Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

+4
Twisted Fate
Sol
Epoch
Noah the Arc Bearer
8 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP - Page 3 Empty Re: 2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

Post  Epoch Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:37 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Elmer Thomas Park, Near Lake Helen
3:37pm

"I'll just stick to something a tad more reliable," Epoch says slightly chuckling. Changeling's thud on the hard earth was comic enough to lighten up the situation for him to finally smile again. "My feet work perfectly fine."

He starts headed toward the North East and says back to Changeling who was picking himself off the ground, "I saw movement near that lake over there as I came down my rope, think I'll head there."

Epoch pace hastens as he focuses strongly. His mind starts racing, not only with thoughts of excitement, but anxiety over his first real assignment. Noticing his worry, he begins breathing. The rhythm he needed, practicing his breathing was important if he was ever to teleport again. The thought boldly slipped into his cranium. That was something important to him, expanding the power that got him out of that lonesome prison.

Suddenly his thoughts slipped back to just a few years ago when he was trapped in that egg shaped room. Everything was white and sterile, the fabric of the walls and floor were all woven into one, and it was specially created to keep him in. The facility there was his only prison and only real torture aside from being ripped away from his parents. Had he not teleported that summer he would likely still be there. That's what all of this was for, to get better, stronger, so he could face anything, and stand in the way of such a cruel injustice. Then he thought, just how many other gifted children were holed up in a place like that?

Before he could even consider it, Epoch snapped back to reality as the lake was before him, only a few yard out. On the water he spied a small icy saucer, bearing a barely moving body. That body had to be the criminal he and Changeling had been scrambled for. Epoch then shouted back to Changeling, who was still a ways behind, "I think I found him!"

Epoch bolted the extra few yards to the waters edge and commanded, "Turn and face me, ice maker!"
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:41 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:38pm

Akvo hears someone shout something that could only be directed at him.

"Go away, I'm a troubled kid just lashing out at society. Nothing to get involved with."

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:56 am

Time: 3:47

“Watch me do a BARRAL ROLL, WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” shouts Dr. Weird as Takeshi starts blowing chunks in the back seat.
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:59 am

[b]Lawton, Oklahoma
3:37pm[/b

Changeling recovers his footing and runs after Epoch. Removing the Panther mask and replacing it with the cool metal mask in one swift motion. He hears Epoch yell a ways off, "I think I found him!"

Changeling runs to Epoch's side and sees a figure on the lake.

Changeling figures now is as good a time as any, he focuses his mind. He focuses on his body specifically his strength and agility.

Changeling uses Enhance Physical Traits (Novice) 1-8 failure and 9-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 2

If successful Changeling how has increased strength and agility, allowing for super human feats.
If a failure nothing occurs.
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:13 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
3:38pm

Epoch notices that Changeling has hesitated a bit and decides to call out the wounded sounding man, "At least come to the shore, we promise that we will stand down. If this whole thing really is a misunderstanding, then the NSS can figure out a program for you. Please come this way so we can get to the bottom of this, if you refuse we may be forced to use any means to bring you in," He states firmly. Although a thought ran through his head, did that sound leaderly? Did I coat it on too thick?
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:28 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:39pm

"I didn't mean to kill those people! I'm just a lowly purse snatcher! A dreg of society…. I wasn't trying to hurt anybody. I should have just stayed in Arlington!" Akvo calls to the blue suited man no more than forty feet away.

He begins talking to himself quietly but frantically, "What can I do? You guys are probably just lying to get me out there. Maybe they're serious… but I did kill people… I just don't know."

Akvo rolls to decide. Odd numbers indicate that he walks back to land while even numbers indicate that Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo.
Random number (1,10) : 4
If the previous roll resulted in an even number Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success
Random number (1,10) : 6
If the previous roll was unsuccessful Akvo rolls again to use Novice Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success
Random number (1,10) : 1

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:37 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:39:45pm

"No way! I know it's a trick! I'm not coming out there… Just go away!" He shouts and raises his hands around the perimeter of his ice platform.

Nothing happens, and Akvo looks at his hands and tries again to no avail.

