Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

+4
Twisted Fate
Sol
Epoch
Noah the Arc Bearer
8 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP - Page 6 Empty Re: 2) Arc 1: It Begins! PVP

Post  Epoch Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
National Guard Office
4:04:30pm

"Well, I was interested on whether or not you could prepare something because of this ice guy," Epoch says wiping his head with a towel that was recently handed to him. It was nice to get that water off of his face, and off his suit.

"The individual has been located, all units still within the city are in pursuit. Where is the NSS? Over," A voice over a police scanner says before the Captain of the National Guard could respond.

"I think we could definitely support you with a helicopter to take to to the location, besides, it's the NSS that's supposed to babysit all of the super villains." The Captain replies sternly.

"I'm sorry, sir," Epoch begins, "but my partner, Changeling, and I are actually new to "babysitting" super villains, but I will take you up on the offer."

The Captain grits his teeth, "Goddamn novices," he mumbles between his teeth as he begins to talk into a two-way radio, "Get me a chopper ready, immediately."

"My God! It seems the man can actually shoot what appears to be frozen beams of energy-" The voice on the scanner shouts.

"And send out a few ground patrols to back up the local police." The Captain finishes, looking back at Epoch who now has a shocked look on his face.

How the hell are we supposed to defeat this guy?
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:00 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Over Lawton
4:05pm

"Officer down! OFFICER DOWN! WE ARE UNDER FIRE FROM THE ICE MAN! HE TOOK OUT THREE SQUAD CARS AT SW C AVENUE. I AM IN PURSUIT ON NORTH 281. REQUESTING BACKUP."

"Sounds like someone needs you." Tom says directing his attention to Changeling.

"No more messing around, hit it tom."

The chopper roared through the air, passing SW C Avenue. One police car flipped over, one impaled with ice spikes. Another with tires shot out.

This bastards going to pay.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:06 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Highway 281 North
4:05:27pm

Changeling spots a police car traveling at high speed along 281 in pursuit of the target.

"Tom, get lower and to the left of the vehicle. I'm going to try and shoot out his tires."

Changeling places the cool metal mask over his face sliding open the side door and leaning out the door with his hand raised.

C'mon... cmon. Work damn you.

Changeling attempts to use alpha skill Psionic Spikes to shoot out the perpetrators tires. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 4

If previous attempt is a failure, Changeling attempts again to use alpha skill Psionic Spikes to shoot out the perpetrators tires. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 9

If previous attempt is a failure, Changeling attempts again to use alpha skill Psionic Spikes to shoot out the perpetrators tires. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:10 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Hiway 281
4:05:30pm

Akvo is holding approximately 98 miles an hour in the little blue BMW speeding north on Interstate 44.

"Thank god for cruise control." He says as he holds his arm out the window trying to freeze more cars.

Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to assault the pursuing Unit. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to assault the pursuing Unit. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 7
Random number (1,10) : 10

Regardless of the previous rolls Akvo grabs two of his shields, opens the door to the BMW, doing a tuck and roll with the ice shields for protection. A roll of 1 indicates Akvo has sustained serious injuries, 2-4 he's banged up a bit, 5-9 he'll wake up with a bruised rib, 10 he makes it out without a scratch.
Random number (1,10) : 2

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 2/50
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 1/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 0/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:15 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:05:40pm

Akvo freezes two cars and they fly behind him as he rolls out onto the road. The police unit hits one of the frozen car head on.

Akvo throws what's left of the shields to the ground and prepares to fashion another knowing reinforcements are coming.

Akvo rolls to use Alpha skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to fashion a shield for any impending battle 1-5 is a failure 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 1
Akvo rolls to use Alpha skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to fashion a shield for any impending battle 1-5 is a failure 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 8
Random number (1,10) : 3

"Come and get me cocksuckers. I told you I didn't want any of this bullshit and you still decided to fuck with me." He says as a few oncoming civilian vehicles approach him.
Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to assault the oncoming cars. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to assault the oncoming cars. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

Skills
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 1/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 2/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Time: 4:05 P.M.

Dr. Weird finds a way to pass the remainder of the flight time with a song.

“78 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall 78 vials of genetically altered DNA take one down put it in a syringe stab it into test subject #36, 77 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall, 77 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall 77 vials of genetically altered DNA take one down put it in a syringe stab it into test subject #40, 76 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall, 76 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall 76 vials of genetically altered DNA take one down put it in a syringe stab it into test subject #18, 75 vials of genetically altered DNA on the wall, BARRAL ROOOOOLLLLLL…………”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:05:40pm

Changeling watches as the spike flies towards the targets vehicle and catches the front driver side tire, however the ice man jumps out wielding two ice shields for protection. He slides along the highway leaving a trail of shredded ice.

"Tom, get me down there, NOW!"

"Roger Changeling." Tom drives the stick forward and the helicopter swoops downward.

