Real Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

+8
Dark Coyote
Akvo
Noah the Arc Bearer
Night Terror
Ike
Dr. Weird
Sol
Epoch
12 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun - Page 5 Empty Re: 3) Bridge 1: It Has Begun

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:15 am

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory in the Bad Lands
11:05:01 P.M.

Target of the Scry 1-5 target is Akvo, 6-10 the target is the the factory where the bandage was made.

Random number (1,10) : 5
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 am

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory in the Bad Lands
11:06:03 P.M.

Again his vision blurred out of focus and when he regained it there stood Akvo clear as day. A twisted smile happened upon his face as his sight returned to that of his room. “I could definitely get use to this. I am going to need to research my powers; it seems that my sight is growing.”

“STEVE, KILL THE LIGHTS.”

“Of course sir, good night then Doctor, everything will be ready for you in the morning.”

The lights fade out on Dr. Weird as he sat there on his bed silently grinning to himself.

________________________________________________________________________________

Skills

Scrying [Novice] – 1/10

? [Novice] – 0/10

? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 am

11:03:03
Highway 240

A car rapidly approaches Akvo. He decides to flag it down rather than killing the owner. The car slows.

Wow, good old South Dakota, glad I didn't kill this guy

The man looked to be in his late eighties. He was in a dark blue Cutlass Supreme.

Akvo walks casually but quickly around the front of the car and looks into the passenger side window for further permission.

The old man unlocks the door and Akvo gets in. He nods to him and puts his seatbelt on.

"Yer bleeding. What're yeh doing ou' here. Where do yeh need teh go." The old man said, not questioned.

"I'm hurt, some men are after me. I just want to sleep. I don't have any money." Akvo replied not daring to look at the man for fear of upsetting him.

"I dun't want any moneh. I'll take yeh as far as Wall. Yeh can sleep on my davenport if yeh dun't need anything better." The man said, starting the car.

Twenty minutes pass

"Why're the men after yeh." Again the old man said instead of questioned.

Maybe I should tell him...

"I owe them some money, so I borrowed some money from someone else to pay the first group off. The first group took my money and upped the price. They want to kill me and now the second group is looking for to take their money back, out of my hide." Akvo lied.
That sounds about right

"I dunt need to see yer face to know that yer lyin' through yer teeth." The old man said without taking his eyes off the road. He drove around a stopped deer and continued towards the city lights.

Maybe I really should tell him

"I'm some sort of freak. I can shoot ice out of my hands. I accidentally killed a bunch of people in Oklahoma. I got scared and I killed a bunch more. Some other freaks came to stop me. They would have been able to except another group of crazy people came to stop them. Somehow I drew a whole lot of attention to myself by these hero types. I got beat up pretty bad. This crazy man with goggles pulled me out of there and I wasn't sure I was into the things he had to say. He was nice and all but I just don't know. I never wanted any of this attention. He fixed me up but I got out of there as soon as I could. Now here I am." Akvo breathed out.

They pulled into a driveway.

"There's food in tha fridge. I'll get yeh a blanket." the old man said.

What the hell. He either doesn't believe me or he's crazy. Or something...

They entered the dwelling Akvo didn't ask any questions and stood by the couch awaiting his blanket.

He seems like a normal old man.

He picked up a frame on the nearby coffee table. There was a slightly younger version of the old man in it, a old woman who was presumably his wife, and a young man presumably his son.

The young man seems oddly familiar...

Akvo puts the frame down just a moment before the man returns with a pillow and thick blanket.

"I said yeh could eat ma food and sleep on my davenport. I didunt seh yeh could touch meh belongin's." The man said.

Akvo looked down at the frame. It was on the wrong side of the table.

Shit...

"It's fine. If yeh need anything help yehself, no need to wake meh up."

Akvo put the pillow on the couch and laid down. He was hungry. The hyper sensory enhancement had worn off though and he was exhausted.

Fuck I'd kill for even a slice of toast.... No, no I wouldn't. I wouldn't kill someone for a piece of toast.... I'm overthinking. I need to just.... sleep...

