Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP)

+7
Tang Le
Yilana
Dr. Weird
Meniere
Skylar Raige
Akvo
Noah the Arc Bearer
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP) - Page 6 Empty Re: 6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP)

Post  Nimo Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 am

Highway I-90
8:18 A.M. MT

Yes! Critical hit! Nimo thought as he pumped his arm once in enthusiasm. The batarang made a perfect arc and, just when his opponent least expected it, whacked him in the back of the head for max damage. There was no way Dao Kim the Fearsome had enough hitpoints to come back from a hit like that!

Shockingly, though, the man hardly even flinched. He simply hefted his rifle and sprayed a quick burst of fire at Nimo's feet. Wow! This guy must be a lot higher level than whatever I am! Nimo easily avoided the shots, but leaped high into the air for dramatic effect anyway. Looks like this guy really has the advantage on ranged attacks; gotta find a way to close in on him...

Just as Nimo was about to sprint at the stranger for what would no doubt be an amazing and well done improv playfight, another one of the LARPers angrily shouted out.

"Everyone needs to back the fuck off!" he yelled, and the weather instantly changed. The snow stopped where it was in the air, and Nimo watched, mouth agape, as the man rose floating into the air and his ice armor (made of real ice!) shattered into a thousand glittering fragments. With a wave of the angry man's arms, a giant wall of snow flew towards Nimo and everybody else.

Normally, Nimo was fast for his age. He had spent hours every week hiking and running in the hills near his hometown, and even after leaving had kept in shape by doing a good portion of his travelling on foot. But this time, it didn't look like his own speed would be enough to avoid the incoming avalanche.

Nimo rolls to use the Novice skill Super Speed. 1-8 is a failure while 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 3

If it fails, Nimo rolls to use the Novice skill Super Speed. 1-8 is a failure while 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 5

If it fails again Nimo rolls to use the Novice skill Super Speed. 1-8 is a failure while 9-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 9

If it fails all 3 times, Nimo takes off running but slips on the muddy ground and narrowly avoids the brunt of the snow attack.

Super Speed [Novice] - 0/10
Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP) - Page 6 Empty Re: 6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP)

Post  Nimo Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:08 am

Highway I-90
8:18 A.M. MT

Nimo started pumping his arms and legs at a furious rate, doing his best to accelerate in the short time before the impact while simultaneously trying to activate his power. Just as he thought the snowslide was going to catch him, he felt the sensation of energy that meant his feet were now flying by under him much more quickly than normally possible. He dashed out of the range of the attack and kept running for a while. He stopped a few seconds later, when he was a couple hundred feet from the scene of the action, and hunkered down to try to calm down and puzzle out where between Oklahoma and Alaska he had landed, who those people were, what he should do now, and how he was going to get his Batarang back.
Super Speed [Novice] - 1/10
Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Near the Highway

Yilana was surprised that Ike had pulled it off. The guy was getting strong. She watched as Ike came back with Skylar. Near them ran Dark Coyote and a droid carrying a man. What had gone on down there?

"Welcome back, we need to hurry to the lab." She said as Ike slowed to a stall. She walked to the droid with Azriel on top. With little time she didn't dare ask too much. "You'll come back with us too. If you're a friend of Skylar's you're a friend of ours." Turning on her heels, she bent down to Dark and whispered, "I don't know if you can, but can that sniffer of yours tell me anything about Skylar's pal?"

She left the question lingering over Dark. Yilana went to Skylar, he seemed rather unpleased with his situation. "So, you're Skylar. Well, you've got some power, and not to mention some injuries. We lost a captive a day or two ago, he matched the description of the Iceman. If you agree, I can let you ride with me, on my two seater, more comfortably, without the cuffs. But you have to promise to come see our doctor. He's got some big plans and can offer you a lot. We just ask that you come kindly and willingly. Your friend can ride freely in our cargo crate. It's a short ride back. What do you say?"
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Skylar hops off of Ike's speeder, now free of his control. He holds his cuffs to Yilana.

