 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 1
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:20 am

Time: 3:13

“Ding”

“Beautiful weather today isn’t it.” Dr. Weird says entering the store wearing a trench coat carrying a walking cane.

“Yeah, nice for South Dakota.” Says the unenthusiastic 18 year old cashier, you could tell she wanted to be somewhere else.

After stuffing as many cans of Throw Back in his coat as he could he grabbed four cases and proceeded to the cash register. “OH MY GOD,” the cashier shouted “Did you see the news?” A small 15 inch TV behind the counter was playing the State News. It was about a mysterious young man in Lawton Oklahoma who had apparently killed 4 cops and robbed a gas station, but had an interesting ability to manipulate ice. “Aw, and he looks cute too.”

“Interesting, I need to meet this person.”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing, now how much for the beverages?”

“$10.54, you really like this stuff, what’s the difference?”

“Love it, everybody always asks, you just have to try it for yourself. Thank you and have a nice day.” Picking up his purchase as an experienced looking Asian came walking in with a nervous look on his face.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:26 am

Jack Rabbit Gas Stop
Time: 3:15 PM

Takeshi slowly began to approach the strange man,"Excuse me, but it seems as though you have been watching me, explain yourself."
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:29 am

Time: 3:15

“Excuse me, sir I have no idea what you are talking about.” Says Dr. Weird with a sly grin.

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:33 am

Jack Rabbits Gas Stop

Aggravated, Takeshi responded,"I can see right through your lies, now, I will ask once more, who the hell are you?"
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:34 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dispatch Auditorium
3:04pm

Changeling rushes into the Auditorium and looks around for his team, spotting Epoch at the front and breezy no where in sight.

He hustles over to sight down in a chair labeled with his name... Hmm.. It's nice feeling wanted. How many of the others in here have names on their seats... hah.

Professor Quantum took notice of Changeling's arrival and looked inquisitive as to the whereabouts of Breezy. Changeling just shrugged and Quantum took to the gesture.

"Quiet... quiet people. Now, I'm going to get straight to the point. There has been an incident with a young man. He has murdered four highway patrol men and has been recently spotted robbing a gas station and murdering the clerk. A security camera caught him in the act. He appears to be gifted, like all of you. We aren't certain what his specific power is as of yet but he is to be considered extremely dangerous. The NSS has requested our newest team, the Strike Force, be dispatched to handle this threat before he gets even more out of hand. That is all for now, please will the Strike Force stay with me a moment before heading out."

Quantum runs his hands through his hair something he doesn't often do, he must be nervous.

"Epoch, Changeling. Your the only two I have right now, so you're going to have to watch each others back. Don't split up, I know its your first call and I know your excited but just because the target is alone doesn't mean it will be easy. Don't let that get to your head. Be careful, and I hope to hear from you when you make contact with the target. Good luck."

Changeling looked Epoch in the eye, and nodded.

"It's time Epoch', as Changeling put out his hand for Epoch to grab.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:37 am

“Chill out Jackie Chan, I have no clue what you are going on about, and I also don’t feel obligated to tell you anything let alone someone I don’t even know.”

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:41 am

Taken off guard by the Jackie Chan comment, Takeshi hastily changed the topic," I see you use a cane to walk, yet you look less than half my age."
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dispatch Auditorium

Epoch reaches out and grabs Changeling's hand and shakes his hand. "I have to go suit up," he says to Changeling, standing up, taking his hand back.

Quantum stops Epoch, "You are to report to the helicopter pad in ten minutes, your flight is waiting for you."

Epoch looks from Quantum to Changeling and nods then runs out of the room, headed back to his dorm.

He can hear Quantum addressing Changeling, but cannot make out the conversation as he exits.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:45 am

Thinking of a rebuttal Dr. Weird starts thing for a moment. “Hold on you look familiar, now where have I seen you before?”