Skills
Shoot Sharp Icicles [Superior] - 11 /30
Make shields of ice for protection [Alpha] - 4/20
Shoot Freeze Beams [Novice] - 5/10

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:24 am

11:45:30 PM
Badlands outside of Rapid City

Dark awoke from his quick nap to the sound of a large truck. He quick jumped from tree to tree until he was soon near a road. He looked to the west and saw a large semi heading his way. He crotched down near the side of the road, trying to keep himself unseen, and when the truck got close he leapt on top of the trailer, his claws dug into the top and he braced himself from the sudden acceleration. Once he was accustomed to the movement he crawled up to the front of the trailer. The air pressure gave him a rather nice gust he took down his hood to let it all over his cleanly shaved face. He sat down at the front of the trailer. It was nice to be able to sit and enjoy the wind in his face. He lost track of time just enjoying the wind, but after a while the truck suddenly slowed down and jerked the the side of the road then skidded back as the driver tried to keep control. Dark quickly dug his claws into the trailer but he was still thrown over the side. He flipped a few times in the air then landed heavily on all fours on a slope, the momentum made him slide down the rock face but he soon came to a stop. He looked up at the truck to see if the driver was okay but the truck was still rolling down the road as if nothing had happened. Dark growled angrily at loosing his ride. He quickly made his way back to the road in order to find out exactly where he was. He crawled back up to the road and began walking down beside it. He soon found a sign saying he was at a tourist stop in the Badlands of South Dakota. He growled angrily. He quickly decided not to try to go anywhere tonight, he was tired and his right arm was twisted almost to breaking point in the crash. He looked out over the geography. He saw several likely caves and he quickly made his way to the nearest one. He found in uninhabited but he knew that most likly something called this home so he made double sure that is was secure. Sure enough a large dog came to the cave but a loud growl sent it away. He sat down in a corner of the cave and made himself as comfortable as possible. He would spend the night here, then find his way out tomorrow.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:32 am

12:01:00 AM

Yilana woke up with itchy and irritated skin, moving around and forgetting she was on a limb of a tree, falling on her back a few feet below. "Umph!.. ugh.. this is so damn disgusting and annoying," Yilana felt her skin peel from possible heat. "Damn my skin feels really hot.. and there's damn snow on the ground. What in blazes?"

Suddenly, Yilana feels extreme pain going down her throat and throughout her veins. She then wails in excruciating pain. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Yilana kneels and scratches at her skin underneath her camosuit. "What the FUUUUCK?!" She itches up from her arm to her face, "UGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!" Yilana starts to continously rub her face. The friction made her face even hotter, creating flames to appear all over her body.

Yilana looks at her hands and the rest of her body and almost screams yet laughs in disbelief. "AH..AHHH..AHAHAHHAAAA!!!!" Yilana begins to run in a frenzy, happy to find herself engulfed in flames.

Parts of the trees catch on fire, slowly becoming enflamed.

Last edited by Yilana on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:32 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dormitory Room 419
Friday
7:00 AM

Epoch's alarm rang out. He burst upward, waking from some dream he couldn't remember. The night had been long and cool. The world somehow seemed at peace, though.

Sitting up, Epoch put his feet on the floor. Suddenly, like a tidal wave, it washed over him, that sicken feeling of being put in the center of the universe for even just a moment. Today he was visiting one of the holding facilities that would be closing soon. Today, Epoch would be a tool for the NSS to try to change the world for mutationally enhanced humans everywhere.

Shaking his head to tousle his hair, he almost stood. Then with a quick jolt of courage he thought, I can do it now I know it! Epoch wanted desperately to teleport just once more, it would give him the feeling that he could just probably make it through this day.

To the closet, just make it to the closet. If Epoch could teleport there, he knew he could do anything.

