Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP)

+7
Tang Le
Yilana
Dr. Weird
Meniere
Skylar Raige
Akvo
Noah the Arc Bearer
11 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP) - Page 3 Empty Re: 6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP)

Post  Skylar Raige Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:33 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Box Elder St/Old U.S. 14 E
Saturday Morning
8:00 AM MT

Skylar grits his teeth and attempts to dodge the three beams aimed for his chest

Skylar attempts to dodge beam 1 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 5
Skylar attempts to dodge beam 2 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 2
Skylar attempts to dodge beam 3 (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 6

-----------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (12/30)
Seismic Clap (Superior) – (23/30)
Earthquake (Alpha) – (9/20)
Aerial Propulsion (Novice) – (2/10)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP) - Page 3 Empty Re: 6) Arc 2: State of Emergency; Day 2: The Seismic Equation (PVP)

Post  Skylar Raige Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:38 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

Skylar almost manages to dodge the first of the beams but it catches the side of his chest. This slowed him down enough to get hit square on with the second causing his front to freeze over and gain a decent sized plate of ice on it. Due to the weight of the ice, he drops to his hands and knees, coincidentally making him dodge the third of the beams.

“Youre going to pay”

Skylars rage raises up and he bellows out. in an attempt to break the ice from his chest.

Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging Roar (1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)
Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging Roar again (1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 4
Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging Roar for a final time(1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)

------------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (12/30)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

Skylars roar causes the ice on his chest to break and crumble to dust. Skylar takes this time to dive behind the jeep that Azriel is in.

“This guy shoots ice? Aside from it being weak to shattering….”
------------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (13/30)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Dr. Weird’s Lab in the Badlands
7:54 A.M. MT

“DAM IT, I CAN’T SEE ANYTHING!” Shouts an angered Dr. Weird, “I’m getting nothing but static on the screens.”

“It’s not static sir, its snow. It would seem that the closer to the one causing this, the heavier it is. If you give me a moment I should be able to adjust the camera to compensate for the obstruction.”

Dr. Weird gets up from his chair grabbing the bottle of Embalming Fluid, “Make it quick, if can’t see anything how can I get any decent data on them?”

Dr. Weird stopped in front of the table with all the implants. There were a number of implants laid out on the table, each ready to be inserted into the next contestant in Dr. Weird’s chop shop. Some of them were even connected with exposed wires for proficiency testing before installation.

“It seems the sudden shift in weather is interfering with the camera relays.”

“SHIT,” he swung the bottle down onto the table smashing it into pieces. Which caused a small explosion when the fluid hit the exposed wires, implants went flying everywhere. Several of them went flying at Dr. Weird’s head shattering his skull and implanting themselves deep within his brain. A few still had the wires attached to them and with the Embalming Fluid on some of the chips a change started to take place within Dr. Weird.

“AHHHHHHHHHH” Dr. Weird shouts in pain as he falls to the floor writhing in pain trying to clutch his head as he bleeds out onto the floor.

Steve watch as everything happened, “Dr. Weird I will have a medic droid down here right away!”

Dr. Weird could not hear what Steve had said. The implants that found their way into his brain were resonating canceling out anything from outside, even his own screams. Three implants with the cables still attached were also among the new residents in his brain sending electrical surges throughout his cerebral. This prevented him from covering his head and pulling out the cords.

“ARGGHHH!!!” Another scream of pain escaped from Dr. Weird before the medical droid arrived and Steve cut the power to the terminal. In all his life he had never experienced pain like this before; when he attained his Panoramic Vision he only experienced intense migraines, intense dizziness and nausea.

The M.S.011 managed to get Dr. Weird up on the table he was working on earlier.

“Restrain his arms and legs, the Doctor can’t be moving about as we attempt to fix him.” Ordered Steve to the M.S.011, when Dr. Weird was secured Steve and the M.S.011 started to clean the bleeding gashes in his skull and started him on a Morphine IV drip. After which Steve started to examine the severity of what has happened. Somehow the implants seemed to be lodged in to the point where they could not be removed but luckily the damage to his brain didn't appear to be life threatening. It also appeared that his brain took in the chips without too much damage. So his intelligence and personality would remain unchanged.