"They come off. And make sure he knows," As he motions to Ike, " If he ever tries to intrude me again, i will make sure to destroy everything. But i will go with You."
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Near the Highway

Yilana hesitated with Skylar's reply. He was very unhappy, and she assumed he had the right to be. Nodding, she fiddled through the cuff box on her speeder. She was afraid there might not be a key, but there was. It was a strange looking thing, something that was more of a barcode, or barcode reader for that matter. She stepped back to Skylar who held out his wrists. "All right," she started as she unlocked the cuffs, "Stick near my bike, but stretch and have some water," she pointed her thumb to her bike, it had a few bottles strapped to it, "I'm going to contact the lab and we'll head back."
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Radisson Hotel in Rapid City
Honeymoon Suite
8:37 AM MT

Tang Le finished packing the last of her things with the use of her hair. Dr. Weird couldn’t help but be impressed with her abilities. He got up from the chair and moved away from the window towards the phone.

“Oh, I think the question is what can’t I give you. Sadly though I don’t come free, I will need something in return for my services.” Said Dr. Weird as he pulled out a small device from his coat hit a few buttons then put it back in his pocket.

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Superior] – 0/30
Sight Sharing [Alpha] – 0/20
Cyber Steve – Passive
Digital Weird [Novice] – 1/10
[Unknown] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Honeymoon Suite

"What kinds of terms were you thinking? I can offer my skills and buisiness connections. My conditions are that Daniel stays my man and I am aided with finding my mother when the time is right. I would request place and, equipment, to practice my skills with." She glanced at Daniel, noticing that he seemed placated knowing that he was to remain under her direction. She then decided to flex her hair arms a bit more. She picked up the pieces of the broken table and reset them.

----------------
Hair Growth: Passive
Hair Arms: 4/20
Hair Hammer: 6/10
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Honeymoon Suite

“Oh you can keep him; I know the value of good help. But in terms of what I am asking is if you are willing to work for me. If you do all I ask for then is loyalty; if you can give me that my resources and my state of the art facilities will be at your disposal.” Dr. Weird paused a brief moment as he took a drag from his cigar.

“It would seem that that certain events are on the rise and the governments and the NSS are preparing for something big. The government wants us dead and the NSS would have us rot jail. I am not much of a fighter, so I have been looking for unique individuals such as yourself and offering asylum in exchange for working for me.” He stopped again to look over at Daniel who seemed to be in between a state of panic and relief that he would be allowed to life.

“There you have it Miss Rapunzel, that is my offer. The decision now is yours.”

Skills
Cyber Steve – Passive
[Unknown] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Honeymoon Suite
8:38 AM MT

Le stopped herself from frowning at the nickname about her hair. "Loyalty I do not mind giving. It is yours," Le bowed as she finished, her hair arms mimicking her real ones as she used them in her bow. She righted herself and glanced at Daniel again. A grin broke out as he also bowed to the good doctor. "As you can see, my man will not work against you either. That is all settled then. What do we do now, Doctor?"

----------------
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 am

Honeymoon Suite

An evil grin flashed across Dr. Weirds face. He spun around to face Tang Le.

“PERFECT,” Dr. Weird couldn’t be happier, he picked up the phone on the table and dialed in Steve’s number.

“Come on Steve pick up the phone now, pick it up pick it up.” After a few seconds a monotone voiced came in on the other end.

“Dr. Weirds lab, oh it’s you sir what do you need.”

“Steve hold the line open.” Dr. Weird placed the phone on the table and walked over to Tang
Le and Daniel. “Make sure you have everything now, I will also ask you to close your eyes. This process is still experimental and I am afraid I don’t have any extra eye protection.”

When he was sure they did what he ask he turned around to face the phone. “Now hold on to me we can’t have to getting lost on the trip.”

Dr. Weird began to access the files and components of his new brain that would allow for him to be digitized.

(Dr. Weird attempts to use Digital Form, 1-8 Fail, 9-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 5

Random number (1,10) : 3

Random number (1,10) : 9

Skills
Cyber Steve – Passive
[Unknown] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 am

Honeymoon Suite

Dr. Weird was digitalized along with Tang Le and Daniel. Immediately with everyone in hand he dove into the phone. Traveling at the speed of telecommunications, they arrived back in Dr. Weirds lab landing in the conference room. After which he canceled his Digital Form and moved over to the chair at the end of the table.

“Are we all here in one piece? Good, to be honest I wasn’t sure that was going to work. I have only done it twice before. I am pleased to see it worked.” He dropped into the chair, “Have a seat I will Steve bring you some refreshments, STEVE.”

“Yes sir.”

“Bring our new guest something to drink then show then to their rooms. And I am giving them Green Level Access as well.”