(Epoch attempts to teleport 1-8 it fails, 9-10 success)

(If it fails Epoch attempts to teleport again 1-8 it fails, 9-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 6

(If it fails Epoch attempts to teleport again 1-8 it fails, 9-10 success)
Random number (1,10) : 9

Skills
Time Travel [Alpha] - 0/20
Teleportation [Novice] 9/10
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

https://realheroes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:56 am

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Dormitory Room 419
Friday
7:02 AM

With that old feeling that there was absolutely no air around him, Epoch opened his yes, now standing next to his closet, "Yes, I totally did it!" He felt such greatness he threw on his blue spandex suit quicker than he had ever had. All the while he kept feeling this odd tingling. It grew from his core, like a static and sort of clung to his spandex. There was no time to think about it, he had to report to Professor Quantum by 8 AM.

Epoch had made a hasty run through the cafeteria for breakfast and ate as quickly as he could. Excitement was filling him like adrenaline, keeping his mind off the nerves he got over the thought of todays tour.

While he was finishing his last few bites and slurping his last gulp, Professor Quantum approached him, "Darren," he said, "If you wouldn't mind, we ought to get you in for a physical this morning, before we ship you out."

Skills
Teleportation [Alpha] 0/20
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:18 am

Somewhere outside of Bryant, SD
7:05:38 AM

Yilana wakes up after collapsing from her newfound skill. "Holy.." She sits up and looks around and finds all the trees that once surrounded her, destroyed to a crisp. Standing up slowly, Yilana looks at her hands and body. "I wonder.."

Yilana concentrates with all her might, hoping that she would be able to go into flame form again.

(Yilana attempts to go into her Fire Form ~ 1-8 Fail, 9-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 1

(If fails, Yilana attempts again ~ 1-8 Fail, 9-10 Success)
Random number (1,10) : 8

[b]

Last edited by Yilana on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:27 am

7:06:05 AM

Yilana opens one eye and notices nothing. "Ugggghh.. Ok. I will try ONE more time. If it doesn't work then screw it. I will try again later this afternoon."

Random number (1,10) : 4

Random number (1,10) : 2

Last edited by Yilana on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:40 am

7:07:01 AM

Yilana kicks at the dirt in frustration. "DAMN IT! I swear it happened!" Yilana sighs deeply and sits down on the ash-covered ground. "Maybe I was dreaming..." She takes a fistful of ashes and squeezes it as hard as she can.

After cooling down, she gets up and takes her flamethrower from the ground and swings it over her shoulders. "Time to move on."

Yilana walks through the wooded area and grumbles from hunger. She needs food for energy. "Maybe after I eat, I'll get some more energy to try that fire form again.. I've got to. Her determination grew, which her walk into a run.

Skills
Fire Form [Novice] 0/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 am

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory, Dr. Weird's Room
7:00:00 A.M.

“Sir, Dr. Weird it’s time to get up.” The computer Steve rang out. “I hate having to do this.” Suddenly a load piercing scream echoed through the room.

“SHUT THE FUCK UP STEVE, I AM UP.” He bolted up right in his bed. Ready for the new day of work to begin; jumping to the floor Dr. Weird walked to his bathroom to prepare for the day. After several minutes he emerged feeling refreshed he walked back over to the desk where the bandages lay.

“I should get these to the BIO LAB but first let’s try that again.” Taking the bandages out of the container he placed them in last night, he attempted to activate his Scrying again.

(Dr. Weird attempt to Scry Akvo again 1-8 FAIL, 9-10 SUCCEES)
Random number (1,10) : 7

(If the Scry is a success roll for target 1-5 Akvo, 6-10 the bandage factory)

________________________________________________________________________________

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 1/10

? [Novice] – 0/10

? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Somewhere in De Smet, SD
8:05:23 AM

Yilana finally entered a town. "Ugh. I need to look casual," she thought to herself after looking down at her camosuit. She walks back into the woods and came upon a backyard of a tan colored house with brown trimming. She notices a man in the bathroom shaving his face, while the woman, who could be his wife, in the dining room getting ready to leave the house.