Changeling attempts to use Enhance Physical Traits. 1-8 failure, 9-10 success.
Random Number : 3

If previous attempt fails Changeling attempts to use Enhance Physical Traits. 1-8 failure, 9-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 6

If previous attempt fails Changeling attempts to use Enhance Physical Traits. 1-8 failure, 9-10 success.
________________________________________________________________________________
Skills
Psychokinesis Mask:
Psionic Spikes (Alpha) - 5/20
Enhance Physical Traits (Novice) - 0/10

Panther Mask:
improved stealth (Alpha) - 0/20
climbing (Novice) - 0/10

Minotaur Mask:
Minotaur Strength (Alpha) - 10/20
Improved Stamina (Novice) - 0/10

Last edited by Changeling on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:15 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:06:15pm

"Alright Changeling, good luck. Radio me if you need me."

Changeling jumped out of the helicopter and rolled. He stood up and turned to the ice man.

"Remember me?" changeling thrust his hands out and attempted to use Psionic Spikes.

Changeling uses alpha skill Psionic Spikes to shoot at the ice man. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.

Changeling uses alpha skill Psionic Spikes to shoot at the ice man. 1-5 fail, 6-10 success.
Random number (1,10) : 5

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:06:15pm

The behemoth launches himself from the helicopter and lands hard on the ground.

He launches a barely visible energy at Akvo and it hits him in the chest.

"I suppose that's payback, for what what I did to you, huh?" Akvo wheezes, "You better hope your blue suited friend isn't in there."

He points his hand at the NSS chopper and shoots a freeze beam at it. The ice covers the opening and blocks the blades from spinning. The helicopter rapidly approaches the ground.

"I just wanted to be alone. His blood is on your hands." He wheezes again.

Skills
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 2/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 3/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Over Lawton
4:05:51pm

Epoch rode in a Nation Guard helicopter to the scene of the fight. The chopper came over the area and Epoch took a big breath, After watching Changeling launch his psychic attack again.

(Attempt to Teleport next to Changeling 1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

(If it fails attempt to Teleport next to Changeling again 1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

(If it fails attempt to Teleport next to Changeling again 1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

(If all attempts fail, he asks to be brought in lower.)

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Novice] 7/10
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:55 pm

4:06 PM

Takeshi sat in the passenger seat eyes closed, trying to tune out his insane compatriots absurd... yet relatable, sing song, he pondered to himself,"It has finally come, time to find more individuals like myself, more people to become my prey, a much better game..." Takeshi opened his eyes looking over at Dr.Weird... then abruptly closing his eyes again," This one though, he seems as though he will be a valuable ally."
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:01 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:06:32pm

The ice beams flies through the sky, splashing upon the helicopter. Changeling looked on in horror as the chopper began falling.

"I'M HIT! I'M HIT! Chang-." The radio went silent as the helicopter hit the ground the blades splintering and causing the helicopter to roll.

"NOOO!!" Changeling began to run towards the chopper as a massive explosion shreds the metal carcass sending shrapnel outward.

Changeling fell to his knees, pounding his fists on the ground. BAM... BAM...BAM!!

With the final impact the ground split and asphalt crumbled creating a crater.

Changeling stood up rage burning through his veins.

"YOU!" pointing at the Ice man.

Changeling leaped from the crater and burst into a sprint towards the ice man. Pulling back his right hand and forming it into a fist.

"AAAHHHHH!!!!!"

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:37 am

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:07:00pm

Changeling launches himself at Akvo. Akvo wheezes and rolls out of the way. A large crater is made where his crumpled body was seconds before.

"It's your own fault." Akvo says gasping for breath, "I told you I didn't want any of this."

Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to freeze Changelings feet to the ground. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Novice Skill Shoot Freeze Beams to freeze Changelings feet to the ground. 1-8 is a failure 9-10 is a success.

The more successful rolls make the ice harder to break, though obviously not enough to stop Changeling long

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:07:27pm

Changeling turns to the ice man and slowly walks toward him.

"You think I give a shit about what you wanted anymore? You've killed cops... innocent people... why should I give you a chance that you didn't give them?"

"Why should I show you mercy, when you have clearly given none?", clenching his fists.

Changeling looks over to the smoldering wreck of Tom's chopper.

Changeling runs over to the to ice man and grabs him by the collar, "Tell me! WHY!!?!?"

He pumps back his right arm and begins beating Akvo. (I'm tired of call him the ice man... x.x)

Changeling's arms rows back and he attempts to hit Akvo. 1-3 fail, 4-10 success.

Changeling's arms rows back and he attempts to hit Akvo. 1-3 fail, 4-10 success.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:08:00pm

WHAM
Blood flies from Akvo's mouth as Changeling punches him in the stomach. He couldn't breathe. Changeling knocked the wind out of him. Not that it mattered, Akvo knew the blood he was spitting up was from a punctured lung. He gasped hard. He couldn't breathe. What was he going to do?
WHAM
His jaw was dislocated now. He winced as air came back to him. His brain forcing himself to breathe. He breathed again. It didn't sting, it cut. He choked on his own blood.