“I am sorry to inform you that it seems like removing the implants is quite impossible.”

After some time Dr. Weird managed to regain his senses, “THEN JUST MONITOR MY VITALS!”

The cords to the implants were cut and removed from the brain. After it was done Steve notices something strange starts to happen. It could have been the Embalming Fluid that rode some of the implants, the electrical charges that shot through him or it could even be the experimental implants he had yet to use even a combination of the three. But Dr. Weird’s brain seemed to be changing to accept the implants in his brain.

“I don’t know how to say this sir but your brain seems to be adapting to the implant in your brain.”

“Ehe, ehehe, HAHA, MAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“Are you feeling OK Doctor?”

“I’m feeling great.” He said giving a half crooked smile.

Steve then noticed that the IV drip was putting out to much Morphine than needed.

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Alpha] – 0/20
Sight Sharing [Novice] – 4/10
[Unknown]
[Unknown] - 0/10
[Unknown] - 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Azriel Darksky Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:36 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning
8:01 AM MT

Azriel peeks over the side of the door out the window and watches as Skylar shatters some ice away from his body. He thinks to himself, 'This supers powers are ice based. Not sure how useful my guns will be if i have to fight. I better stay hidden until I can get a clean shot on him.'

Azriel says to himself again after thinking about the abilities he has, 'Man what I wouldn't give to have Natasha's Fire bolt ability right now or better yet have her here with me.'

A tear seeps out of his eye upon the memory of his now dead sister.

'I wish you were here right now in person not just spirit. This gun of yours would have some use to it then. At least I will never forget you because of it. Thank you for saving me that day, sis. I miss you.'

More tears fall as he watches the battle outside waiting for his chance to get a shot off on this new super that has begun a fight with Skylar.

'Hope this Popsicle doesn't notice me watching him from here or this may get ugly with my eyes all teared up and what not. Guess Ill just have to wait and see.'
________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Wall Crawling [Passive]
Atmospheric Adaptation [Passive]
Specialized Weapon Manipulation [Alpha] – 8/20
Arial Jump [Novice] – 3/10

________________________________________________________________________________

Azriel's hands

AR number 5 with clip number 2 containing 15 rounds.

Azriel's Backpack

4 Assault Rifles with one clip each. 4 of the ARs and the empty clip are put in his backpack while one is loaded with the half clip of ammo.

Total bullet count per clip is 30.

Clip 1 is empty

Clip 2 has 15 rounds. In AR number5

Clip 3 has 30 rounds.

Clip 4 has 30 rounds.

Clip 5 has 30 rounds.

A broken revolver that belonged to his sister.
Azriel Darksky
Azriel Darksky

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:15 pm

NSS Station 7
I-90
Saturday Morning
8:01 AM MT

Aquilo watched as the beams connected with his target. He shattered the ice from one of the blasts but was still sporting icicle shoulder pads. The weight would get to him eventually.

Aquilo watched as Skylar dove behind the vehicle.

Run run, as fast as you can… I'm still going to ice your ass….

"Hiding behind your buddy? What's his power? Shielding yellow bellies?" Aquilo said with a laugh.

Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the front end of the vehicle 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 9
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the front end of the vehicle 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 10
Random number (1,10) : 1
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the back end of the vehicle 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 8
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the back end of the vehicle 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the side of the vehicle 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Freeze Beams at the side of the vehicle 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Shoot Freeze Beams [Master] - -/-
Create Armor Out of Ice [Alpha] - 4/20
Snow Manipulation [Novice] - 9/10
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:20 pm

NSS Station 7
I-90
Saturday Morning
8:02 AM MT

Aquilo launched an assault at the vehicle. Two beams hit the front end of the car. He hit the side with another three, the momentum causing it to turn. He covered the back end with another shot.

The vehicle became completely encased in ice. It would make an excellent shield for Skylar but now Aquilo would not have to deal with the unknown variable now.

Aquilo decided to bulk up his armor, a stationary assault would work fine for this engagement.