Yilana activates her camosuit and walks stealthily across the lawn and opens the door very quietly, after the woman leaves the house. The man suddenly walks downstairs and Yilana stands very still, breathing gently. He walked over to the kitchen, grabbed an apple then paused, sniffing the air, probably smelling the burnt smell from the woods she destroyed back near Bryant. He put the apple in his mouth and walked over to the front door, putting his coat on. He looked back at the kitchen and then left the door while humming a happy tune. Yilana sighed after seeing his car leave the driveway and walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed anything that looked good to eat.

------------------------------------

After a good meal and a couple satisfying burps, she walks upstairs to what looked like the Master bedroom. She walks into the walk-in closet and smiles to all the huge amounts of women's clothing. "Choices choices," she said with a grin. She picked out a nice blue long-sleeved blouse and black dress pants and put them on. "Not bad," she thought to herself. "Now where are the shoes.." She looked around at the floor hoping to see some tucked underneath the hanging clothes but saw none. She went downstairs near the front door and saw a nice pair of flats. She put them on and walked around. "What are the odds she has the same shoe size as me," she said softly aloud to herself.

After putting on her flamethrower back around her shoulders, Yilana walks back out to the backyard and walks through the woods and onto the street.

"HEY! Where the hell do you think you are going with that thing?" a voice said to the right of her.

Yilana looks at a policeman, getting out of his car. She ignores him and walks onto the sidewalk with her back to him. The policeman pokes his head back in his car and leaves a dispatch message to the department in town: "There is a woman on Veld Avenue with a flamethrower.... What? Yes I am SURE it is a flamethrower!... Fine. I will double check, but I better see backup in the next two... Ten-four." The policeman walks over with his hand over his gun, jogging towards Yilana. "Ma'am. Do you have a license for that," he asked with a strong yet shaky voice.

Yilana turns around and glares at the policeman. "What's it to you?"

"For one thing, you shouldn't be carrying around a flamethrower. And for another thing, I will have you arrested if you do not.."

Yilana wields the flamethrower and points it at the policeman's face. "What, afraid of a little friendly fire?" she said with a smirk.

"I WILL HAVE YOUR ASS SENT TO STATE PRISON!" he yelled with a crack in his voice.

"Bring it." Yilana pulls the trigger but nothing comes out of it. She tries again then repeatedly pulls the trigger. She looks at the policeman who is now smiling and pulls out a gun to her face.

"Now put the weapon down. Now," he demanded.

"How about.. NO!" Yilana responded, then smashed the flamethrower across the policeman's face. He collapses on the floor unconsciously with blood coming out of his nose, mouth, and a gash across his face. Yilana turns around to her finding of five police cars with lights and eight policemen and women with guns aimed at her. "Oh-ho! Now this.. is going to be fun!" she said loudly.

"Let's hope this shit works again.." she thought to herself.

Skills
Fire Form [Novice] 0/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Yilana Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Somewhere in De Smet, SD
8:05:23 AM

The policemen look at each other with puzzled looks while watching Yilana close her eyes in concentration. She looks down and clenches her jaw and fists. "This pisses me off.." she mumbled angrily. She whips out a couple daggers and swings them around while smiling, seeing that most of the policemen are getting nervous.

One of them shoots their gun and Yilana tries to block it with her daggers.

1-5 block failed, 6-10 block successful

Skills
Fire Form [Novice] 0/10
Yilana
Yilana

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory, Dr. Weird’s Room
7:10:08 A.M.

Nothing happened

“WHAT THE HELL, IT WORKED LAST NIGHT; I guess I need more practice.” Putting the rags back into the container but keeping a small portion and tucking inside his pocket to practice with later, “STEVE BRING ME A SERVICE DRIOD WITH A TOASER STRUDDLE AND A GLASS OF ORAGNE JUICE.”

Moments later a small droid scurried into the room carrying his breakfast. Grabbing up food he then gave the robot to container to the droid, “Take this to the BIO LAB now and start a DNA analysis.”

“Steve are we ready to begin upgrades?”