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:48 am

Time: 3:16

Takeshi responded with a look of intensity on his face," Perhaps, I will introduce myself if you return the favor."
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:50 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Alleyway

"Your cigarettes aren't going change the fact that I saw you breaking that stuff. I know who you are kid, you're that guy who killed the highway patrolmen." says the hobo shaking.

"You don't know shit," replies Akvo taking the cigarettes back and raising his hand, "Say good night."

Nothing happens and Akvo stares at his hand as though it had just cost him dearly. "Why is it you only work when someone is watching?" he asks rhetorically before grabbing the old man and throwing him on the ground.

"I was going to let you live. You should have just taken the cigarettes."

Akvo rolls to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the hobo 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 10

if unsuccessful Akvo kicks the hobo and rolls again to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the hobo 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 5

If still unsuccessful Akvo rolls to use the Alpha skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the hobo 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 10
No matter the outcome of the rolls Akvo runs towards the other end of the alley trying to escape the hobo.

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:52 am

“Well playing my Asian comrade, I am Professor Hiram Boggs, pleasure to meet you sir.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:53 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dispatch Auditorium
3:06pm

Changeling watches as Epoch run out of the room.

Changeling turns back to Quantum as Quantum puts his hand on Changelings shoulder, "With Breezy no where to be found and only you and Epoch being sent to handle this I feel I should remind you that Epoch has no true offensive powers. We don't know how dangerous this young man is, I want you to keep an extra close eye on Epoch. Now get to the landing pad, your flight leaves shortly."

Changeling nods his acknowledgment and dashes out of the auditorium. He catches only a brief sentence before he rounds the corner.

"Remember students being available when you are needed is THE most important rule of the NSS agreement..."

Changeling bursts out laughing at that. Breezy is never going to hear the end of this...
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:54 am

Extending his hand, offering a handshake Takeshi replied," Very good, I am Dr. Hazata Takeshi."
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 am

“Well what brings you out to this little corner of the world?”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:04 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dormitory Room 419
3:07pm

Epoch is rushing to slip into his suit.

"Just a few minutes, I have to hurry," he keep muttering as he slips his casual clothes off and starts bouncing on his left foot, trying to get his legs through.

It only takes a minute, in his rush to put the electric blue spandex suit on and for a final touch he sticks his small blue mask to his face over his eyes.

"I gotta hurry," he mumbles again, as he rushes out of his room, full in blue spandex and white boots and gloves, and lets the door slam again.
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:11 am

Just as Takeshi was about to respond, he heard a special report broadcast on the TV....*In other news, in Wichita Kansas, 15 individuals 7 male, 8 female, where found dead in the freezer room of the Lab of Dr. Hazata Takeshi, the whereabouts of Takashi himself are unknown, but there are leads that he has head north." This obviously got the attention of Takeshi, and also, the gas station attendant, who at this point had a look of terror masking her face, glaring directly at Takeshi. Takeshi craned his head looking back at Hiram," Let me take care of this," then suddenly glaring into the eyes of the young attendant.

(Takeshi looks into the young clerks eyes, uses Alpha Skill Hypnotize,1-5 fail, 6-10 succeed)

(If Fails, attempts Alpha Skill Hypnotize again, 1-5 fail, 6-10 succeed)

(If Fails again, Clerk Attempts to call the cops)
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:16 am

The clerks eyes suddenly gloss over into a state of hypnosis.

(Takeshi then attempts to give the clerk the feeling of her internal organs on fire(Alpha Skill Sensory Manipulation(Feel), 1-5 fail, 6-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 2

(If fails Takeshi attempts to give the clerk the feeling of her internal organs on fire again(Alpha Skill Sensory Manipulation(Feel), 1-5 fail, 6-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 7

(If fails Takeshi attempts to give the clerk the feeling of her internal organs on fire again(Alpha Skill Sensory Manipulation(Feel), 1-5 fail, 6-10 Success)

(If fails, Clerk snaps out of hypnosis and attempts to call the cops)
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next