Aquilo rolls to use Alpha skill Create Armor Out of Ice 1-5 is a failure 6-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Alpha skill Create Armor Out of Ice 1-5 is a failure 6-10 is a success.
Create Armor Out of Ice [Alpha] - 4/20
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

Skylar watches through the window as Aquilo freezes the car damn near completely. His hands vibrate with a wonderful intensity as his blood starts to boil as he realizes he is fighting a super, with his own super powers. He has never felt it before, but now he is realizing that he is a super. With powers meant for destruction.

”Just because I am built for destruction doesn’t make me a bad person, but you attacking me first, makes you one!” Skylar makes sure not to talk out loud because he feels it wastes time so he just thinks to himself as he comes up with a plan. The ice on his shoulders aren’t that heavy but he knows over time the little extra weight will just slow him down.

Skylar readies himself for his attack just as the car finishes freezing over. Skylar shakes his hands twice before popping up from the back of the car and firing off three blasts of seismic waves at Aquilo’s chest.

Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Seismic Clap on Aquilo’s Chest(1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)
Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Seismic Clap on Aquilo’s Chest(1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)

After firing the shots off, before watching them even hit the opponent, Skylar dicks back down and inhales deeply and keeps his head close to the car. He lets out a loud roar from his lungs in an attempt to break the ice from his shoulders and some from the car so Azriel can flee if he choses.

Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging Roar (1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)
Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging Roar again (1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)
Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging Roar for a final time(1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)

------------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (13/30)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:46 pm

NSS Station 7
I-90
Saturday Morning

Akvo lumbered forward and took the clap head on. Parts of his armor shattered but he sloughed off the attack.

He watched as Skylar roared at the vehicle lodged in the ice ball. Skylar also managed to free himself of his own mild ice encasement

Akvo aimed straight for Skylar this time, not bothering to waste his time with the vehicle.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the left arm of Skylar 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the left arm of Skylar 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the right arm of Skylar 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the right arm of Skylar 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 3

"I'll give you another chance to give yourself up." he shouted to Skylar.

Create Armor Out of Ice [Alpha] - 5/20
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning
8:03 AM MT

The ice from his shoulders shatter to dust along with some chunks of ice on the car yet it is still coated mostly in ice. He looks up to see the ice coming for him and trys to dodge.

Skylar attempts to dodge Sharp ice at left arm (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Skylar attempts to dodge Sharp ice at right arm (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)

--------------------------------
Raging Roar (Superior) – (16/30)
Seismic Clap (Superior) – (24/30)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning
8:04 AM MT

Skylar gets hit with one icicle on his left arm which causes him to turn slightly to make the one miss his right arm. He looks up to Aquilo and launches his counter attack with the same type of attacks.

Random number (1,10) : 7

Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Seismic Clap on Aquilo’s Head(1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)
Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Seismic Clap on Aquilo’s Head(1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)

--------------------------------
Seismic Clap (Superior) – (24/30)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:12 pm

NSS Station 7
I-90
Saturday Morning

Aquilo smirked as one of the icicles sunk into the bicep of Skylars left arm.

He called out to Skylar, standing on his tip toes and putting his hand to his mouth, he did his best to sound concerned, "That looks to be about bone deep I'd say!"

"I just can't have you clapping all my armor off. And I would really rather keep you restrained. Perhaps I should further degrade your offense?" Aquilo said hardly louder than he would to someone across the room. With the wind gone there was only the sound of Skylar wheezing.

He stepped forward to get a better vantage point.

Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the left forearm of Skylar 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the left forearm of Skylar 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the right bicep of Skylar 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Sharp Icicles on the right bicep of Skylar 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:37 am

Dr. Weird’s Lab in the Badlands
8:17 A.M. MT

About 15 minutes have gone by since the incident happened. Steve managed to get Dr. Weird stabilized and cleaned up. After the cables were disconnected Steve had Dr. Weird taken to the medical lab for further treatment and analysis of his brain. As it turns out the experimental implants which were made with very sensitive nano-machines, melded with Dr. Weird’s brain upon impact. Turning his mind into that of a computer increasing his intelligence to that of a super genius; as well as giving him some rather impressive new abilities.