Changeling reared his hand back again. Akvo put his hands up in defense but something took control in the back of his head. Fight or flight perhaps? He couldn't flee so maybe his powers were causing him to fight.
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles aiming for Changeling's face 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles aiming for Changeling's face 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:07:48pm

"Thanks!" Epoch shouts back to the National Guard pilot as he runs from the helicopter a dozen yards or so from the fight. Running as fast as he can, Epoch notices an icicle go sailing toward Changeling.

Shit! Epoch thinks as he blinks his eyes in an attempt to stop the frosty fiend.

(Attempt to teleport behind to Akvo 1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

(If it fails attempt to teleport behind to Akvo again 1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

(If it fails attempt to teleport behind to Akvo again 1-8 fail, 9-10 success)

IF SUCCESS

(Epoch attempts to grab Akvo's hands to stop him 1-5 fail, 6-10 success)

IF TELEPORT FAILS

Epoch continues running between attempts and if all three failed, he runs up to the battle, but is noticed.

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Novice] 7/10
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:08:17pm

The icicle hits changeling in the face with a snap, his head jerks back and he falls to the ground.
Clutching his face Changeling yells, "ARRGGHHHH!!!"

Changeling continues to roll around in pain on the ground.

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:08:47pm

Akvo wheezes again taking in air. It's warm and wet, soaked in blood.

"Why am I fighting?" Akvo ponders as pain sweeps over his body, "I should just let them kill me. I shouldn't fight. What do I have to gain from killing them as they kill me?"

Something inside him brought his arms up again, against his better judgement.

Akvo rolls to use Alpha Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to fashion a shield to protect himself from the duo. 1-5 is a failure 6-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Alpha Skill Make Shields of Ice for Protection to fashion a shield to protect himself from the duo. 1-5 is a failure 6-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles aiming for Changelings face 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles aiming for Changelings face 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles aiming for Epochs chest 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles aiming for Epochs chest 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:08:50pm

No, this can't happen, Epoch's mind races. An icicle rushes toward Changeling, and two more started heading for Epoch, Only a seconds time I have to be fast!

(Epoch attempts to dodge the first icicle, 1-5 fail, 6-10 success)

(Epoch attempts to dodge the second icicle, 1-5 fail, 6-10 success)
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:08:52pm

"Thank God!" Epoch exclaims under his breath, "My turn," He turns his heels with vigor and rushes toward the Icy Marauder, "This one's for Changeling!" Epoch shouts throwing a sharp left hook at Akvo's face.

(1-5 misses, 6-10 hits)
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:09:17pm

A rush of adrenaline takes over Akvo's body and he rises, blocking Epochs attack.

"This one isn't as strong as the other one," he thinks to himself, now unable to talk anyhow.

If both attacks are successful the next roll is directed at Changeling else the attack is directed at Epoch: Akvo rolls to use Superior Skill Shoot Sharp Icicles 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:09:17pm

It's just not my day today, Epoch thinks to himself, jumping back after Akvo blocked the punch. This ice guy just isn't giving up, those icicles look like they do some real damage! Epoch catches his breath while Akvo struggles to do something. (Note previous post of Akvo's)

Changeling! Epoch spins around and sprints to his ally, now laying painfully on the ground.

"Changeling, are you all right?"
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma
Interstate 44
4:10:00pm

The first icicle hurt enough to begin with, but the pain dulled before long. The second icicle renewed the pain, but Changeling expected it this time. It hit his face with a thud and shattered like the first. He turned over and looked to Epoch, who had just called his name.

Epoch needs me, no time for pain.

Changeling struggled a bit to stand but felt his strength returning after a brief moment.

"Care to try and hit me again? Or can you only hit someone if its a cheap shot?"

He burst towards Akvo holding out his palms.

Changeling uses Psionic Spikes and aims for Akvo's leg. 1-5 fail, 6-10 successful.
Random Number : 7

Sol
Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma

Interstate 44

4:10:05pm

Approaching their destination Dr. Weird disengages the warp drive as he finishes the last verse of the song he started. “WE’RE HERE!” shouted Dr. Weird, “WAIT, it just occurred to me, my Asian friend, THAT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO LAND THIS PLAN.”

The instrument panel began to light up; Dr. Weird looked just in time to see a helicopter in their flight path.

Roll to see which chopper they clip 1-4 the Nation Guard, 5-7 news chopper 1, 8-10 news chopper 2.

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Lawton, Oklahoma

Interstate 44

4:11:35pm

The plane missing one wing now flies to the Earth kicking up a curtain of dirt as it crashes. When it comes to a stop Dr. Weird rises out of the cockpit like a majestic phoenix rising from its ashes, surveying and seeing the man in blue jump suit, two bleeding individuals Dr. Weird looks back to him companion “HEY BRUCE LEE I THINK WE ARE HERE,” turning back to the crowd now looking in their direction. “I HOPE ITS OK IF I PARK HERE, FINDING A PLACE AT THIS TIME OF DAY WAS A BITCH.”
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next