“Right away sir.” Two orbs descended from the ceiling and stopped just above Tang Le and Daniel. Horizontal slots opened in them and began emitting a read beam which scanned and registered their ID’s. When the scans were down they went back up to the ceiling. “Registration complete.”

“If you need any assistance with settling in feel free to ask Steve, he is the Labs computer AI and is in charge of regulating everything here.” He leaned back in the chair as a service droid came into the room carrying a tray with drinks on. “He can show you to your rooms, but first I think it’s time you meet the rest of the family.

Skills
Cyber Steve – Passive
Digital Weird [Novice] – 2/10
[Unknown] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 am

Dr. Weird's Lab in the Badlands
8:39am MT

Le watched with mild curiosity as Daniel stared in amazement at everything around them. The doctor's trip was definitely nothing to yawn at, but she did not wish to appear as whimpy at a lackey. She crossed her arms behind her head, her hair arms again mimicking them. Coincidentally, she was now holding her suit cases aloft. She subconsiously started pumping iron with them as she took note of everything going on in the lab. "The rest of the family? How many members are we talking exactly?" Daniel turned his bewilderment to her to find solace. She turned away from him, but not before smoothly pumping up with her hair arm to close his gapping jaw, then pumping back down to avoid wacking him with the suit case as she turned away. She raised an elyebrow at the doctor. "I did not realize that this was going to become a family thing."

----------------
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Dr. Weird’s Lab in the Badlands
8:39 A.M. MT

“Oh, by family I mean others l have found who have agreed to help me. I sent them out to pick someone up but I wonder if they are back yet. STEVE, have they returned?”

“Not yet sir, but they should be arriving shortly.”

“Alert me when everyone returns. We need to discuss our future.”

“You will know the moment they come through the hanger doors sir.”

“Good,” he paused to direct his gaze towards Tang Le. “Steve will show you to your rooms. I will be heading off the Observation Room if you need for anything.” Dr. Weird got up and crossed the room to the door. “One more thing if you come across a door that does not open, leave it. If you force it open you could quite possible die.”

Dr. Weird had left the room leaving Tang Le and Daniel along.

“Greetings Miss Le and Mr. Daniel, at Dr. Weirds request I will show you where you will be staying.” Steve rang from the ceiling.

Skills
Cyber Steve – Passive
Digital Weird [Novice] – 2/10
[Unknown] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:44 pm

8:21 AM
I-90/Badlands

On his speeder, Ike called over to Skylar, "Hey, I wasn't the one who intruded. You're the one who suddenly decided to do what I say." He looked over Skylar's condition especially his arm. "Listen, I know a bit of medical. I should be able to help that arm or at least stop the bleeding. That is if you're willing to allow me."

command single biotic object (Superior 1/30)
command group by name (Novice 3/10)
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Skylar scowls at Ike then the earth around him starts to crack.

"You invaded my mind. You had me put on handcuffs that suppressed my power. I do not cater to others whim. You touch me or even come near me, i will make sure it is you who needs medical attention. I would rather bleed to death rather than have you help me."

Skylar takes his shirt off and rips off shreds of it and ties them tight around the open wounds.
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Tang Le Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Dr. Weird's Lab in the Badlands
8:40am MT

Le nodded at the retreating back of the doctor. Steve's voice barely registered in her thoughts as she thought about what the docotor said, "If you come to a door that won't open, leave it." What a very interesting idea. She wondered what kind of challenge that could present for her. Best see what kind of training facilities he had though, before rushing headfirst into death. She shrugged and noticed that Daniel was leaving the room through a different door than the doctor had used. She slowly followed and noticed that her hair had started to grow again. It must be excited. Very interesting. "Stop that you," she muttered. Daniel looked back at her confused and Steve spoke up.

"Can I help you, Miss Le?"

"No."

"All right. This way to your room then."

Daniel still glanced nerviously at her and she went back to getting lost in her thoughts.

----------------
Tang Le
Tang Le

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:18 am

8:24 AM MT
Western South Dakota

Dark had to hold back a chuckle at the two others bickering about he really didn't care what. Supposed to be on the same team but everyone was at eachother's throats than working together.