Dr. Weird was examining his head in a mirror, it cleaned and bound up to prevent infection. After a few of his own prescriptions the gashes had begun to heal at an accelerated rate and would be completely heal up in a few hours, even his hair would be back by then to.

“How are you feeling now sir?”

“Steve, I feel ama-a-azing. There is a slight tinge of pain, but that comes in sho-ort burst’s and the period between them is increasing.” He turned around and walked out into the hall heading towards the hanger. “It’s incre-edible Steve, right now I can feel every synapse in my mind wo-o-orking faster than ever. I can even fell my mind connected directly to yo-ou Steve.”

“That’s incredible sir, but are you sure that there are no side effects from this?”

“I am po-ositive Steve, there is nothing wro-ong with me.”

Dr. Weird had reached the hanger and was heading to the door that leads down to the assembling line to check on the Quadraphonic drone in production. On the way the a speeder bike managed to come loose and fell. It was still hooked up to the fuel lines and began to swing towards Dr. Weird. He saw it coming straight at him from behind and before he could jump out of the way him body transformed instantaneously into a digital format; when the speeder came to hitting him, it past right through him like he wasn’t there.

Dr Weird just stood there, well it was more like he was floating there as he held out his hands and examined his corporal body.

“Dr. Weird are you OK?”

“I’m ju-ust fine Steve, I feel felt anything li-ike this. It’s amazing.” At that moment Dr. Weird then felt himself being pulled by something into the network of his lab. In seconds he exited the system right in the middle of his production floor and his body turned back to a solid form.

“Sir, what just happened?”

Dr. Weird just smiled, “Isn’t it obvious Ste-eve, my body was turned into a digital state which allo-owed me to evade the speeder bike as it fell. And in my new digi-ital format I traveled through the network, you Steve, and came out here. I WAS INSI-IDE YOU STEVE, HAHAHAHA!”
Steve just paused there in silence as he took in what Dr. Weird had just said.

“And Steve.”

“Yes Dr. Werid.”

“FIX THE DAM RACKS IN THE HANGER; I CAN’T HAVE THINGS FALLING ON EVERYONE AS THEY COME AND GO.”

“I will have the mess cleaned up right away sir.”

Skills
Panoramic Vision [Passive]
Scrying [Superior] – 0/30
Sight Sharing [Alpha] – 0/20
Cyber Steve – [Passive]
Digital Weird [Novice] – 0/10
[Unknown] – 0/10

Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Azriel Darksky Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:24 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

Azriel ducks as ices hoots his way. When he looks up his hiding place is completely encased in what he assumes is at least 2 or more inches of ice. He knows that he will have to work hard to get out of this situation. He decides to look around the vehicle for a knife to chisel the ice away with.

Azriel rolls to find a combat knife in the jeep. 1-5 he fails, 6-10 he finds a knife in the jeep.

Skills
Wall Crawling [Passive]

Azriel's hands

AR number 5 with clip number 2 containing 15 rounds.

Azriel's Backpack

4 Assault Rifles with one clip each. 4 of the ARs and the empty clip are put in his backpack while one is loaded with the half clip of ammo.

Clip 1 is empty

Clip 3 has 30 rounds.

Clip 4 has 30 rounds.

Clip 5 has 30 rounds.

Azriel Darksky
Azriel Darksky

Back to top Go down

Post  Azriel Darksky Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:26 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

Azriel finds a knife in the glove box and decides to start chipping away at the ice on the opposite side of where the ice hero is standing.

After chipping away at the ice for a few seconds he stops and decides to look for a few other provisions to supplement his growing arsenal.

Azriel rolls to find a medkit in the jeep. 1-5 he fails, 6-10 he finds a medkit in the jeep.

Skills
Wall Crawling [Passive]

Azriel's hands

AR number 5 with clip number 2 containing 15 rounds is now at his side while he searches for the medkit.

Azriel's Backpack

Combat knife.

Clip 1 is empty

Clip 3 has 30 rounds.

Clip 4 has 30 rounds.

Clip 5 has 30 rounds.