"WHY?!" He shouts, "Why won't you work…." he says to himself.

"Why did this have to happen to me? Just go away!" he shouts towards the duo and throws his hand outward not at anyone in particular, just in their general direction.

Akvo rolls to use the Alpha Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles in their general direction 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 5
[i]Regardless of the previous roll, Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill
Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success
Random number (1,10) : 7
If the previous roll was unsuccessful Akvo rolls again to use Novice Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success

if the Novice Skill roll is successful Akvo and his platform are encased in ice.[i]

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:52 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:40:16pm

"You don't seem willing to cooperate but things haven't been going your way today, have they?" Changeling shouts across the water.

"This is your chance, surrender and come with us, we can help you. If you refuse, we will have no choice but to force you."

Changeling tensed up and raises his palm towards the stranger.

"Well, wanna make my day? Do ya? ....Punk."
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:40:36pm

It might still be a trick. Akvo thought.

Akvo rolls to make a decision: 1,5, or 9 indicate that Akvo will make his way to shore. All others and the next set of rolls take effect
Random number (1,10) : 3
If the previous roll was not a 1,5, or 9 Akvo shouts "Please! Just leave me alone!" and rolls to use the Alpha Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles in their general direction 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
[i] Regardless of the previous roll, Akvo rolls again to use the Alpha Skill
Shoot Sharp Icicles in their general direction 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success
Random number (1,10) : 10

if the Novice Skill roll is successful Akvo and his platform are encased in ice.

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:10 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:40:44pm

Ice quickly encases the man on the small ice raft in a small ice bubble. Epoch looked in awe, perhaps this guy was a little more powerful than he thought.

"Changeling," Epoch said sternly but quietly, "if you can, break that ice dome, if you feel you can't, I'll try to teleport on top of it and bust it in."
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:41pm

Changeling heeds Epoch and focuses his mind into three spikes aiming at the Ice Shield.

Changeling uses Psionic Spike (Alpha) 1-5 failure, 6-10 is a successful use.

Random number (1,10) : 8

If Changeling casts his spikes successfully 1-4 fail, 5-8 it cracks a little, 9-10 he breaks a fist size hole
Changeling's Psionic Spike (Alpha) 1-4 fail, 5-8 it cracks a little, 9-10 he breaks a fist size hole
Changeling's Psionic Spike (Alpha) 1-4 fail, 5-8 it cracks a little, 9-10 he breaks a fist size hole

________________________________________________________________________________
Skills
Psychokinesis Mask:
Psionic Spikes (Alpha) - 2/20
Enhance Physical Traits (Novice) - 0/10

Panther Mask:
improved stealth (Alpha) - 0/20
climbing (Novice) - 0/10

Minotaur Mask:
Minotaur Strength (Alpha) - 0/20
Improved Stamina (Novice) - 0/10

Last edited by Changeling on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:41 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:41:28pm

Akvo curls up as the ice bubble rocks and tosses him from his position. "Fuck, they're trying to get in… What do I do? I should have just surrendered these guys probably could crush me. Those were probably just warning shots! Jesus Christ! The next ones will probably go straight through me… oh my god. I need to do something."

Akvo rolls to use the Alpha Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles gently, laying them out in his ball. 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 8 original number posted
[i]Akvo rolls to use the Alpha Skill
Shoot Sharp Icicles gently, laying them out in his ball. 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 3 original number posted
Shoot Sharp Icicles gently, laying them out in his ball. 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 4 original number posted
Random number (1,10) : 6 original number postedRegardless of the previous roll, Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success
Random number (1,10) : 9 original number posted

if the Novice Skill roll is successful Akvos ice ball increases in thickness by an inch per roll

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Alpha] - 10/20
Make shields of ice for protection [Novice] - 3/10

Last edited by Akvo on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:58 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:41pm

Changeling watches as two Psionic spikes soar towards the frozen shield. His hands clench together as he awaits the impact. The spikes hit and dissipate leaving not a mark upon the shield.