But he knew he had to answer Yilana's question so he took a long sniff of everything. He let the smells linger for a second then whispered back to her "Not much you wouldn't know. He is like us; not human. Seems more or less intact, can't smell an infection or sickness of anykind. Considering the cold weather he probably has something, but it hasn't manifested yet. He also has a lot of gunpowder all over him."

In a full voice for everyone to hear "If you two are quite done... "He jumped onto of the nose of one of the speeders and finished "I want to get out of here. Don't much care as to where, but if we met 1 agent. I am willing to bet there will be more."
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 pm

8:26 AM
I-90/Badlands

Yilana straddled her speeder and turned on the rather silent engine. "Hop on Skylar. We should be back in about fifteen minutes. Communicator is clocking us arriving at 8:45 AM. Just in time for a good breakfast."

Dark hopped on his ride, and Azriel rode in the crate, lid wide open. The small crew started their trip back and kept it a little slower this time, allowing for speaking above the speed. Yilana shouted to Skylar who was seated behind her, "I know that Ike can be off putting with his power and his forwardness, but he really can heal you. I am feeling obligated to tell you that the man we are working for is rather.... eccentric. He is a doctor, of some kind, and can heal your wounds. However, Ike's methods are probably more natural and ethical, but it is your call. By the way, what's the deal with your friend? Dark couldn't seem to identify him, other than that he was special in some way."
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:49 pm

"That man you call Ike, he wont touch me. Ever. I would rather my body heal completely on its own than accept help from your group."

Skylar looks off into the distance as they ride off. He knows he doesnt want to go with them but it was his only choice after Ike had him put on the power cancelling cuffs.

"I dont know anymore about him than you do. You probably know more than me actually. He was surrounded by military robots when i saw him. Wrecked my car into the bots. Then the big boy showed up and i broke him too. After all the fighting, he got a vehicle and wanted us to leave together. When ice guy showed up, his escape became his prison."

Skylar grits his teeth as he thinks about Aquilo. He knew he had unfinished business with him and that they would meet again to settle the score. Skylar would make sure of that.
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Azriel Darksky Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning
8:27 AM MT

These new people have some nice gear maybe I should see if they will let me join when we stop. They seem to be ok people to me. I hope that Skylar guy from earlier is ok, he was pretty banged up and it looks like he's just a kid too. I wonder who those two were, that popcicle is dangerous I will have to remember to avoid him for a while. I guess this is as good a time as any to ask where these people are taking me I would rather like to avoid any more robots that might be prowling around.

Azriel shouts out to no one in particular "Hey, people I don't know, I appreciate the lift but where exactly are we headed to right now."
________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Wall Crawling [Passive]
Atmospheric Adaptation [Passive]
Specialized Weapon Manipulation [Alpha] – 8/20
Arial Jump [Novice] – 3/10

________________________________________________________________________________

AR 5

12 rounds left.
Azriel Darksky
Azriel Darksky

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:52 am

Western South Dakota
8:28 AM MT

Dark responds to Azriel's question with "We'll be there soon enough. If you need specific's it's in the badlands."

Dark starts humming his little tune and looking at the braclets the doctor wanted him to have. He knew that they had communicators and thats what he wanted. The smell of gunpowder hadn't faded since they got on the speeder. That confused him greatly. The man wasn't holding any firearms but the smell was still there.

He taps his left wrist brace, switching it to a private channel with Yilana and he whispers so only she will here "The guy still smell like gunpowder, but I notice he doesn't have any guns on him. I'd bet my next meal that means something important"

Saying 'meal' gave him a painful reminder of how long it has been since he has eaten. Once they got to the facility he would ask the doctor to let him go hunt. Until then he would have to suffer.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:15 pm

NSS Station 7
I-90
Box Elder St/Old U.S. 14 E
Saturday Morning
8:16 AM MT

Aquilo's newly evolved state and massive use of powers left him drained.

Having realized this Dark Coyote took the opportunity to tackle Aquilo. The intense show of power and blow knocked Akvo out.

NSS Station 7
I-90
Box Elder St/Old U.S. 14 E
Saturday Morning
8:30 AM MT

Nimo kicked Akvo's shoulder. When Akvo didn't wake, Nimo pulled out an airhorn and blared it next to Akvo.

Akvo wrenched his face from his snow bed, he was extremely disoriented.

Akvo saw that the only person in the area was Nimo.