Azriel Darksky
Azriel Darksky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 am

8:02 AM
I-90/Badlands

The wind and snow combined was more than annoyance for Ike, squinting down at the targets' location. BOOM! A gust of wind blew away the snow from view. More thuds and thunderous sounds erupted from the targets, blasting away snow for moments sight of the fight begun.

Damn, things are getting interesting but complicated. So much for ordering a carry out. Ike chuckled to himself.

Ike looked over to his team, then back towards the ongoing battle. Well, if I'm gonna just stand here better practice.

OOOOOOOH KYLE.......................time to play.

Kyle will shake violently in his containment.

Ike attempts to use command single biotic object (1-4 fails, 5-10 success)
If it fails, Ike attempts to use command single biotic object again (1-4 fails, 5-10 success)
If it fails, Ike attempts to use command single biotic object again (1-4 fails, 5-10 success)

command single biotic object (Superior 0/30)
command group by name (Novice 3/10)
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:32 am

I-90 Western South Dakota

Dark continues relying on his ears trying to piece together what was going on. The wind and cold made finding out anything very difficult.

Dark's ear picked up a hint of a third voice so he said "Make it three. At least three others in there." He looked up to the other two still unsure what would happen in this.

Dark stood up on his hind legs and walked up to stand beside Ike and said "Be ready to fight. I don't think this will go very peacefully if they are already trying to turn eachother to small bits."
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:53 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

Skylar attempts to dodge the shots at him.

Skylar rolls to dodge the first at his left arm. (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Skylar rolls to dodge the second at his left arm. (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)
Skylar rolls to dodge the first at his right arm. (1-5 Fail, 6-10 Success)

-------------------------
Seismic Clap (Superior) – (26/30)

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:58 pm

South Dakota
Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

All of the Spikes hit their mark. Skylar ducks behind the car and grits his teeth. His body fully concealed behind it so Aquilo cannot attack him with more spikes. He reaches over to his left arm with his right and removes the three spikes from it, gritting his teeth as he slowly pulls them from his arm. He barly is able to grip his left hand tight. He slowly pulls the spike from his right bicep but stays hidden. He knows if he has any chance of winning now, he has to bring it to a close range fight.

“You’ve got some spikey shots there.”

---------------------

Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimo Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:26 am

Somewhere over southwestern South Dakota
8:05 A.M. MT

Nimo's nose really itched, and there was nothing he could do about it. This was the worst part of the whole affair, he decided, when he finally came to.

Nimo had known that even with his prodigious speed, it would be impossible to run from so many trained military personnel and their vehicles, so when prodded by the gray-haired officer for a reaction to the arrest he had offered no resistance.

"I feel bad for you son, I really do, but orders are orders. Listen, we won't be too hard on you since you came quiet and all. On top of that you even saved one of my men's life. Unfortunately, all our mutant detainment pods were built right into those scrap heaps you see over there, so we're gonna have to cuff and sedate you for the duration of this trip. Orders are orders," he said again, glancing quickly over at Gerald. The craggy-faced man exhaled quietly, then grabbed a nearby sergeant by the arm and said "Hey, run over and tell Doc to only prepare half a dose. Should be plenty to knock him out; kid looks too scrawny for more than that anyway."

This was most likely the only reason Nimo was awake right now. That, coupled with the copious amounts of caffeinated coffee he had consumed that morning, had led him to regain consciousness barely half an hour after he had been carted onto the military jet. In that short time, he had overheard the chatty copilot talk to his rather stoic flight partner in a steady stream. He'd never been to Fort Yukon, what's it like and oh if you can't travel at mach 2 then what's the point of going anywhere right? Haha this is great because they'd be refueling in Montana and he hadn't been through there for nearly a decade and he'd only been last time because he had cousins there and he couldn't believe how incredible hiking through there was even at this time of year. Nimo felt genuinely sorry for the pilot of the aircraft if he had to put up with this constant chatter for the duration of the trip. Mach 2 would probably hardly be fast enough to complete the trip before the older man decided to throttle his copilot in irritation.