“Yes sir, preparations are complete. What would you like to start with?”

(Upgrades to the O.O.P.S 1-3 missiles, 3-6 sensor pods, 7-10 radio relays)
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Twisted Fate Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory
7:11:14 A.M.

Takeshi rose from his cot, rubbing his cloudy eyes and shifting his legs over the edge of the cot, slipping his feet into his shoes. Takeshi ascended from the cot and shifted towards the sliding door of the quint storage unit. There was an audible *shwoooosh* as Takeshi moved within close proximity of the door.

As Takeshi walked down the long well lit corridor, he noticed many smaller corridors branching off from the main, each with stamps on the floor correlating with where they led…. “Maintenance, Advanced Weapons Research, Medical Ward A….. Throwback Storage..”
Takeshi thought to himself, “This Complex must be massive, surely Weird could have given me a better living corridor than that tight storage unit… what a son of a….” Suddenly, Takeshi heard a buzzing sound coming down the corridor, growing stronger in audacity as it grew closer

..woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Then, unexpectedly, an oddly shaped robotic holding an average sized canister whizzed rapidly past Takeshi, nearly slamming into him and into the adjacent bulkhead. “What the hell!?” Takeshi muttered, performing a double take in an attempt to get another glimpse of the robot. Takeshi pondered it for a minute as he continued down the corridor, “Of course, one of Dr. Weird’s creations.”

Finally, Takeshi reached the end of the corridor and into a large main room, he could hear a computerized voice in the far side of the room, and some terribly off key singing from what sounded like his compatriot Dr. Weird. He moved closer to get a glimpse of Weird beating on his pod with a hammer.

“Hiram…..” no response, “ HIRAM!!!!” Takeshi then shouted struggling to be heard over the clamorous hammering.
Twisted Fate
Twisted Fate

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Wall, SD
283 Creighton Road
5:00:00 AM

Akvo roused. Painfully.

The painkillers have worn off...

Akvo sat up. He heard TV in the room. It sounded like the morning news. The old man was obviously awake.

Should I go talk to him or just leave?

Akvo stands up and makes his way to the bedroom walking loudly enough to be heard easily. He knocks on the door of the room where the sound is coming from.

"Did yeh need somethin'." The old man said without looking up from the TV

"Just wanted to say thanks for the space to sleep." Akvo said.

"S'fine. Y'leaving now aren't yeh." He commented.

"I don't really have anywhere to go. But I don't really want to bring trouble your way." Akvo said.

"Yeh can stay anothah night if yeh want. It will be cold tehnight and yeh shed have a warm place teh sleep." Said the old man.

"Well I was thinking about doing an errand or two if that's okay?" Akvo asked.

"Ahm not yer dad. Bring tha car back in one piece." The old man said, handing Akvo the keys.

Wow, what's with this guy? How the hell can he be so open?

"Well, thanks. I don't think I'll be gone more than a few hours." Akvo said, standing there, waiting for more.

When it didn't come he turned around and left the room heading for the dark blue Cutlass Supreme.

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory, Factory Floor
7:13:11 A.M.

In the sub-factory maintenance floor the O.O.P.S. was being taken apart for the modifications. While Dr. Weird stood by at a small console controlling the mechanical arms as they whirled about the pod pulling off the armor siding.

“GOOD, STEVE SET EVERYTING TO AUTO I EXPECT EVERTHING TO BE FINSIHED BY TONIGHT.”
Another service droid came up to Dr. Weird handing over a digital clip board and relayed some news to him in a Microsoft Sam voice. “At 10:45 P.M. last night a warehouse exploded and went up in flames, which was revealed to be an unknown testing lab.”

“Really, things keep getting better and better.” Noticing that Takeshi was standing in the door way he gave him a little wave. “Go get the V-22 ready just in case, I want to be ready just in case.”

Looking at the digital clipboard, scrolling through the list of what appeared to be words of some kind as if to be looking for something. Suddenly stopping on one, “STEVE, OPEN PLANS FOR PROJECT 206-EX-7 AND PREP THE MANUFACTIONING ROOM 3…. AND BRING ME MORE ORAGNE JUICE.”