Shoot Freeze Beams [Master] - -/-
Make Shields of Ice for Protection [Superior] - 5/30
Create Armor Out of Ice [Alpha] - 6/20
Snow Manipulation [Alpha] - 0/20
Ice Bending [Novice] - 1/10

Last edited by Akvo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Azriel Darksky Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:55 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning
8:29 AM MT

The trip to the so called Badlands sounded nice enough. Azriel had not actually been there as a tourist. While he sat in the strange cargo container with his backpack and assault rifle he thought back on his encounter earlier............

The day started out early around what he thought to be 6:00 AM. He began to walk along the interstate headed to no where in particular when some jeeps pulled up. out of the jeeps came some soldiers and robots. Azriel soon found his gun to be ineffective against their armor. Out of nowhere a giant robot appeared and began to move closer to him as well as another jeep of soldiers and robots. Someone in a car, he wasn't sure who, tore through the line of robots moving towards him. After the soldiers were taken care of he heard about a boy named Skylar on one of the jeeps radios. Azriel assumed that the boy in the car that was now making quick work of the giant bot was that boy. He watched in amazement as the bot was torn to pieces. In Azriel's mind this kid demanded respect from anyone. He was totally in control of his powers.

Soon after the giant bot was destroyed it began to snow. Skylar suggested taking cover as he began his climb into the head of the robot. Azriel jumped into one of the jeeps and moved it closer to the giant robot. Soon after the cause of the storm made itself known. A strange man covered in ice began to attack Skylar. The strange Popsicle man froze Azriel into the jeep and the battle began.

After a while the ice was broken off the jeep and Azriel had gained some new equipment. He was grabbed and put into what appeared to be a shipping container with the lid left open. They were off to he didn't know where but it was away from there and the strange kid with the plastic batman boomerang. When he asked he was told they were going to the Badlands. Personally he didn't care, he was more focused on the image of the woman from the picture he found in the jeep. His mind wandered to some very erotic thoughts as they sped towards the Badlands.

Skills
Wall Crawling [Passive]
Atmospheric Adaptation [Passive]
Specialized Weapon Manipulation [Alpha] – 8/20
Arial Jump [Novice] – 3/10

Assault Rifle 5

12 rounds left.
Azriel Darksky
Azriel Darksky

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah the Arc Bearer Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Badlands, South Dakota
Doctor Weird's Lab
8:45 AM MT

Yilana and the gang arrived at the lab. They entered the open garage-like hangar. She dismounted an offered a hand to Skylar who grumpily accepted. Ike, followed by Dark and the shipping container, escorted by the droid, pulled in next. Everyone dismounted as well.

Yilana surveyed the group. "Steve," she spoke to the air, "close the hangar door, turn on the lights, and notify the doctor. We're home.
Noah the Arc Bearer
Noah the Arc Bearer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimo Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Highway I-90
8:30 A.M. MT

Nimo released his finger from the top of the air horn, and the blaring sound immediately ceased. He didn't want to use such extreme measures if he didn't have to, but man that ice guy was out. He seemed to be coming to, however, so Nimo stowed the air horn in an obscure pocket of his sizable gray bag and waited patiently for the disoriented fellow to come to.

-----

After the other larpers (who weren't really larpers at all!) sped off, Nimo had waited a few minutes on his hill before loping a quarter mile back over to the scene of the carnage. His first priority had been of course retrieving his Batarang from where he had scored a hit on the weird Vietnamese man, which was simple enough. Finding it, Nimo wiped off the snow from his weapon and placed it in its rightful pocket inside of his hoodie.

Standing there, Nimo was acutely aware of the fact that the situation had been much more real than he originally gave it credit for. Those had been real bullets fired at his feet from what was presumably a real criminal. Nimo walked over to the prostrate figure on the ground. How many of those other people were criminals or mutants? All of them? What about this guy on the ground here? Wasn't there a big stir on the news over the NSS or whatever sanctioning him?

Priority number two was waking the guy next to him on the ground up, which he had obviously just pulled off after some effort. Seeing the stranger lying there on the frosted ground, Nimo felt no fear of him, regardless of his earlier onslaught of slush. He looked worn out, and all of those people had seemed to be his enemies. It must be hard, fighting like that when no one is on your side Nimo thought as the other man looked over at him from the ground. Hey, us hombres have to stick together right? Nimo extended a hand to the disoriented hero.
Super Speed [Novice] - 4/10

Last edited by Nimo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next