"Holy crap did you see that? Oh... what the hell...not even a scratch." he grits his teeth.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:58 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:42:13pm[b]

Epoch was in awe as the attack by Changeling was ineffective to the ice dome. He watched on as he could see through the foggy ice that there was definitely movement inside. This guy could be a total professional, he thought, he must be planning something.

"All right, Changeling," Epoch said with purpose, "take a quick break and I'll try teleporting."

Changeling nodded to him.

"I'm going for about six feet above the ice pod and I'll drop my foot on it hard," Epoch closes his eyes and concentrates for a second or two and breathes in.

(Attempts to teleport: 1-8 fail and he opens his eyes to see where he is, 9-10 success and he is 6 feet above the ice pod)

(If first attempt fails he tries again to teleport: 1-8 fail and he opens his eyes to see where he is, 9-10 success and he is 6 feet above the ice pod)
Random number (1,10) : 9

(If first attempt fails he tries again to teleport: 1-8 fail and he opens his eyes to see where he is and gives up, 9-10 success and he is 6 feet above the ice pod)

[b]IF HE MAKES IT

(Falling stomp attempt: 1-7 it fails, 8-10 he cracks the dome)

(regardless of stomps effect, attempt to hold still on the dome: 1-5 he slips into the water, 6-10 he holds on and rides on the dome)

Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:02 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:42:13pm

Changeling looks on as the ice seems to obscure the visage of the stranger even more than before.

Changeling shouts to Epoch, "I think the ice got thicker! Look out!"
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:08 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:42:25pm

Epoch lets his breath out to see that his first attempt was unsuccessful. He shakes his head and closes his eyes again. "Focus! Just be there, do it, you can do it!" He shouts to himself in his head just before he breathes in.

Suddenly he feels that vacuum-like feeling of suffocating, and within an instant Epoch is six feet above the dome of ice. His eyes rip open quickly as he breathes out and thrusts his left foot down to make contact with the ice. His brow curls with intensity and a serious ferociousness with the excitement of teleporting a second time.

SLAM Epochs foot hits the ice hard, sending a jolt through his leg as it slips off the surface of the dome.

"Damn it!" Epoch exclaims out loud as he slips, I should have gone up higher, I could have made a greater force, he screams in his head. Flailing, he wraps his limbs about the dome, like a frantic cat attacking a ball that's twice it's size. He clings on snugly and puffs out an agitated breath.

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Novice] 2/10
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:13 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:43:28pm

Akvo sits up straight this time, prepared this time. He looks up as he feels his ball sink a bit. "They're still trying to get in. I think these guys are good but I think my ball just might be a little too thick for them. I have to keep preparing. I know they're going to kill me. THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME!" he shouts inside his possibly unsafe bubble.

Akvo rolls to use the Alpha Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles gently, laying them out in his ball. 1-5 failure, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 8
Regardless of the previous roll, Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success
if the Novice Skill roll is successful Akvos ice ball increases in thickness by an inch per roll

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Alpha] - 10/20
Make shields of ice for protection [Novice] - 3/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:34 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:43:49pm

Fed up Changeling yells, "Enough of this crap!" Changeling frees his mind once, focusing on his body. He spreads his arms apart and raises them into the air.

C'MON!!!!! A burst of energy is shot outward from him, but is it successful?

Changeling uses Novice skill Enhance Physical Traits 1-8 fail, 9-10 it works.

If Novice skill Enhance Physical Traits is successful Changeling rolls to run on the water towards the globe. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.

If running on the water is successful changeling rolls to leap in the air leaps into the air preparing to smash his fist down on the globe. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.

Changeling attempts to smash his fists down on the globe.

If changeling is successful this determines the damage done. 1-4 fail, 5-8 makes a crack, 9-10 leaves a fist sized hole.

IF ENHANCE PHYSICAL TRAITS FAILS

If Enhance physical traits is a failure shoot Psionic spike at the Ice globe in the lake.

If Enhance physical traits is a failure shoot Psionic spike at the Ice globe in the lake.

If changeling is successful this determines the damage done. 1-4 fail, 5-8 makes a crack, 9-10 leaves a fist sized hole.