Sticking his hand into his pocket to retrieve the bandage, “The only way to get better is to pracite.”

(Dr. Weird attempt to Scry Akvo again 1-8 FAIL, 9-10 SUCCEES)
Random number (1,10) : 9

(If the Scry is a success roll for target 1-5 Akvo, 6-10 the bandage factory)
Random number (1,10) : 10

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 1/10

? [Novice] – 0/10

? [Novice] – 0/10
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Wall, SD
283 Creighton Road
5:10:00 AM

Akvo made it nearly to the door.

"Hey wait jest a mehnut." The old man shouted down the hallway.

Shit… Knew this was too good to be true.

"Yuh'll need teh fillerup." The old man said handing him a twenty dollar bill.

"Do you need a receipt?" Akvo asked

"Do yeh plan on stealin' from meh." The old man responded.

"No, I just thought…." Akvo trailed off.

"Here's anotha twenteh in case then." Said the old man giving him another crisp bill from his checkbook.

"I really appreciate it."Akvo thanked him.

"S'no problem." Said the old man walking away.

Akvo turned the keys in the ignition. Pulling out of the driveway.

He drives around town until he finds himself on Glenn street and the Route 66 Station.

He enters the station with his hood up, grabbing a map of South Dakota and a ski mask. He drops the forty dollars on the counter.

"Thirty dollars in gas. Keep the change." Akvo says trying not to reveal his face.

He puts thirty dollars worth of super unleaded gas into the Supreme and makes his way East towards Kadoka, SD.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Cave in the badlands of South Dakota
6:28:00 AM

Dark scratched his head softly then stood up and stretched out. Spending the night here wasn't exactly a holiday inn, but it wasn't as bad as he feared. He looked out of the cave taking note how high the still morning sun was in the sky, it hadn't even fully left the horizon. He walked back into the cave. He would need to find something to eat soon.

He stepped forth from the cave and his hunger problem was solved. He heard the disticnt rattling of a snake just below him. He looked down to see a fully grown rattlesnake at his feet. He chuckled as he lifted his foot off the ground, the snake struck at him, but the fangs only bounced off his thick leather boots. Dark slammed his foot on its head. The body began flailing wildly but Dark just bent over and grabbed it firmly. He ripped through the scales and soon had the meat exposed. It didn't take him long to eat the body, but it would satisfy his hunger for the day. He got down on all fours and sniffed the air while scrathing the dirt.

If 1-5 he doesn't smell anything if 6-10 he smells a faint bit of fumes
Random number (1,10) : 1

Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Cave in the Badlands of South Dakota
6:30:00AM

Not smelling anything he slowly crawls from the cave. Dark wasn't positive abbout how he would get out of the badlands, but first he had to find water. He crawled for only a few miles before he found a small pond. A bit of leftover from the last time it rained. He quickly drank as much as he could then began moving east. He was bored with the hills. Time to head east and find something interesting there.
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Weird Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Dr. Weird’s Laboratory, Factory Floor
7:16:06 A.M.

His vision began to blur like it did before, “SUCCESS!!!” he shouted but when it came back into focus it was not Akvo he saw, but an assembly line in a factory producing medical bandages. “WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS, WHERE IS MR. DRAKE, AND WHY AM I LOOKING AT THIS SHIT.” Looking around to see if Akvo was there somewhere but all he saw was machinery and the workers there maintaining the machines.

His vision faded back out and he found himself back at his factory floor. “DAMN IT, how did that happen.” Looking at the bandage in his hand the answer came to him. “YOU GOTTA BE KIDING ME.” He realized that because Akvo’s blood was the rag, he picked up on the place where it had come from.

“This is going to be a pain in my ASS.”