Nimo didn't plan to stick around though. His hands had been securely cuffed in high-grade handcuffs designed to detain men much stronger than him, and besides escaping from anything moving at twice the speed of sound was impossible anyway. Unless, of course, someone happened to have a certain home field advantage where high speeds were involved.

Nimo squinted in the dim light afforded him by the red lights in the back of the small jet as he thought of a way out of his predicament. Neither of the duo in the front of the vehicle had noticed him stir or come awake yet. Nimo surreptitiously brought his cuffed hands in front of his face. He could barely make out the mechanism on the inside of the handcuffs' keyholes where the small metallic parts would be turned by a key and release the catch. Focusing on those tiny mechanisms, he balanced his hands a foot away from his head. Let's see if they make these things speed-proof on the inside.

Nimo attempts to use Direction Manipulation on the hand cuffs' latches; 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use Direction Manipulation on the handcuffs' latches; 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use Direction Manipulation on the handcuffs' latches; 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

Roll to see if the officers notice Nimo is awake; 1-5 they notice nothing 6-10 they notice Nimo is awake.

Super Speed [Novice] - 0/10
Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimo Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:26 am

Somewhere over southwestern South Dakota
8:05 A.M. MT

With a snick, the latches shot backwards and snapped off, seeing as they had just been forced in the opposite direction at 1500 miles per hour. Careful to avoid clinking them together, Nimo carefully removed the loose cuffs and set them on the floor as the copilot continued to ramble. Neither of them seemed to have taken notice.

Edging over to the side of the aircraft, Nimo tried to catch a glimpse of the ground through the window of the side exit hatch. He couldn't make out anything from the angle he had; it looked like the only place on the jet that had a view of the ground was the cockpit. Well there's no ocean between here and Alaska right? So I should be okay wherever I land...

Nimo spotted a red lever in the cockpit that looked important. If he had to take a guess, it was some sort of emergency deceleration-type deal. I don't have many options... What's the worst that could happen? Since the pilots were still unaware of his recovery, Nimo had plenty of time to concentrate on using his powers.

Nimo attempts to use Direction Manipulation on the big red lever; 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use Direction Manipulation on the big red lever; 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.

If it fails, Nimo attempts to use Direction Manipulation on the big red lever; 1-5 fails, 6-10 is a success.
Random number (1,10) : 7

If all three attempts fail, rol to see if the officers notice Nimo is awake 1-5 they notice nothing 6-10 they notice he is awake.

Super Speed [Novice] - 0/10
Nimo
Nimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:44 am

NSS Station 7
I-90
Saturday Morning
8:06 AM MT

He's regrouping…

Aquilo rolls to use Superior skill Make Shields of ice for Protection 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Superior skill Make Shields of ice for Protection 1-4 is a failure 5-10 is a success.
(regardless of how many successes Aquilo only keeps one.)

[i]This vantage point is destroyed…. I could walk around the car but he could be preparing some sort of sneak attack…. Perhaps I'll just scare the shit out of him instead….

Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Freeze Beams on the vehicle. 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Aquilo rolls to use Master skill Shoot Freeze Beams on the vehicle. 1-2 is a failure 3-10 is a success.
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:16 am

NSS Station 7
I-90
Saturday Morning

Aquilo snickered.

He had made another layer of ice armor and a shield before he watched three freeze beams launch toward the car.

They connected one after the other on the divers side. The first froze the car to the ground. The second and third caked the car in another two feet of ice.
Create Armor Out of Ice [Alpha] - 6/20
Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

Skylar notices as the car gets coated more heavily in ice yet does not care. He has seen this before so he shrugs it off a bit. He notices Azriel inside the car move about yet he cannot make out more than his outline. He figures he wants out of the car so while still completely behind the car. Skylar inhales deeply before attempting multiple roars.

Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging roar (1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)

Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging roar again (1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)

Skylar attempts to use Superior skill Raging roar for a final time (1-4 Fail, 5-10 Success)
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Raige Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Highway I-90
Saturday Morning

Skylar watches as one of his roars actually effects the ice. Deep cracks from in it and only a thin sheet falls off. He would try again but he knows that he only had enough time for one try.

Raging Roar (Superior) – (17/30)
Skylar Raige
Skylar Raige

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next