________________________________________________________________________________
Skills
Psychokinesis Mask:
Psionic Spikes (Alpha) - 3/20

Panther Mask:
climbing (Novice) - 0/10

Minotaur Mask:
Minotaur Strength (Alpha) - 0/20

Last edited by Changeling on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:41 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen
3:43:51pm

Epoch glances back to Changeling while laying on the globe, and notices that Changeling is attempting to charge himself. Epoch decides to teleport to the land again.

(teleport attempt: 1-8 fails, 9-10 succeeds)

If the teleport succeeds, then Epoch lands with am *Oomphf* on the shore, if not, he sees a spike sailing his way and jumps off the dome to swim to shore.

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Novice] 2/10
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:56 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Ice Ball
3:44:27pm

Akvo begins to calm himself. Slowing his breathing down. Watching the vapor rise and collect against the ceiling of the ball.

"If only that added strength to my defense… they're probably going to kill me I need to keep calm. I have no idea what they're capable of." he reasons aloud.

~CRACK~

"Oh shit, OH shit, OH SHIT! They're making progress, stay calm, stay calm." he says to himself as his ball rocks hard and rises as though a weight is lifted from it.

"Gotta keep preparing" he says and begins working diligently.

Regardless of the previous roll, Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to further ignore the duo. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Alpha] - 12/20
Make shields of ice for protection [Novice] - 4/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:07 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Shore
3:44:41pm

Changeling looks on as another layer of ice is added to the dome.

"THAT IS IT! I HAVE HAD IT!!" this time roaring at the stranger, who continues to only fuel his rage further.

He reaches back and feels for the horns of his minotaur mask. The cool metal leaves his face as the soft inside of the minotaur mask replaces it. A rush of blood fills his head as a great strength seethes through him.

Changeling uses his Alpha ability Super Strength 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.
Random Number (1,10) : 9

[i]Skills
Psychokinesis Mask:
Psionic Spikes (Alpha) - 3/20

Panther Mask:
climbing (Novice) - 0/10

Minotaur Mask:
Minotaur Strength (Alpha) - 1/20
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:22 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Shore
3:44:41pm

Changeling feels his muscles bulge and enters the water his eyes never leaving the globe.

He puts one hand in front of the other alternatively, thinking "THIS IS IT, ENOUGH FUCKING AROUND! YOUR NOT GONNA GET ANOTHER LAYER ON THERE! I'LL SMASH THIS ENTIRE BALL APART BEFORE YOU DO!!"

Changelings strokes quicken as he nears the Globe.
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:31 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Lake Helen, Ice Ball
3:45:12pm

The young man in the brown jacket continues concentrating. Breathing slowly. He looks up again at the crystals forming on the ceiling and is thankful that another layer of ice is added to his protection. He also gets an idea.

if all three novice skills are successful Akvo does not manipulate the ball further and it becomes a ball 12 inches thick. If two are successful Akvo manipulates the outermost layer into a layer of spikes making it a ten inch thick ball with a layer of offensive spikes on the outside. If one novice skill is successful, Akvo manipulates the outermost layer into a layer of spikes making it a 9 inch thick ball with a layer of offensive spikes on the outside

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Alpha] - 12/20
Make shields of ice for protection [Novice] - 5/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:25 am

Hiram's Jet
Time: 3:48 PM

Takeshi shouted at Hiram from the passenger seat of the plane,"How don't you know how to fly this damn jet you god damn crazy bastard!" Suddenly, Takeshi looked to the left to see a moderate sized skyline in the distance... Oklahoma City," It seems as though we are getting closer and closer to Lawton... thank goodness..."
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 am

Time: 3:48:47

“AND I NEVER HAD A PILOTS LESSON IN MY LIFE MWAHAHAHAHAHA!” Having way too much fun to caring about safety, seeing Takeshi with a sickly look of relief as he looks out the window. “THAT’S NOT OKLAHOMA CITY IT’S NORTH PLATTES NEBRASKA WE STILL HAVE 35 MINUTES TILL WE REACH LAWTON MAYBE MORE I HAVE NO IDEA THE DISTANCE......WE’RE GOING TO DO ANOTHER BARREL ROLL MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next