Skills
Scrying [Novice] – 2/10

? [Novice] – 0/10

? [Novice] – 0/10

Last edited by Dr. Weird on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Somewhere in the badlands
8:00:00AM

Dark continued to walk amounst the sand and the rock of the badlands. He had spent a few years here but he knew that it wasn't a place to be lost in. He didn't recognize anything so he just kept walking. He walked up to the top of a large peak and looked around. All he could see was more of the arid rocks. He sighed loudly. He smelled the air again, hoping to find something of use.
If 1-5 he smells nothing if 6-10 he smells a bit of fumes.

Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Akvo Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Just outside Kadoka, Poplar St. SD
7:25:00 AM

Akvo had driven very slowly so he didn't draw attention to himself.

He found himself at a store called "People's Market". He parked the Cutlass and started walking on foot. He moved West on Poplar St. then moving north on W 1st Ave. He winced and put his map away and took a left on Chestnut St.

This is a whole lot of work. Hopefully I'm not wasting my time, and I hope it doesn't come back to bite him. It's just a couple blocks away now.

Akvo looked around somewhat nervously before donning his ski mask.

He arrived at 601 Chestnut.

Skills

Akvo
Akvo

Back to top Go down

Post  Epoch Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Oklahoma City
NSS Station 7
Physical Examination Room
Friday
7:35 AM

"Please step into the standing bay," inquired a nerdy looking young man in a lab coat, who had previously introduced himself as Patrick Grimly. Pat, he had said would suffice and he had the simple power to understand all machinery.

"Turn it on, Pat," Quantum interjected, "You'll hear a slight whirring sound, Darren, but don't worry the machine doesn't bite."

Epoch made an uneasy smile, "What exactly does this do?" He was standing on a semicircle platform that seemed to be surrounded by blue lights that intensified as the whirring kicked in. The machine was a, floor to ceiling, metallic cylinder, with an external control panel that Pat stood at with confidence.

Quantum smiled widely, "It's an old time machine, if you're willing to believe that," he let out a sly laugh, "I built the first model about thirty years ago, and oddly it didn't work. I did perfect the concept later, but decided it was too much of a risk and never integrated it into the NSS repertoire. This model, however, was designed to travel by tracking and concentrating chronotons. Lucky for you, it does work perfectly to track chrontons and give out readings on their states and energy."

Epoch looked a tad unsure, "Chronotons? So, this is the machine that decides exactly what my power is doing to me?"

"Precisely," Pat and Quantum said in unison.

"Now stand still and we will proceed," Quantum directed Epoch.

As he gained his composure, the whirring of the machine grew higher in pitch. Epoch heard something shift in the machine as the lights on metal arms began to rotate around him and the platform. each arm, it appeared was not covered in lights, but blue glowing nodes of some sort. Looking beyond the rotating arms, Darren spotted Jenna and the head of the NSS, Mr. Jackson enter the room.

Skills
Teleportation [Alpha] 0/20
Epoch
Epoch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Coyote Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:39 pm

(Edited a spelling error my bad)
8:01:30 AM
Somewhere in the badlands

The smell of fumes filled his nose. His eyes immediatly opened and looked in the direction from where the fumes where coming. He got back down on all fours and slowly began making his way toward the smog. He was wary, this was not a smell to be expected in the middle of nowhere. There was no way it was just a passing truck. The smell was to prevelant for that. He slowly made his way, following his nose to the bas of a large hill. The smell was definatly coming from the top. He slowly climbed the hill carefully scanning the area around him for anything out of the ordinary. He soon was at the top but still saw nothing. He closed his eyes and let the smell guid his hands. He soon felt a large bit of heat. He opened his eyes to find a large, but very well hidden, exhaust port. Obviously for some large facility below. His mind flashed back to the facility he was kept in when he was so much younger. The rage boiled up in him but he knew that anything he did would be limited and would likely bring a swift responce. He decided just something like a small prank would have to do. He blocked the exhaust with large rocks and plenty of sand. Once he could no longer smell the smog, or feel the heat he quickly bolted away, knowing that someone would definatly notice the build up inside the facility and would not be happy.

Novice 0-10
Alpha 1-20
Dark Coyote
Dark Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next